My Beloved Billionaire

By Loveberry04

22 year old, Skylin Larson moves to the big city in hopes of finding employment. She finally lands herself a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue

Chapter 12

1.3K 75 0
By Loveberry04

Leyton's POV

After Skylin left I played with Olivia in an attempt to cheer her up and it didn't work much, but she did end up falling asleep. I then made my way to my office in a desperate attempt to try and find answers when Charlotte came into the room with a look of disappointment.

"What did you do?" She asked.

Knowing that I could trust Charlotte, I told her everything as embarrassing as it was I needed someone to talk to at the moment and she got here at the right time her being the right person was just a bonus.

"Poor girl, no wonder she left." She said sympathizing with Skylin and making me feel even guiltier. "And then you went ahead and decided to ignore her." Charlotte said with a sigh of disappointment.

"I know, I messed up, I just could not bring myself to face her, not after I saw her heart shutter in front of me." I said as I took a seat on the couch and placed my face in my hands. "I don't know what to do." I admitted. "I wasn't even sure that she liked me back until then." I continued running a hand down my face.

"To be honest, I'm mostly on her side. You basically have been rejecting her on a daily basis since then." Charlotte said looking at me with accusation.

I gave her a bored expression not that it did anything to her. 

"You shouldn't make decisions on her behalf, let her choose what she wants. You should sit down with her and tell her about everything that's on your mind, but only when she gets back, if she does come back that is." Charlotte said with a shrug.

"Don't say that." I said not liking the idea of her not coming back, not even if I was the reason to her wanting to leave.

"Well it's true, if she finds someone while she's on her short trip or if she manages to meet an old flame she might not come back. Many men would want a woman like her, she's kind, beautiful and she loves children." Charlotte said. I was starting to wonder if she was rubbing salt onto my wound intentionally or not. I knew that she was right and that's what hurt the most plus I couldn't bare the thought of her being with another man, it sent a sour taste into my mouth.

"I cannot afford to let her go, not only for me but for Olivia as well." I said as I stood up and started pacing the room.

"That's true, but for now don't say or do anything to spoil her trip." Charlotte said with a stern look.

I nodded in agreement, not planning on bothering her on her trip. I guess we all have to lie in the beds that we make, no matter how uncomfortable they may be.

"Charlotte." I called out. 

"Hmm." She responded.

"Please bring me a glass of wine." I requested surprising Charlotte. I wasn't a person who drank unless I was at a dinner or something like that. I avoided it at all costs and almost completely stopped when I got Olivia, so it was very rare for me to request any forms of alcohol besides on occasions.

Charlotte slowly nodded but looked at me with concern. I nodded reassuring at her and tried to force out a smile at her.

Charlotte left and came back with a glass of my white wine. I thanked her and took a sip of the wine. It was only in the mid afternoon so I deceided to go back to work knowing that when Olivia woke up she would probably need my attention.

I worked but couldn't exactly focus. Charlotte's words kept repeating in my mind and the honesty of them made me nervous. I felt an emotion that I hadn't felt in a long time... jealousy.

Frustration began crippling into my every being, making me chug down my glass of the sweet alcoholic beverage. I needed another drink so badly but I knew that if I wanted to make it through this day I needed to focus and do something to keep myself busy, something besides drinking.

•••••

A week and a half passed by with just Sky calling Olivia who seemed to miss her more and more everyday. I couldn't help but to grow more anxious as the days went by. What if she didn't want to come back, what if she found a man who treats her better than I have so far, what if the relationship that we had before the kiss would forever be ruined. These questions wouldn't stop circulating no matter what I did. I already had trouble sleeping before because of the regret and guilt but now it was worse, I only got about an hour and a half of sleep now. I was starting to get dark circles around my eyes from the lack of sleep, and the need to talk to Skylin and to sort all of this out was getting out of control, but out of my respect for her, I gave her space.

I was now in my office finishing off the last bits of work for the day when I heard my office door slam open, and in marched my mother with my father in tow.

"Leyton Alessandro Santiago!" Shouted my mother making me close my eyes at the noise. "Charlotte called and told me that you not only scared the poor girl away but you have also not been eating or sleeping enough." She fumed her face almost red from anger

My father just stood to the side and looked at me with sympathy and pity. I could tell that if he could he would help me escape from my mother's fury.

"Are you even listening to me Leyton?" She asked making me divert my attention to her. "Do you want a repeat of last time?" She asked making me feel guilty for worrying her. "Leyton talk to me." She pleaded. "What's going on? What happened? I'm sure it can be fixed." She said taking a step forward so she was standing right in front of my table with sadness lurking in her eyes.

Taking a deep breath I retold the story. When I finished the story my father's eyes were wide open as he a did a short whistle. 

"Poor thing must feel rejected, you practically did reject her." Mom said as she let her body slouch onto the couch.

"Who wouldn't feel rejected? If I had done that to you, you would have shouted my ear off." Dad said to my mom who wasn't really paying him much attention. 

"For now give her some time and then when she comes back talk to her." My mom said. 

"If she comes back." My dad added making me glare in his direction.

"For now lets get some food into your belly and then you're off to bed." My mother said standing and making her way to the door. 

"Son, that girl cares about you so don't worry I know that she'll come back and when she does you must tell her how you feel about her and let her make the choice of whether she wants to be with you or not." My father said standing up. "While you go and rest I'll take care of things around here." He said with a small reassuring smile as he gently patted my shoulders and directed me out of the office.

~~~~~

Skylin's POV

It's been a week and a half since I've been home and I told my Mom about everything that had happened back at Leyton's place and she responded by giving me a big hug and telling me that everything would be okay. She even laughed at me saying that I was probably in love with the guy to feel so hurt about his rejection and I of course disagreed. I liked him a lot but I don't think that I loved him yet. It's been a little over 2 months since we had met, it didn't make sense that I'd be in love just yet.

Anyway, being home has been great, it's helped me clear up my mind and stabilise myself. I haven't gotten over Leyton which according to my mom is normal. I don't know why I'm feeling everything that I'm feeling, all of this is new to me, the last time that I had a crush was when I was eleven and even then I was too shy to talk to the guy so I just ignored it until it faded away, but this one doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. 

"Thinking about that man again?" My Mom asked with a knowing smirk. "You miss him don't you?" She asked.

"You can't miss what you never had Mom." I stubbornly said.

"You know Honey I know that he hurt you but maybe it would be good for you to go back just to hear him out, I might not know him very well if at all, but I have a feeling that the is a lot that he wants to say." My mom said with a small smile.

"I will Mama, but for now I just want to spend some time with you." I said with half honesty. Yes I was happy to be with my mom but a part of me was using this visit as a way to run away from my problem.

"Okay Sweetie, what ever you say." Mom said standing up from my bed. "Don't forget to call that little girl that seems to love you so much." She continued as she made her way to the door. "Goodnight." She said closing my bedroom door behind her.

"Goodnight, Mama." I said taking my phone from my night stand and dialling Leyton's number, like everyday for the past week and a half. Whenever I wanted to talk to Olivia I called Leyton, for the first three days when I called, Leyton would answer and then we'd greet each other while he waited for Olivia, but after that whenever I called I was greeted by Olivia's voice, meaning that Leyton would give Olivia the phone around the same time each night.

Today as I called the phone rang for a bit longer before it went to voicemail which shocked me a little. This had never happened before so I called again and this time someone answered.

"Hello." I heard a familiar voice, but I couldn't pinpoint where I'd heard it from.

"Hello." I said with slight hesitation.

"Sky, Dear it's Valeria." She said and that's when I was finally able to match the voice with the person.

"Oh, hello, how are you?" I politely asked.

"I'm okay Honey, but I need you to help me with something." She said , just as I heard the background noise of a crying Olivia.

"Is that Olivia?" I asked feeling worried.

"Yes, she's been crying for over an hour now, could you please try talking to her?" She asked.

"Of course." I replied.

I then heard Valeria as she cooed at Olivia asking her if she wanted to talk to me.

"Hello." I heard the hoarse voice of Olivia.

"Hey, baby. What's wrong?" I cooed.

"I want you to come back home." She cried with a hiccup.

"I will come back very soon my Love, I promise." I said trying to cheer her up as my heart broke as I heard her sniffle in sadness. "Will you be a good big girl for me and be nice to Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa?" I cooed and heard a quiet yes and more sniffles.

"That's my big girl." I said.

"I miss you." She responded in her small voice which just touched my heart.

"I miss you too my little Munchkin." I responded. "Time for bed Sweetheart and if you are a good girl and behave for me I will take you to the carnival and we'll have a girl's day out when I get back, okay?" I said, trying to give her something to look forward to.

"Okay, goodnight I miss you." She said.

"I miss you even more Baby, now off to bed." I softly spoke.

"Okay, I love you." She said shocking me a little but at the same time touching my heart, making it feel warm with love.

"I love you even more Baby. Now please give the phone to Daddy." I said and I heard a little 'okay' before I heard the voice which I hadn't heard in over a week, I didn't realise until that moment how much I missed this voice. 

"Hey." He greeted sounding tired.

"Hey." I greeted back.

"Thank you for that." He said sounding genuine.

"You're welcome. Goodnight." I said.

"Goodnight, Sky." He said and then we hung up with me knowing one thing, it was time for me to go back home. Running away wasn't going to solve anything, plus I wanted to see Olivia and make sure that she was alright. So that night I packed up my things and went to my mom's room, knowing that she would probably still be awake and told her about my change of plans. She looked at me knowingly and just laughed telling me that it was about time. I then went to bed knowing that I would need to have enough rest for tomorrow, seeing as I was going to be using public transportation, a trip that takes 3 hours could easily take 6.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 1K 45
Emery Montgomery is no stranger to the spotlight, after all when you're the heir to the English throne, privacy isn't something you're used to. So wh...
335K 8.2K 61
He loathe his wife, yet he can't take his eyes off her. He wants her gone, yet he can't seem to stay away. He wants her to suffer, yet he's overl...
2.2M 69.4K 12
During a New England snowstorm, spirited single mom Emerson Brown is stuck in the castle of elusive billionaire Liam Wyatt and she's less than happy...
89.7K 1K 6
When 25 year old Billionaire, Lenora Williams finds a broken man, deep in despair at the park, the sight pulls at her heart strings. Young Lenora tak...