My Beloved Billionaire

By Loveberry04

22 year old, Skylin Larson moves to the big city in hopes of finding employment. She finally lands herself a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue

Chapter 4

1.9K 86 0
By Loveberry04

I sat inbetween Olivia and Leyton at the dinner table. Leyton introduced me to everyone which consisted of Brianna the chef, Charlotte who I already knew, Keegan his personal driver and a guy named Logan who was the head of security but according to Leyton I might not see him around very much, I guess he stays pretty much locked in the security room or something.

Everyone was nice and made sure to make me feel comfortable. No one asked about the reason to why I was at the street late at night or to why I had no home, I guess it was all to make me comfortable since they could probably tell that I was still a little uncomfortable around them.

And cute little Olivia would smile and talk to me about random things, whether it was about whether I liked playing with dolls to telling me that my hair was pretty. She was a breath of fresh air.

Everyone looked at Olivia in shock when she pulled me to sit by her meaning that this wasn't something that she did much.

After dinner I complimented and thanked Brianna for the delicious meal, and then everyone went their separate ways after they had offered to help me with whatever I needed.

"Alright I'm going to go back to my office, I have more work to take care of." Leyton said with a sigh of exhaustion.

"Again? But you said you would play with me after dinner." Olivia said with a look of disappointment and sadness.

"I'm sorry Sweetheart, I have to go and deal with some things, but I'll make sure to see you before you go to bed, okay?" He asked looking guilty, but I guess for him to leave meant that this couldn't be helped.

"Okay." Olivia responded with a sad smile, which just pulled at my heart strings.

"How about we go and play for a little bit Liv." I suggested to try and cheer her up. Even though I felt tired myself I definitely felt better than earlier plus I didn't like to see Olivia sad.

"Will you?" She asked her eyes brightening up with hope.

"Yep, just for a little while though, is that fair?" I asked her and watched as she enthusiastically nodded. "Okay then let's go and play." I said with as much enthusiasm as I could give at my current state.

"Let's go and play, see you later Daddy." She said as she skipped to her room.

"She must really like you, Olivia can be very shy when around people. She could literally let you have a one sided conversation as you try to talk to her especially if she doesn't like you." Leyton explained with his hand pocketed deep into his pockets.

"Really?" I asked slightly surprised, she was so energetic and happy, it would have been difficult to figure it out, but I was similar to her, according to my Mom I was a shy, but energetic and happy child.

Leyton nodded in response.

"Sky." Olivia whined as she came back to probably fetch me. "Let's go." She said tugging on my hand and pulling me towards her room, making me giggle only to cause a cough to rack through my body.

"Are you sick?" She asked as her little eyes filled with worry.

"Just a little." I said while making an illustration with my fingers.

"You should go to bed and sleep, Daddy says that you must get enough rest if you're sick. We'll play some other day." She suggested with a smile of encouragement that just made me swoon inside, this was such a selfless and sweet little girl.

"Are you sure? We could play for a minute or two." I responded.

"I'm sure, I'll sit with you until you fall asleep if you want." She suggested looking at me with her big innocent eyes.

"That would be great Sweetheart, but I'll be fine. I don't want to get you sick." I said with a reassuring smile already feeling guilty by the fact that I had interacted at a close proximity with people, I just hope that no one would get sick because of me.

"Are you sure? I won't get sick." She asked looking at me with a serious look that made me want to giggle, she sure was determined.

"I'm sure Sweetheart, how about we both go to bed and then if I feel better tomorrow we can play something." I suggested.

"No, don't worry, we'll play when you feel better." She said with a reassuring big smile.

"Okay then, Goodnight Sweetheart." I said making my way to my bedroom after I blew her a kiss because I didn't want to touch her and risk giving her my germs.

"Goodnight." She replied with a big beaming smile.

I slipped into my room and gently closed the door, as exhaustion flooded over me. Charlotte had insisted on me drinking more medication and it was making me a bit drowsy not like I minded because I was a fan of good quality sleep. I climbed into bed and relaxed into the bed, taking time to enjoy its softness. This was the first time that I realised how comfortable the bed was, I was a little bit to sick to notice the niceness before.

I let my eyes flutter close and let sleep wash over me.

~~~~

Leyton's POV

"Goodnight Sweetheart." I said tucking in my daughter as I pecked her forehead goodnight.

"Goodnight, Daddy." She said releasing a sigh of content. "Daddy." She said in a thick sleep coated voice.

I hummed in response.

"I like, Sky. I don't want her to leave." She said releasing a yawn.

"I know." I said threading my fingers through her hair. "Go to sleep Sweetheart, it's been a long day." I said as I continued to thread my fingers through her hair.

I stayed with Olivia until she had fallen asleep. Once I was sure that she had fallen asleep I quietly got off her bedroom and shut the door before releasing a deep sigh. I feared that something like this would happen and the worst part about this was that Olivia bonded with her way faster than I thought.

I walked back to my office with the plan of tackling more work before I went to bed. When I got into the room I saw Charlotte waiting there for me with a look of disapproval.

"I was only going to be here for about 2 more hours." I said looking at Charlotte in amusement.

"Ah ha." She said looking at me in disbelief.

"I promise." I said.

"Alright then, now tell me what else is on your mind." She said looking at me with a look of concern and encouragement.

"Well..." I trailed off as I released a sigh.

"Is it about Olivia?" She asked already knowing about the root of my worries, then again it was to be expected, nothing went passed her.

"Olivia has basically gotten close to Skylin, in the small couple of hours that she's known her. I'm worried because Skylin might be leaving soon, I don't really know when, but it could be any day, and that might break Olivia, we both know that Olivia is shy and she has never attached with many people including the nannies that I had gotten for her." I explained running a hand over my face in fraustation.

"If it makes you feel better it seems like she likes Livvy too." She said as I looked at her with a look of boredom. "Okay but on a serious note, you know her situation so why not offer her a job or something. Get to know her better and try and help her." She suggested leaning on the table.

"I guess that I could do that, but I don't want to force her into anything." I said thinking over Charlotte's suggestion.

"Well, it's all up to you Dear." She said looking at me with a look of sympathy. "You will find a way through this, you know that I believe that everything happens for a reason, maybe Skylin coming into your life will benefit not only her life but also yours and Olivia's. It has to mean something for Olivia to take a liking to this girl. I also find myself liking her, she seems like a complete sweetheart." Charlotte continued in an attempt to comfort me.

"Maybe, but I'll never be sure. I'm an overthinker so I can't help but look deeper into this situation. It's hard for me to just let things play out. Being a businessman has made me very calculative." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Have you told her about who you are?" Charlotte asked with a look of pure seriousness.

"Kind of..." I responded trailing off.

"What do you mean, kind of?" She asked look at me in an accusing manner.

"I told her my name, but not my surname, she said that I looked familiar and I didn't try to refresh her memory or anything. I didn't lie about my identity, I just wasn't completely transparent with her." I explained. " I just want some kind of normality and right now she gives it to me, you know I don't really have an identity out there except for being a young billionaire." I said.

"I understand and I won't tell you what to do. If she stays here for longer than 2 days, you should probably tell her, just so that she knows what she is getting herself into, in case someone from the press decides to basically attack her out of nowhere." Charlotte said making a valid point.

"I will see." I said not guaranting anything.

"Alright, anyway I came here with two intentions, the first was to make sure that you go to bed soon which is something that I cannot completely control and the second one was to tell you that your Mother called. She wants you to go over to their house for brunch on the first Saturday of next month." Charlotte said as she made her way to the door. "Well Goodnight Sweetheart, don't think too much about everything, take it one step everyday and see how it all turns out and you might be surprised with the results." She said with a knowing smile as she exited the door and made her way to her bedroom leaving me with my thoughts.

Deciding that I could still push in some work before I went to bed I decided to go downstairs to make myself some coffee, not because it would help to keep me awake but purely because I just loved coffee, after I finished making my cup of coffee I made my way upstairs and back into my office where I had a bunch of contracts to review.

For those of you that might be wondering about my profession, I am the CEO of Santiago and Blaze Co-operation. We deal with construction of basically everything and we also have hotels and resorts. I handle the construction side of the company while my partner Carlton Blaze, the son of my father's best friend deals with the hotel part of the company, he also does most of the traveling, but I do have times where I have to travel or to take over a project of his and visa versa. Carlton and I work pretty well together and are the same age, we both grew up under the lime light due to the wealth that our father's have accumulated. We have managed to expand the company and have given it growth beyond compare and that is our greatest achievement.

I quickly reviewed the contracts as I drank my coffee before I sent them back to Blake. I also signed off the contracts from Carlton because some of them needed both of our signatures. I finished in 2 hours just as I had told Charlotte and headed to bed, it was around 23:48 so at least I would be getting about 5 hours of sleep. As I got under my covers I couldn't help but to think through what Charlotte had suggested. Offering Skylin a job would not be so bad, it could be greatly beneficial to both her and Olivia.

I slept with a peaceful mind, believing that things could actually turn out for the better, maybe I was the one that was making everything seem worse than it was supposed to be, the only thing that was left tugging on my mind was the fact that I barely knew anything about Skylin. I didn't feel as though she could bring any danger to anyone here but I still felt curious about her past, where she came from and how she ended up homeless, but the problem is that as much as I wanted to know I didn't want to offend her or anything by asking about such private matters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 94.6K 73
Meet Ella a simple minded girl who just wants to go out of her small town to grow as a person. She is quirky, naive and shockingly not a nerd. Techno...
2.2M 69.4K 12
During a New England snowstorm, spirited single mom Emerson Brown is stuck in the castle of elusive billionaire Liam Wyatt and she's less than happy...
45.4K 2.6K 62
Until a year ago, Kacey's life had always been easy. But when it rains, it pours, and he loses what always seemed a given. A year and a half later, h...
433K 22.5K 37
Brent Clyde has been homeless for three years. He goes to different shelters every night. His family kicked him out when he turned down a marriage pr...