The Bad and The Broken

By summer___love

Dawn Rayne Falls and her brother, Jesse Falls, are abused by her father, Jim. He is an alcoholic and abusive... More

The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Part 76

Chapter 20

40.3K 992 303
By summer___love

Hey loves!! I am EXTREMELY sorry about not updating in so long! You see, I got my phone taken by my teacher on Tuesday. It's Friday right now, and I just got it back today! I WENT ALMOST A WEEK WITHOUT MY BABY(my phone)!!!!!

I'm gonna start doing my authors notes at the end of chapters by the way. Lol.

Alright, so, remember my boyfriend I told y'all about? The one that I was with for almost a year? Yeah, we broke up. Turns out, he is a cheating little asshole that needs to fall in a hole, get raped by butterflies, eaten by snails, and pooped out by unicorns. Yupps. I'm gonna make sure that happens to that two timing man whore. Anyone wanna help?

Okay, remember when I told y'all about dropping my phone at school? Well, I dropped it, again. Ya see, I was skateboarding, and texting. I didn't see a stick in the road, and ended up falling off of my board, and my phone flew out of my hand, onto the concrete. So, with all of that said, DON'T TEXT AND SKATE!!!! (; -_-

So, how's life treating y'all? I hope it's treating y'all better than me! Lol.

That song up there is my new obsession!! OMG! And that girl's(Bea Miller) other song Dracula! Omg!

VOMMET! I love y'all! XD

Ryder
~•~•~•~•~•~
I watched the house, waiting on something, but not knowing what I'm waiting on.

"Hey, you see anything weird yet?" TJ whispered at me.

"No. You?" I asked

"Well, the living room light is on" he pointed out.

I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." I whisper yell at him.

"Your welcome, Sargent Sarcasm" he shot back, and I could practically hear the smirk on his face.

Once again, I rolled my eyes. I've kind of picked it up from Dawn.

"Your not all that clever, so wipe that smirk off your face, Officer Optomisic"

"Whatever you say, Dictator Dickhead" he fired back.

I turned my head to him.

His smirk is plastered on his face, as he stares back.

"Okay, I'm gonna have to give that to you" I said, laughing.

"Would you two shut the hell up!" Beau whisper yells at us.

We turn our gazes back to the two story house across the street from us.

"Pass the binoculars?" I asked

Beau handed them to me, and I put them to my eyes.

The living room light is on. So is a room on the second floor, that has really deep purple, almost black looking, curtains in the window. The only way I can tell the lights are on, is because there's a small crack between them.

"Who's room do y'all think that is?" I asked.

"It could be Dawns" TJ suggested.

Okay, you're probably really confuses right now. So let me fill you in.

Beau, TJ, and myself are spying on Dawn. We are only doing this to find out more about her. It might sound weird, but it isn't... okay, maybe a little.

-Flashback-

I stared at my desk, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Don't think too hard, you might shit yourself" TJ said, walking to the black couch, in the middle of my room.

"What's got you thinking so hard?" He asked, turning on the TV.

"She is so mysterious! So closed off! So... distant. I just can't help but wonder... what is the reason. Rhine this? what is her story?" I said, more to myself.

"Damn. Wasn't expecting it to be that deep." TJ said.

I looked up at him.

He's on my couch... in a snuggie... watching Sponge Bob Squarepants.

What... the actual... fuck.

"Why do you have my mom's snuggie?" I asked, walking to the couch.

And not only does he have y mom's snuggie, he has her slippers too.

"Are you gay?" I asked.

"What? No. I have her snuggie and slippers because it's cold." He said, pouting.

"Dude, we live in Florida" I said, staring at him in disbelief.

All he did was turn back to Sponge Bob.

I rolled my eyes.

"So, about this girl... who is it?"

I hesitated.

"D-Dawn..." I trailed, looking at my feet.

"Oh. Yeah. She's a puzzle." He said, and, once again, turned back to Sponge Bob.

I let out a silent sigh of relief.

"Yeah." I said, sitting on the other end of the couch.

"Do you need help putting this puzzle together?" TJ asked.

I looked at him, hiding my shock.

"Sure. Why not." I said.

"Okay... just one question... how?"

-End Of Flashback-

And that is how we ended up here, spying on Dawn... and her family.

"There's nothing going on. Can't we just go with plan B?" Beau asked.

Yeah, we got Beau involved.

I sighed.

"I guess." I agreed.

Plan B: Pizza delivery.

"Start tomorrow?" I asked.

TJ and Beau agreed, and I started packing up my things.

I was about to close the window, when I saw the front door of Dawn's house open.

A man walked out, leaving the front door wide open, and by the stoping of his feet he's angry.

I squinted my eyes, trying to see details.

He has on a dark blue shirt, with a few stains, jeans, and work boots.

He ha brown hair, like Dawn and Jesse,, and a big gut.

He storms to a truck parked in the driveway, gets in, making sure to slam the door shut, and speeds away.

"Was that her dad?" I heard TJ ask.

"I don't know... Probably" I replied, staring at the front door, that's still wide open.

I watched as the living room light made shadows on the floor, in front of the door way.

A shadow of a person came towards the door.

I watched as the person came closer, and when the person came all the way out of the room, in front of the door, he walked into the porch.

Jesses stood on the porch, and looked at the driveway.

He looked back in the house, and put his hands in his hair, pulling on it, in frustration.

He went back into the house, carefully shutting the door behind him.

"That was... weird..." TJ said, after a few minutes of silence.

I nodded, and turned around.

"Want to start on Plan C, instead?" I asked

"Yeah" Beau said, flowed by TJ.

Plan C- Be Dawn's friend.

Dawn's POV
~•~•~•~

"Jesse, get up." I said, shaking him.

He groaned, and rolled over, pulling the plain white covers over his head.

I rolled my eyes, and let out an annoyed sigh.

"I'm getting in the shower. If you're not up when I get up, I'm getting the bucket." I said, getting my cloths, and going into the bathroom.

I turned on the water, undressed, and got in.

I stood under the hot water, as it softly pounded on my back, letting my muscles relax.

After a few minutes, I started washing my hair, and body, with my new vanilla scented shampoo.

I would tell you how I got it, but... I would probably get arrested.

Okay, so I stole it. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do... in my case, I had to steel shampoo and body wash. If the price wasn't so high, it was $12.00, I wouldn't of stolen it. So, it was technically the stores fault!

Anyways...

I washed the soaps out of my hair, and off of my body, then got out.

I wrapped the towel around me, like a dress, and walked to my full body length mirror. It has a few cracks on corners, and in the middle, but it's all I could afford.

Bruises, scratches, gashes, lashes... okay, I did not mean to make that ryhme!

I dropped the towel, and looked at the rest of the damage.

I looked a little closer, and saw all the scars on my face, shoulders, legs, and stomach.

There's a small scar on my eyebrow, from when dad slammed my head on a coffee table.

There's a long, but not very long, scar going down my thigh. That was from when dad whipped me with a whip.

Don't ask me where he got it, because I don't even know.

And, last but not least, there's a long, jagged scar going from the back of my left shoulder blade, to the middle of my back.

That came from when dad... took me to... the basement.

I felt tears come to my eyes, as I remembered what happened in that horrid place.

I shook my head, ridding of those thoughts.

I put on my clothes, and brushed my hair and teeth. I put on foundation, and concealer, then went to my room.

Jesse is still in bed.

Guess I'm getting the bucket.

I went down the stairs, not worrying about dad. He's on a business trip. That's why he left the house angry last night.

I went to the cabinet, below the kitchen sink, and got the small bucket out from under it.

I put ice in it, and then filled it half way with cold water. I didn't fill it all the way, because then I wouldn't be able to lift it.

I walked back up the stairs with it, and went I to my room.

I put the bucket over his head, and slowly tilted it.

I tilted it all the way, and all the water poured on his head.

He immediately sprung out of bed, panting.

His eyes are wide, his teeth are chattering, and his head, face, and shirt are soaked.

He stared at the bed, then at me.

"What the hell Dawn!" He says, a little loud.

"I told you to get up." I said, putting the bucket down.

He rolled his eyes, and stormed into his room.

"We leave in 20" I holler. As soon as I finished, the door slammed shut.

I looked at my soaked black sheets, and white blanket.

I guess we are sleeping in Jesse's room.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"So, where will dad be for the next two weeks?" Jesse asked as we walked to school.

I shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe h-" I said, but got cut off by a car horn beeping.

I looked at the road, and my eyes widened.

Ryder's car.

The drivers window rolled down, and, sure enough, Ryder was in the drivers seat.

"Need a ride?" Ryder asks, pulling his sun glasses down the bridge of his nose, looking over them.

I shook my head, and walked forward, tugging Jesse with me.

"Oh come on! You're walking in jeans, and a sweat shirt in Florida! You're gonna have a heat stroke." He said.

All I did was shrug.

I look over at him, to see him staring at me.

He sighed. Then, sped away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

629K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...
2.8K 77 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...
318K 10.7K 40
17 year old Alexis has been abused ever since her mom died when she was 16 by her stepfather and stepbrother. She thinks she might as well die. But t...
150K 3K 19
PLEASE GOD THIS STORY SUCKS ASS SO DONT READ IT IF YOU TREASURE YOUR SANITY THX Oliver, (16) has been a black sheep. His seven brothers seem to grasp...