Always Remember (Wesley Strom...

By e3and5soslover

Laney is just a small town girl living in Ohio, but then her dad gets a job transfer in California and her fa... More

Chapter 1 'The Move'
Chapter 2 'Hello, Again?'
Chapter 3 'Hangout?'
Chapter 4 'Grounded?'
Chapter 5 'Sorry'
Chapter 6 'Just a Dream'
Chapter 7 'What Are You Doing Here?'
Chapter 8 'Sparks'
Chapter 9 'Talking'
Chapter 10 'You're My Secret Admirer?'
Chapter 11 'What Do You Feel?'
Chapter 12 'Movies'
Chapter 13 'Vacation?'
Chapter 14 'Drew Day'
Chapter 15 'I love you not'
Chapter 16 'I'm in love with YOU'
Chapter 17 'Family Fun'
Chapter 18 'Don't Hate Me'
Chapter 19 'Are you Drunk?'
Chapter 20 'What Happened?'
Chapter 21 'Virginia'
Chapter 22 'I miss you'
Chapter 23 'Wait What?'
Chapter 24 'What Came?'
Chapter 25 'I'll Make it Work'
Chapter 26 'Promise?'
Chapter 27 'Christmas Shopping'
Chapter 28 'Road Trip'
Chapter 29 'I love you, Keaton?'
Chapter 30 'Merry Christmas!'
Chapter 31 'Welcome to New York'
Chapter 32 'New Years Kiss?'
Chapter 33 'Too Many Memories'
Chapter 34 'New Everything'
Chapter 35 'Need'
Chapter 36 'Second First Date'
Chapter 37 '3000 Miles'
Chapter 38 'Not Goodbye'
Chapter 39 'Surprise'
Chapter 40 'Doctor'
Chapter 41 'Not Expecting This'
Chspter 42 'House Party'
Chapter 43 'Wesley Jr.'
Chapter 45 'It Can't be Time'
Chapter 46 'Magic Touch'
Chapter 47 'Time To Ourselves'
Chapter 48 'Baby Steps'
Chapter 49 'Big Day!'
Chapter 50 'Big Day Part II'
Chapter 51 'Big News'
Chapter 52 'Bora Bora'
Chapter 53 'Mystery Baby?'
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 44 'Complications'

158 5 0
By e3and5soslover

Laney's POV

"Good morning Lane," I heard someone whisper while patting my leg. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and sleepily sat up. I saw it was Wes when I finally let my eyes adjust.

"Morning Wes, how is everything?"

"It's good. They're okay, but my dad had to go into surgery late last night. He'll be okay though. Anna wasn't hurt as bad, but she's got some bumps and bruises."

"Is Matt gone? Are they still at the hospital?"

"No, he's downstairs. I just got home, but Keaton's still there with them."

"Why did you come home? You don't have to worry about me."

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay with everything. Did you take your medicine?"

"Not yet, I might've forgot last night too," I admitted.

"Laney! This is why I worry about you babe," he sighed jokingly.

"I'm sorry. I had a lot on my mind last night and myself was the last thing I was going to think about."

"You need to start thinking about yourself more then. If you don't we could lose our baby."

"I love you Wes, and I made a mistake. I'm sorry, I'll be more careful. I'll go take it now," I assured him while getting up. He gripped my waist and helped me up like he did almost every morning. He kissed my head before letting me go downstairs. I was greeted by Matt in the kitchen who was eating a bowl of cereal.

"Morning Lay. I didn't wanna wake you so I came down here," Matt explained. "But I have to get to work soon, so I'm gonna head out." He put his bowl in the sink and put his shoes on to leave.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it," Wesley said before he left.

"No problem. If you ever need me, I'm just a phone call away."

"Bye Matt, I'll talk to you some time," I smiled and waved goodbye as he drove away. Wesley brought me a glass of water and my medicine and made me take it. I gulped the big pull down and handed the glass back to him.

"Thanks," I mumbled. I flipped the TV on but there was really nothing exciting. I ended up watching some cooking challenge show.

"Hey babe, I made you some breakfast," Wesley said while bring a tray out to the living room. He sat it on the table he scooted in front of me.

"I'm not really that hungry," I groaned.

"Just eat, it's not good for you to skip any meals," he insisted. Since when does he know anything about a pregnant woman. I decided to eat just to satisfy him. He made eggs, of course, a piece of toast, a couple slices of bacon, and some hash browns. He even brought me out some orange juice.

"You know, you're the best Wesley," I smiled. He really is. He does so much for me, and he makes me feel so special. I don't know what I would be doing without him.

"You're the best," he winked.

"No I'm not. I know these last few months haven't been easy for you with me. I've been moody and grouchy. I don't know how you put up with it. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I've been acting, and I need to realize I can't do everything by myself. So I want you to forget what I said yesterday about not helping me, because I really do need your help a lot."

"Oh Laney, there is nothing in the world you could do to make me not love you. And do you honestly think I was going to listen to you and stop helping you? I couldn't even if I tried."

We talked for awhile until he had to go work with Keaton on the new album. He actually let me stay alone. I mostly just lounged around all day. I even remembered to take my medicine without him texting me or calling me about it.

I texted him to see what he wanted for dinner, or if he wanted to go out.

Me- Hey Wes, what do you want for dinner? Do you want me to cook or go out?

Wesley- I'm actually gonna be late in the studio, so I won't be home for dinner. Sorry babe.

Well okay, I guess that's just a chance for me to fix something Wesley doesn't like and I do. I got out the noodles and tuna. I let the noodles boil for awhile until they were done. I mixed them with the tuna, peas, and cheese. I put it in the oven and sat at the table for it to be done.

When the oven beeped I got the small dish out and let it cool off. When it was cool enough I got a plate and started eating. It was so good. I hadn't had tuna noodle casserole in a long time. There was still some left so I put it in the fridge for later. It was getting late, and Wes was usually home at a reasonable time, but I started to worry. He wouldn't answer my texts either. They were probably just busy, but out of curiosity I texted Keaton.

Me- When is Wesley coming home? Are you guys almost done?

Keaton- Wes left over an hour ago? He's not home yet?

Me- No. Did he say he was going somewhere? I'm starting to worry about him.

Keaton- Not that I know of. Don't worry, everything will be okay. I'm sure he's fine.

Seconds after he texted that, Wesley texted me back. It took him long enough.

Wesley- I'm still at the studio. Be home in a bit. Love you baby.

Me- Why are you lying? Keaton said you already left.

I don't want this to turn into a fight or anything but I hate when he lies to me. I waited around for him to come home. About thirty minutes later I heard the front door open and someone stumbled in. I got up and saw him dizzily walking to the kitchen.

"What the hell Wesley? Are you drunk?"

"W-What's it to you?" He slurred. I cannot believe him right now.

"Are you stupid? You lied to me so you could go get drunk? You left your pregnant fiancé home alone for two hours while you were getting drunk? You're unbelievable."

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do with my life. Maybe if you weren't such a little bitch I wouldn't need to get away for a couple hours." That's when the tears started falling. I turned around and wiped them before letting him see.

"I'm leaving, so I hope by the time you decide you want to talk you're not a drunk dick."

"And where do you think you're going? You can't drive anywhere."

"I'll call someone. I'm not staying with you tonight." I went upstairs and got a bag of clothes before calling Keaton. He said he'd be here in a couple minutes so I waited for him downstairs.

"Laney don't do this, I'm sorry, it was stupid," he said sloppily. He started getting closer to me, and I was getting scared.

"Don't you dare touch me," I warned.

"Don't leave please," he begged. He grabbed ahold of my wrist and looked into my eyes sadly.

"You need to think about what you've done. We need a break. I can't even believe you would do this." I tried to rip my arm away from his grip but he wouldn't budge.

"You're hurting me," I cried. "Let go Wesley," I pleaded. His expression softened and he dropped my arm.

"Laney I love you babe," he whispered.

"I'm not so sure about that anymore Wesley. I'm pretty sure you don't call someone you love a bitch," I muttered. Keaton pulled into the driveway and I opened the door to leave. He didn't try to stop me either. I thought I heard him crying, but I don't care right now. He just made me feel like a piece of shit.

"What happened Laney? Are you okay?" Keaton panicked.

"He's drunk. He called me names. He hurt me. Everything's fine," I sarcastically cried.

"He did what?! Wait here," he said angrily.

"Keaton do-" before I could finish he slammed his door and stormed inside. I heard yelling and couldn't even look through the window of what was happening. The only thing I wanted to do was get away from him. Keaton came back huffing and had a scary look on his face.

"What did you do to him?" I cried.

"He deserved what he got, you just need to get away from him for the night at least." He drove me back to his and Tyler's place. Tyler wasn't home for the weekend so it was just us.

"Go back to my bed, I'll be back in a minute." I did as he said and went back to his bedroom and laid on his bed. I let my silent tears slide down my face. I don't know why he would do that. Everything was fine when he left. What if he cheated on me too? How am I supposed to deal with that? I don't think I could go back to him if he did.

I felt a warm liquid in between my legs that I didn't notice when I laid down. I was afraid to look down. I slowly shifted my head towards my legs and saw a liquid red substance. This can't be happening right now. I won't believe it.

"Keaton! Hurry!" I screamed and cried. He bursted through the door and rushed to my side. He saw the blood and his face went pale.

"Do you need pads, pills, what? I can changed the sheets it's okay," he soothed.

"Keaton pregnant girls don't get their period," I cried.

"What's going on? We need to get you to the hospital babe. Come on," he panicked. He hurriedly got me up and grabbed a towel for me to sit on so I wouldn't get blood on his seat. He sat it down and helped me into the car. He rushed to his side and jumped in the car and sped off. I was crying the whole way because I know what's coming next. They're going to tell me I lost him.

"Keaton he's gone, I just know it," I cried.

"Hey, hey, we don't know that, don't say that, wait he?" he pleaded. I forgot no one told him we were having a boy. He slammed on his breaks when we got to the emergency room. I waddled inside quickly with Keaton pushing me along.

"We need a doctor! Now!" He shouted. A nurse led me to a room where she made me put a gown on. They went through all of the procedural questions and finally a doctor came. He did an ultrasound and took some blood.

"What were you doing before this happened Ms. Lewis?"

"Well I was just laying in bed when the blood came, but before that I got into a fight with my fiancé and was leaving our house," I explained embarrassingly.

"And these charts show that last time you came to see Dr. Cooper your blood pressure was very high. Have you been taking the medicine he gave you?"

"I took it this morning and this afternoon, but I guess I forgot to take it tonight."

"Okay, I'll be right back," he said before leaving the room. Keaton popped his head through the closed curtain seconds after he left.

"Everything's going to be okay. Don't be upset, but I had to call Wesley; it's his kid too."

"I know, but Keaton, my blood pressure got too high and I was too worried about him that I forgot to take the pills tonight. I ruined my one shot at having a baby, this close to labor," I cried.

"There will be plenty of other chances Laney. You're young, Wesley is young, it'll be okay."

"I don't want to do this. This can't be happening right now," I sobbed. Just as Keaton was about to say something someone cleared their throat from behind the curtain. Keaton opened it and revealed Wesley standing there. His lip was huge and bruised. He had a small cut under his eye too.

"Keaton did you do that to him?"

"I deserved it. I was a complete and total ass, and now our baby is paying for it. I'm so sorry Laney. I didn't mean any of those things I did or said to you. I don't expect you to forgive me, but if we lose this baby, I can't lose you too," he said while wiping his tears.

"It's not okay what you did, but I forgive you. It doesn't mean I'm not upset with you though. Don't blame yourself for this, I forgot to take the medicine. Everything happens for a reason, and maybe we just weren't meant to have a baby yet. I'm sorry Wes, but I want you to leave right now." He looked at me and nodded before letting a pool of tears fall out of his eyes. He turned and walked out, and it took all of my might not to call him back.

"Ms. Lewis?" The doctor interrupted.

"If you're going to say what I think you're going to say, please get it over with quickly," I whispered, trying to hold in my tears.

"Actually, everything is fine. It was a false alarm Laney. Your baby is very healthy, and so are you."

"Wait really? Then why was I bleeding?"

"Yes, really. Sometimes if you don't take the blood pressure medicine the correct way, or if you don't take it in the exact hour, it can have side affects. One of those side affects is vaginal bleeding. You need to be extremely precise and careful when taking this medicine Ms. Lewis. If you didn't come when you did, you very well could have lost your baby."

"I will, don't worry Doctor. Thank you so much," I cried happy tears. I sat up and hugged Keaton.

"But we would like to keep you overnight so we can keep an eye on you and the baby. So we are going to move you to another room down the corridor if you don't mind."

"Okay, yeah that's fine. Keaton can you please call my parents and let them know what's going on, and make sure Wesley knows he's okay, please." Keaton left the room and started making calls. The nurses rolled me down to a different room and settled me in the bed before shoving IV's into my arm.

"I got ahold of everyone, and they're going to come tomorrow in the morning. Wesley is sort've out in the waiting room, and he said he isn't leaving until you can," Keaton blurted out when he walked in. I sighed loudly, making Keaton chuckle.

"Tell him to come in here," I muttered. Curse my kindness. I can't let him sit out there and worry about me all night. Wesley slowly walked in looking down at the ground.

"He's okay Wesley, please don't blame yourself. You need to go home," I said shakily.

"I can't go home knowing you're here and mad at me," he pleaded.

"How am I not supposed to be mad? Do you even know what you did? I can't do this right now Wesley, my blood pressure is going to rise, and I'm not letting that happen," I calmly demanded.

"I'm sorry Lane, I love you so much, and I don't even know what to say about what I did. It was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done in my entire life. I can't lose you, please just tell me everything will be okay between us and I'll leave," he begged.

"I don't want things to not be okay between us, but no woman should ever be treated like that whether the man is drunk or not, and I may not deserve a lot in life, but I know I don't deserve to be treated like that. If you insist to stay you can sleep in that chair. Just don't touch me or say anything that is going to make my blood pressure rise." He shook his head and wiped some tears before sitting down in the chair that was in my room.

"I love you Laney," he choked out.

"Please don't," I whispered.

"Just say it back if it's true."

"I love you too Wesley," I sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 437 20
****UNEDITED****Marley moved to Huntington Beach to be closer to Keaton. She is going to finish high school there. They thought that being closer wou...
193K 3.1K 29
Wes and Caroline really don't get along. He picks on her, and she really gets angry by his immature acts. But when Caroline's father takes a month lo...
16.6K 607 51
Kylie moved to Huntington to get away. She had convinced her mom and dad to let her live with her cousin Trent. He was more than welcome to take her...
13.1K 139 32
Melissa isn't your typical Cali teenager. She's artistic and very shy when it comes to meeting people. Yet she's still the fun and outgoing one in th...