Play that Song (Given x Reade...

By unfinished_writer

A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! War... More

Forewarning!!!
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 18
Character Info 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 24

1.2K 56 7
By unfinished_writer

Sad boi hours, jk...kinda, not really. Now you don't know what to expect. Enjoy!

Y/n POV:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Be- "UUUGGGHHHH!!!! Shut up! It's 7:30 am on a Saturday, I have nowhere to be!" I exclaim to my alarm clock as I hit the snooze button and fall back into my pillow, breathing a peaceful breath as I enjoy the comfort and warmth of my bed. My eyes slowly flutter shut as I try to fall asleep again.

'You have work, dumbass.'

"I HAVE WORK, DUMBASS!!!" I exclaim as I throw my duvet off me and quickly stand out of bed, ending up slipping and falling on the floor, my face planting into the hard ground. I speedily recover from injury as I push myself up with my arms and scramble to get my regular clothes on.

"Who are you calling a dumbass?" I hear my mother growl outside of my door as I start to breathe heavier, finally figuring out the situation I'm in. Turns out, I can't put on clothes quickly or else I end tangled up in them. I fall to the floor with a thump and a groan before I decide to give up whatever was left of my dignity and call out for help.

"Mom...I need help," I whimper as I lay on the floor, all four of my limbs in the incorrect hole of my hoodie and sweat pants. "I'm stuck," I say as I hear my door creak open, as a disappointed sigh comes from it.

"How the hell does that happen? Do you have both your left arm and right leg in the right arm sleeve?" She asks as I feel her tower over my sprawled-out form.

"You'd be correct, yes," I blankly respond, hoping she would soon do something about my current predicament. Hearing a few clicks coming from her hands, I yell "ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES?!!"

"Don't yell at your mother, it's rude," she says, sounding butt hurt as she continues to take pictures of me.

"UUUUGGGGHHHHH..." I groan out, my day already being ruined.

Don't groan like that, the whole world isn't set against you," she says as I feel her hands start to pull at the pants around my arms and the sleeves around my legs. "Why are you rushing to get changed so early in the morning?" she asks me as manages to carefully untangle my limbs and clothing.

"I have work and I forgot about it," I bluntly say as she finishes pulling off my clothing as I continue to lay on the floor.

"And you decided it would be a good idea to go in with no underwear on?" she says as she throws my pants and hoodie at me.

"What do you mean? I'm wearing..." I say as I look down at my body as a cool breeze comes into the room, my bare body quickly shivering at the air. My cheeks quickly heat up, making the breeze seem even colder.

'Aha... I almost went to work with no underwear on...' is all I think as my mother chuckles at me.

"That's what I thought. Now, put your clothes on properly and come out to eat breakfast," she says before walking out of my room and closing the door, leaving me embarrassed and on the floor, naked as the day I was born.

'... What would've happened if I went to work with no underwear on?' I think before I close my mind off, not wanting to consider the possibilities. 'I'll just say I would've be fired and leave it at that,' I think as I correctly put on my clothes and finish my morning routine. I leave my room yawning, still not fully awake.

"Wow, you can put on clothes properly, I never thought you had it in you," my mother says as she sits at the table, taking one more photo of me as I groan again. For someone who doesn't seem to like sarcasm, she loves to use it against me and Hiroshi.

'Wow, you started using your anti-ageing cream, I never thought you had it in you,' I chuckle to myself at the thought, fearing my mother too much to actually use it on her.

"Yes mother, you're always right. And what you said was funny, let me laugh. Ha...Ha...Ha...Ha," I robotically say as I open the fridge and grab last night's food, quickly placing it in the microwave. I rub my eyes, hoping my cold hands would somehow wake me up.

"Are you being sarcastic?" my mother growls as I press the start button on the microwave. I slightly freeze at her actions before I widely yawn, still feeling absolutely drained from sitting on my ass all day. Whenever I get tired, I no longer fear any god and will do a lot of things future Y/n will regret. This exact situation plays out in front of me as I start to speak again.

"I find it quite hypocritical for you to scold me for using sarcasm when you freely use it. We live in a democracy, not a dictatorship, stop abusing your power. One day, your subjects will rise up against you and you will tremble at our feet," I tiredly monologue as the microwave finishes heating up my food. "Mmm...yummy food," I say as I pull my hot plate out of the microwave and stare at the sizzling food, completely losing track of the conversation.

I look back up at my mother and stare her directly in her eyes, testing the gods to see if they would continue to let me live to see another day, not noticing the phone she was holding in both her hands. "Fear me," I boldly say while walking over to the table and plopping down in a seat, choosing to sit directly across from her. As I quickly shovel food into my mouth as I continue to stare into her eyes. She hardens her glare as I don't back down, putting on my own glare.

"This is f*cking good food, thank you for cooking supper yesterday as I continued to procrastinate my homework. My fatass greatly appreciates your hard work and I strive to be like you every day," I tell her as I finish my food, still staring into her terrifying eyes. I stand up and put my dishes into the dishwasher as I yawn again. Checking the clock and seeing the numbers read '7:58', I start to head back to my room. "I'm gonna see if I can get a few more minutes of shut-eye, see you in a few...Future Y/n apologizes for my actions," I tiredly say as I open my door, walk into my room and flop onto my bed, not bothering to close the door.

'You will regret that,' my brain tells me as I lay on my comfy mattress.

"Regret what?" I say, already forgetting my previous actions, my voice muffled by my pillows.

'You're an idiot,' my brains me as I start to fully wake up. I huff in frustration, not knowing why whenever I try to sleep, I can't, and when I need to stay awake, I fall asleep.

I look over to my alarm clock, checking the time. It reads '8:02' as I groan, laying my head back down on my pillow. 'I have to be there by 9, right?' I think, remembering the text Haruto had sent me on Thursday. 'I might as well start heading there now,' I think as I purposely roll myself off the bed and land hard on the floor. I tiredly stand up and walk out my bedroom door, dragging my legs with every step.

"I'm back, did you miss me?" I say as I head towards the front door. Turning my head, I can see my mother staring at her phone while she types something out.

"Are you feeling better?" she seriously asks, continuing to keep her attention on the phone in front of her.

"Why? Did I say I wasn't?" I ask confused, not recalling anything I had done before re-entering my room. Some may call it forgetfulness, but I think of it as I'm only storing 'important' information. Even though this important information may include a shitload of anime quotes, it's still important... probably.

"You mean you don't remember?" she questions me, finally removing her gaze from the device in her hands. I only shake my head in response, making her loudly sigh. "I have no idea what runs through your head in the morning, but I pity your future significant other...And I forgive you," she tiredly says as I tilt my head in confusion.

"Ooook? Thanks?" I say as I pat down my pockets, making sure I have my phone and keys. Once I'm sure I have them, I look back to my mother as she resumes to stare at her phone. I can hear quiet noises coming from it, but I can't tell if they are words or just random sounds. "I don't know when I'll be back, but I'll message you when I get home," I tell her as I open the door and walk through it, looking back before completely closing it. "Have a good day, please be safe," I genuinely tell her as I close the door, not waiting for a response. I walk over to the stairs and start my descent, finally heading to work.

'What did I say? I don't remember anything,' I think to myself as I reach the bottom of the stairs and start to walk on the sidewalk in the correct direction. 'It's probably not important if I forgot about it. It's not like I talked back to her or anything, that'd be bad,' I smile to myself, glad I could live another day.

As I begin to reach the wealthier part of the area I need to walk through, my mind goes back to Thursday night's actions, making me visibly cringe. 'I still need to properly apologize to Haruki and Kaji. I really hope Mafuyu and Uenoyama accepted my apology,' I think as I remember what I did yesterday to make it up to the boys.

~Flashback (Y/n POV)~

"The train is now approaching the station. Please keep away from the tracks. Please wait for the car doors to completely open before stepping in. Parents, please keep track of your children so they do not disturb any other passengers. Also..." the automated voice says as I watch the train come into the station.

'Please be in our regular car, please be in our regular car, please be in our regular car...' I repeat in my head as the car doors open. I step into the car and quickly look around, trying to find a familiar mop of salmon-coloured hair. My eyes quickly spot the familiar colour as I stop my search at the sight of Mafuyu. 'There he is,' I think as I slowly approach the boy, trying not to seem aggressive.

"Can I sit here?" I quietly ask, bringing his attention from his lap up to me. His eyes slightly widen as he stares at me, immediately making me feel even guiltier. After a few seconds, he barely nods his head, which I take as an invitation to sit to his right. The train starts to move, taking us to school, as I sit down.

Nothing is said between us most of the ride as I occasionally glance over at the taller boy before looking forward again, my voice stuck in my throat as guilt thrashes around in my stomach, almost making me sick.

"We will be arriving at our destination soon, please prepare to carefully get off the train," the robotic voice says over the speakers as I glance over at Mafuyu one more time.

'Just do it. Rip the bandage off, it'll hurt more if you don't say anything,' I think as I take a deep breath, thinking through what I was going to say.

"Mafuyu..." I say as I turn my body to face him, finally gaining the strength to own up to my mistakes. He looks at me but doesn't say anything as I continue to speak. "I was wrong. I'm so sorry," I say as tears caress my eyelids, my words starting to get caught in my throat. "I thought I'd lost my friend over something I had said over text earlier and took out my worries and stress out on the band. I know that's no excuse and I realize that I may have lost most of my friends in one day, but know that I didn't mean to lash out," I weakly say, a single falling down my cheek as the train starts to slow down.

"The train has arrived at the station. Please wait for the doors to fully open before stepping onto the platform," the automated voice says once again as I quickly wipe away my tear.

"Heh, I probably look like a complete loser, right?" I ask him as I stand up, a weak smile plastered on my face, while Mafuyu continues to sit in his seat, his eyes as wide as saucers. "I just want you to know that I am truly sorry for my actions. If you want to block my number and never talk to me again, you can do that; I'm surprisingly used to it," I tell him as the doors to the car open, a few other students from our school getting off before us. "Just don't be upset with me, that's all I ask," I sadly say before I jog out of the car and onto the platform, continuing to pass people as I narrowly avoid them.

'One down, one to go,' I think as I sniffle back my tears as I continue to run to school.

-------

'When is he gonna come? I'm not gonna have any time before class if he keeps this up,' I think as I sit in my seat. Continuing to stare at the doorway, I squint my eyes, hoping a familiar black-haired guitar player would soon walk through it. As if on cue, I see Uenoyama tiredly walk into the room, his eyes barely open as he drags his feet across the floor. I quickly stand out of my desk and point at him, trying to get his attention.

"Halt, Megami, I need to speak to you," I shout, making everyone look at me with utterly confused looks on their faces. Even Uenoyama opened his eyes and puzzledly stared at me as I speed walk over to him and pull him out of the classroom. Before I drag him off anywhere else, I stick my head back in the classroom and confidently say "Don't worry! I'm not gonna do anything to him...probably," before pulling Uenoyama's limp form down the hallway.

After a few seconds of walking down the partially empty halls, while Uenoyama attempted to pull away from me, I stop walking, effectively making the taller boy run into my back. Looking left and right, I notice a small janitor's closet. Walking over it, I quickly open it and drag Uenoyama into it.

'I hope no one is doing anything freaky in here,' I think as I almost close the door fully before putting a doorstop in the way, so we couldn't get locked in here. 'Yeah, I've read way too many fanfics,' I turn back to Uenoyama who stares at me utterly confused.

"You may be wondering why I decided to pull you into a closet that smells like a toilet," I say to him as I cross my arms, knowing that this apology would hurt a lot less than the one I gave to Mafuyu.

"Yeah! What the hell is this for?! What are you gonna do to me?!" he exclaims as he tries to squeeze past me in the small closet. I prevent him from doing so as I slowly move towards him, slightly closing the gap between us. Pausing after a step or two, I remain about a foot away from him, not wanting to make either of us uncomfortable...well, more uncomfortable.

"I'm not gonna do anything to you , if that's what you think. One, that's gross. Two, even if I wanted to, you would have to consent, which we both know your not gonna do, so I'd be committing an illegal act. And three, as attractive as you are, I'd prefer not to give you a kiss, 'kay?" I tell him as I take a step back away from him. I conveniently left out the part that I had never kissed anyone before, but he didn't need to know that.

"So what are you gonna do? We still have class y'know," he agitatedly asks, a hint of pink on his cheeks as I remember why I pulled him into this smelly janitor's closet.

"Oh, I came to offer you this," I say as I pull out a 1000-yen bill and hold it in front of him, expecting him to take it. " I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, I knew you weren't talking to the window," I say as I deeply bow to him, almost hitting him in the head with my own head.

"I don't need your money," he says as he pushes my hand away. I stand back up straight, almost hitting him again, as I slightly retract my hand.

"Are you sure? Another offer like this isn't gonna come along for a while," I tell him as I still hold out my money.

"Yeah...and you better not try to give me a yakisoba bread!!" he exclaims, making me laugh as I put the money back into my pocket.

"Well, I know what to give you next time," I smirkingly say, making Uenoyama roll his eyes.

"Are we done here?" he aggressively asks as I rack my brain for the question I had for him.

"Actually... what kind of music do you like? I never got to hear, heh," I sheepishly say while rubbing the back of my neck. He only stares back at me, probably not expecting that question.

"Uh...like UK rock and Japanese music," he hesitantly says as I nod my head in response. "What about you?" he asks me, probably hoping I would let him out of the closet soon. I pause for a minute and think about what I listen to.

"Kinda like...whatever, if that makes sense. Like...how do I say it, I like a lot of different types of music," I tell him in hopes he would understand. He only nods in response as I begin to realize class will start any minute now. "OH SHIT!!! WE GOTTA GET TO CLASS!!!" I shout as I quickly open the door and run out.

I jog down the hallways, trying not to run into any students or get caught by any wandering teachers. As I make it to class, I speedily walk to my desk and sit down. Checking the time, I see that it's 7:56, still leaving enough time until class started.

'I would have thought that would take more time...Oh well," I think as I wait for class to start. 'Should I message Haruto?... I guess he might want to know what happened,' I consider before pulling out my phone and opening my messaging app.

Sangwoo

Hi

I said sorry to them

I hope they forgive me, I couldn't stand only being friends with you

Iida

Ouch

That hurts

I must play my final hand

Deku

And what's that?

WTF!!!

WHY'D YOU CHANGE IT TO DEKU?!!

Iida

Cause I wanted to

And now were matching

Deku

Damn

I kinda liked Sangwoo

Iida

I hope you mean the nickname, not the character

Deku

...

No comment

Iida

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO COMMENT?!

TF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Deku

No idea

Anime obsession

No dad

The fact that I still sleep with my baby blanket

Take your pick

Iida

You still sleep with your baby blanket?

That's cute

Deku

Don't make fun of me

I also like weighted blankets

Not the point

But back to the reason I messaged you...

Do think I'll still have other friends?

Iida

Yeah

You're a good person to be around

It'd be their loss

Deku

Oh no

Don't keep saying things like that

It'll go to my head

Iida

I suppose

Your head's already huge

Deku

Ouch

You hurt me

How will I ever recover?

Iida

Lmao

I'd love to stay and talk but class is starting soon

See you tomorrow

;)

Deku

Ok

See you tomorrow

Sent+Read

I slightly chuckle as the bell rings, starting the first period. I look over to my left and am not surprised when I see Uenoyama laying on his desk.

'I don't know if he forgives me or not still... Hopefully, he does, Mafuyu as well. I think I hurt him the most,' I think as I pull out my notes on Japanese history.

~Flashback Over~

A slight ding shakes me out of my thoughts as I continue to walk to work. I pull out my phone. assuming Haruto was messaging me about being on time. Surprisingly, I see Mafuyu's name pop up, making my heart stop for a second. Shakily, I press the notification and see what he sent me.

Mafuyu

Uenoyama is taking me to buy an effect pedal

Wanna come?

Read

"What does that mean?" I think as I stop walking to text him back.

Y/n:)

Sorry

I have to work

Mafuyu

Ok

Maybe you can come next time

Read

'And ruin your date? I think not!' I think, making me laugh. 'Wait, does that mean I'm forgiven?' I think to myself before directly asking Mafuyu.

Y/n:)

Does that mean I'm forgiven?

Mafuyu

I was never really upset with you

It wasn't what you said but how you said it

It didn't seem like you

Y/n:)

Sorry

Mafuyu

That being said...

I understand

I had no intention of blocking you or anything like that

I'd prefer not to lose my friend

Read

'I don't deserve you Mafuyu,' I think as happy tears caress my eyes.

Y/n:)

Thanks

Enjoy your day out

Sent+Read

As I continue my walk, a small happy tear is shed before I wipe it away.

'Never mind, Haruto was right in calling me Deku,' I chuckle to myself as I can finally start my day on the right foot.

Hi!! I think it's crazy that Uenoyama and Megami (Jujutsu Kaisen) share the same voice actor (Japanese). I just started Sk8 the Infinity and I'm loving it, so you'll get a few references in the future, sorry not sorry.

Ok, now that I got the fun things out of the way, I'd like to say a few serious things. (I'd appreciate it if you read this, but you don't have to.) So, I know I've been given a decent-sized platform on this Wattpad account, which reaches all around the world, so I'd like to say a few things that I thought I should share. I don't know if you guys have heard of the Asian-American hate crimes that are going on, where Asians are specifically targetted because of how they look and how the rumour/belief that COVID started in China is constantly being spread around. Even though I'm Canadian and white, I thought I should say something because this is an important issue, not just in the US, but everywhere. So, I'll just say it in simple terms... Racism is bad!!! Everyone is born equal, but for some reason, society has decided that some people are better than others because of the way they look. The same applies with the LGBTQ+ community. If you believe you're better than someone because they have a different skin colour than you, I have no empathy or sympathy for you, please get off my book, the same thing applies if you are homophobic; this is literally a fanfic about a BL anime, like you should know better. I know everything happening to the Asians in America is horrendous, so my heart is with anyone who has experienced racism, I truly hope society will shift so the next generation won't have to deal with racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or any other prejudices.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with anything, I am willing to take criticism or correct my words so I'm not spewing false info. Also, please know my messages/DMs are always open if you need to talk to someone. Even though I'm not the smartest person and don't have a lot of experience in the world, I'll lend an ear if you need one.

Phew... Sorry, that was a lot of negative things, I thought I should say something.

Like usual, have a good morning/ evening/ night,

~Kyra

(4134 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 762 12
โ†ณ ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐›๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ morning as you roamed the halls of your school. Walking side by side with your best friend; ๐•น๏ฟฝ...
71.4K 669 29
I'll write so much fluff, it'll be disgusting. But depending on my mood, I might write angst and if you're lucky, some smut too. It will of course, a...
65.5K 1.5K 19
Izuku's Loved Bakugou since they were kids. Even through the bullying and things he did to him, he loved him. He didn't want to but he did. So, when...
77.2K 2.4K 29
ษชษดแด›แด‡ส€แด‡sแด›ษชษดษขโ„ข ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ A textfic in which Bakugou texts his childhood friend for the first time in years. But they're...