Two Can Play This Game

By PoetsGarden

Revenge and Vengeance were Rebecca Cohen's new motto. After her boyfriend of one year dumped her, she decides... More

Chapter 1: Cheater
Chapter 2 - Knocked Out
Chapter 3 - Bad Boy
Chapter 4 - Seriously?
Chapter 5 - The Notebook.
Chapter 6- Masked Runner.
Chapter 7 - Boy's Locker Room
Chapter 8 - Double Date.
Chapter 9 - Strip
Chapter 10 - Romeo & Juliett
Chapter 11 - Hormones
Chapter 12 - Fun Games
Chapter 13 - My Girlfriend
Chapter 14 - Partially Kidnapped
Chapter 15 - It Doesn't Count
Chapter 16 - Touchdown
Chapter 17 - Sleepover
Chapter 18 - Fighter
Chapter 19 - New Hair Cut
Chapter 20 - Damage & Comfort
Chapter 21 - Girls Day Out
Chapter 23: The Big Game
Chapter 24: Parties & First Meetings.

Chapter 22: Never Have I Ever

12.1K 371 107
By PoetsGarden

Author's Note: I think that was a faster update and I think it's gonna take just a lil bit until I get the next chapter up. So I want ya'll to vote and leave me comments. I wont update till I get atleast 30 comment? So drop me one and tell me whatcha think<3 

Chapter 22: Never Have I Ever

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and instead of hanging out on the beach with Damon; Star and I were packing my clothes for next week’s big game and the stay at the Atwood’s house. After last night Ryan didn’t bother me for most of the morning and I was very thankful because planning out a suitcase to take was hard and I really didn’t want his nosy and obnoxious self getting involved. The look we decided I’d go for is a bit of country and classy, because I knew Ryan’s parents and mine were good country folk from Nashville. So why not dress to impress? Plus his father used to love me when we were kids so I highly doubt he’s going to be disappointed in Ryan’s choice of a girlfriend.

“So his dad likes you?” Star asked as she packed my heels and cowboy boots.

I nodded and grabbed a nice dress in case they wanted to go out, “Oh yeah. I was a total country girl growing up and he loved that. He always told my dad I’d make one cowboy lucky and very happy.” It was true. Since Ryan’s dad didn’t leave until we were ten, he was a big part of both of our lives.

“Who would have known you’re a country chica?” She joked.

I laughed and continued to pack, “I know right. It was such a long time ago I’m hoping I have enough country in me to impress him so he’d lie off of Ryan.”

“Girl please we know you’d get in there and kill it. Just pray that Connie lady, doesn’t try anything or her dumbasss of a son.” Star warned before she showed me a pair of rip shorts, asking if she should pack them.

“Yeah pack those. Throw in a nice t-shirt and a pencil skirt with a ruffled top and we’ll be done. Oh and don’t forget a bikini and some sexy underwear’s and bra’s. Who knows if I’ll meet my dream cowboy there?” I joked.

Star nodded and got to packing, “But wait isn’t Long Ridge a suburb type of place?”

“Well then my undercover cowboy gentlemen.” I corrected myself.

____

About an hour later we were finally done packing and I was ready for the trip. It was probably around three in the afternoon and Star was about to leave to meet up with Joe but she promised she’ll be back later. So I let her go and went to take a nice soothing bath. Today was a lazy day especially because my mom was working overtime today and I had the whole house to myself and absolutely nothing to do. Now if I was like most teenagers I’d be throwing some wild rave at my house but because I hated the stress of throwing parties, I figured a nice bath would be fun too. Except that didn’t go as planned because midway of me just lying in my tub I got bored. Seriously it was getting really creepy being in there and starring at the bathroom tiles. I even closed the lights and lit some candles but then I quickly blew them out because I knew my clumsy self would possibly do something stupid and end up burning the house down.

So I hoped out of the bath and dressed in my Sunday bumday attire which consisted of a pair of Capri’s and a hug t-shirt, tied to my side. Grabbing my phone, I hoped to see a text from someone or even something but sadly nothing. Today was seriously becoming more boring by the minute. Guess it’s time to bother Ryan for entertainment. I looked out the window and saw his car still parked in the driveway so he was home thankfully, time to get my free entertainment. I didn’t even bother putting on a pair of shoes; I just locked the door behind me and took my phone. Aunt Quinn wasn’t home so I looked for their spare key and when I found it I let myself in.

The house was quiet. I laughed like an evil person as I made my way into their kitchen and grabbed me something to eat. Once I found a bucket of ice-cream, sour patch, and caramel syrup; I made my way to their living room and opened the T.V on full blast. Shockingly Ryan didn’t wake up and I continued to watch the new episode of SpongeBob.

___

“What the hell!! Who’s in the house? Mom is that you?”Ryan’s came down the stairs screaming with a baseball bat in hand.

“Now is that any way to greet your bestest friend in the whole world.” I smiled innocently at him before turning back to the TV.

“Rebecca what the hell are you doing in my house and why is the TV on full blast?” He put down the bat once he realized I’m probably not the killer he assumed I was. Seriously who thinks a murderer would come to your house to watch SpongeBob Square Pants?

“I’m watching SpongeBob while eating duh! And I had it on blast because I thought I’d wake you up about two hours ago. Seriously you are a heavy sleeper because I dropped over twenty things and even screamed my head off and nothing.”

“You’ve been here for two hours?” He asked as if he didn’t hear me.

“Yes. Now shush Patrick is on the screen.” I smiled lovingly at the cute pink starfish on the TV while stuffing my face with food.

“Dude you need to go home. You have TV there besides what are you five? You still watch SpongeBob?” He said mocking me.

A death glare formed on my face and I directed at Ryan, “One shut up. SpongeBob is the best show ever and now I won’t go home because my mom cancelled Nickelodeon from my addiction. Besides I’m bored and I have no one to bother and your home so hey.”

“Whatever, you might as well share some food.” Ryan crashed on the couch beside me and that was when I realized he was only in his pink Patrick Star boxers and no shirt and it caused me to burst out laughing. “What’s funny?” He asked me.

“You have Patrick Star boxers and you have the nerve to make fun of me for watching the show. Ha!” It made me only laugh harder when I saw the look of complete horror on his face before he bolted up the stairs probably to change.

I resumed back to my show and when it ended I turned off the television and went up the stairs. Opening the door to Ryan’s room, I saw him passed out on his bed with a pair of basketball shorts instead of the Patrick boxers. He had to be awake for me not to be bored so I jumped on top of him and began pounding on his back, completely ignoring his cries of pain. After I felt like he had enough abuse I hopped off of his back and was on my way out until Ryan grabbed me and threw me on his bed. He quickly was on top of me and holding my hands above my head with a murderous look on his face.

“Do you really wanna piss me off anymore? Don’t you think you’ve done enough?” He hissed.

I kept a cool face on and replied, “I have no clue what you’re talking about Ryan.”

“Really?”

“Yup. Really.”

His eyes narrowed and he said, “First you apparently tell my mother that I begged you to come with me on the trip to my dad’s house and then somehow convince them to let you come stay with me there as if I couldn’t stay a week at my dad’s without having a babysitter who felt bad for me to tag along. And then you go and wake me up from my sleeping in day and don’t forget beating the shit out of me to wake me up and nearly killing me from the heart attack you gave me when you started abusing me.”

“First of all you little drama queen, I did not say you begged me to come with you. I didn’t know what to say when your mom asked if I was staying with you so I just said yeah. And right after I came up with an idea that would help your dumb ass. I figured if I came along your dad and stepmom are gonna eat their words and I’d show them you’re not that bad of a guy because I’d make you look good and make your dad proud because of how much he liked me as a kid. But then I guess that’s my way of pity to you. I didn’t want to help you get revenge; I wanted to come along just so I can look at you in pity and make you feel like crap. Right Ryan? And second of all I was joking when I jumped on your back; I didn’t even think you’d take it seriously but then again I thought you’d be happy about the plan instead of nearly killing me and I thought wrong.” I snarled right back at him before pushing him off of me and leaving the house. I made sure I slammed the door hard behind me so he’d know what a bitch he was to me.

See that’s what I get for attempting to help Ryan Atwood. We’re not helpful toward each other and I just was stupid to want to help him get back at his step mom and confused dad. Walking into my house, I slammed the front door and sat on the couch furious. I was furious that he’d think I pity him and that’s why I was helping him. My blood was boiling and I was ready to punch something so I got up and walked out the door ready to give Ryan a piece of my fists but instead of being greeted with an empty lawn, there was Ryan making his way to my front porch.

“Rebecca I’m so-“ I didn’t even let him finish his sentence, I threw a flower pot at him but he ducked it, “Woman calm down! I came to apologize and you’re gonna throw a pot at me”

“I’d love to hit you with my car not just a pot but the pot was closer.” I replied fuming with anger.

“Hey I’m seriously sorry for assuming you were coming as a pity trip. I should have spoken to you calmly.” He began again but this time I was faster and aimed my show directly at his forehead. A smile made its way onto my face when I saw my sneaker make contact with his head, knocking him off of his feet.

He pulled himself up, holding his forehead and screamed, “Rebecca!! Owww!”

“I’m satisfied now; you may come in and apologize.” I said at the same time I opened the door and went inside with him behind me.

Walking into the kitchen, I grabbed a pack of frozen peas and made my way back to the living room. I threw the pack on to Ryan’s lap and laid down on the opposite couch, smiling to myself every time I heard him groan in pain.

“Do you enjoy my pain?” He asked.

“Yes.”

He sighed before saying, “Well you’re plain cruel but I’m sorry for snapping at you like that. Even though I want to hit you back with my sneakers so bad, I know I might cause you concussion and I don’t want your mom to arrest me besides I kind of deserved it.”

“You deserved a foot up your ass and another done that big mouth of yours.” I replied coldly even though I was over the argument we had. I didn’t really like holding grudges unless someone deserved it and I’m sure he was just angry and I’d react the same exact way if I was him.

“Aww you’re so sweet. I love you too Rebecca.” He sarcastically replied.

Rolling my eyes at his stupidity, I got off the couch and made my way over to him but he flinched back as If I’d throw him with a piano, “I have nothing in my hands you idiot. I won’t’ hit you. Well not again.” I smiled innocently as I sat beside him.

“You scare me.” He admitted.

“That’s amazing.”

I laughed at him. He was the one who’s over six feet tall was with arms the size of both Star and I’s heads put together so why he was scared of me was beyond me. Then again I was over exaggerating, he didn’t have arms that huge but he did have arms bigger than mine so they were gigantic to me; still the fact that he feared me, made me feel powerful.

__

It was around six in the day and Ryan and I were passed out in my living room each one of us occupying a couch, after I gave him some pain killers for the hit we both realized we were tired so we crashed. My sleep was interrupted when I heard people screaming. I groaned as I forced my eyelids to open and saw none other than Damon, Star and Joe smiling down at me a little bit creepy.

“Why did you guys come into the house screaming?” I whined.

Joe went over to Ryan’s sleeping body, which now was on the floor, and slightly kicked him awake. He let out a grunting noise before slowly opening his eyes, “The fuck?”

“Didn’t I tell you I’d be coming back later on the day? Besides it’s like six p.m why the hell are you both still sleeping as if it’s ten in the morning. We all wanted to hang out so we came over.” Star reminded me.

I ignored them and shoved my head into the pillow and screaming for them to go away, but I felt a pair of arms pull me off the couch. Damon. He placed me in a sitting position, “Come on wake up sweet cheeks. It’s time to hang out with your friends.” He said with a smile on his face. Well I guess someone had a good time at the beach.

Ignoring him as well, I got up and stood above Ryan, “Ryan do you want to hang out with our friends?” I asked.

“No.”

“Well there you have it. We both want to sleep so goodnight.” I said as I dropped onto the floor beside Ryan and felt myself drift.

Joe chuckled before threatening Ryan, “Wake up man. We’re all bored and if you don’t I’ll kick you so hard in the junk you won’t be making any babies.”

As if on cue, I felt Ryan’s wrap around me and pull me against his body, “You won’t hit me as long as Rebecca is blocking me.” Ryan replied.

I didn’t care if I was in his arms or Satan’s all I wanted to do was sleep. So I cuddled closer to him and went back to sleeping. Ryan’s grip got a bit tighter as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck and then it went back to normal. I was fine and ready to go back to sleep until I hear the snap of a camera. That got me to open my eyes and stare at Star who was holding her phone out and smiling innocently at me.

“Star can you delete that picture?” I asked nicely.

She shook her head and rubbed her chin as if debating whether to say yes or no, “Naa I think I’d like to keep it. I was planning on facebook-ing it and putting the caption as the lovebird sleeping on the floor and ignoring us.”

“Star so god helps me; delete it or I will attack you.” I threatened her.

Star laughed before looking at Joe and saying, “I’m thinking I’ll upload it right now.”

She wasn’t ready for me to jump her so I gave it another twenty seconds before bolting out of Ryan’s arms and jumping on top of Star. We wrestled on the couch and half of it was both of us laughing at the way we fought. I finally managed to get her phone and she called for Joe to get it but I shoved it into my bra and smirked at him before pushing Star off of me and running behind Ryan who was now standing with a look of amusement on his face. Star pulled herself off the couch and ran my way but we kept circling Ryan in an attempt to run away from each other. Then I felt someone pull me away and I saw Joe pulling Star as we both struggled against the guys.

“Let me go!” We both yelled in harmony.

“Are you guys going to make up?” asked Damon.

We both laughed before rolling our eyes at the guys. We stopped struggling and they let go of us. I smiled at Star and tackled her in a hug, “I wuv you.” I said.

She laughed from under me, “I wuv you too baby.”

“Well this is shockingly attractive.” Ryan exclaimed while Joe nodded.

Star and I both threw them a what-the-hell look before getting off of each other and straightening ourselves, “Let’s play a game.” I said. Since they weren’t going to let me sleep, why not play a game.

“What game?” The guys asked.

Star clapped her hands in excitement as she ran into the kitchen and came back with a couple plastic cups and a bottle of coke, “Let’s play never have I ever but because you’re mom might come home we’ll play it with coke instead of actually drinking.” She was practically jumping up and down in excitement.

“Let’s play!” We all agreed.

__

We were already done with two bottles of coke and on our third when all of us refilled our drinks and Ryan took his turn, “Never have I ever licked a person from head to toe.” The game was getting slowly dirtier and we were all having fun to say anything. Ryan and Joe took a sip of their coke.

Star stood there blushing while Damon and I looked at each other, “Does that count?” I whispered.

He shrugged as if unsure, “I guess it does.”

We both looked at each other before tilting the cups and taking a drink each. When we put our cups down, Star, Ryan and Joe were looking at us, “Did you guys?” Ryan asked as his smirk grew bigger.

“Yes we did. Now can we move on to the next?” I replied not wanting to stay on the subject. It was embarrassing.

Star gasped and said, “Damon aren’t you gay? Or did you reject me just to be with Rebecca?”

“Wait you asked Damon out?” Joe asked.

She dismissed him with her hands before turning back to us, “Explain now.”

“Yes I’m gay Star. It’s just Rebecca and I wanted to know where our pleasure points were so we kinda did what Ryan said and found out that way. It didn’t mean anything sexual but more experimental.” Damon explained to Star.

My face was burning with embarrassment and what Damon just said made Ryan burst out laughing, “Well damn, you’re a bad bad girl Rebecca.”

“Oh well then why didn’t you guys tell me about that. I would have loved to find out too.” Star said.

Joe nearly choked on his breath alone, “Babe your boyfriend is right here.” He explained.

“Because sweetie you still liked me back then and I didn’t want you to think of it as anything more. You know I love you and would lick you from head to toe any day.”Damon smiled at Star.

She leaned over and gave him a hug, “Okay now you two are forgiven.”

“I will never understand you three’s friendship.” Joe said but in a teasing voice.

I filled my cup and said, “Come on my turn. Hmm.. Never have I ever danced for money.” I watched as Ryan, Joe, Damon and lastly Star take drink of their coke.

I looked at Star, “When did you-“ and then I remembered that one time back in freshmen year when we did it as a joke and got actual money, “I gotta take a drink now too.”

“Never have I ever had I fooled around with more than one person.” Damon said and he quickly took a sip.

Ryan took a sip and so did I. Michael wanted a threesome and I convinced him that I wanted a guy. He didn’t care and I chose Damon for the guy, because at that time Michael was new and didn’t know Damon was gay. So after that I didn’t do anything else like it. What I drunk to caused Ryan to look at me with a glint of amusement in his blue eyes, “Wow you get freakier by the second Cohen. I had no clue.”

“Never have I ever been handcuffed.” Star said, completely ignoring Ryan’s teasing.

That was something I actually didn’t do. I sat there and watched every single person in the circle take a drink and I eyed Star and Joe, only making them blush under my gaze.

Joe finally broke eye contact with me and continued the game, “Never have I ever felt like I wanted to kill someone.” I watched as every single person took a sip of their drink but Joe.

I looked at Ryan directly as I drunk my coke, “Mine is personally in the room.” I smiled sweetly at Ryan.

“Dude there is no way you haven’t wanted to kill someone.” Damon told Joe.

Joe shrugged, “I’m a calm person I guess. I’ll get mad and shit but not want to kill someone. All of you are some crazy people.”

Star rolled her eyes at her boyfriend in a teasing manner before she said, “Never have I ever disrespected someone older than me. I know it’s lame but whatever.”

Every single one of us took a drink, even Joe, but Star stood there proud that she never disrespected someone, “You’ve disrespected someone older than you Star.” I said.

“No I haven’t.” She retorted.

Until I smirked and said, “You’ve disrespected me and I’m older than you.”

“That doesn’t count loser because even though you’re eighteen and could graduate this year, you started school late so you’re basically my age which wouldn’t be considered disrespecting someone older than me. Ha!” She laughed in my face.

“Nice save. Real nice save Star.” I replied, she did get my there.

We did about another round before my stomach nearly exploded from all the fluids it took. So I ran upstairs to the bathroom and after twenty minutes of using the bathroom, I went back downstairs and everyone was on the couches about to watch a movie. Star and Joe were cuddling on the loveseat with a blanket and Damon was on his phone texting away lying down on the floor. Ryan was on the end side of the huge leather couch we owned. So I grabbed a blanket and went to sit on the other side, I lay down on the couch and stretched my legs into Ryan’s lap.

“Becca your feet.” He whispered.

I shrugged as if I couldn’t hear him and went back to watch the movie. Not even a minute later he lifted my legs up and got off the couch. Well someone was a little melodramatic. I thought. But instead of sitting on the floor he came toward me, picked me up and laid down placing me in his lap. He wrapped his hands around my stomach and I didn’t care that I laid my head on his chest as I watched the movie with everyone. I was too lazy to move and if Ryan wanted to be all touchy feely with me, today would be the only exception because laziness was seriously taking over me. Maybe I should get into some athletics to help me be more active. HA! Who am I kidding? Exercise and me are not on talking terms, let alone best buds.

__

Around ten at night the movie was done and everyone was leaving to go home, and once I shut the door after Ryan I slowly dragged my feet upstairs. Finally making my way to my room, I grabbed my laptop quickly and sat on my desk to check my facebook and such. I saw that I had two messages from Jake Lockwood. Oh ya, I was excited that he contacted me first.

Jake Lockwood: Oh shit. Rebecca I’m so sorry. My friends got a hold of my phone and sent you that link, I swear it wasn’t me. I would never disrespect or send you anything like that. I’m begging you please, if you haven’t clicked the link than just don’t and if you already have I’m seriously sorry for my friends stupidity and hope that you’ll hate me.

What could he possibly be talking about? I scrolled down and saw the first message. It was a link of something and honestly curiosity got a hold of me and I forced myself to click on it. Another window opened and at first it was just a video of a girl dancing on a pole and then it went from a girl dancing to her on her knees and unbuttoning her customers pants. My eyes widened in shock, holy crap Jake’s friends sent me a link to a porn video. When I snapped out of my mental debate, I tried to lower the volume and shut the tab but my laptop decided to lag at this moment. The girl’s moans got louder and I nearly broke my laptop.

“Damn Becca I never knew you were this kind of freak.” Ryan’s voice startled me.

I could have sworn I jumped up a foot in the air as I clutched my heart, “Why the hell are you in my room?”

“I just forgot my jacket and when I heard moans coming from your room I wanted to know what the hell was going on. My last thought would have been you watching porn though.” He was smirking at me and starring me down as I moved shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

“I wasn’t watching porn! It was sent to me and I clicked on it having absolutely no clue what I would see.” I turned my vision back to my laptop and let me say, that girl was in a position that I needed to tilt my head to see and almost caused myself to vomit.

“How can she bend in that way?” I said quietly, slightly envious at her moves but greatly disgusted by the whole matter. My mouse finally started working again so I managed to shut the page and my entire laptop.

“It’s actually very easy, I can show you how.” Ryan whispered into my ear.

That was it, I was offically going to vomit from disgust. Clutching onto my stomach, I took a drink of water before saying, “No Ryan. I really prefer you don’t. Now go home and stop sneaking into my house.

“I’m bored at home. Our mom’s aren’t home yet and unless you want me to post the photo of you watching porn, you should be nice.” He showed me his phone screen and there was the picture.

“You’re so annoying. I really hope one day when your sneaking into some girl’s house you’d fall and break your foot.” I said venomously at him as I went and laid down on my bed.

Ryan laughed and jumped onto my bed beside me, “I swear you’re just as annoying. Now shush while I set up some fucking dates before I have to go to stay at my dad’s house with Satan’s daughter for a week.”

“That’s awesome. Spread little Ryan’s everywhere before you go to the one who created the original douche bag. Go do it in the living room if you’re going to be staying here until our mothers come home.” I turned my back on him and hugged my blanket as I thought of random things.

He got under my covers as well and said, “Nope. I’ll be bored alone downstairs. Why be alone in the living room when I can be in my so called girlfriends’ room calling other chicks to fuck.”

“Aren’t you such a sweetheart? Romeo ain’t got a thing on you.” I muttered sarcastically before going back to my thoughts.

Ryan laughed before I completely blocked him out by plugging on my headphones and listened to some music. I let the music take my thoughts to other places mostly Michael. I felt my heart give a tug before it relaxed. Part of me missed him and his late night talks while the other part of me was telling me to suck it up and move on. Maybe I should text him? Or give him a call just to see how he’s doing? NO! You’re stronger than that, it’s been months. A couple more and he’ll be nothing more than a scar that’s completely stitched up. All you have to do is survive Ryan a little bit longer and then he’s gone and you’re good. My conscious yelled at me.

 I officially was going crazy if my own conscious was yelling at me. So I took off my headphones for a second only to hear Ryan say, “Just imagine my teeth pulling those off and my tongue replacing my fingers.” I quickly put my headphones back on and gave him a disgusted look. Was he really having phone sex while I was just sleeping there? This boy has no morals. He ignored me and went back to his conversation as I went into the bathroom and shut the door after me. I sat down on the floor and figured why not inbox Jake.

Rebecca Cohen: “Hey.”

Jake Lockwood: Rebecca do you hate me?”

Rebecca Cohen: “No I wouldn’t hate you. I completely understand that your friends sent it to me. It was an interesting video lol.”

Jake Lockwood: “Oh god this is so embarassing.”

Rebecca Cohen: “Haha no it’s fine I swear. I’ll forget it if that makes you more comfortable talking to me.”

Jake Lockwood: “Thanks for not blocking me and thinking what a complete creep lol, but how are you? How’s everything?”

Rebecca Cohen: “I couldn’t block your cute face off my facebook lol but I’m good and everything’s same, packing for the last game of the year. Hbu?”

Jake Lockwood: “Haha look at you with your game, you always calling guys cute or am I just special? And same here, good.”

I couldn’t help but laugh before I replied. Rebecca Cohen: “Maybe just you.”

Jake Lockwood: “Well I think you’re adorable as hell and just saying, you got one hell of a body and dance moves.”

Rebecca Cohen: “Look at you spitting game lol but maybe sometime you’ll get a chance to be near my amazing dance moves again.”

Jake Lockwood: “Oh really?”

Rebecca Cohen: “Really. We should hangout soon.”

Jake Lockwood: “Sounds good, just hit me up whenever you’re going to be free and we’ll set up a time and date.”

Rebecca Cohen: “Gotcha. I’ll talk to you soon, Night and Sweet dreams creep ;)”

Jake Lockwood: “Ha ha you’re so funny Rebecca, I am not a creep and if I am, I’m a cute creep according to you. Goodnight gorgeous.”

I shut my phone and got up off the floor grinning like an idiot. Walking out of my bathroom, I was nearly skipping my way over to my bed which Ryan was still occupying. He gave me a weird look and I just continued to smile as I plugged my phone into the charger and collapsed onto the bed. I couldn’t help the happy sigh that escaped my throat and I didn’t care. When I opened my eyes I saw Ryan still starring down at me because he was sitting against my headboard. I only managed to smile back which caused Ryan look of confusion to deepen. His attention went back to his phone when I heard a girl screaming in pleasure, well I hope its pleasure and not a murder scene that Ryan was just listening too. The smirk on his face let me know it was out of pleasure; he bid the girl good night before hanging up and starring back at me.

“What got you smiling like the joker Cohen?” He asked.

I let out a happy sigh and said, “Nothing. I’m just in a good mood.”

“In a good mood? How come I don’t believe you?” He continued to stare.

I shrugged and said, “Not my problem if you don’t believe me.”

“So you’re so happy that you wouldn’t mind this.” He asked as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pulling my back against his chest.

I thought of Jake and imagined his arms around me, “Nope not one bit.” I kept imagining Ryan’s arms were Jakes and it only made me happier. “It’s perfect.” I whispered. It was perfect. Jakes arms around me holding me close to him.

Ryan looked a little taken back when I looked up at him, “Did you smoke something?” He asked.

I shook my head and said, “Nope.” My thoughts went back to Jake and I suddenly got out of Ryan’s arms only to crawl into his chest and wrap my hands around his waist, letting my head rest in between his shoulder and neck. He wasn’t a bad imaginary Jake, “Better.” I mumbled as I felt even happier.

Would Jake hold me like this? Of course he would. He’d hold me all night and crack jokes with me instead of calling some girl for phone sex. I think I was becoming infatuated with Jake more and more as I imagined Ryan as him.

“Are you sure your okay Rebecca?” He asked again.

I nodded and snuggled closer to him, “I’m perfectly fine Jake.” And that the moment I wished I hadn’t spoken because it shattered everything. I realized Ryan wasn’t Jake and Ryan realized what was wrong.

“Is that what got you so happy?” Ryan pushed me off of him and stood up.

I shrugged, “Yes. He makes me happy and it’s not my fault I had to use you as a substitute for his body that I can’t get until we break up.” I made parentheses with my fingers indicating the words break and up.

“You’re such a- a – a user.” He finally blurted out.

I laughed at him and said, “Oh really I’m the user. You’re the one who called a girl for fucking phone sex! All I did was hug you, now look who’s the real user.”

“Because you were ignoring me and I was bored. What do you expect me to do?” He yelled back.

I shook my head in confusion at the whole situation and said, “Why are we even arguing like a couple? You can call whomever you want and I could do the same. I think you’re blowing it out of proportion, now come back in bed and help me sleep.”

“Because you’re a user and no I will not come back to bed. I’m going to the couch.” He grabbed the pillow and blanket and walked out my bedroom door.

I sighed and waited five minutes but when he didn’t show I went downstairs and saw him. He was on the couch attempting to get comfortable and when he finally did, I walked over to the couch and tried speaking but he turned his back on me.

“Ryan, seriously?” I screamed, annoyed.

He only pulled the blanket higher ignoring me so I pulled it off of him and sat on him. He moved around but I gripped his arms and put them above his head, “Will you listen to me!” I yelled again.

Ryan rolled his eyes and turned his head, “Wow you’re such a child.” I exclaimed as I let go of his hands and gripped his chin, forcing him to look my way.

“What do you want Rebecca?” He hissed.

I narrowed my eyes and said, “I want you to stop being a little drama queen.”

“What if I like being a drama queen? Maybe I want to be one, what’s wrong with that?” He replied stupidly.

I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and let go of his chin, “What the hell made you flip out like that?”

“The fact that you talk to that little Northwood bitch is what made me flip out like that. Do you understand how much shit I’d get if he decided to tell his boys that Ryan Atwood’s girlfriend was throwing herself at him. I’d never hear the end of that.” He said in a deadly tone that slightly scared me.

Maybe it wasn’t fair that I’d make him get a lot of shit just because I couldn’t wait a couple more months before going out with Jake, “I’m sorry I’ll stop talking to him. I’ll apologize and say that it was one of my friends talking or I’ll completely ignore him.” I said much to my dislike.

“You don’t have to stop talking to him in general just not flirting or anything sexual.” Ryan explained.

I let out a deep breath before nodding and agreeing, “Fine, but if you ever flip out on me like that again you will be sleeping on the porch outside.”

“The couch is already horrible. I dont want wood floors.” He whined but I already felt the tension between us gone.

Rolling my eyes at him, I got off the couch and was going to go to my room until Ryan tugged on my arm making me fall onto him, “Ryan I have to go to sleep too.”

“Yeah, but you can sleep with me, I’ll help you sleep and I wouldn’t have to be all alone here.” He said.

“Fine.”

Getting on top of him, I laid my head on his chest and felt his arms go around my body, “This is like the millionth time today we’ve been in type of position.” He whispered.

I chuckled quietly and said, “Let’s not make a habit of it and I think we’re both just really tired today. We have no clue what’s going on.”He chuckled and I felt his chest rumble from underneath me.

“Yeah that’s exactly what it is. We’re too tired to function.” Ryan replied.

“Yeah.” I whispered back before closing my eyes and trying to sleep.

A couple minutes later and I was still awake so I opened my eyes and tilted my head slightly to look at Ryan’s face, “Ryan..”

“Hmm..” He said incoherently

“I can’t sleep.”

His eyes were still shut when I felt his hand begin to rub circles on my back, “Try.” He replied and continued to rub my back.

It felt good and my eyes began feeling heavy. Ryan continued to rub circles on my back and I could have sworn I felt him run his fingers through my hair a couple times before I completely blacked out. Well today was an interesting day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 3K 20
Leah had the perfect life, she just gave her virginity to her boyfriend, Jacob Cooper, the hot shot of the school, her parents are madly in love, she...
24.4K 1.2K 24
(Book 5 in Morris series) Aspiring to be like his grandfather Nathan, Cohen has the dream to be an baseball player. Mr. baseball as his best friend A...
136 1 31
Cazey. Goody Goody. Doesn't take people's crap. Loves herself. Has two best friends. Opal and Jen. Ian. Bad boy. Player. Sleeps around. Has three be...
2.7K 68 12
" your not my mom and you don't own me so just stay out of my fucking life " he yelled at me before storming off. **********************************...