Pitiful I Know

By DarknessAndLight

Edited version of "I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know" More

What is this?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 Part 1

Chapter 20

7.1K 419 180
By DarknessAndLight

I was still sitting in my camping chair, stunned, when Alex came back, with two hot dogs for me.

All I could think about was what the hell is wrong with Blake? Because there had to be something wrong, right? Why the hell would he have such sad eyes for no reason?

Maybe he was just trying to make me feel bad. Yeah made a lot more sense than him actually being sad about anything. He had the popular golden boy life.

"There you go Kitty," Alex said, handing the food to me, snapping me out of my thinking.

I thanked him absentmindedly, still trying to figure out why the hell would Blake act like that.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked me, sitting back in his chair.

"Huh?"

"You have something on your mind."

"Yeah, well, I think I might have said something wrong. Does Blake get offended easily?" I asked frowning.

"What do you mean?" he asked, before taking a big bite from his hamburger.

"I don't know. I think I said something mean and now Blake's mad at me," I trailed, staring at my food.

"And that's a problem because?"

"I don't like having people mad at me, you know that," I whined and took a bite of my hot dog. Having someone mad at me made me anxious.

"You've kind of been looking for it, you know. Half of the time you speak with him, you insult him. That was bound to bite you back at some point," Alex chuckled.

"Hey!" I squealed, mouth full. I finished chewing and then talked. "It's not like he's a gentlemen either. He turns everything into sexual innuendos and he's always using freaking pick up lines," I defended myself. How was I supposed to act around him? Bow and say yes sir that crude comment you just said is a legitimate way to start a conversation?

"Yeah, but he's not telling you you're an ass every two seconds," Alex replied, clearly defending Blake.

"Whose side are you on, young man?" I exclaimed, turning to look at him fully.

"Fine, be like that," Alex laughed, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"I hate you," I mumbled and laid back in my chair

"No, you love me because you know I'm right," Alex said with a half smile.

"No, no, I'm pretty sure I hate you," I pouted.

Alex just laughed and ruffled my hair, but I slapped his hand away.

"Aw, don't get mad at me Kitty. I still love you even though you're a meanie. That should count for something," he chuckled.

I raised my head, looking at the still blue sky, breathing in and out slowly.

The truth was, I wasn't mad at Alex. I was more like mad with myself. What the hell had I done wrong again?

I ate the rest of my food in silence, listening to everyone conversation around me, but not really listening at the same time.

When I was finished, I looked around, trying to find Blake, so I could go see him to understand what the hell was wrong with him I guess, or at least try to apologize.

"Do you know where Blake went?" I asked Alex, interrupting his conversation with Connor about how hot their asses looked in their spandex football pants.

"Sorry Kitty, I don't."

"I think I saw him walk to the deck a little while ago," Connor told me.

"Thanks!"

I got up from my seat, taking my M&M's with me, as a peace offering, and made my way through the trail, towards the Creek.

But then when I could see the deck, instead of finding Blake alone, I saw Catherine, sitting there with him.

For some reason, my pace slowed and I watched intently the scene in front of my eyes.

Catherine leaned her head on Blake shoulders, and then Blake wrapped an arm around her waist, his head resting over hers, and my eyes were bulging.

What the hell?

What was that supposed to mean?

I caught a part of their conversation.

"Easy for you to say," Blake mumbled.

"I meant it. The truth is bound to come out at some point," Catherine answered.

"That's what scares me," Blake said.

Oh god, oh dear mother of god...

Was Catherine cheating on Mark with Blake? Oh my god, that would be perfect, just freaking perfect, and by perfect I meant a fracking disaster.

I couldn't believe she would do something like that to Mark! They were so perfect for each other! What was she thinking?

The truth is bound to come out? That was mad suspicious.

Fraaaaack. I had not wanted to catch any of that.

And just the way they were standing.

Hadn't Catherine been all Blake's a good guy, there's a nice side to him earlier

Because they had a thing?

"Hey Lexi," Catherine suddenly exclaimed while her head turned towards where I was.

Damn it! I'm spotted!

Weird thing, they didn't split apart like I would have guess they would.

"Hey guys, I didn't mean to interrupt or anything. Not that I'm saying that there's something to interrupt, I'm just saying you know, if... yeah rambling. I'm going to shut up now," I said and turned around heading for anywhere far away from here.

But before I could walk away, I saw Mark coming from the trail.

Oh crap... oh crap crap crap!

"There you are," he said, and then I turned my head back, to look at Catherine and Blake, expecting them to finally separate because they got caught, but instead Catherine pinched Blake's cheek, and he ruffled her hair, before she got on her feet.

Okay. I was extremely confused now.

"Stop trying to take advantage of my girlfriend Eaton," Mark said laughing.

"It's not taking advantage if she willingly comes to me," Blake trailed, smirking a little.

Okay, this situation was just getting more and more confusing.

"Is this true Cath?" Mark asked, smiling.

"Well, Blake's hot you know," Catherine said, waving the matter with her hand and then laughed, Mark joining her.

Okay, seriously, what's going on here?

"Hey Cath! Remember what I said, I'm not kidding about your face," Blake warned, when Mark and she started to walk back in the trail.

"Don't worry you adorably disturbing idiot," she said rolling her eyes and then left with Mark, leaving an extremely bemused Lexi standing by the deck.

"You know, confusion suits you well Pumpkin," Blake snorted.

I stared at him, frowning and then walked towards him.

"Okay, I'm like really really lost here. Care to explain what I just saw?"

"And why would I do that?" Blake asked me, as I sat beside him, my feet dangling off the deck and in the water.

"I brought M&M's?" I said, offering him the bag.

Blake rolled his eyes, but still took and handful of candy.

"If you insist, our families are pretty close. Catherine's dad owns the art gallery downtown, so her father and mine are friends. So are our mothers, oh and I'm friends with her half-brother Josh. That wasn't me hitting on my mate's little sister, so don't get you panties in a notch Pumpkin, plus a bro would never hit on another bro's girlfriend," Blake explained, while eating my M&M's.

Hmm. That actually made sense.

Wow, I did jump to conclusions pretty fast, didn't I?

"Didn't think you had enough morals to follow the bro code," I said and then regret it a little, because I hadn't come here to insult him more, but to apologize and that didn't really help my cause.

But it was just too easy to give snotty replies with Blake. It was actually kind of fun, honestly. Arguing with Blake, it took my mind off of... well everything really.

"Did you have a legitimate reason to come here, or were you just planning on annoying me?" Blake asked, rolling his eyes at me.

"Oh so now I annoy you?"

"Yes, actually, you're getting into one of those stalking not-even-girlfriend girls that attack my inbox. I know I'm delicious and all, but I expected more from you Pumpkin," Blake said smirking.

Well that was more like the normal Blake!

"To be honest, I came here to apologize," I told him, resisting the urge to bite back with another insult.

"And why would you apologize Pumpkin?" Blake asked and then leaned his head back, throwing a handful of M&M's in his mouth.

"I don't know. It looked like I hurt your feelings back there."

"Aw, but don't you know that Pumpkin, I don't have feelings, remember? I'm basically a penis on two legs, searching for his next victim."

"Please, let's not speak about your penis, I'm trying to be nice here!"

"And what, talking about it, is just turning you on so much? Admit it you picture me naked all the time!" Blake said and wiggled his eyebrows, smirking.

"Idiot," I said and punched his shoulder, earning myself a laugh from him.

"Anyway, thanks for the apology I guess," Blake said frowning and smiling a little at the same time.

"You better be thankful, because trust me, you won't get a lot of those," I informed him.

"Oh, I feel really privileged," Blake said, nodding, but smirking.

"Good!"

"Oh and... that's for calling me a pig," Blake said and then grabbed me around the waist and threw us both into the water.

_____________

Hello hello! This was a smaller chapter. I hope you still enjoyed it. I've always loved this chapter because to me it was one of these moments where Blake and Lexi really started to connect. And it was one of the first times Lexi was trying to understand Blake.

If you have any questions about this chapter or in general that you'd want me to answer, you can leave it here.

Otherwise, the live reading of this chapter will be on Sunday February 28th at 9AM EST on my instagram page at instagram.com/kaygiard

I hope to see you there! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 293K 100
"I'm in love with you." How many times would I have to think about this, how many times, before she could hear it, feel it, see it in my eyes? "I'm i...
7.6K 308 14
"I hate myself for letting myself fall for such an asshole."
883K 47.8K 11
The Shy Boy and the Girl in the Green Dress A 'I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know' alternate universe story. What would have hap...
1.4K 31 15
This story contains selfharm and bullying brase yourself. (Also sorry if there are spelling mistakes)