SINNER - Klaus Mikaelson

By karlithomasss

Adeline Andrew's was living a normal life in Mystic Falls, until the most feared vampire in the world showed... More

INTRODUCTION
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FOURTY ONE
THE END
N E X T S T O R Y?
Sincerely, Yours.

ONE

96.5K 1.5K 2K
By karlithomasss

  The town of Mystic Falls had always been quiet, that was the only way Adeline Andrews knew the town to be, but recently that changed. She found out a few weeks ago that her best friend Elena's boyfriend, the one they thought was new to town was in fact not new, he was returning to the place he called home over 80 years ago. Stefan Salvatore was many things, friend, brother, boyfriend but most importantly, vampire.

It felt like life as she knew it had been flipped upside down and nothing was the same. She was dealing with her new reality, trying her best to cope and pick up the pieces of what seemed like a scattered life. Caroline Forbes, one of her best friends was a newly transitioned vampire; Bonnie Bennett, one of her most trusted friends was a witch and Elena was being hunted by an evil Original Vampire. The group of friends were still trying to piece together the parts about what he wanted with her, but they were simply waiting, like sitting ducks. They knew eventually he would show his face, he would come for her.

Klaus

It was a name she had been hearing over and over for the past week. Where is Klaus? How do we stop Klaus? Can Klaus be killed? The last question was answered when Damon daggered Elijah, and he was presumed dead, but then showed up to town alive and well. The originals were indestructible and judging by the rumors swirling around about Klaus, they were ruthless and pure evil.

Adeline pulled herself out of bed, preparing herself for another day of supernatural plotting and scheming. She ran a brush through her hair, pulling out every tangle that plagued through her long blonde locks. Her skin was a beautiful olive tone, no matter what time of year it was Adeline always appeared somewhat tan. That was something she got from her Mother. There was a lot of Adeline got from her mother, people around town always reminded her how she was the spitting image of the beautiful and universally liked Jessica Andrews.

Before walking out of her room, Adeline clutched the photo frame on the edge of her nightstand in her hand, running her fingers along the image. It had been two years since her mother passed from Cancer. It was just her and her father now, the house felt different, it felt empty.

"I love you mom." She whispered, placing the photo back in its rightful place and walking out of her room.

The smell of sweet cinnamon swam around her nostrils as she made her way down the stairs and into her kitchen. Her father's back was to her, and she was watching his struggle to neatly spread icing over a fresh baked pan of cinnamon rolls, her mothers favorite.

"Morning Dad." Adeline interrupted causing her father to jolt slightly.

"Addy!" He smiled, turning to face the blue-eyed beauty. "I'm making your favorite!" he gestured to the pan of delicious treats. It wasn't her favorite, it was her mom's. A part of her knew that her father had known that, but he always told her he saw her mom when he looked at Adeline. The cinnamon rolls weren't comforting to Addy, but they were to her father. It had become difficult for her to indulge in them, every time she took a bite, she thought about her mom sitting at the other end of the table, sipping her black coffee while speaking about how delicious the pastries were.

"Thanks Dad." She forced a sympathetic smile and placed a kiss on her fathers' cheek. "I'll have to take it to go though, I have to get to school."

"Alright then sweetie." He nodded. "I'll be late tonight; I have a big case I'm working on."

Her father was a small-town lawyer, so a big case to him was probably just a major divorce between a family with a lot of money. But her father loved what he did, and she loved that.

"Bye Dad." She waved, twisting the knob on the front door.

When she got to the end of the driveway, she tossed the cinnamon roll in the trash can that was waiting to be picked up by the garbage man and sighed. She couldn't eat it, but she would never be able to tell her father that.

"You should really eat." A voice called from behind her. "I mean, you are human, isn't that the way you survive?"

She turned her head and there he was, dressed in a proper suit and undaggered was Elijah Mikaelson. He stepped beside her as they walked step for step down the sidewalk.

"I am going to assume Damon messed something up." She huffed. Elijah was supposed to be asleep, daggered in the Salvatore basement, yet here he was.

"That would make most sense." He smirked. "He does seem to have an affinity for making compulsive mistakes."

Adeline scoffed at his words, making compulsive mistakes was an understatement. Damon was known for his irrational, emotional actions. The blonde-haired girl hated him when he first rolled into town but has since become at least somewhat friends with the raven-haired vampire. Stefan and her were closer, but still Damon was a friend.

"But no—this time it was Elena who undaggered me." Elijah continued. Addy turned her eyes to meet Elijahs, shock was written across her face and the original vampire took note of it, slightly chuckling beneath his breath. "I know, I was shocked as well."

"What did Elena do that for?"

"She wanted to make a new deal, offer herself up as long as the lot of you remained safe." He scoffed "Same old thing really, which is ironic considering she is the one who broke our deal in the first place."

Elena was not thinking rationally, she knew her childhood friend to well. There was no way Elena would undagger Elijah if she had even a sliver of her right mind working but she didn't. She was afraid and terrified of losing those closest to her like she lost her parents. Adeline could understand that given that she lost her mom, but still this was a bad idea.

"I'm guessing if you are here to see me, it means you don't accept her deal." Adeline blurted; her tone was shaky. She was worried, and the pit in her stomach grew. She was afraid the original was here to send a message, to kill her. As much as she didn't want to die, there was a small voice inside her buried deeply within the depths of her mind that told her maybe it wouldn't be so bad, she could see her mom again.

"I'm not here to kill you Adeline." Elijah assured her. He had picked up on the fear she was radiating.

"Oh—" she sighed. "What is this about then?"

"I've been watching you." He replied, looking over at the blonde.

"Creepy much?" she rolled her eyes. Elijah let out a chuckle at the girls expense.

"Be that as it may, I can see that you are the true heart of the group—the favorite if you will."

She had no idea what he was talking about, she never felt like the favorite. Afterall, most of the stuff that was happening was to save the great and glorious Elena Gilbert. That is who the favorite of the group was, Elena. Not Adeline.

"You must have me confused with Elena." She retorted, scoffing at the mere idea that she could be the favorite, the center of attention. Adeline was blissfully unaware of how beautiful she truly was.

"Oh, please Adeline, Elena Gilbert is a nice girl, but she doesn't hold a candle to you." Elijah pointed out, glancing over at Addy who was now visibly confused by the vampire's words and motive. "I have been around a very long time and in that time, I have learned a few things. I have learned the art of observation."

"That's great—I guess?" Adeline questioned.

"What I'm trying to say is, after watching you and your friends for some time I was able to pick up on who the true glue is... its you." Elijah continued, as they strolled down the sidewalk of the empty street. Adeline was still confused but gave Elijah a glance that indicated for him to get to the point. "You are most trusted by your friends, most beloved. Even Damon and Stefan no matter how infatuated they may be with the Gilbert girl, deeply care for you."

"So—you came here today to compliment me?" she questioned. She was still unsure what the reason of this unexpected visit was and the more he spoke, the more confused she became.

"Actually—I came to have you deliver a warning to your friends." Elijah placed his hand on Adeline's arm, pulling her to a stop. The faced each other and studied one another's faces. "I hate to do this Adeline; I actually find you... likeable or appealing. But since I now have no trust in your friends, this is the only way."

"Elijah—" she breathed nervously. "What warning?" The girl wasn't stupid, she knew this wasn't going to be good. She sucked in a deep breath, attempting to prepare herself.

"If your friends try cross me again and interfere with the arrangement Elena and I have made I will feed you my blood and kill you, then use you as the vampire sacrifice in my dear brothers' ritual." He warned, speaking slowly. "And make no mistake, I will do it Adeline. I am a man of my word, as you know."

Elijah didn't have to tell Adeline he meant it, she knew he did. Since Elijah arrived to town, he has been nothing if not consistent and a man of his word. She knew her friends, as hard as they tried would never be able to truly defeat the original. Goosebumps rose along her skin and her all the blood rushed away from her face.

She could be dead by the end of the week.

"Okay." She gulped. "I'll deliver the message." The girl had nothing else to say, there was no magic words. She knew what she had to do.

"I knew you would, even without compulsion." He smirked. "Like I said, you are the most truthworthy. Noble, a bit like myself."

Great. She had something in common with the ancient vampire, how exciting she sarcastically thought.

"Well—now that you have ruined my morning and probably week, I'll be going." She scoffed, walking away from the original who still stood in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Adeline." He called after her. She reluctantly turned back around to face him, silently wincing as she worried about what he may say next. "I do apologize it has to be this way. You truly seem...nice."

"Gee—thanks." She rolled her eyes and continued walking away. As angry and scared as she was, deep down she knew Elijah really was sorry, but she also knew that wouldn't stop him from following through on his promise to end her life.

A/N: The picture at the top of the chapter is Josephine Langford and she is what I envision Adeline looking like 😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 619 31
When Leah Black moves to the new mysterious town of Mystic Falls, she finds her self intertwined with the supernatural world. This leads her to meet...
482K 7.7K 63
Klaus Mikaelson is a cruel monster to most that know of him. When the said monster turns up in mystic falls he can't help but start falling for the s...
17.3K 525 13
A love left standing during its bloom. Violet finds herself dangerously involved with the famous hybrid in New Orleans known as Klaus Mikaelson. Spar...
60.8K 872 11
Klaus has been married even before he was turned she is also her mother was a witch and her father was a wolf so when they were turned by his mother...