The Switch {EarthMix}

real__ia által

Earth is in a happy relationship with his boyfriend of six months, when he suddenly proposes something: What... Több

1.
2.
3.
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
Call for Beta Readers

5.

1.8K 87 2
real__ia által

When waking up the next morning, the place next to me in the bed was cold and there were no signs that he had come back in the meantime...

I sighed softly, turning on my side in the direction of the window and glancing outside at the beautiful day... well another beautiful day alone, I guess.

My hand reached out for my phone, just in case he had written some kind of message or information about his whereabouts, but to no surprise - there was no message. Well... was that a good thing or a bad thing? He had just taken off last night without saying anything, didn't come home the whole night and left no information for me... and that even though we were supposed to go on a date today. Great, right?

I was about to open the chatroom again when a message of Mix popped up:

'Hello Earth

you don't have to thank me for paying, I normally pay when going out with Nong Ming anyway. He texted me earlier and proposed that we could try out one of those partner switch days today...

If you already have plans, that's fine for me. But if you don't... I am free starting 11am.'

My brows furrowed looking at the message... the two of them had just decided to do a Switch Day without asking us? I mean originally, he had promised that we would spend the weekend together... I guess that wasn't the case then. The frustration in my body was obvious, this was supposed to make things better for us, not worse...

I sat up with a sigh, slowly tiping a reply in the chat, before sending it:

'Well I thought, I had plans with nong Pan... but i guess not anymore.
I'll pick you up then, just send me the adress.'

Mix only send one message back with his adress, no further discussions or anything. Didn't seem to be the guy who would just spam people... 

My smartphone landed in the bedsheets while I stood up and headed into the kitchen. There were around 2h till I would need to be there, enough time for breakfast, taking a shower and... maybe a little sport.

I wasn't exactly one of those guys who you would see in the gym every single day of the week, though I did enjoy doing a workout and especially playing games. Basketball, Volleyball - you name it. The only thing I really couldn't warm up to was soccer... but no one liked everything - right?

Breakfast was quite the quick meal, just a bowl of cereals and a smoothie - all I needed to fell happy and good about the day. Well... I surely didn't like Pan just cancelling our plans. And it wasn't even him that cancelled our planned date, no it was Ming, who gave Mix a notice, and only then did I get any of the information... If that was how it was going to be in the future... there would probably come a time when I would admit, that Mix was right. That this might be a horrible mistake. But who was I to judge this whole... 'project', only one day after it started?

.

.

.

I ended up arriving there five minutes late, in front of a huge apartment complex. Though... that seemed quite expensive to live in. It was a modern style 6 story building, a mixture of glass, beton and wooden elements with trees planted on the balkonies. If i had to guess, probably a room height of 2m and six apartments per level, with around 65 to 75m2 living space.

"You can have a look at the inside, if you want", a voice behind me said and I turned my face slightly to see Mix.

"Would that be alright?"

"Of course... I don't mind it. But we should choose another time... it's currently a mess", Mix smiled lightly and than looked Earth up and down once.

"You look much more comfortable today... I guess your choice of outfit yesterday was Nong Pan's?" Mix tilted his head slightly, looking right at me.

"How did you know? Did you ever see me in casual clothes", I asked a little surprised about him hitting the nail right on the head.

"Body language... yesterday you seemed stiff and your muscles tense... today you seem a little more relaxed. Though I can see that you are annoyed about your cancelled plans, even though you don't want to admit it."

I couldn't help chuckling  and scratched my neck, a little embarassed about getting exposed.

"So what's the plan for today" I asked after a small break  and completely turned around to face him.

"Let's just do what you are in the mood for, to cheer you up."

"I don't think you would like those kind of things..."

"Well... I don't think you know me well enough to say that. So let's go", Mix smiled friendly and I just nodded, at least I had warned him.

.

.

.

.

Mix put his hands on his sides, panting and sweat running down his cheek and neck.

"I told you, you wouldn't like it", I chuckled, placing the basketball on the ground before walking over to him.

"Don't be too hard on yourself... I've plaid basketball since middle school. And you know that i am training with Ai'Vee five times a week with the additional club activities not included."

"Let me try it again", he breathed out and stood up, determination sparkling in his eyes. That was the spirit.

I had to give it to him, he had the same lean and slightly small stature as Vee, but while our friend baffled everyone with his speed... well Mix baffled me with something else. I hadn't even made a real move and he would already predict what I was going to do. He was like a shadow... whereever you went, you would see him there when turning around.

"That's enough for today Mix... We both aren't properly dressed for basketball. If you really wanna play again, why don't you come with Ai'Vee during the lunch break and we can have a match again?"

He thought for a moment but then nodded.

"Stay here for a moment."

I looked at him confused when he walked away, coming back two minutes later with a bottle of water.

"Here."

"What about you?"

"I'm fine." He smiled lightly but I just shook my head.

"You drink half and I'll drink the rest."

I could hear him sigh a little but then he followed my instructions, emptying half the bottle before giving it to me and me finishing the other half.

Mix surely wasn't what I had expected. He wasn't that arrogant guy who looked down on others with his cold expressions. He was a warm person and considered towards people he actually spend time with.

"I'm sorry Mix."

He looked up to me with furrowed brows before tilting his head and raising an eyebrow.

"You know... you always had this cold expression on your face when being in the university. Whenever someone tried talking to you... you wouldn't answer. So I thought you were arrogant..." I looked down a little, feeling bad to having judge him without knowing anything. Vee had been right getting angry about this.

"Many people think that way... and I am aware of it", he sighed, sitting down with me on the grass right next to the basketball field.

"I... don't like people getting close to me or bashing in my private space... So I like keeping my distance from other people" he slowly explained, looking at the sky with a... well another of these expressions that I couldn't put a tag on. Maybe it was just a VeeMix thing.

"If I am perfectly honest,  Vee and Ming are the only people I have any private contact with. I don't have other friends or something."

"I can be your friend", I shrugged, his head turning in my direction with a surprised expression on it. Finally an emotion I was actually able to understand.

"Well as you said, we have to stick together for this switch anyway. So if we have to meet, we can just be friends."

"You would want that" he asked a little oblivious but I just nodded.

I extended my hand and after a little hesitation, he took it and we shook hands.

"It's nice to  meet you, Ai Mix."

"It's nice to meet you too... Ai Earth."

.

.

.

.

We had spend the rest of the afternoon eating some food from food stalls, trying a little bit through the variations of thai and korean streetfood, before the two of us headed home seperately.

There was still no message from Pan when I was about to sleep, but suddenly a message from one of the guys from the basketball club.

'Phi Earth... is what they wrote on the cute couple fanpage right?'

My brows furrowed at the message, not sure what exactly was going on. I clicked on instagram and searched for the cute couple fanpage from our university...

They hadn't done it... had they?

Liked by 1,839 people

cutecouples_apa  The new dream ship?  3rd year Architecture Student Earth and 2nd year Psychology student Mix were spotted on a basketball date today. Is there something going on between those cuties?  #earthmix #blcouple #couple #apauniversity

View all 78 comments

linmangkwan I thought those two didn't get along with each other...?

veenattaphan both of them are in a relationship so it would be nice if you'd stop posting pictures of friends and making up lies about dates. Thanks in advance.

Would Pan misunderstand this? Well...but then again he wanted to switch partners... and matched up Mix and me. So what was wrong with just hanging out and being friends? Since there would never be more between us anyway.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

25.4K 981 18
EARTH; And if love be madness, may I never find sanity again. MIX; I'm cold as ice, but in the right hands I'll melt. A/N: This book is a work of fi...
28.8K 626 5
Welcome to a growing Collection of One shots of multiple BL Couples. Ships included this far: EarthMix/PhuTian; BounPrem Content: 1. {EarthMix} Dare...
66.8K 3.3K 18
Gulf's away for a vacation for a month. An unexpected turn of events. but what if...? - This story will be on my twitter too, I initially created t...
3.6K 221 7
Ardor: The most famous members-only BDSM club in Bangkok, where the rich and famous of Thailand can live our their kinks and fantasies. On a speed "d...