Before It Ends • Hessa • Emer...

By -M-I-N-E-

This is a Hardin x Tessa fan fiction, although focuses mostly on their daughter Emery Scott. Finished writin... More

ꪮꪀꫀ
𝕥᭙ꪮ
𝕥ꫝ𝕣ꫀꫀ
ᠻꪮꪊ𝕣
ᠻⅈꪜꫀ
𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤
ડⅈ᥊
ડꫀꪜꫀꪀ
ꫀⅈᧁꫝ𝕥
𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓎 ℂ𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕫𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟!
𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚎𝚗
𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘
𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕚𝕩
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥
𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕆𝕟𝕖
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕋𝕨𝕠
Lets play a 𝕘𝕒𝕞𝕖...
The translation game!
A/N
Second Book!

𝕊𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣

588 24 9
By -M-I-N-E-

Words 1990

HARDIN.

I feel my hands shaking so I tighten my grip onto the wheel, inching Emery and I closer to the airport every second. I hate this, and I feel proud of her. How is that possible?

I think that she's fucking up her life going with him, and I'm hoping that she'll either figure that out before it's too late, or she'll at least realize it on the plane. I'll pay for her tickets, there and back. I don't care.

Once we get there Emery is out of the car and darting up to the doors. Tessa looks at me with a face I can't really decipher. Is she sad, is she happy? I can't tell.

I sink down into my seat, letting out a tired and stressed moan. "She'll be okay." Tessa assures, and I don't respond, I just let her words linger in the air because they somehow make me feel a tiny bit better.

I frown at all the memories that pop up. So many memories of Emery and I. She was at least six, and we were in a cafe. Tessa was eating her cheesecake and Emery was dancing around in her seat to the song playing.

I remember just watching her and thinking how adorable she was. She didn't have a care in the world, and that is when I realized how much I actually loved kids— at least my own. They don't care about what other people think, Emery was no exception. Even though that's changed, and she has more insecurities than I think I had, she is still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Of course, Tessa and Emery are tied for first.

Another memory pops into my head, and I chuckle lightly. Tessa looks over at me but all she does is smile gently at me. Now I feel like I have to speak up. She is probably wondering what I'm laughing at. "Remember the time we went to your mum's house and Emery called your mum out on all her shit?" I chuckle again. This was not too long ago. About three months ago.

Tessa sighs shaking her head, "that wasn't okay, Hardin. And you said yourself that it was disrespectful of her."

I huff, "yeah, if it was anyone else. But it was your mum so it was hilarious." I chuckle.

"So how have you been Theresa?" Tessa's mum asks, scooping up a serving of mashed potatoes for herself.

'Theresa' nods, shrugging her shoulders. "I've been good. My wedding planning stuff is going very good. And Hardin is on his... what was it?" She asks, looking over to me.

"Sixth book. It's a short stories book." I mutter, knowing that she just wanted to get me talking.

"Only a short stories book? What happened to writing romance novels about my daughter?"

"He finished all of those." Tessa interrupts, glancing over at me, but I just eat in silence. She is trying to get a rise out of me, but I've learned to stop caring. Well, maybe I'll take my anger out somewhere else, later.

"Ah okay." Her mum nods her head, sticking some of the mashed potatoes in her mouth. I can tell she is trying to dig for something she can complain about to Tessa later. 'She has always done that, it's just her personality,' Tessa always says. I don't know about that, I think she just hates me. "So, Emery are you into anything these days?"

"No," she replies shortly, shrugging her shoulders. "Why don't you interrogate Auden now, instead." 

I try to hold in my laugh and I can see Tessa's eyes go wide. "Emery," she warns quietly and Emery shrugs.

"I'm just saying, if you are going to take a stab at my father for doing what he loves then I'm not going to tell you anything. I won't give you another reason to hate on me." She says, "I need to go to the bathroom." She gets up and walks up the stairs.

Everyone is dumbfounded, our eyes wide and Tessa's mum's mouth is to the floor. "Why is she so rude?"

"I'm so sorry, mother. I will talk to her, it's been a rough day with the flight here and all." My mother shakes her head, messing with her food on the table.

"Very disrespectful of her. I'm sorry." I say, smiling ear to ear.

"That was terrible." Tessa mumbles, shaking her head. "It was so embarrassing. She always ends up ruining family dinners."

"No, she just catches everyone in the act. I mean, I don't blame her. Everyone is usually so fake at those family dinner things, especially your family. And it gets on my nerves too." I lean my head back on the headrest, glancing out the window towards the airport. There's so much chaos, people going in and out, some people stopping and looking at their phones. I hate airports, they are my least favorite part of my job.

I never thought it'd be so tough to wait for Emery. She planned to go in there and find him before buying a ticket, and then she will come back out for her bags. She was hoping to catch him before security search because it'd be a pain in the ass to go through it without some knowledge.

Tessa chuckles, "remember when Emery came home one day and she was just furious at Addy."

I furrow my brows, "which time?"

"When she was six. And you went into her room to talk to her about being mad with Addy. That's when I knew you were going to be her favorite. It's okay though. It was sweet."

I huff, nodding my head. "I do remember that. She was so mad. It kind of hurt when she said she wanted a new family, but then she said she still wanted us as parents and I felt better." I lean my head back against the head rest again, glancing through all those people outside in search for Emery. "Do you think she's okay?"

Tessa nods, glancing out the window too. "I think so. I think she's really happy."

"Yeah, it's great." I feel an ache in my chest, like my heart is clenching. I can't imagine not having her in the house with us. And if she isn't in the house, she is at least close. If this works out, then she'll be thousands miles away. Away from me and my protective arms.

My heart clenches at the memory that flashes in my brain. The one time I couldn't protect her. No... one of the times. Nothing hurts a father more than not being able to protect his children. It was pain when I got to Robby's house.

She had called me, she wouldn't stop crying, telling me Robby did something that she just can't get over. Her words were slurred and her speech was slow yet loud. She was definitely drunk.

"He won't change!" Emery cries into the phone once I pick up and my stomach flips with anxiety and my heart rate speeds up. I push the covers off of me quickly, marching towards the closet.

"What?" I ask rather calmly, grabbing a random shirt and tossing it on.

"He just won't stop... he won't quit." I have never heard her cry so much. "I'm in the bathroom."

"Honey, calm down. Where are you? Tell me." I say sternly, pulling shoes onto my feet.

"M'at Robby's. Daddy hurry, he's trying to get in." her voice croaks, "stop it! I'm not letting fucking inside, you asshole."

My hands have never shaken so much as I nudge Tessa. "Get up. We need to go get Emery."

I don't even give her time to get up and I'm out of the bedroom door and taking two steps down the stairs. She doesn't bother changing her clothes, she's in enough to cover herself.

In any other day I'd make her change but this isn't the time. I swear if Emery gets hurt...

She's still on the phone, shouting at Robby to stop trying to get in. I get into the driver's side, starting the engine.

"What is happening-" Tessa tries to ask, but I interrupt.

"Hurry the fuck up, Tessa." I reply quickly, and she obeys, climbing into the car quickly.

"Daddy hurry, I don't know if this door can stand it anymore."

"We're almost there, baby. I'm almost there." I'm using her location to find her. I've never been to Robby's house before. I barely know anything about the kid.

I don't think I've speeded this quickly before. He lives five minutes away. Five minutes too long.

"Fuck, Robby! Stop! I'm not letting you in!" Emery screeches, I can hear the frustration, and impatience in her voice. I can also hear the fear.

"Did he hit you?" I question, but she doesn't answer. I think she's too busy to answer. Suddenly she hangs up, "Emery- damn it!" I pound my palm onto the wheel, slamming my phone down onto the elbow rest. I have never felt this angry before. I'm angry at the roads for being so god damn bumpy. I'm angry at google maps for taking so long to fucking load. I'm angry at the time for going so slow. I'm angry at Robby for putting his hands on my daughter, and I'm angry at myself for letting this fucking happen. I can't stop what's going on over there. I'm frightened of what I'm going to find, too.

I stop quickly when I make it to the house, flinging my door open and tumbling out of the car. "Stay in the car." I halfheartedly say to Tessa, more concerned for Emery than anything.

I'm so quick I almost run into the door, before I do I brace myself for the impact. The door's hinges break loose and I'm inside within seconds. God, I haven't done that in a while.

"Look, she's coming!" Tessa points her finger towards the doors. "Is she okay? Look."

I search around the people running in and outside and I spot Emery, her chin is high and her posture is straight. Oh shit. There is something wrong.

I pull out of the parking spot and drive closer to her. She gets into the backseat and shuts the door. "Let's go home." She mutters, and I turn around to look at her.

"What happened?" I feel my body fill with a familiar feeling of anger. I swear if he broke her heart... I knew this was going to happen.

"Nothing, let's just go home." She stares out of the car door and I can't help but put myself back into that memory. Robby had broken the door down, and he had gotten to her. I could've protected her from it, but I didn't. And I didn't protect her from this either.

I don't even question further and I pull out of the airport parking lot. Tessa sighs, understanding that talking to her right now isn't the best plan, and we're off back home.

What did he do? Did he tell her he doesn't want her anymore? Did she see him with another woman? Did he break her heart just as bad as Robby broke her ribs?

Why the hell can't I keep her from this? Why the hell does she have to go through all of this shit? It isn't fair.

◉‿◉

𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎

I finished writing this book a few days ago... I can't believe we are so close to the end. I've started the second book but it will be a while before I start posting it.

Remember when I asked ending one or ending two and mostly all of you picked two?

Well, here is ending two! Ending one was for Emery to go with Cole and ending two was for her to stay.

Did you like what you picked?

Chapter sixty four: Mar. 27, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2.7K 102
Sometimes we don't pay much attention to certain relationships and to certain people when they are close to us, it's only when we loose them, we unde...
384K 11.2K 102
It's been a crazy few months for Hardin and Tessa. It's finally time for them to say I do, and they couldn't be more excited to be husband and wife...
5.2K 104 43
**EDIT 8/30/17** I HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS IS THE PROLOGUE TO MY NEXT FIC. THIS ONE IS PRETTY MUCH A NECESSITY TO UNDERSTAND THE NEXT ONE, AND WARNING...
26.5K 579 52
"'Tessa, he's manipulating you. Still! He's abusive can't you see that?' Zed yells from across the room. I have a feeling this time he's right." What...