Play that Song (Given x Reade...

By unfinished_writer

A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! War... More

Forewarning!!!
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 18
Character Info 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 23

1.2K 64 31
By unfinished_writer

Y/n POV:

"Kaji-san, Haruki-san. I look forward to working with you further," Mafuyu says as he bows to the older dudes as I idly stand by, not really knowing what to do. I slightly swing my arms around, my fingertips lightly feeling the inside of my hoodie.

"Sure, good to have ya," Kaji says, making me slightly smile at his words.

"I'm glad everything worked out," Haruki says, making me laugh. A little birdie, Haruki, had told me about what happened on Monday's practice and I almost wished that I could have been there to see his face. Fortunately, my birdie sent me a picture, making my day as I laughed my ass off.

Calming my laughter down, I also bow to the adults, making both of them confused. "I also look forward to tormenting all of you, specifically Uenoyama, further. Thank you for this amazing opportunity," I 'seriously' say before bursting out laughing as I feel Uenoyama slap the back of my head, making me laugh even harder.

"Do you hate me or something?!" Uenoyama exclaims as I slow my laughing down, preparing to retort back.

"The complete opposite actually," I say making everyone look at me wide-eyed as I realize what I said."Oh, sorry Uenoyama, I don't see you like that, but I have a friend," I say, slightly catching Mafuyu's attention as Uenoyama ends up ignores me as a whole while setting up his equipment.

'I'm an avid-shipper, what can I say?' I think as I stare at the two boys in front of me, likely shipping something that would never become real. Unless...

"You're just going to be playing guitar, right?" Haruhi asks as they prepare to play. I walk over to my usual spot on the floor as I watch the interaction.

"No, he's going to be on guitar and vocals," Uenoyama explains, slightly surprising Mafuyu as he turns to face the two.

"Huh? You can sing, Mafuyu?" Haruhi asks. Mafuyu and Uenoyama look at each other, non-verbal words passing between them as they slightly nod.

Mafuyu takes a deep breath in before singing his favourite song. Haruhi looks extremely shocked, covering his mouth with his hand. Kaji looks less surprised, which makes sense because he already heard Mafuyu sing before, not that either of the teen boys knew. While I continue to listen, I shift my gaze over to my corner of shame on the opposite side of the room.

'Should I go there? I probably should... I think I made Haruto upset,' I think as Mafuyu finishes his song. 'I'll deal with it on Saturday,' I think as I watch the others in the room, trying not to think about confrontation.

The practice goes on as usual as the bandmates introduce their new member to the instruments, the equipment and the facility, while I was mostly distracted by my worried thoughts, hoping I wouldn't lose my closest friend.

-------

Iida

Ok

Read 5hrs ago

'Nothing, absolutely nothing,' I think as the band members and I enter the same restaurant we went to last time and sit in the same booth. I have been constantly refreshing the messages every five minutes, hoping I would see any new messages. There were never any, which made my anxiety levels inch higher every passing minute. As we receive our drinks I start to fiddle with the strings of my hoodie, trying to resist the urge to check again.

"All right, then... Let's celebrate Mafuyu joining the band. Haruki begins. "Cheers!" Haruki says while raising his drink along with Kaji, expecting one of us to join them.

"Cheers?" Uenoyama asks as I strain my neck to see his face. Since I'm sitting on the outside of the booth and Mafuyu is sitting in between us, I can't really see his face, but I can tell he is wearing a confused look.

"Cheers," Kaji says with a smile on his face as both the blondes move their cups towards Uenoyama. He slowly moves his cup to meet the others, getting a small cheer from the college students. They then move their cups in front of Mafuyu, slightly surprising him. After a few seconds, the salmon-haired boy grabs his drink and clinks it against the others, ushering the same cheer as before.

'Did you know that the reason people clink their glasses together is that back when they had kings, the kings didn't know if their drink was poisoned or not? To get past this issue, whenever they clinked the drinks together, some of the king's drink would go into someone else's drink. They would wait to see if the person died before even taking a sip of theirs...Or at least I think that's why...Don't quote me on that,' I think, not noticing the two drinks being held out in front of me.

"Are you just gonna stare at them or join them?!" Uenoyama exclaimed, shaking me out of my random thought as I quickly grabbed the random drink they ordered me and clink it against the blondes, garnering the same reaction from them.

"But, man, Mafuyu... You always seem out of it, so I wondered if you could actually sing..." Haruki starts, slightly insulting Mafuyu as I lightly glare at the oldest blonde. "But you've really got some pipes on you. You startled me," Haruki finishes as I lift my glare from him.

"For real," Kaji adds to Haruki's comment as I begin to lightly feel like someone is watching me.

'This is the worst case of deja vu I've ever gotten,' I think as I ignore the eyes, hoping they were only looking around and happened to fall on me.

"It's not like you've been a vocalist before, right?" Haruki asks before Uenoyama answers for Mafuyu.

"Nope. In fact, I'm still not sure if he understands the first thing about bands yet," Uenoyama says while pointing to Mafuyu. Mafuyu slightly frowns and I send a glare in Uenoyama's direction.

"I at least understand the first thing...Sort of," Mafuyu responds as I loosen my glare and begin to smirk at his words, finding them partially funny.

" "Sort of"?" Kaji says with a blank look as he repeats Mafuyu's words.

" "Sort of"?" Uenoyama repeats the words again as I become slightly agitated. On top of that, the eyes haven't left me alone, pissing me off even more.

"But you seem like you have hidden potential, so with a little practice, I bet you could kill it," Haruki says, partially calming down as I take a deep breath in. It is almost a surprise I haven't blown up from the mixture of worry and agitation that has been taking over my mind yet. "What kind of music do you usually listen to?" Haruhi asks Mafuyu as I take another deep breath in.

Mafuyu looks down at the table and thinks for a moment before turning to Uenoyama. "What do you listen to, Uenoyama-kun?" he asks him as Uenoyama does a spit-take, making me smirk at the boy, not feeling up to laugh.

"Huh? You're asking me?" Uenoyama asks and I soon follow up with a sarcastic response.

"No, he's asking the window, who do you think?" I snarkily respond, coming off extremely agitated, surprising everyone in the booth. No one says anything as they stare at me wide-eyed. "What?" I aggressively ask, making everyone flinch. I look over to Mafuyu and he moves further away from me, almost cowering. I immediately realize what I had done as my whole body becomes paralyzed.

'I-i-i...' I think as I cover my mouth with my hand, the shock of my actions shaking me to my bones. 'H-how?... W-why?... Did I just ruin every friendship I had today?' Tears begin to come to my eyelids, shame filling every limb as I begin to stand out of the booth, struggling with every movement. 'I-i c-can't do this r-r-right now,' I think as my eyes look back into the eyes of the people I had shouted at.

"I-i-i" I stutteringly say, words not coming to my mouth as my mind remains blank. "FUCK!!... Sorry... I'll go," I say before speedily walking away, heading towards the door, not caring if anyone would look at me and my trembling form.

'How did that go from 0 to 100 so fast?!' I think to myself as I roughly push open the doors and walkthrough. I look around as I trying to remember what direction my apartment was in. Quickly, I find it and speedily walk away from the restaurant, soon becoming a jog, then turning into a full-speed run. Preventing my tears from falling, I feel the fatigue begin to hit me after I run a few blocks into an area I can't recognize with no people.

"And now I don't know where I am... FUCK!!!" I exclaim as I grab the back of my head, feeling like the world was falling apart around me. The tears I had been suppressing began to spring up again as my facade begins to break.

'Uh uh, oh no you don't, get back in there,' I order my tears as the sadness in my stomach climbs my throat as I choke back cries.

"...Y/n?" I hear a familiar voice say behind me making me freeze again. I slowly turn around, scared to see if the voice came from who I thought it did. Looking at their shoes, I slowly move my gaze up their long legs to their torso, finally reaching their dark skin and blue eyes.

'Haruto?' I think as the memories of the messages come back, almost making me spill my tears again. Everything seemed to freeze as I stare into his eyes, not knowing what to do. My body starts to move on its own as it does the only logical thing that it knows; run...run away from my problems. 'Like the loser I am,' I think as I begin sprinting away from Haruto.

With each foot hitting the ground, all the negative emotions begin to build up again; the shame, the guilt, the sadness, the anger, the worry, all the negative emotions a human can produce inches up my throat, along with my breath, not used to running this far, this fast. 'Something about this seems familiar,' is all I think before I hear footsteps behind me. I immediately recognize them, having already run from them before, and speed up faster than I have ever before. The footsteps keep coming closer no matter how fast I run, but I keep doing it, in hopes he might tire out before I do.

"Stop running!!!" Haruto exclaims as he grabs my left wrist, preventing me from outrunning him or trying to get away. I gradually slow down my pace as he continues to grip my hand, holding me at an arm's length. Once I stop my legs as a whole, I try to catch my breath while staring at the ground, not wanting to face someone I had thought I hurt.

Nothing is said between us as he continues to hold my wrist and I hold back tears and cries of sadness, guilt, and anger. He slightly tugs at my wrist, trying to get me to move closer to him and so he can see my face. I choose to ignore him and stare at the cracks in the sidewalk, my eyes tracing every turn and jagged edge, hoping it could lead me to another dimension or take me back in time so I could prevent this whole situation from ever happening.

Haruto slowly walks around my left side, moving to be in front of me. I keep my head down, not wanting to look at his blue eyes, which always held so much emotion. When he was happy or laughing, his pupils would dilate, preventing me from seeing a lot of blue, but when I did look at his irises, I could almost see a beautiful beach that looked out onto the ocean. Even though I had only been to the small beaches around Japan, they could never measure up to the serenity that Haruto's eyes held. Because of this...I never wanted to see what they would like when he was upset, especially if he was upset at me. The thought scared me too much.

I feel a finger under my chin before it begins to lift my head up. At first, I resist, forcing my chin to face downward, but eventually give up, my energy already being depleted from running. As my eyes move from his chin and up his defined features, I close my eyelids, not wanting to face one of my biggest fears.

"Open your eyes...please," Haruto gently asks, removing the worries and fears that formed in my mind. My eyes flutter open as I stare back into his beautiful eyes, expecting to see a pair of angry, upset, or disappointed ones looking back. All I see staring back are blue eyes, concern filling them to the brim and not a hint of being upset.

"Are you okay?" he asks, immediately making my tears flow unrestrictedly down my cheeks. I take a step towards him before burying my face into his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him into a hug. My loud muffled cries can be heard as I pull myself closer to Haruto, seeking comfort in his larger form. He slightly freezes from the contact before gently hugging me back, lightly putting his arms around my shoulders, like if he were to hug me too tight I would break like a piece of glass, making my tears and cries come out of me even faster.

"Uh...I'm guessing you're not doing so well?" I hear Haruto slightly chuckle above me. My cries soften a bit as I begin to slightly chuckle with him, my tears and cries still easily flowing out. "Correct me if I'm wrong... but you seem a bit sad," he says, making me chuckle even louder, occasionally interrupted by the small cries or sniffles.

I drop my arms while keeping my face buried in his chest, not wanting him to see my tear-stained face. I lightly kick his shin, trying my best to scold him. "How could you tell? Did the crying give it away?" I quietly say, my words muffled from being shoved into the hoodie he was wearing. He chuckles, his chest quickly rising and falling with each breath he took, as he began to rub my head, slightly messing up my hair.

"So, you gonna tell me what's wrong?" he kindly asks, making me freeze again as my tears start to come back. However, instead of staining his hoodie, even more, I pull away from him and stare at his face. He wears a small smile, but his eyes still show concern, making my tears lightly flow down my cheeks, worrying him even more. Before he can say anything, I start to speak.

"Are you upset with me?" I quietly ask as tears continue to flow down my cheeks. Haruto tilts his head in confusion, making me even more confused as the tears drip off my chin.

"Why would I be upset with you? What gave you that impression?" he asks me as I rub my eyes, hoping no more tears would be shed tonight.

"B-because... I was being an asshole and overstepping with my jokes...and you left me on read... and you said we needed to talk," I say in between breaths, my silent sobs still present in my voice. Haruto just stares at me, silent as a mouse, before bursting out laughing, perplexing me even more as I stop crying altogether to watch the black-haired boy laugh his ass off.

"HAHAHAHA!!! Lemme get this clear; you...pfft...you, YOU, were being mean, so...HAHA... so, you, YOU, are crying...Pfftt, HAHAHAHA!!!" he says in between laughs, emphasizing the word 'you'. I quickly realize he is teasing me so I take a step forwards and begin to lightly punch his side, tears coming to my eyes.

"I-it's not funny..." I stutteringly say, making him laugh even harder.

'Is this what it's like dealing with me? I almost feel bad for Uenoyama, keyword almost' I think as Haruto calms down his wheezing and starts to talk to me again.

"It's f*cking hilarious, what are you talking about?...Ohhhh, that was fun, let's do it again" he says before staring into my eyes and slightly flinching at the sight. I had been trying to replicate my mother's signature scowl for a while now, practicing in the mirror when she wasn't home, and could finally use it on my first test subject.

'Test Subject #1-Haruto Hagihara: Successful. Now, who to test next?' I think before Haruto speaks again.

"My teacher had to talk to me for a second, so I didn't read your message when you typed it out... And with the fact that I wanted to talk, I meant about hours... for work..." he says, immediately making me freeze.

'...What?' I question in my head as Haruto begins to laugh again. I quickly start to punch his chest again, embarrassed tears coming to my eyes as my face turns red, both from anger and being flustered.

"So you mean to tell me, you ruined my day and made me agitated..over nothing? I yelled at my friends because of you!!!" I exclaim as Haruto continues to laugh. I step back away from him and look down at the ground, hoping he wouldn't see my embarrassed face. "I thought... you might wanna stop being friends," I quietly say, slightly hoping he wouldn't hear my embarrassing words. Unfortunately, he does hear them as he stops laughing and suddenly pulls me into a tight hug, his arms squishing mine to my sides, making me groan.

"AWWW...You don't have to worry about that, silly! I'm not gonna give up my best friend/only friend that easily," he exclaims as a smile makes it to my face.

"And I'm not gonna lose my best friend that easily either," I whisper, not intending for him to hear me. His iconic angel smile comes out as I squint my eyes and turn my head away from the bright light.

"Can you say that again? I couldn't hear you," Haruto teasingly asks as he continues to tightly squeeze me, slightly making it hard for me to breathe.

"I said you're a loser and I don't know why I hang around you," I sarcastically say, finally being able to go back to my normal self. Haruto freezes for a moment before letting me go, allowing me to inhale a huge puff of air.

"So mean!" Haruto pouts as I laugh at his behaviour. "It's good to see you back," Haruto smiles as I smile back. He starts to walk in the direction I was running in earlier and I quickly follow him, a bit confused about where he was heading.

"Where are you going?" I ask him once I catch up to him.

"You ran pretty far, pretty fast. I assume you were trying to head home, right?" he asks to which I simply nod. "Then I guess I'm walking you home!" he exclaims, making me slightly chuckle before I remember what I had said to my friends.

'I need to apologize to them, I was clearly out of place for no damn reason,' I think as I lightly glare at Haruto, even if the misunderstanding was both our fault; he didn't explain the situation and I jumped the gun.

The rest of the walk home was peaceful quiet between us as we enjoyed each other's company.

-------

"Thanks for walking me home Haru... and dealing with my emotions, that was a train-wreck so I appreciate it," I say as I put my key inside the keyhole as Haruto smiles even brighter.

"A new nickname, huh?... Maybe stick with Iida, I like it better," he responds as I open the door.

"Yeah, I like Iida better too, but I just wanted to try something out," I say as I walk through the threshold and turn back to face Haruto. "Have a good night, be safe."

"You too, and don't think about me too much," Haruto flirty says as I laugh it off.

"Night, Haruto," I say before closing the door. Once I hear the door clink, I breathe out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

'Sorry Haruto, I might think about you too much.'

Haruto POV:

"Night, Haruto," they say before closing the door. Once the door fully closes, I let out a small breathe I had been holding in. I walk over the stairs, beginning to head home, my feeling a complete f*cking mess.

'I guess I won't be confessing tonight then?'

Would you consider that angst? Idk, anyway I was going to make Y/n unintentionally friend-zone Haruto extremely hard, but I decided to not choose violence...today...*cue evil laughter. LOL, I'm tired.

Does Y/n seem like a Mary Sue to any of you? I really hope they're not.

Have a good morning/evening/night,

~Kyra

(3506 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 22 89
This is just something that I can express my emotions and how I'm feeling. It'll basically be like a diary for me and anyone reading can see into my...
18.2K 467 60
The First Book of the 'Neither A Hero Nor A Villain' series "A hero doesn't kill and a villain doesn't save. So guess what, I'm neither a hero nor a...
136K 2.8K 15
PREVIOUSLY TITLED: Hold Me Please Edited: 02.22.2024 ยป You finally agree to help your cousin study and you meet his friends. What happens when one of...
5.2K 242 19
๐“๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐. . หš * * ใ€€ใ€€ใ€€ โŠน หš . ใ€€ใ€€. โŠน ยท โœง ใ€€...