The Grindelwald's

By F_a_n_F_i_c_

Grindewald's kids are on the run, and three were sent to Azkaban,that's until Dumbledore decides to take them... More

Characters
Family Reuninon
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chpater 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Authors Note

Chapter 23

33 4 0
By F_a_n_F_i_c_

Last day of school~

School is over and everyone is getting ready to leave, but I'm quiet not ready to leave. I got attach to this place pretty quickly, it's going to be strange to leave for only a two months. I gathered my things and head on down to the common room and find Pansy and Owen making plans to hangout during the summer. "Hey, I'm sorry to inturrpt but uhh..Pansy can you do me the favor and give this letter to Draco please. I need to leave now". Pansy to the letter and she nodded. "Yeh I'll give it to him, but we need to make plans over the summer too!".

"Yes! we do, just let me know within time". I smiled and wave goodbye to them both. I headed out of the commom room and walked to the Gryffindor tower. Mostly all the students were saying goodbye to their friends and making plans for the summer, others who graduated were talking about job they've applied to. It's crazy to think that in a couple years, I will be graduating and finding a job. Well that's if I can and people don't go off by carrying the last name of my father. I know it won't been easy, it's truley never been and it will take time to prove that the reputation built for me isn't who I truly am.

"Ashley!". I was ripped away from my thoughts and look across to see George.

"Hello George", he pulled me into a tight hug.

"So what are the plans for this summer?", he said while ruffling up my hair. I smacked his hands so he could stopped messing up my hair and I laughed to see him frown and caressing his hands. "Well I'm not exaclty sure yet, but can you get me inside the Gryffindor common room. I need to make sure my siblings are ready now". Just like that he let me inside, every house had a secret code to go in but since I don't belong to this hosue I'm not given the code. "Thanks George", I gave him a kiss on the check and ruffled up his hair. I found it funny everytime I kissed one of the twins, they always flushed red.

We walk inside and I see some students walzting around the common room. My mouth flung open to see my brother Ethan dancing with Serenity, I've never seen him seen look at a girl with adoration. Also becuase Serenity didn't belong in this house so she has nothing to do in here, so that only meant that my brother and her are really close..friends? not really sure what they are. George pulled me into the crowd and we started walzting around too, and I couldn't help it but laugh at his face expressions he made to the rhythm of the music. "Can I steal her for a moment?", George places my hand into Ethan's hand and we start dancing. This is the second time Ethan and I dance together and it still seemed strange to be near him because most of the time it would end up terrible. But that had all changed, at least that's what he promised and I just hope my actions wouldn't make him change his mind. Now more than ever he knowns I need all the help and support I can get. "So you and Serenity?", his checks turned pink and he tried to hold back a smile at the mention of her name.

It is super obvious that they both like each other but I wanted to know from him, how this even happened. "We are just friends", he eyes moved towards her and he smiled. "Well friends dont look at each other like that..just saying". We laughed and countiend dancing around the common room, some sat down to catch their breath.

"So what will we be doing this summer?", he said while spinning me around the room.

"Well I'am not exactly sure, Theordore is holding a meeting for the illusion". The music ended and another one came up and we countined dancing, only then I got the idea he didn't want to let go of this moment. He was scared of not knowing what came next for us, "Ethan?..promise that no matter what happens you'll take protect them". There was a moment of silence between us, clealry he was upset about what I said. But with how things been latley I needed to be honest with him that I won't able be with them. "I promise I'll do the best I can to protect them", the music stop and we parted ways. It was time to go people were saying goodbye to each other and I grabbed my bags and left the room.

I spotted Jackson and walked outside to the courtyard and we waited for the rest of our siblings there. "You alright?". I looked up at Jackson and nodded, "And you?", I knew that he's been really sensitive latley with everythign that's been going on. "I'm..fine", clearly he wasn't fine but if he doesn't want to talk about it then there's no way getting him to spill it out. I hooked my arm with his and placed my head on his shoulders, we stayed quiet. The courtyard was empty and I'm guessing that everyone was already on the train on there way home.

The rest of our siblings finally came out of the castle and Jackson and I got up and grabbed our bags. "about time, I was beginning to think ya'll wanted to spend your summer here", Jackson's voice sounded a bit harsh and annoyed. Clealry something is bugging him to the point that everything made him so cranky. "Well we are here now, so let's go", Andrew mocked him for being so cranky latley. I scoweld Andrew for being like that with Jackson, he knew best not to test Jackson's patcients.

"You're all sure we can go now?", I look at every single one of them and they each nod. We each pulled our wands out and apperated in front of the manor. I felt a bit relifed that this was the only safe place we had outside of Hogwarts, I was thankful my mother had not told my father about this place. We all walked inside and there appeared Mary and two older elfs, which I assumed are her parents.

"Miss Ashley! Ohh your finallly home, it's so good to see you again". Her voice was so full of joy to see me. I kneel down besides her and hug her carefully, scared that if I hugged her even just a little I could break her. "They must be your parents?", she nooded and I put my hand our to shake their hands.

"Miss Grindelwad, it's nice to finally meet you. My name is Elida". I smiled at her and look over at her husband, not going to lie he seemed very scary and cranky. "Miss Grindelwald nice to meet you, my name is Lewis", his voice was a bit skracty and gave in more to his scary looks.

"It's nice to meet you both, but please just call me Ashley". I got up and smiled down at them.

"These people right here are my siblings". I look at my sibings and I tried to singal them to present themselves but I guess they were too spurise to see a house elf. Each of our mothers never allowed a house else, they all thought that it was our responsibility to pick up after our mess. "Present yourselves geez!", they all finally snapped out of it and one by one presented themselves.

In the meantime Mary and I brought the bags up to each of the rooms. "Lisa how are you parents feeling with all this sudden change?".

"They are doing just fine, but it will take time for them to get use to it". I smilled and we went on to the my room and Lisa helped me unpack.

"So I was thinking if tonight you and your parents can join us for dinnner, please". I hoped that maybe having another family at the table would clam my nerves down of being alone just with my siblings. "ohh Yes, of course Miss Ashley".

"Great! What do your parents like to eat?". Lisa and I sat down on my bed and we talked about mnay foods we could make for everyone. We walked down towards the kicthen and I helped Lisa out with the ingridents she needed to make the food.

In came Theodore from the back door. "Hey Theo".

"Hey Ash, glad to see you back. I just wanted to tell you that after dinner come before the illusion meeting". I looked up to see him lean on the wall resting his head, I noticed that he had gotten taller, he looked more slim and had dark circle under his eyes. "Theo is everything okay?..you look exhausted". Theodore pushed himself off the wall and walked towards me and placed his hands on my shoulder and shook his head. I couldve insited what was going on but I thought maybe it's best if we save this conversation for later. "Okay. Would you like to join us for dinner?".

Theodore looked over at the table to see what Lisa was planning to make, "yeah that would be great". I walked over to the frigde and pulled out a coulpe lemons and started making lemonade. This time Theo was being really quite and the entire time Lisa and I were making the food he just stood by the window, looking out into the ocean.

"Lisa can you call everyone for dinner please". Lisa nodded and walked out of the kitchen.

I started setting up the table and I walked to the cabinet to get cups. Still Theodore didn't move from the window, "Theo can you take out the lemonade from the frigde please". Finally he moved and went towards the frigde. Voices brusted into the dinner room and everyone started to sit down. I went out to the closet by the backdoor to get extra chairs.

"Here let me help you". Sebastine grabbed two chairs and I grabbed two more.

"What's wrong with your brother?". Sebastian shrugged his shoulder. "Not sure, maybe we'll find out at the meeting". Well at least I'm not the only one who wants to know what's wrong with Theodore. It must not be great news but I rather not dawn on it too much.

We put the chairs around the table and everyone started to take a seat. Lisa and I started placing the food on the table. I finally sat down and grabbed myself some food and we all began to eat. Lisa's parent started to make conversation about how school is for us. Everyone was talking except Theodore and I, what has him so worried.

A couple hours later~

Sebastian and I grabbed our hoodies off the chairs and made our way out towards the back door. "Everything will be fine watch", I smiled at Sebastian since he's been worried for his brothers odd silence.

"Yeah I hope so". Sebastian held onto his hoodie even tighter as if finding courage within it.

Tonight the air is warm and dense, you could feel the dryness on your skin. We finally walked into the maze and I looked up into the night sky, there is millions of twnilking stars. The sight of this is gorgeous and snippets of a memory came back to me. The time mother had taken my sister and I to athens, Greece during a night. We were so high on top, it felt that I could almost reach for the stars.

We walked down the stairs and sebastian opened the door. We walked inside and see this place has papers and books all over the place. Sebastian walked over towards the table and picked up a dusty old book and decided to look inside it, but when he opened a disgusting oder came within it. "That's disgusting!", Sebastian immediately closed the book and placed it on the table again.

"Just like your face", I smirked and looked at the files of papers that were laid out.

"Oh you wish". He grabbed a stack of papers and smack me with it on the back of my head. Sebastian laughed but it was cut short when he tripped on a book and now it was my turn to laugh at him.

"This place really needs to get cleaned up". Sebastian stood up and dusted himself off and picked up the book off the ground.

"Well guess what now you got yourself a summer job". I smiled at him

"Oh Hell no!"

"Oh Yes. You. Are!". I grabbed a thick book and smacked it lightly on his head.

"You can't make me". He said in a sassy tone

"Your right I cant make you, but your brother can". His face turned into pure anger at the fact that his brother has been bossing him around lately.

"You wouldn't dare!". He crossed his arms and his lips curve into a smirk.

"Watch me!". I turned around and walked towards the door. "Procidat deceptionem", and the door creaked opened and we both walked inside. Both of us put our hoodies in instantly, everytime I walk in here the hallways are feakin cold.

"Sebastian you ever wonder how our lives would've been if we didn't meet each other in Azkaban?". I looked up at to see him smile down at me.

"I rather not, I like how my life is turning out to be since I met you". I looked at him in awe, he really knew how to say the kindest things to a girl.

We reached the balcony and saw how everyone was making their way into the hall for the meeting. "Shoot we're late". Sebastian and I started walking down the stairs and quiclky rushed into Theodores office.

"You two are late". Theodore sat down at his desk and we made our way into an empty couch.

Theo stayed quite for a bit and looked between Sebastine and I, he then strightened up. " Look Ashley the minstry needs your help, we need you to work alongside your father. He's been awfully quite and we don't know what he's up to". I felt like I've just been hit by a truck, I didn't want to go back with my father. Not after what I've seen that he's capable of and what's he's done.

"Please I wouldn't be asking you to do soemthing you don't want to do, but this is urgent. Your our last option Ashley..the ministry has sent out people but...they were always found dead." I sigh and rub my head, I dont want to do this because I just started to have a good relationship with all of my siblings and now how am I supposed to explain that I have to go back to the other side."Is there really no other option?".

Theodore shook his head. "The ministry will only let you work if you agree to make an unbreable vow with them". The doors flung open and in came a group of people from the ministry, between the group I saw Cornelius Fudge.

Cornelius took a seat next to me, "well thank you for helping us Miss Grindelwald". The people behind him started to chatter amongst themselves and some glanced over at me and then walked away to the bookshelf as if I was some sort of threat. "Well not exactly how I thought we would take down my father, but this needs to end". I sent him an awkward smile.

Cornelius grabbed my hand and pulled me up towards the center of the room, behind him came up a lady around her 30s. "Well Miss Grindelwald it's not that we don't trust you but...". Theodore cut him off quickly, "Ash we really need you to do this".

I extended my hand out and without hesitiation the lady takes a hold of my wrist. The lady looks a bit worried but doesn't make eye contact with me, she just keeps looking at the floor beanthe her. I hear Cornelius and Theodore talking abou the unbreakeable vow and other things but I'm not exactly sure what it is and I gave up trying to pay attention. I'm more nervous about this than anything, I've never done an unbreakable vow but I know enough to know that consequences if broken. "Ready?", Sebastain came to my side and rubbed my arm.

"Yea, let's get this over with". I smiled at him and nod for him to procced.

Then the room went slient as Sebastian drew his tip of his wand on top of my wrist, a thin light began to wrap its way around both our arms. The lady cleared her throat and fianlly looked up at me, she didn't seem to happy about this but clearly this wasn't put up for a dessucion.

Cornelius handed Sebastian a paper for him to read off of. "Will you Ashley Grindelwald do whatever it takes to bring your father behind bars, even if you have to do the most indespicable things?".

"I do". This isn't the first time I've been forced to do soemthing I didn't want to do, I've seen plenty of things to know that many people will end up getting hurt.

"Will you promise not to fall into your fathers control?".

Then the rush of memories of my father and I, it hurts me to do this to him. But I need to do this for my siblings so they can come out of hiding, they deserve better. I start to feel a stinging sensation in my eyes and I try to hold in my tears, the lady gives me a little squeeze to my wrist. I take a deep breath, "I do". This bothered me so much but it's for the best, plus he's lucly they aren't killing him.

"And once you fuffil this you will not take action against anyone from the ministry". This is stupid did they really think I would come after them, when I'm the one helping to bring down my father.  But then again I think they've heard plently to know what I'm capable of.

"I do".

The thin light began to disappear and now the vow is done. The lady lets go and looks at her hand and I noticed she hand plenty of scars. The lady inspects each one carefully, allowing me to see each one of them and walks away into the crowd.

"That's what happens when people make a lot of unbreakable vows". Sebastian whispered into my ear and lifted my arm out infront of us, but to my suprise there were no scars... I guess I just got lucky since this is my first.

"Cornelius it's your turn", Theodore said in a stern voice. Maybe Theodore is worried Cornelius wouldn't keep his word.

Cornelius stepped infront of me and extended his right arm, I slowly wrap my hands around his wrist and then firm enough so he wouldn't think of letting go. I hand Sebastian a piece of paper for him to read my demands. Then once again Sebastian presses the tip of his wand on my skin and the thin light dances around the wrapped arms, "Will you Cornelius Fugde make sure that nobody takes action against the crimes Ashley may commit during this deed".

"I do", the man infront of me stood up even taller, making himself look confident.

"Will you bring to light the illusion society and let everyone know we aren't a threat but just a group that decides how to bring justice to people on our own terms. That nobody will interfere with our plans or action we do?". The crowd behind Cornelius began to chatter amongst themselves and none of them very pleased by this. Not long ago Owen had mentioned to me that Theodore has been trying to convinve the ministry that the illusion means no harm, but becuase of the things our parents did makes them think otherwise. So really I'am only doing what Theodore couldn't, plus either was the illusion would get involved too since I'm helping the ministry now.

"I do", Cornelius was very hesitan but finally agreeed to it. Making the chatter behind him die down, the choice was already made.

"Will you make sure not to take actions against the members of the illusion or their familes". This made Corenlius look over at Theodore, I could tell he is not very pleased with my terms. I'm sure this felt more like a trap for Cornelius than an agreement, but he wasn't making this easy for anyone after all.

"I do", the confidence was no longer there anymore.

The light disappeared and we let each other go, everything turned into an odd silence. Cornelius walked back to his group of people talking to them but not exaclty sure what, their voices were too low for me to even add small picese to their conversation. Sebastian and Theodore stood by my side and I was handed back the paper of my demands. "Well Miss Grindelwald, I gotta say thank you but next time I'll be more careful on making deals with you". People behind him chuckled and I broke into a small smile, but yet Cornelius remainde serious.

"Well you sure aren't making this easy for me". I sent him an sympathic smile becuase I understand he's just trying to do his job but I'm risking too much for them.

Theodore placed a hand behind my back, "I think we should get going, we don't want to keep the rest wiating any longer".

I look up at Theo and nodd, "Well let's go". All of us walk out of the office and into the hall full of the illusion members, that have been waiting for us. I hear some say that it's odd so see the ministry here, that maybe I had sold them and others mention that maybe I was finally ready to lead them. Though none of those comments are true, I would give up this society that our parents built and especially since this felt like the only thing I had left of my mother besides the manor. Obviously I'm not ready to lead yet, I don't think I can handle the loads or pressure and decision making. At least not now but I will someday..just not with all of this going on, I need to handle this situation first and then maybe I'll be ready then.

Thedore was now walking next to me and he leaned in next to my ear, "You cannot tell anyone about this, and just know that everyone will be expecting a lot from you". I nodded to Theo and we made our way up the stage and he left my side to go talk infront of the podium.

Sebastian stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, "It's going to be fine, we are here to help you go through this". I liked that he is very comforting but this isn't why I felt bumped out. It's the fact that people will think I'am a monster and I won't be able to say why is it that I'am acting the way I am, becuase I'am doing all of this to protect the ones that mean a lot to me. Some part of me feels that I will end up losing those peopelp becuase they won't understand.

Throughout the rest of the meeting I zooned out, Cornelius and Theodore did most of the talking. They basically just explained what was going on and what I was set out to do and what they should be doing in the mean time.

I expected this summer to be fun, realxing and spend time with my siblings. But no I woukd spend my whole summer traning to prepare myself. Maybe if I'm not so tired I can spend my free time with my siblings and just enjoy at least a couple more moment with them before they think I've finally made my chioce on being the evil little girl my father created. I have to make it seem real and I will end up losing them again and my friendships also but that doesn't matter now becuase I've made a choice already and I'm doing this so my siblings can finally come out of hidding.

A couple hours later~

I walk in through the back door and through the kitchen doors. The meeting was longer than I expected and I was held back to talk about the training I would be put into. Sebastian left after the meeting ended so I'm guessing he's asleep now, so I had nobody to talk to anymore.

I drag my feet up the stairs and decided to stop by and check if Ethan is up. I know I'm not suppose to tell anyone about this but I feel like if I want to save my bond with my siblings, Ethan is the one who could help me with that.

I quietly knock on the door and I hear a chair slide and the door slowly opens. "Ethan I need to talk to you pleaseeeee", I throw my head back to show how badly this conversation needed to happen.

"Come in", he whispered softly and opened the door wide enough for me to slip in. "Do you even know what time it is?", his voice sounded a bit concerned.

I shook my head. "It's 3 in the morning", my eyes widened. I couldn't believe this whole meeting lasted so long and I need to me training tomorrow at 11am.

"Remember there's a meeting I needed to go to?". I gave him a questionable look for not remembering that I had plans.

"Well there must've been a lot of things said, since it lasted this long". Ethan rubbed his eyes and yawned, he's tired so I thought it's best to just get straight to the point and let him sleep.

"That's why I'm here...". Now he looked fully awaked but worried.

"The ministry needs our help, that we can work together and bring down father and end all of this terror once and for all". Ethan smiled that this would finally be over but it quickly disappeared when he saw that I wasn't as happy. "But..in order to do this I need to go with father and get as much information as I can and then the ministry will help to bring him down".

I looked down at my hands and start to twist my ring between my finger. "I'm not even supposed to be telling you this...nobody can know. We need to make this believable so father can fall for it". We sat in silence for a moment, I guess I was waiting for Ethan to lash out on me but it nothing back out of his mouth. Instead he pulled me into a tight hug, the type of hug when your scared to let someone go.

"Don't go". His voice cracked trying to hold himself from breaking down.

"I have to..we did an unbreakable vow. But I came here to ask you that it's your turn to look out for them now". I pulled away and Ethans face is red and his eyes are all watery but he didn't fight me. Ethan just simply nodded and I walked out of his room, and when I closed the door I could hear him crying softly.

I just walked away and headed towards my room, yet some part of me wanted to go back but I can't. I need to stay strong and not let things like this get to me. I'll be faced with much worse things and I just have to learn to deal with it, plus this will only be temporary and before you know it we will be living a happy life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.1K 63
Genevieve Grindelwald and Tom Riddle have now left Hogwarts, and it's time for them to start their quest to gain ultimate power. But with every Horcr...
1.4K 59 51
the long lost daughter of severus snape has arrived at hogwarts. azkaban-deathly hallows 2 draco malfoy fanfic <3 & harry potter fanfic 🫢 love tri...
32.8K 883 34
Series in Editing! After the battle in the Ministry, Leah is left for dead in Azkaban. While she's in Azkaban, things take a toll on her, and if she...
25.4K 573 54
Tom Riddle, Aka Voldemort, and Bellatrix Lestrange have a baby girl. When Harry 'defeats' Voldemort the first time round and Bellatrix is placed in...