Alan rickman characters one s...

By sips___tea

This is a collection of Alan Rickman character one-shots which are safe for work as I have a NSFW Alan rickma... More

Colonel Brandon - (1) 🐴
Hans - (1) 🔫
Sheriff Of Nottingham - (1) 🥄
Lionel - (1) 🦁
Turpin - (1) ⚖️
Jamie - (1) 🎼
Severus - (1) 🧙🏻‍♂️
Severus - (2) 🧙🏻‍♂️
Alexander - (1) 👽
Sinclair - (1) 🍰
Colonel Brandon - (2) 🐴
Sheriff Of Nottingham - (2) 🥄
Turpin - (1) ⚖️

Obadiah Slope - (1) 🛐

1.9K 49 4
By sips___tea

(Not part of the jealous series)

You and your husband had just arrived in Barchester with the new bishop and his wife. You and Obaidah had married a few months before the Bishop got the job at Barchester and so now here you were sitting with Obadiah in your new room. It was very spacious and larger than the last one you had with him.

"Is this room satisfactory?" he asked

"Very" you said smiling and looking around again. There was a stained glass window so you got up from the bed and went closer to it, running your fingers across it. Obadiah got up also and followed you, leaning over as you touched the glass.

"Beautiful" you murmured.

"It is darling" he said, his face close to yours.

"I thank the Lord that the bishop got this job" you said.

"Thank the Lord indeed" Obadiah repeated. You turned around to face Obadiah as he looked down at you, his eyes flashed. Suddenly his lips were on yours and he was pushing you into the wall next to the stained glass window. Your heart fluttered and you breathed heavily as Obadiah kissed you deeply. After a time he let go and stared at you, his eyes close to yours, your noses almost touching. "My sweet innocent angel" he murmured. "I love you so"

"I love you too Obadiah" you murmured, holding onto his waistcoat, keeping him close to yourself.

The first Sunday arrived and your husband was preaching. You knew his preaching was unorthodox. His views were low church, being against music and paintings in the church, seeing them as distractions to the gospel. You enjoyed these things but understood Obadiah's opinion and listened to him as he talked on the subject, you noticed when he did his eyes lit up. You put that out of your mind as you walked into the church and saw the large congregation starting to move towards the pews. You followed the crowd and took a seat next to two women.

"Good morning" you said with a smile.

"Good morning" the two said in reply. "Are you new to Barchester?" one asked.

"I am" you said with a smile. "I am Mrs (y/n) Slope"

"The Bishops Chaplin's wife?" one asked.

"I am yes" you answered.

"Well I am Mrs Susan Grantly and this is Ms Eloner Bold" she said.

"It is very good to meet you, Ms Grantly, Ms Bold" you said

"It's a pleasure" they said.

"Have you met my husband?" you asked.

"We have not" Elenor said. "But I am sure we will have the pleasure too sooner or later"

There was a small silence until you started to talk again. "I have heard that the composer Mr Harding works at this parish" you said. "I love this music"

"Do you?" Elenor asked.

"He is our father" Susan said

"How wonderful" you said, your eyes twinkling in delight. "If I do not get to meet him after the service please send my warmest regards"

"We shall" Susan said, nodding in approval.

The church hushed as the service started. You were treated to some of Mr Harding's music then your husband stood to preach. He totally slagged off Mr Harding's music and put his low church views to the full. You were embarrassed, this would ruin your relationship with everyone in the parish now. You sang a few more hymns, communion was given out and then the final blessing. You had a slight bone to pick with your husband and you got sent a look by Susan and Elenor. You had very little in life, being a woman and having a job, so you built happy relations and created great friends, however, this was not the finest of start.

You decided to go looking for Mr Harding. Getting up after the service, the organ playing merrily you found him, just leaving the office. "Mr Harding?" you asked.

"Yes?"

"I am Ms (y/n) it is lovely to meet you" you said.

"And you too my dear" he said.

"I just wanted to say thank you for your music. I have just moved here and was overjoyed when I discovered you work at the cathedral here" you said. "I have sung much of your work"

"Thank you" he said. "I am so glad that my work has touched the hearts of people" his eyes twinkled and a smile rested on his lips.

"I must go" you said, bowing slightly. "Thank you"

"You're welcome, my child" he said. "If you ever want to see some of my works in progress you need just to send a letter" he winked cheekily and you grinned.

"You are too kind"

"Not at all" he said and shook your hand. "It has been lovely to meet you"

"And you too" you said. You watched him walk away and suddenly felt a presence behind you.

"You have met Mr Harding" Obadiah stated.

"I have" you said, watching him walk toward the end of the church. "I quite like him. He reminds me of my late grandfather"

Obadiah didn't comment, instead turning as the Bishop and his wife approached him.

Mr Harding was overjoyed, he had a fan. This helped to relieve the pain he felt due to the sermon and when he met with his daughters he was much happier than when he left the office.

"I see you met Mrs Slope" Susan said.

"Mrs Slope?" he asked. "Are you saying that this intolerable man is married?"

"To Ms (y/n)" Susan said.

Mr Harding's face dropped. "The same Ms (y/n) who praised my music as I came out of the office"

"She said to give you her warmest regards before the service, apparently she enjoys your music" Susan said. "Well she must not be lying"

"Lying about what?" Mr Harding asked.

"Lying about liking your music" Susan said. "I looked at her throughout the sermon, she did not seem to know it. She also doesn't seem the type to be polite due to her husband's wishes"

"I am not sure what you are getting at" Mr Harding said, thinking

"She does seem like a fine and beautiful woman" Elenor said, trying to stop the theorising that Slope told you to be kind about Mr Harding. "Inside and out"

"I wonder what brought her to meet Mr Slope?" Mr Harding asked.

"We may never know" Susan said.

"Let us go" Mr Harding said. "We can talk more of this matter over tea. The two nodded and they all walked out.

You watched as Slope got out of his robes and hung them up next to the multitude of others.

"You offended Mr Harding" you said.

"Offended?" Obadiah asked.

"Yes, you insulted his music to his congregation" you said.

"You know my views poppet" he said.

"I do" you said. "I just think you should have been more gentle"

Obadiah stalked over to you and cupped your cheek. "I believe it was sincere which was needed" he said. "And anyway, I am going over to Mr Harding's abode in twenty minutes"

"I will get back to the house" you said.

"Good girl" he said, kissing your cheek gently. You giggled at the nickname and he smirked, moving his lips to yours and pushing you against the curtains of were the robes where kept, meaning you felt into the wooden structure, the thick green curtains doing nothing to stop your fall as you hit your head on the wooden bottom of the robe rack.

"Poppet?" Obadiah asked worriedly. He pushed his hand through his pristine hair and managed to pull you up and into your arms. "Silly Poppet" he muttered, stroking your hair. "I will have to cancel the meeting to look after you" he caressed your cheek. "Are you dizzy?" he asked.

"A little" you mumbled.

"Then take my arm when you stand okay?"

You nodded and let you stand and grabbed your arm. Quickly he wrote a note to be posted and together you walked toward the Harding residence, posting the small note through the door he led you home and to bed.

"I am fine now" you grumbled.

"I don't want my wife hurt" Obadiah said. "So lay down and rest" you sighed and nodded, getting under the covers. Obadiah joined you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "Rest my dear and I will recite to you some bible verses. You nodded and closed your eyes as Obadiah started reciting a bible passage while watching your face as you relaxed into his arms. You were so perfect, his angel, a gift from the Lord himself. Obadiah stroked your hair and watched you as you snuggled into his warm and firm chest. Obadiah pulled you further in and together you drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 26.4K 89
harry potter oneshots {requests closed} ~ x readers WARNING !! earlier chapters don't have trigger warnings, start reading from the 'read me!safe sp...
2.1K 82 8
Sturniolo triplets one shots. No y/n smut or romance. Requests are open but I won't use all of them. Open to triggering topics.
12.6K 517 117
This is my second one shot book for Aris because he deserves it.As always I take requests, but I don't write smut.Just tons of fluff and angst. ~Enj...
19.5K 273 13
A collection of all the one-shots I've written about Harry Potter. There will be no warnings in chapters but notice that some (most/almost all) will...