Ava's World

By dream_outlouddd

After a terrible break up with her boyfriend, we get inside of Ava's World and how she's handling her busines... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Harmonys Journey Sequel
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Wedding Dresses
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Boys or Girls?
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Fighting for Joy
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Upcoming Books
Chapter 63
Thank Yall
Chapter 64
Guessing Game
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Guessing Game
Chapter 67
Guessing Game
Chapter 68
Chapter 68 Reaload!
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Q&A
Chapter 71
Chapter 71 Reload
Q&A
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 73

Chapter 6

15.9K 821 142
By dream_outlouddd

"Hello!" I said answering my office phone.

Today is my first day in business as an official business owner. I decided to listen to my father and open up my pastry shop and bakery after I got numerous orders from my dad's workers and colleagues. I made sure he didn't tell them I was his daughter so that I'd get everyone's honest opinion.

"Good Morning." My sister Aniya said through the phone.

"Hey." I said. I haven't spoken to her in what seems like forever. After the day I was released from the hospital. I needed time to distress and be to myself.

"I miss you Ava." She told me.

"I miss you too." I told her.

"Can I come over tonight?"she asked.

"Yes, I'm still at mom and dad's." I informed her.

"I know. The girls want to come too. Can they?" She asked.

"Yes. But I've got to go." I told her as a customer came into my store.

"Good Morning. Welcome to Ava Vita, I'm Ava how can I help you today? " "I said going to the front.

"Hello Ava." The man said smiling.

I smiled back. "Hello." I said.

"I'm looking for a cake. My daughters birthday is tonight, and I sort of forgot." He said.

I looked at him alarmed. "Oh my." I said looking him up and down. He's a business man of some sort.

"God I sound like a jerk. I didn't mean that. My sisters daughter and she died but I never knew about her or the child until Child Services dropped Adabelle at my door step a month ago." He explained.

"Okay, well what would you like?" I asked.

"A cake. Or whatever you can make within three to four hours and have delivered to me if possible." He said.

"Do you know what she likes? Favorite colors and her age and about how many people will you be having at her birthday function ." I asked.

"She likes pink a lot, she's gonna be four, about ten to fifteen people and she's super creative. My mother will be decorating the house with a barbie theme in mind. If that helps." He said smiling.

I smiled back." Okay, I can get something done. What kind of cake would you like?" I asked.

"Her favorite is strawberry cake or pink as she likes to call it." he said with a chuckle.

"Okay." I said quickly drawing my ideas down on paper of what I think I can do. All simple but pretty and really neat cake designs.

"I like it a lot." He said nodding.

"Okay, I'll put the order in. Fill this paper work out your name, address, phone number and spell out your baby girls name on the sheet as well please." I told him.

"Thank you. How much do I owe?" He asked

"I'm delivering so One eighty five." I said totaling the calculations.

"You're charging me 185 for that cake you just drew out?" He asked almost yelling.

I flinched a little at his loudness.

"You're a god send! The other companies are charging three hundred easily for a two tier cake with just white frosting." He said.

I laughed a little relieved. "Okay, Mr.A. I'll be at your home at an half hour to five. So I can set up the cake." I said.

With every event I do I go early and set up the cake stands that I design specifically for the event and because it's a little last minute I'll have to do it at his home.

"Fine by me. Dang, I better get out of here." He said checking his phone.

I smiled and nodded. "Have a good day." I said and went to the back. Working on this cake should be fun.

Once I was done with baking the cake, in between customers coming in I realized I have two hours left. I did pretty good. Preparation really works.

I sat at the window to the left, which was made for me to frost and design so that I'd grab peoples attention and possibly gain customers.

I began to frost the first tier and then the second. I noticed I had drawn a little crowd. I smiled and waved my hand for them to come on in.

"Hi, welcome to Ava Vita." I said.

"Hello, I saw you in the window and I couldn't stop staring! I'm craving a good cupcake and a doughnut." The woman told me rubbing her baby bump.

"Okay. I have a menu of what I have today. You can choose from them. Have a seat." I said leading her to a table and passing her a doughnut and cupcake menu.

"I'd like a sugar doughnut and a Peanut butter truffle cupcake." She told me. "Ohhh and the Banana. Walnut cupcake." She yelled out as I went to the back.

"That'll be 8.25." I said.

"Here you go." She said handing me a twenty dollar bill.

"These look delicious." She said marveling at the cupcakes I had put in a small box.

"Thank you. If you'd like you can stay here and eat them." I said. Handing her the change and receipt.

"I sure will. I'll eat the cupcakes and save the doughnut. My husband would have my head if he knew I was here."she said.

"Oh goodness. Is this your first?" I asked referring to her belly.

"Our second. Our first baby didn't make it, so Harry has been really strict about my eating and how much I walk and almost everything else." She explained a little saddened.

I nodded my head knowing the feeling of losing a child.

"But I've been craving like crazy. I work out twice a week so it shouldn't be so bad." she said biting into the cupcake.

I chuckled at her reaction.

"You've got to do my baby shower! These are more than great." She told me.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

"No thank you. I'm Annabelle by the way." She said.

"I'm Ava." I said siting in the seat next to her.

The rest of my day went on with a few hitches. I had more than fifty customers my first day. I feel if I advertise the right ways, more will come and I'm excited about that.

"Hello." I said picking up my phone.
"Ava, hello. This is Jonathan, from earlier in your store." He informed.

"Oh yes, hi Mr.A I'm at your place. Just pulled up." I informed.

"Okay, great. Addyy is so excited. I'll buzz you right on in." He told me.

He buzzed me inside and his gates opened. I drove up the long path way to see him and another guy standing outside side by side.

I quickly got out of my car, and went to the back of the car.

"Oh don't worry about that Ava. We've got it. Go on inside Abbys excited to see you." He said to me.

"You told her about me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I told her the woman who baked her birthday cake was coming and she told me that she was exited to meet the cake fairy." He said chuckling.

"Aww! I'm the cake fairy." I said twirling around in a circle and then going inside.

"Belle! The cake is here!" An older woman said

A little girl with a pink and black dress came around the corner.

"Hello Adabelle." I said smiling.

"Hi." She said smiling a little

"I'm Ava, I made your cake." I said

"You're Ms. Cake Fairy!" She said throwing her hands around my neck.

"Yes, if that's what you'd like to call me." I said chuckling. "You ready to see your cake?" I asked.

"Yes! Yes!" She said clapping her hands together.

"Okay, well how about you and grandma go in your room. I'll let you know when everything's nice and set okay?" I asked.

"Yes. Nana come on! We can play tea while we wait." She said grabbing her hand.

"I see you're good with kids."" Joshua said.

"Yes, I suppose." I said with a nod of my head.

"You have any?" He asked.

"No." I said grabbing the table cloth and cake tray off of the cart with all of my things.

"Oh okay. What is it that you're doing?" He asked.

"I am just setting up her table. It makes the cake and the decor look better." I informed.

"Okay, thank you by the way." He said to me.

I turned around and smiled nodding." Thank you. You were my first customer." I said.

"Your first? Really?" He asked.

"Yes. The very first." I said with a smile.

Once I got everything set, I looks at the scenery. I draped pearls around and on the cake table and made sure the cake looked as even as possible.

"How are you liking it?" I asked

"It looks great. Let's see what my Addy thinks." He said going to get her. I checked the time, 6:30 my phone read. I started to gather all of my equipment. Their party starts in a little and I don't want to be in the way.

I decided to bring a smaller cake for her as well so she could have for another time.

"Ms. Cake Fairy!" Addy said stoping at the door and putting her hand over her mouth dramatically.

"You like it?" I asked.

"It's beautiful! The best by far!" She informed me and hugged my legs. I bent down and hugged her fully.

"I'm glad you like it. I'm gonna get going before your party starts." I said smiling at her.

"Oh but Ms.Ava you mustn't leave." She said sighing.

"I must. How about tomorrow you have your daddy bring you to my bakery for some treats, that way you can talk to me all about your party and let me know how you and your guests liked the cake deal?" I asked her.

"Yes deal. We can have a tea with hot chocolate?" She asked.

"Yup. What ever you'd like." I said smiling at her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and as I was making my way out, I found Jonathan.

"Hey, aren't you staying?" He asked.

"No. But I'd love it if you an Adabelle could come by the shop tomorrow. So we can hang out. Tonight, I have to prep for tomorrow and my parents are waiting up." I said.

"Aww man. Okay." He said kidding. "Let me walk you out. I've got my wallet." he said.

"Okay. Good Night you all." I said to the few unknown people in the kitchen.

They responded with good byes and good nights and we walked outside.

"Here you go" Joanthan said handing me two hungered fifty dollars.

"This isn't right One eighty five" I told him.

"Gas and a tip." He said.

I shook my head and nodded.

"Thank you. Come by the shop tomorrow around noon" I told him.

"Will do" he told me. I drove off and was on my way back home.

Today, was a good first day!

A/N

Hey y'all! I updated this first because I kind of feel like I've been slack on this book. That's the last thing I wanted to do!

25 comments for next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 24 19
A girl goes through various emotions as she tries to make it through a hard life, where everyone she knows either betrays her or hurts her physically...
183K 4.2K 31
Just read🍭
88.5K 2.6K 36
hurt people hurt people...
6.9K 735 20
Iman Thompson, a victim of domestic violence learns to love and appreciate life again when the life once drenched out of her is restored and given a...