The Library (Armin Arlert x R...

By viridii__

•MODERN AU. PAST LIVES. NOT A SMUT. Only hints of smut. Contains spoilers for all of the anime so make sure y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Thank you note

Chapter 18

4.7K 230 867
By viridii__

((HERE SORRY FOR THE ABRUPT ENDINGS OK IM REALLY BAD AT ENDING CHAPTERS AHAHDBSHD))

"Armin, let's dive in the deep end!" I ran all the way down the pool room, Armin still holding onto my hand and trying to keep up.

"The- the sign says no running, (Y/N)!

"It also says 'no entry past 8 pm' but look at us now, blondie!" I stopped at the end of the deep side. The diving board was closed so that's out of our options. I looked over at Armin and he looked to me nervously.

"What are you planning...? Our friends are over there." He pointed to the rest of our group with his free hand but still looked at me.

"...on the count of three, we jump."

"WHAT-"

"One..."

"(Y/N)!"

"Two..."

"WHY-"

"Because you aren't even trying to escape! Three!"

We jumped into the pool hand-in-hand, only letting go to swim back up to the surface. I wiped the water away from my eyes and looked at Armin's pouty face. He had a soft glow to him and it was probably because the lighting in here wasn't that strong, I could barely see the floor without looking with goggles.

"I wanted to show you my flamingo floatie..." He whined, looking iver to the floatie on the other side of the pool.

"Well, you're showing me now! It's cute!" I smiled at the floatie and waved at the rest of the group. "I don't think they wanna come to this end- looks like this is our camp!"

"but..." Armin looked around our side of the pool disappointed. "...there isn't anything over here. It's just us."

"Which is all I need!" I added and he blushed, looking into the pool water with a smile.

"...Hey, (Y/N), I've been meaning to tell you some-"

"Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie! You came!" Eren shouted, causing Armin and I to look at the door. Armin sighed.

"Maybe next time."

I frowned but didn't bother to force it out of him. I mean at this point we both know we like one another. Does it really need to be said? I don't think so.

"Annie is so pretty, isn't she?" I looked at her in awe, talking to myself and forgetting Armin was even there.

"Huh? Oh...yeah, she's a pretty person. Why? Do you wanna go talk to her? I don't think the two of you have really met yet."

I nodded over to him and he eagerly waved the three over. The three strolled over to me after setting up on the bleachers. Reiner jumped into the pool while Bertholdt and Annie stayed on the land, sitting on the edge and dipping their legs in the water.

Reiner polled up right infront of me and I moved back a bit.

"Hey there, pretty, don't think we've officially met! I'm already assuming you know our names since we know yours." Reiner semi-introduced himself. Armin swam a bit closer to me, but stayed right behind me. I could feel Armin and Reiner give some sort of mutual look. Reiner nodded and held his hands in the air, showing that he'll back off.

'Have I just been claimed? Not that I mind-'

"Yeah..." I nodded slowly and looked over to Armin, who was looking at Annie and Bertholdt, who were holding hands. "Oooh..."

"Yeah, helped them get together a few weeks ago. Honestly though I've still got my eyes set on Historia." He smirked down at me bit looked across the room where the rest of the gang were at. "And she doesn't seem to be here. Oh well."

He shrugged and swam iver to Bertholdt and Annie, grabbing the two by their legs and pulling them into the water with him.

I laughed and swam back a bit, bumping into Armins chest. We just started to laugh together as we saw Annie's grumpy face and Bertholdt's scared one after they resurfaced.

"Let's go play pool basketball!" Reiner swam ahead to join the rest of the group by the pool hoop.

"Pool ball..." I said quietly to myself. I've never been the best with pool sports, but I'm a pretty strong swimmer.

"I'm  actually really good at it!" Armin said proudly, grabbing my hand this time. "C'mon, I wanna show you!"

The cute look in his eyes when he gets excited wouldn't let me say no even if I wanted. I let him put me on his shoulders and he dragged took me over to the shallow end.

"Okay, team Jean and team Eren!" Jean announced, skimming over us. "I pick...Armin, (Y/N), Annie, and Sasha!"

"Well I pick Mikasa, Bertholdt, Reiner, and Connie!"

We each got to our spots and watched as Jean and Eren decided who would get the ball first.

Jean got it first, and honestly, ts safe to say Armin and Annie carried our team. I made a shot but it wasn't much important since it was worth one at the most. I sighed after I missed my third shot, utterly disappointed in myself. I had literally thrown it out side of the pool. Connie decided to get out and grab the ball while the rest of us waited.

"Hey, you're all good." Armin reassured me with a smile, resting a hand on my left shoulder. "I think you said you've never played pool basketball before. It's harder than real basketball, if I'm being honest."

"Catch!" Connie yelled at no one in particular, but it hit Armin straight in the face with a loud impact sound. I panicked as Armin went underwater.

Then I waited.

And waited.

But he didn't come back up. I don't know if it was my lack of sense of time that made me think he was under for ages or because he was genuinely under for longer than he should have been.

I panicked, and when I panic I get a little pissy. I looked to Connie with a glare.

"Hey, baldie! Before you throw a fucking BALL at someone, make sure they know!" Connie apologized and jumped back into the shallow end of the pool.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes in the chlorinated water. It stung a little, but I had to find him.

I panicked more when I didn't see him anywhere, the dim lighting wasn't really helping my case.

I resurfaced to take a deep breath and at the same time, Armin resurfaced in the deep end, holding the ball above his head.

He swam over to me and handed me the ball.

"Sorry I took so long, the ball rolled over to the deep end and it's really dark down there..."

"You jerk, making me worry over you like that!" I pinched his cheek.

"Hey!" He responded and held a hand over his pink cheek, looking down to me with a frown.

"Hey, you kids! What the hell are you doing here?!"

A voice yelled from the other side of the doors, but they clearly didn't know the password to get in. Armin looked to the voice and dragged me over to the stairs, sitting m out of the pool and climbing out after. My friends scattered, but blondie stayed with me.

He grabbed threw me over his shoulder as well as my towel and held his other in his free hand.

"Oh my God-" I said in shock. I knew he was strong, but not this strong.

He ran to the men's locker room and pushed open the door, running down the opposite hall of where the male staff member stood, not once looking back.

We were the first ones out and my friends were far behind.

He pulled my dorms key card out of the bag and opened the door with it, rushing in with my and closing the door behind us. He caught his breath and looked at me to make sure I was okay.

"You good?" He asked.

"Mhm..." I replied as he set me down gently, drying his hair off with his towel. "Thanks...I'm just a little dizzy-"

"I'm so sorry- I just didn't want to risk you getting caught. You didn't really look like we wanted to be there at first and let me tell you, neither did I." He chuckled."I just wanted to be there cause you were gonna be there."

Armin stood just a few inches away from me, looking down, towel resting around his shoulders...wet hair slowly dripping onto the floor.

He placed his arms at my sides, effectively pinning me to the wall...but leaving me with enough space to where I didn't feel trapped.

He would cup my cheek with his hand, tilting my head up to where we locked eyes.

It was as though my breath was snatched away, anticipation filling every inch of my body.

'Is he about to confess?'

His lips parted, face serious— as if he were about to spill something meaningful to me. This has to be it.

Out of no where, footsteps could be heard running down the hall.

Armin let a long, drawn out sigh, his hands dropping to his sides.

"...I gotta get back to my room, I just know Sasha would interrupt me before I could even finish saying what I wanted to say."

"Right..." I replied disappointedly. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

"Good night, (Y/N)."

"Good night, Armin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 220 6
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 He'...
6.2K 238 6
eren jaeger x latina!reader slight!jean x latina!reader disclaimer! : ANYONE CAN READ THIS STORY! you don't have to latine to read, so EVERYONE ple...
528K 20.8K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...
5.7K 269 15
Jean Kirstein has no interest in girls. He'd tried dating and found himself often bored before the end of the evening. Competing for captain of The U...