Deep Down | BTS |

By sleepingbearandbunny

Jae, unlike everyone else, has nothing against the hybrid species. She likes being alone, where she is safe f... More

Intro
Embarrased
Her
Jamais Vu
Everything Goes
Love is Not Over
For You
Stay
Moon
Boy in Luv
What do you think?
Scenery
Sea
Change
Seesaw
Moving On
I'm Fine
Anpanman
Anpanman Pt. 2
Begin
Fake Love
Lie
We Are Bulletproof
Look Here
Shadow
Autumn Leaves
Trivia: Love
Promise
DNA
Save Me
Awake
I Need U
Run
Daydream
Your Eyes Tell
Winter Flower
The Truth Untold
Like
Filter
24/7 Heaven
Let Go
First Love
First Love Part 2
War of Hormone
Stay Part 2
My Time
Blue Side
Do You Think It Makes Sense?
Epiphany🔞
Make It Right🔞
Make it Right Pt. 2🔞
Home
Fly to my Room
Singularity
Singularity Part 2🔞
Blood, Sweat, and Tears
Blue and Grey
Abyss
Abyss Part 2
Wings
Stay Alive
Stay Alive Part 2
Louder than Bombs
Yet To Come🔞
Epilogue: Young Forever🔞

Stigma

9.1K 489 65
By sleepingbearandbunny

Tae's P.O.V

It was like I was trapped in my worst nightmare I couldn't wake up from. Namjoon was gonna kill me. No, they were all going to kill me. If I didn't die now, that is. I had heard them calling my name.

They sounded angry, confused. I knew it was wrong to leave them there without any warning, but my body acted before I could even think. I heard pleas for help, and it reminded me of the time when this happened to me before. A massacre happened and I ran away. I let people die. I couldn't ignore it. Not this time.

Once again, Jae surprised me by her actions. I didn't know she would feel the need to follow me, and I certainly didn't think she'd ask to help me. I knew she was just as stubborn as me, so asking her to leave again would just be pointless.

That, and now that she was here with me, there was no way I was letting her out of my sight. When she was on my back, I could feel myself flushing over the fact that I could feel her chest against me. It seemed like she had heard my thoughts earlier, and I prayed that wasn't the case, especially now.

I pushed those thoughts out of my mind and tried to focus my hearing. Besides the roaring fire, and occasional shouts from HHA soldiers that I heard in the distance, I let the sobs of distress guide me towards another cage. I had given Jae the keys, so I waited for her to get off. I also loved the fact that she didn't even ask where I had gotten them, or how.

Don't worry, we're here to help you. She's a friend. I said to the frightened panda hybrids in the cage. So far, it seemed like more rare species were being locked up, while others... I emitted a low growl from my throat. The thought of so many innocents being murdered, and for what?

How did they even find this place? More importantly, how did they even get in? All of the questions that would probably remain unanswered were giving me a headache. The cage opened, and the pandas ran free immediately without a word. I didn't need their thanks. I just wanted them to be free.

"I hope they said thank you." she mumbled, climbing on my back again. Once I knew she was securely on me, I raced toward the other cage. It wasn't too much farther away, and I could hear a familiar type of cry that made my heart seize up in my chest. More tiger hybrids like me. The smoke was getting more thick in this particular area, and so I crouched lower to the ground so Jae and I could breathe easier.

It was a miracle we hadn't run into more trouble up until now. I saw the tigers in the cage, they looked older than me, but they weren't elderly. I heard Jae gasp and the tigers started growling at her and me.
We're here to help you. I said, trying to appease them.

I tried to stay calm as Jae made her way to the door, but they were being really aggressive, even towards me, which I didn't understand. I didn't feel comfortable with Jae opening the door to their cage now, as they could harm her. I was walking over when they roared in my direction, causing me to hear a small click behind me and my ears twitched.

"What are you doing out of your cage?" A soldier. I growled in anger, mostly at myself for not being able to sense him nearby. "I don't want to shoot you, since you're one of the rarer ones. So don't make me do it, beast." Could he not see the cage from here? Was Jae and the others' presence unknown? If that were the case, he would have surely addressed her by now.

I bared my teeth at him, making sure to keep his focus on me. I heard the cage door open, and he looked up and past me, telling me he had heard it too. "What the.." as he reached for his walkie, I pounced on him. I was damn lucky he was a lousy shot.

Still, I underestimated the man. Just when I was about to bite into his shoulder, I felt a tingly sensation near my stomach, and then I started to shake uncontrollably. The pain surged through my body and I fell onto my side, twitching. Fuck... He had a taser. I felt paralyzed, and the man looked down at me, breathing heavily. The smoke was starting to clear a little, and I was worried about where Jae was.

Did she leave? Did the other tigers hurt her? He bent down next to my head, and I roared loudly at him. He didn't even flinch. "Not so tough now are you, big guy?" He stepped over me and started walking towards where the cage was. I could still see him, as I was facing that direction. I could see the outline of the cage, and I saw a pair of familiar feet behind the soldier. My heart started racing as I saw them inch closer. What is she doing??

His feet went to turn around, but he never finished the motion. I heard a heavy thud, and I saw him collapse in the dirt. I heard her drop whatever she had hit him with, it sounded like metal, and I saw her run towards me. I tested to see if I could shift back, to tell her I was alright.

It took a lot of strength but I managed to do so, and I felt her put her hands on my chest and arm. I saw her panicked expression and strangely it made me laugh. My body ached from the shocks, and the laughter made me inhale more smoke and I coughed.

"Why are you laughing right now?" she asked exasperated. I wanted to touch her face, but I still couldn't move my arms. "I'm okay, Jae. Really. A little taser isn't going to kill me-" A cough attack interrupted my sentence. Although, I could start feeling my arms again. "I can walk, but you gotta help me up. Can you do that?" I asked her. She paused, but she nodded, looking determined. I loved it when she had that look in her eyes.

I propped my legs up so my feet were flat on the floor, and she hooked her arms under mine. Truthfully, I was worried that even with my legs helping her out, she wouldn't be able to lift me up. If I've learned anything up until now about my soulmate, it's that she is full of surprises. Suddenly, I was on my feet.

It was short lived however, as I couldn't find my balance and she had pulled a little too hard towards herself. Next thing I knew, we had fallen back down to the floor, and I was on top of her with a thud. Once she opened her eyes, it was like I was tased again, minus the pain. I felt like I couldn't move. I felt entranced as she looked like she was fighting off a smile, a smile that could cure any disease, any wound or any ailment possible.

"Tae.." she whispered. I could barely hear her, but surely she hadn't meant for her voice to sound as sultry as it had. Her soft gaze was doing something to me. I knew we had to run, I knew we couldn't stay there forever, but in that moment I wanted to. The dim light from the fire was only making her features more enticing, and I couldn't help myself any longer as I pressed my lips onto hers.

It was hardly the time or place, I knew that, but I couldn't take it anymore. I felt her kiss me back with her soft pillow-like lips and I felt like I was flying.
It was a drug that I couldn't get enough of, and it was the hardest thing to stop, but as I felt the heat from the fire edge ever closer, I knew our time was up.

When I opened my eyes, she was looking into mine, dazed and sparkly. I smirked, and I rolled off of her and held my arms up, so she would help me up again, even though I knew I could probably get up on my own now. The smile never left my face as she pulled me up again, with a beautiful grin of her own.

"Let's get back to them." she said, and I nodded and wrapped my arm around her waist, as she did the same with me. We didn't say another word for a while, as we leaned on each other for support. We walked past the open cage, and the tigers were nowhere to be found. I saw that one of the bars from the cage looked like it was ripped off. By what, I don't know, but it was apparent that was what Jae used to knock out the soldier. Badass.

    Although I felt fine enough to walk now, I wasn't strong enough to shift yet. Which, I didn't mind, but I could tell Jae was starting to tire. Although, she would try her best not to show it, but of course I could see right through.

My heart was heavy as we passed by some hybrids who were clearly dead, and I couldn't hold back the tears that formed in my eyes. Whoever is responsible for this...they're going to pay. I'll make sure of it. I felt Jae's grip tighten on me and I could see her legs were wobbling. "We're almost there." I encouraged her. And we were, I could see the clearing where Namjoon and the others were before. I knew they wouldn't leave us behind, we just had to find them again.

I listened very closely for a voice, footsteps, a sign, anything that would give away their location. I didn't have to listen for long, as I heard a familiar voice call out to me. Taehyung! It sounded like it was coming from above me, and to my surprise, Jae looked up at the same time I did.

The white stoat was peering down at us, and as soon as he knew it was us, climbed rapidly down the tree. Follow me, quickly. Jin ordered, and we did, as to not lose sight of him. He was running extremely fast, and because he was so small, it would be easy to lose him in the wreckage.

I was worried about Jae running even more, but her eyes pressed forward, determined to continue on. I gently pulled her along to help pick up our speed, and we managed to keep up with Jin, somehow. He made no effort to slow down, which I understood. It had finally hit me that I was probably going to be severely punished for what I did. I put the whole pack in danger. No matter the situation, I was wrong to not put them first.

I briefly looked at Jae once more, and I felt another tug at my heart knowing even though she came after me of her own accord, my actions could have gotten her killed, or worse.

Soon, we were out of the forest completely, and I hadn't even realized we had been going up a hill. When we passed through the clearing, we were greeted with the sight of beautiful purple flowers. I didn't know the name of them but they were everywhere.

The sense of serenity was a contrast to the fire and death that could be seen just beyond the hill. Some sitting, and some pacing, the others were there, waiting for us. Jae's breathing had become more labored and I noticed she was leaning more of her weight on me than before.

I saw Namjoon running towards us when he noticed us, and the others turned at his reaction. Namjoon reached Jae, just as her knees gave out. Namjoon and I both caught her, and he gave me a look that made all of my hairs stand up. Jin had shifted back, looking at the whole scene with his arms crossed. Namjoon swung one of Jae's arms around his neck and picked her up bridal style.

"Joonie?" she murmured. I winced at how weak she sounded. I didn't have to look at Jin to know he had an icy glare on his face, and it was directed at me. I took my chances with the others, but they didn't make me feel much better. If Namjoon and Jin's cold looks weren't enough, Yoongi and Hobi rivaled them tenfold. I had never seen Hobi look so pissed. Jungkook avoided my gaze altogether, and Jimin just looked at me like he understood, but wasn't happy about what I had done either.

Thinking back, this was sort of a similar situation that he put himself in when we were escaping the facility. Namjoon really lectured him then, so naturally I prepared myself for the worst. I took a deep breath.

"Save it, Taehyung." Namjoon said quietly, not taking his eyes off Jae. He didn't snap, he didn't even sound angry. He just sounded tired. I swallowed hard, feeling more guilty than ever. I heard Jin sigh next to me, and I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Are you hurt anywhere? Any injuries I can't see?" he asked wearily. As much as I may have upset them, I knew they still loved me. I shook my head, trying to fight the tears that were starting to sting my eyes.

"I'm fine." I hadn't even noticed Jimin come over. I felt his arms around me, but I couldn't hug back. I knew I would start crying if I did, and he knew that too.

"How many?" he asked. I counted in my head how many hybrids I had managed to save. I wiped my nose, "I think...ten or twelve.." Jimin grinned, and I felt a hand lightly rub the back of my head, "You should be proud of that at least." I heard Jin utter, putting his hand on the top of my head for a moment. It meant a lot that he said that to me. I wiped my face, not letting any tears fall. I heard Yoongi sigh as he looked at me, "We're glad you're both alright." I nodded at him.

"We are, thanks to Tae." Jae said calmly, and I knew part of the reason she was saying that was to lesson the amount of trouble I was in. She was taking steady breathes while Hobi rubbed her back. "Just gotta catch my breath."

Namjoon frowned, but then looked at me and Jimin. I noticed his hand was bandaged up. I must have looked worried, because he reassured me that it was just a scratch.

Namjoon took a moment to look at the damage in the distance. He then looked around at the flowers that were all around us, and he looked...relieved. He sighed, and looked at everyone solemnly, "Come on, we've got a long journey ahead of us, yet again."

***********************************************

Thank you for reading and your support as always!! <3 the next "ark" if you will is starting after this, so buckle up. Things are gonna get more intense, in more ways than one!;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 575 16
Just your run-of-the-mill BTS One Shot book but with some interactive fun stuff mixed in. I have so many ideas for stories, so I thought I'd deliver...
51.7K 3.6K 23
Being locked up in a government facility wasn't exactly her idea of a good time. However, far from what she ever expected, a handsome man showed up...
182K 6K 19
You never knew that loving seven people would be so hard, but you also never thought that seven people would turn your life upside down. . . #1 in 방탄...
342K 15.9K 72
You are Yoongi's hybrid starting a new life. Fate keeps putting hybrids in your path that need your love and protection. BTS x Reader Completed 1.11...