Scream ✘ Huang Renjun

By markscult

✘ Demon Au ✘ "Oh Darling you have no idea what I'm capable of." Book 3 in the Drippin' series More

✘P R E L U D E
✘C H A R A C T E R S
✘1
✘1.2
✘1.3
✘1.4
✘1.5
✘1.6
✘1.7
✘1.8
✘1.9
✘1.10
✘1.11
✘1.12
✘1.13
✘1.14
✘1.15
✘1.16
✘1.17
✘1.18
✘1.19
✘1.20
✘1.21
✘1.22
✘1.23
✘1.24
✘1.25
✘1.26
✘1.27
✘1.28
✘1.29
✘1.30
✘1.31
✘1.32
✘1.33
✘1.34
✘1.35
✘1.36
✘1.37
✘1.38
✘ 1.39
✘ 1.40
✘1.41
✘1.42
✘1.43
✘1.44
✘1.45
✘1.46
✘1.47
✘1.48
✘1.49
✘1.50
✘1.51
✘1.52
✘1.53
✘1.54
✘1.56
✘1.57
✘1.58
✘2
✘2.1
✘2.2
✘2.3
✘2.4
✘2.5
✘2.6
✘2.7
✘2.8
✘2.9
🫶🏻

✘1.55

15.9K 1.1K 2.2K
By markscult

(This is the colour I'm going for but not exactly the style so let's just pretend it's that colour and you can imagine what style and stuff it is)

"I'm nervous...I've never been to a dance before- I don't know how to even dance Aera." Jisoo rambled on as Aera applied some makeup onto her smooth porcelain like skin.

Her lips curved up onto a smile, knowing the jittery girl was much more nervous about her date than the actual dance.

"Are you finally with that Demon- What was his name again...Renjun yet?"
"No...we aren't." Jisoo replied and Aera tsked in disapproval.
"You like him right?" She asked and Jisoo nodded but sighed.

"I just...he might still be grieving over his ex girlfriend and it isn't good for me to push myself towards him to be with him. Does that make sense?"

Aera hummed with a nod, gazing down at the girl who's hair was pin straight down her back creating a more put together look.

"You're very sweet- but...he might be ready to get into a relationship. I think you just need to talk it out."
"I guess...I'm a bit scared to get into one after..." she trailed off with her eyebrows knitting together at the thought.

"Don't worry yourself too much, if it happens then it happens, okay?"
Jisoo nodded, smiling at the woman with her glossy lips curved up and honey brown eyes glinting.

"Thank you Aera."
"No problem Darling, your jewellery is over there." She nodded over to the vanity.

"Did you really conceal my scars with a spell, is that possible?" Jisoo gawked as she looked into the mirror, twisting around to see the scars on her back concealed and the woman hummed a yes in reply.

"It will last a couple of hours, enough time just until the dance finishes."
Jisoo turned around, clasping her hands together with delight on her gleaming face.

"Thank you! I feel pretty now."

"-like a daughter to me okay? So don't even try anything-" Minho was cut off by Aera clearing her throat, causing both of the boys to look up.

With nerves dancing around her, fuelling a fire in her stomach as her trembling hand gripped onto the railing of the staircase, Jisoo began to descend down the steps.

Renjun's eyes locked onto her face before anything, her features accentuated by makeup but not too much as he could still make out her freckles adorning her skin.

She looked different with her hair straight down her back, silver earring dangling from her earlobes paired with a simple dainty silver necklace that sat prettily on her skin.

The pendant stopped just above the neckline of the lilac dress, it's bodice tight to her skin- clinging onto the inward curve of her waist where it then bloomed out airily around her.

Renjun had momentarily lost his words as his eyes stared at her, astonished by her beauty that he was holding in a breath he didn't know he had.

It was when she reached the bottom step, in front of him and when she gave him her signature sweet smile that he snapped out of his daze- a smile reaching his own lips.

He had opted for a white turtle neck instead of a shirt, a fitted one with a simple black suit over top.

"Hi." She greeted, her eyes drifted into his own dark brown ones that didn't seem to leave her.
"Hey, you look..." he swallowed down the feeling of being enchanted by her, almost as if she had casted a spell over him. "really beautiful."

Her smile on got wider, cheeks flushing even more despite the hue of blush Aera put on- thanking him as she looked over his own attire.

"You look very handsome- I don't think I've seen you in a suit."
"I don't think I ever wear suits to be honest." He replied and Jisoo laughed at him clearly feeling awkward in his clothing.

"You two should get going or you'll be late!" Aera exclaimed looking at the time and ushering the two out of the door.

Swarming around her as soon as she stepped outside, the cold air bit at her exposed skin- causing a shiver to elicit up the scars engraved in her back which were thankfully covered.

She had never shown them to anyone except Aera, she was just thankful it wasn't on show.

Jisoo was weary as she stood at the top of the concrete stairs leading down to the sloped driveway, even though it was only three steps she felt as though she would clumsily trip and fall.

Renjun noticed her hesitance and held out a hand to her, her eyes drew up to his as she let out an embarrassed smile- hand slipping in his as he guided her down the steps.

"Maybe I should've worn something shorter...": she trailed off, looking over her shoulder and the way the dress slightly dragged against the ground.

"It looks nice, the colour suits you- just make sure you don't trip."

Renjun's hand left her own and subconsciously placed itself on her lower back to urge her in front of him towards the car.
"Let's hope I don't."

The girl suddenly stopped, turning around to face Renjun who's eyebrows knitted together in confusion- maybe she had forgotten something?

Jisoo nervously brought her hand from her side up- his eyes watching her movement as her fingers clasped over the hem of his suit jacket above chest.

The human girl tentatively reached her other hand up, perching the small gorgeous lilac rose into the pocket of his jacket which correlated with her dress.

Satisfied, nodding her head with a small smile on her lips- fingers lingering on the flower as her other hand still grasped the jacket. Knuckles grazing lightly over the material of his white top, eyes averting from the pretty rose up to his eyes where she found he was already looking down at her.

Jisoo was wearing heels which caused her to be taller than she usually would be, a fleeting of warmth sparking inside her chest as his stare melted into her own eyes.

"Do you like it?" She spoke quieter given their proximity, attempting to ignore the jitters and tingles fluttering around inside of her.

She was looking up into his eyes, her soft swirls of brown infiltrating with hope and slight worry which was diminished by a nod of his head.
"It matches your dress." He observed and Jisoo nodded.

"It was on purpose." She spoke with a chuckle, her hands leaving him and a coldness flurried over to him as her warmth ceased.

"Here."

Jisoo glanced up at her open car door, eyes settling on the boy who had his hand outstretched towards her to assist her in getting up from the car without struggling too much.

"Thank you." She smiled, her hand slipping into his as he helped her up and she stumbled slightly as she gained stability with her heels clicking against the ground.

Jisoo turned her head up and squinted at him due to the harsh beaming rays of sun obstructing her view.
"Do I look okay, is anything messed up?" She asked worried and self conscious and his eyes scanned her.

Feeling the heat rise to her cheeks as she watched his eyes graze over her before they looked back into her own.
"No, it's all good."

She nodded, adjusting her amethyst bracelet and Renjun's observant stare caused him to speak up.
"Purple suits you."
"Really?" She slightly scrunched her nose up and Renjun hummed as his gaze fleeted over the car park of the venue in which people began to make their way over to the doors.

"Should we go in? The rest are already here." He commented, earning a nod from the girl who began to walk from the car and towards the building- a stride in her step which didn't go unnoticed by the one who couldn't keep his eyes off her.

"Is she here?" A voice whispered.
"Yeah, purple dress." The other replied, watching as Renjun caught up to her as they reached the stairs leading up to the building.

"Do you need some help?" His humoured tone made Jisoo shake her head but the demon didn't take her answer as valid as he offered her his arm.

"Oh how gentleman-ly of you." She mused, linking her hand around the lower part of his bicep and he snickered- throwing her a sarcastic bow of his head.

"Of course Milady."
"Doesn't it feel like we're going to some royal ball." She babbled, feeling jittery as the sound of the music could be heard from outside the doors and Renjun's lips curved up at the sight of her face lighting up.

The venue was magical, the golden hue of the setting with pink infiltrated into it as it was a representation of it's valentines theme.

Melodiously, the music fills the air with no effort drifting throughout the warm atmosphere, the sound dancing in and around every person to sync up their pulses with the rhythm- the notes causing a calming intimate scene.

As Jisoo and Renjun walked through the doors together, a few surprised and unsurprised gasps drones out due to the music.

"What a sexy view I see." Aria chimed, whistling at Jisoo who bashfully shook her head.

"You two look gorgeous!" Jisoo complimented, smiling at the two girls.
"Says you." Chaerin replied, her hand interlaced with Jisung's.

The six of them found a vacant table, Chaerin complaining about how her feet were already aching and Aria just wanted to eat all the delicacies presented on the table in the form of love inspired shapes.

"So, you two look good together." Donghyuck eyed Jisoo and Renjun causing the boy's face to darken as he sent a glare his best friend's way.

"Well, you look like shit so." Renjun replied, causing Donghyuck to gasp and turn to his girlfriend who was too busy munching on the heart shaped cookies.

"Belle, Renjun is bullying me."
"Sounds like a you problem my love." Aria muffled out unsympathetically.

"Jisoo!"

At the sound of her voice, the girl glanced over her shoulder to see the Angel's entering- Chenle waving excitedly at her.

She grinned, standing up as they reached her- seeing them all dressed up in suits reminded her of the wedding they all attended when they were around Eight years old.

"Wow, you guys look good!" She complimented, a part of her feeling severely nostalgic as she only now noticed how much they had all grown up.

"You look gorgeous." Jaemin complimented with a beaming smile, reaching over to smooth out the hair that strayed away from her back and draped in front of her shoulder.

Renjun's stare narrowed in on how his finger brushed over her collarbone, the action innocent and friendly but the Demon narrowed his glare in at the oblivious and happy Angel.

"Why don't you join us?" Jisoo's face lit up and the Angel's glanced over at the table as they all stared back- an unspoken tension resurfacing.

"No." Donghyuck, Renjun and Jisung answering simultaneously which caused Jisoo's face to fall and so did her shoulders.

Her eyes found their way back to the Angel's who sent reassuring smiles.
"It's not good for us to." Jeno answered vaguely, giving her shoulder a gentle comforting squeeze as they made their way over to some other people.

Jisoo's eyes lingered on them, the sight of them with their backs turned to her and walking away felt oddly like deja vu, as if she was reliving the moment she was dragged away from the three of them to be cast as a fallen.

She swallowed down the feeling of pain the tingled at her back at the memories resurfacing, the feeling of her friendship slowly drifting.

Turning around to face the ground who all watched her, this time she couldn't give her signature smile as she sat down in her seat- glancing at Renjun who was equally looking back at her.

Jisoo didn't hold the eye contact long, turning her head away and instead reaching for the glass of water to soothe her dry throat.

As she became immersed in her thoughts, eyes glazed over as they stared ahead of her at the pink tablecloth- a feeling of a hesitant hand on her thigh above her knee made her flinch.

Her head snapped up, the gleaming of fear swimming in her eyes but once she saw Renjun seated next to her- it diminished from sight.

It's fine, stop thinking about it.

Jisoo reminded herself, gut churning as all she could think about was the searing white pain from getting her wings brutally ripped from her.

Renjun removed his hand at her reaction, wanting to question it but decided not to.
"Are you okay?" He asked concerned and she nodded- looking down at her lap where she was anxiously picking at her nails.

His eyes trailed to her lap, hand reaching out and sliding from her wrist into one of her hands- the warmth of his skin and the contact between them caused any ill memory of her past to cease from her mind.

Palpitations of her heart increased, a hitch in her breath as his hand linked with her own- a comfort in his grip which eased her worries and Jisoo placed her other hand softly on top of his.

"You can go hang out with them if you want." He voiced and Jisoo's eyes trailed over to the Angels who were laughing happily at something their group had said- watching as one of the humans began to dance crazily.

"Hm...maybe later." She said. "They look happy."

"Are you happy?"
His question made her look away from the boys she grew up with towards the boy who had caused such an effect on her since they had met.

Her warm, admiration filled eyes gazed into his own ones that flickered with the short glimmers of insecurity and doubts.

"I am happy." She said truthfully, smiling at him and giving his hand a squeeze in reassurance to which he smiled back softly.

His eyes drifted over towards the dance floor as the song changed to a slower one and he cleared his throat gathering the courage.

"Do you want to dance with me?" He asked, hopeful of her response.
"I'd really like that." She nodded, allowing him to pull her up by their joined hands as they both walked over to the masses of couples dancing.

"Ah, young love." Donghyuck commented.

Cuties

Also you know how Renjun calls Jisoo sweetheart, what should she call him

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 5.5K 56
" I can be her sweet fantasy but your worst nightmare" Jaemin fanfic psychopath
3.1M 174K 99
━ Demon Au ━ "Do you know how much you drive me fucking insane?" Book 2 in the Drippin' series
221K 10.4K 68
○ Slice of life ○ School rebellion au ○ "you don't even smoke", "no I know, I just needed a reason to talk to you." ○ WARNING! This book contains men...
172K 6.2K 52
❝ wow jisung. you clearly didn't torment her enough...they're usually a little more...terrified ❞ ↳ wha...