Balance of Light and Dark (Na...

blackstarlove19 által

What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? Ho... Több

Chapter 1: Meeting team 7
Chapter 2: The bell test
Chapter 3: a C rank mission
Chapter 4: C rank turns A rank
Chapter 5: Climbing trees
Chapter 6: There are real heroes
Chapter 7: Rememeber me
Special no.1 Meeting Sasuke
Chapter 8: Finishing trainning
Chapter 9: Battle on the bridge
Special no.2 A mission with the jounins
Chapter 10: The jounins ambush
Chapter 11: Reuniting with friends
Chapter 12: Chunin exams
Chapter 13: Forest of Death: Encounter with a snake
Chapter 14: Forest of Death: A friend's help
Chapter 15: The perliminaries suprise
Chapter 16: Devastating news
Chapter 17: A day in the hospital
Chapter 18: A birthday party
Chapter 19: Encounters with Garaa
Chapter 20: The third exam begins
Chapter 21: Trying to fix it!
Chapter 22: The sand and sound attack!
Chapter 23:Family or Revenge?
Chapter 24: The breaking point
Chapter 25: A new enemy
Chapter 26: Mission: find the medic
Chapter 27:The Legendary sucker
Chapter 28:The bet
Chapter 29: Training to the limit!!
Chapter 30: A battle with the snake's follower!!
Chapter 31: More than one way to die!!
Chapter 32: Have to find an answer!
Chapter 33: An A rank mission
chapter 34: Old friends!
Chapter 35 : Riddles!!
Chapter 36: The tale of seven years ago!
Chapter 37 : A mission change
Chapter 38 : More flashbacks!!!
chapter 40: The target
Chapter 41: An unexpected night
chapter 42: The battle starts
Chapter 43: One vs one
Chapter 44: Sacrifice and guilt
Chapter 45:Pulling from the darkness
Chapter 46: Back
Chapter 47: New announcements!
Chapter 48: Sasuke Retrieval!
Chapter 49: Departure!
Sequel is up!!

Chapter 39 : Divide and patrol

323 15 5
blackstarlove19 által

*Beep* this is a recorded message *beep*

Hi guys this blackstar the authoress, The reason I am not here is that I don't want to be killed for updating late and the second reason is that I am uploading this between all of my work.

I am sorry for the late update but believe the entire vacation I didn't have a moment rest.

Anyway without further ado here is the new chapter please vote and comment.

Kakashi Pov

'I wasn't sure why I those two were placed together or why I was the one who ended up being the leader of their team but those two were really getting on my nerves' I thought as I tried to ignore the bickering coming from the two behind me.

We were making our way to the north side of the village and while Takao and Naruto kept throwing insults at each other. 'I swear if we weren't moving they probably would be swinging fists at each other by now'

One thing I noticed clearly as we jumped from roof to roof was really how empty the streets were.  There were only a few passers that could be easily counted on one hand; most of the houses had their windows closed as well as the doors. 'Everyone is pretty scared from the attacks; after all they're not used to any fighting'

"COULD YOU TWO SHUT UP!!!" Sakura bellowed at the two with veins on her head.

"I would if the baka would stop" Naruto replied.

"Don't you call me a baka, brat!" Takao retorted but they didn't really get any more chances as Sakura stopped turned around and hit them both on the head.

"ow!" Takao said holding his head "she's even stronger than Yumi-chan"

"You have no idea how strong she is" Naruto told him clutching his own head.

I was more focused on the scene in front of me, we were almost at the edge of the village but from this point most of the houses were destroyed, had scorch marks, or were completely burned down.

"This place…" Sakura whispered as noticed the scene.

"That's what happened during the second attack" Takao explained I noticed he clenched his hand while speaking. "This where most of the attackers came from, if it weren't for the birds of the mountain we would probably have had lots of fatalities."

"Orochimaru!! That guy has to pay for what he did!" Naruto said angrily clenching his fists.

"We'll make sure this village is peaceful again in not time you three so let's get going" I told them as I jumped off the roof.

Yumiko Pov

"Kiba, smell anything?" Asuma-san questioned as he turned to Kiba who shook her head. Asuma sighed in return as he held his cigarette in his hand.

"Since right now we've got nothing; Yumiko why don't you tell us again what happened during the attack" he told me.

"The first attack was over quickly, no one was hurt in that one I guess it was more of them scouting than attacking." I spoke quietly and timidly "The second one that was when hell broke loose, they came from the northern side in big numbers, they started by attacking and burning the houses on that side." I told them as the events of that day played in my head.

"We immediately went there we tried to fight as hard as we could, but the three of us were no match for them we needed all three of us to take down at least one of them" I continued "If it weren't for The birds of the mountain coming at the right time everyone who was in that area would probably be dead.

They used water jutsus to put down the fire and other type of jutsu t chase out the enemy while the three of us tried to get the people out of that area and helped them from the houses. It was in the middle of everything that one of the flock noticed that there were two ninjas at the stone.

By the time we made it to the stone they were gone probably found out that they can't get their hands on it just like that and from the looks of it they came from the south side"

"What do you mean they can't easily get the stone?" Shikamaru asked

"There's a barrier protecting the stone, if you haven't unlocked our kekkei genkai you can't get past it" I explained. "The barrier itself is something like a test to actually get your kekkei genkai you have to find a way to touch the stone while you can't pass it"

"It's obvious that the first attack was just a scouting mission" Asuma-san said his cigarette in his mouth and his shin in his hand "Kakashi and Hideo are handling the two sides from where the last attack happened"

"The south side is where we came from right?" Shikamaru asked to which I nodded "It's a complete open area you could easily see an enemy coming from that side, this sides is mostly forests, what about the other sides?"

"The north side is just a mountain, while the west is a forest than a mountain at the back of it" I told him

"What you thinking Shikamaru?" Kiba asked as he rested his hands behind his head, Akamaru on his head.

"If they're watching us right now they're probably on this side or on the west side" He told us "The mountain side was the side from where they attacked from before, it would be dangerous to watch from an area that is obviously considered a danger area and most of the people would be gone from there" he looked at me at his last sentence to which I nodded in confirmation.

"And like you said the south side is an open area, they can't put any watch from there" Asuma-san said

"Unless they have someone with the byakugan or a way to see for a very long distance they could be hiding in the forest further away" Shikamaru added

"So…what do we do?" Kiba asked grinning confused, I have to say I was confused myself.

The other two sighed.

"We need to check this area they could have found to cover their smells and they could be easily hiding their chakras" Asuma-san told us "We're going to split up the three of you are going to cover 3km radius in that one direction while I cover the same on the other side you done we meet up here again got it?" We all nodded saying Hai "then let's get going you see anyone you slowly get away don't fight"

We jumped into the trees the three of us in one direction while Asuma-san in the other.

"You know you were talking a bit too quiet for how you were acting yesterday" Kiba noted

"Well I'm not that good around people" I said feeling my face heat up

"Without your friends" Shikamaru added making me heat up even more before nodding

"You're pretty cute when you blush you know" Kiba said with a grin while Akamaru nodded and I felt my face heat up even more I probably looked like a tomato.

Akihiro Pov

Hinata shook her head as she stopped using her Byakugan.

"No one's around in this part too" She told us stuttering a bit. It was just the three of us right now. We had split up earlier to cover more grounds Kurenai-san went in one direction and we went in the other, we decided to check the as much as we could and be back in an hour, we still had at least a quarter of an hour.

"Let's head back" I told the two "we have just enough time to do that" we have been moving from area to area and Hinata used her byakugan to try if there was anyone around but we had no luck, but we were moving quickly, we had only a small part remaining in the forest before we would hit the mountain side.

Hinata looked down as she nodded.

"Don't look so down Hinata, we'll find them eventually" Choji tried to cheer her up

"You know he's right" I told her as we started moving "We're able to cover so much distance thanks to you"

"Thank you, Choji-kun, Akihiro-kun" She told us quietly stuttering a bit.

I couldn't really believe this was Sara's childhood friend, she used to tell us about her whenever we came together but Hinata was the exact opposite of how Sara was back then, I couldn't believe there was someone even shier than Yumi out there.

I knew that both of Choji and Hinata were childhood friends of Sara, on the other hand I wasn't surprised they didn't know about us, after all Sara wasn't allowed to talk about the village, no one was.

"Say Akihiro-san; about Yoshio-san was he really someone that would betray his family?" Choji asked "I mean I didn’t know him well and Sara seemed so hurt from it"

"Not a chance, Yoshio he cared about Sara more than anything from what I remember if it was for example her birthday and he was given a mission he would finish it up in a record time just to come back on time. He always protected her and helped her" I told them "Yoshio betraying his family is like expecting the sun to not come up the next day"

I know what Sara said was true not a chance did Yoshio betray everyone like that, to me when I only had my aunt he became my big brother, he cared for me and slowly he, Sara, Yumi and Taka helped fill the hole of having no parents.

"There is no chance Yoshio is with the enemy by his free will" I said as we kept moving.

Hiroshi Pov

"But what's the point in guarding a place like this?" Ino questioned as we stood on the south side of the village.

“Because they said that this is the direction they came from in the last attack” Shino explained but she still frowned.

“Yeah but” She objected “Why would they do same thing twice? It would be too obvious, wouldn’t it?”

“Probably” I told her “But if they thought the same way then will think of how we react to it and will still consider this a place that they can use to get access to the village, in a best case scenario they would think this at least would be the least guarded part”

While talking I was trying to see if I could sense any chakra signs around but with no luck. Most of the genins that came with us came from different clans to some extent I knew what skills they may have that was how I divided the teams based on.

“Shino, send your insects to scout the area ahead” I ordered him with a simple nod he raised his hands in front of him as the insects moved from his sleeves to the area in front of us.

While Sasuke looked indifferent, Ino cringed.

I still tried to sense for any chakra presence while looking ahead.

“Sasuke and I will go ahead to scout the area too” I told them “You wait here, if anything happens send your insects”

They nodded as Sasuke and I started running towards the forest.

“Don’t use your sharingan unless it’s absolutely necessarily” I instructed “And try not to wander off”

I knew that Orochimaru wanted the boy, so we had to keep him safe as much as Sara. That’s was why I put him on this side with me, while there was a chance they would attack from here it was highly unlikely thus the safes place for him. Also somehow protecting the last Uchiha member was important to me considering he came from the same clan as….

I sighed as I remembered her.

Sara Pov

“This is not working” I shouted frustrated as I folded my hands on my chests and stomped on the ground.

I had thought of an idea to locate the enemy from here but so far I wasn't able to do it, I think mostly because of my currently bad chakra control.sts and stombed all to m important to me cosidering  attack from here it was highly unlikely thus the s

I sighed frustrated 'Yami, What do you think?' I thought in my head trying to get her to talk for some reason ever since we came she's been pretty quiet.

'Figure it out yourself' She replied causing me to almost pop a vein.

Before I could reply though, I sensed someone climbing the shrine stairs. I turned around Just as Manami came up the last stair.

"Hey" She greeted with a closed eye smile.

"Hi?" I replied a bit confused to what she was doing here. Giving the circumstances she shouldn't be walking around like that with the possibility of an enemy around, that and a lot of our clan no longer visit the shrine. "Um, not to be rude but what are you doing here?"

"Just came to check on you" She replied with a grin, but I saw something in it, it was fake. 'So she's either an enemy in disguise or something is up'

It was most likely the second option though considering her chakra was Manami's.

She sighed dropping her smile and turning serious.

"No point beating around the bush huh?" She said as she came closer "Uncle told me about your condition"

I froze as she said that 'Why would sensei…'

"He thought it was better if a medical ninja around here knew in case of anything" She explained to me. Even though it was a good reason I still wasn't happy about it. "Another thing he told me was that Tsunade-sama told the other jounins on this mission" At this point I was gabbing at her.

'Come on!' I thought 'Is it so hard to keep a secret?'

"Uncle said she did so that they should know you're not able fight to the best of your ability" She explained again as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Of course" I said mad while I knew what she did was I still thought she could've at least told me or asked me.

"Come on let's sit down" She said pulling me over to the edge, we both sat down our legs dangling over the edge.

From here- which is the highest structure in the village- we had quite the view of this side of the village. I frowned at it though while the view was great; it wasn't the one I was used to at this time of day. The streets were empty, the windows shut tight and the shops closed.

"You know he just worries about you" She told me "After all; to him you're almost like a daughter more than a niece or a student"

"I know" I told her with a sad smile "That's what gets me upset. I wish if he didn't care about that me that much, I wish that he and everybody could just forget about me. I don't want to hurt anybody when I am gone"

"You shouldn't wish for something like that" She told me "The bonds we have with other are what keeps us going whether they're here or not. You should know that just like I do. Even though losing people we care about hurts, I know you would never wish to forget your parents, like I would never wish I would forget my mom.

Because even though they're gone physically, they still live inside every one of us as long as we remember them"

"Yeah but it still hurts" I said with a frown

"It takes sadness to know happiness" She told me and I turned my head to look at her tugging my hair behind my ear, just as a light gale passed "You can't have a rainbow without a little rain" (AN: I know stolen and cliché but I like it)

"Besides you are going to be alright" She told me smiling "Tsunade-sama is very well known for her medical ninjutsu and our clan is known for our stubbornness. There is no way you will go down like that" She was smiling as she told me.

"I hope so" I told her "I really do"

"Will I want to ask you something?" She asked turning to me raising her hand "Mind If I check?"

I shook my head and her hand glowed green. I removed my headband and she placed her hand on my forehead.

Manami was always like a big sister to me, she was a warm and kind person, and she always knew what to say and always gave great advice.

She retreated her hand just and I tied my headband again.

"You know I was thinking right before everything happened of moving to Konoha" She told me "After I heard Tsunade-sama became the new Hokage, I wanted to go there and learn from her. After all she's pretty much my idol and becoming a great medical ninja has always been my dream"

I smiled as I saw her talk with so much passion about what she wanted to do.

"I just thought of something" I said and turned to her with urgency "Manami you think you could help me with my chakra control?"

She frowned and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why would you need help with it?" She asked confused "I mean you pretty much mastered it while you were still five"

"I wouldn't say mastered it but anyway well because of my tumor it's all messed up" I explained but she still looked confused.

"There's no way that's right I just checked it, it shouldn't be affecting your chakra control" She told me crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"But Tsunade-sama said it did" I told her

"What were her words exactly?" She asked me.

I thought for a bit before replying.

"The tumor is in the part of your brain which controls your chakra system. So when you're chakra flares too high, or is too low it affects your tumor. It also had been affecting your chakra system itself; it's messing it up and making even the slightest usage, drain you out" I recited Tsunade's words to her word by word.

"That explains it" She said "You misunderstood her; the tumor is affecting your chakra system but not your control. In a way it's just makes using chakra take up much more of your stamina"

"But how? I mean my chakra control has gotten pretty bad, I'm pretty sure it's not because of the lack of training." I told her and she gave me a sad smile.

"Let's review the basics shall we?" She told me "Chakra is the mix of physical energy and spiritual energy, while your physical energy comes from your body, your spiritual energy comes from your mind."

I still wasn't seeing the point and was a bit confused as to why she was telling me things I already knew.

"Sara, when it comes to your mind how has it been?" She asked me "With knowing about your tumor and that you were dying, to finding out Yoshio's alive, to trying to save him and whatever else the ninja life have been causing to you" At the last sentence I thought of the attack on Konoha and the Hokage dying. "To having to come here to try and help the village."

Her eyes softened even more.

"What's causing your bad chakra control isn't the tumor; it's your own mind. With everything happening your mind and emotions are a mess and trying to keep your illness from everyone isn't helping it" She explained "What you need is to put your mind in order and deal with your emotions instead of just ignoring them and trying to pretend to be okay"

Even if I didn't like it, I knew what she was saying was true, in the end I was hurting myself almost as much as the tumor was hurting me.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

266K 9.2K 41
Naruto really thought they could do it. That he could do it. But when the chance was staring him in the eyes, reflecting off of the rasengan in his r...
353K 11K 36
{Sakura Haruno Fanfiction} A name most people know as just another member of Team 7. However, there is more than what meets the eye. Not many know of...
74.5K 1.8K 48
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
22.4K 708 18
There is no sequel. But I am working on another Madanaru story that should be out by around late winter or early spring possibly earlier or later. Na...