Stars ✦ True Beauty (SLOW UPD...

By stxrry_min

"You're the brightest star here" "I am the only star here, get it cause my name means-" "Geez you ruined it!"... More

C H A R A C T E R S
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
.⋅ ε Thank you з ⋅.
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY_TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE

THIRTEEN

2.8K 116 1
By stxrry_min

Chae Byeol

We found a cafe outside the theater. I sat down at a table outside while he ordered drinks.

I started to get anxious.

I just have to be like 'Hey Seojun, I have terminal illness that can kill me, I don't even know if I can make it to my 30's but I am fine.'

"I sound ridiculous"

I exhaled and put my head in my hands. Seojun came up to the table with the drinks. He had an ice tea while I had a boba milk tea.

He remembered....

"We'll you tell me first."

Seojun looked at me and my wrist.

"I think it's best if you tell me first."

"Why--"

"Just trust me, please."

"Fine, well I don't actually know why I am involved with Jugyeong. All I know is that Sooho is always happy when she is around and I hate seeing him happy. After what he did to Seyeon, he shouldn't be able to smile like that."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"Why are you so mean to him?"

"You're on his side?"

"I am on nobody's side, but what happened is the past. There is no point in staying mad at him."

"HE COULD'VE-"

His voice raised but he cut himself off because he realized he was too loud.

"He could've saved Seyeon. He ignored his calls that night. If he picked up, we wouldn't be like this."

I didn't have the energy to fight with him. He was going to continue this until he got his way.

"Well, your story sounds so petty compared to mines."

I laughed out.

"Okay well explain your thing."

I breathed in.

"Well, I went to the doctors the other day and he said I was sick.....like terminally sick."

He looked at me with wide eyes.

"I have a heart illness where if I get really excited/nervous or doing any intense physical activity my heart will give out."

He looked scared.

Great. This is just what I feared.

"I'm sorry to dump this on you."

I looked down at my drink.

"Are you okay?"

Seojun asked. I looked back up at him.

"What?"

"I mean like is this something you can control easily?"

"I am not sure, I am attending doctor appointments. But they think it's hereditary. My father had the same condition.....before he passed."

I didn't grow up with a father. I was 2 when he passed away. I see pictures and he always had this big smile on his face.  He passed away so young, I now have that fear.

"Does no one else know?"

"Not really. I feel too embarrassed, plus I already have school pressure. Now making sure I live is just adding on to it."

"Why are you embarrassed? It isn't your fault."

He sounded annoyed but I know it wasn't directed towards me.

"I know, but you know I hate feeling weak and getting pity from others. I can deal with things on my own."

"You know.....you never talked about what you saw exactly or felt that night. Who haved you talked to?"

Imaginary Seyeon.

"I don't--"

"Byeol, how could you keep all that to yourself- doesn't it hurt?"

I started to feel teary eyed. I never actually looked back. I was fine not talking about that night. I tried to block it out most of the time.

Seojun reached out to my hand.

"I am sorry I wasn't there for you when this all happened. But I am here now okay?"

I felt the tears roll down my cheeks. Seojun was now just blurry infront of me.

I felt him get up and come over to my side to hug me.

"I-I'm sorry, all this is happening to you. You don't deserve this."

He held on to my head. And in the first time in months,

I felt comforted.

More tears rolled down as I started sobbing.

People passed by but I didn't care.

I felt good being held again.

✦ ✦ ✦

Chae Byeol

After a few minutes I finally calmed down. I went to the bathroom to try and fix my puffy eyes.

It felt awkward walking back to the table. I always hated being vulnerable like that.

I sat back down.

"Listen, let's just pretend I didn't cry."

"Why?"

"Because it's embarrassing!"

"Showing emotions isn't embarrassing."

"To you."

He laughed at my annoyance.

"Fine, we can ignore your tears but I am keeping a closer eye on you. I don't need your heart exploding."

"Gee, thanks."

He got up from the table.

"C'mon,it's getting late."

He motioned for me to get and I followed him to his motorcycle.

"So that tells you your heart rate?"

He pointed to my wrist.

"Yea, it beeps when my heart is beating too fast."

"How loud is it?"

"I am not sure, why?"

"Just curious."

We continued to walk in silence when we saw Jugyeong with her date, she was saying goodbye to him.

"Lim Jugyeong-"

I pulled him to the side before he could continue.

"She's on her date, let's just wait here for now."

"Wow, I can't believe we didn't run into her."

I made sure you didn't.

Jugyeong finally left but we looked passed her date and saw Sooho there, watching Jugyeong.

"Sooho is stalking her? He's a psycho."

Seojun tried to go and confront him. But I held him back.

"Why do you care? Let's just leave him be."

He looked mad but we continued walking. Fast enough so Sooho didn't see us.

~

We finally got to his bike. He seemed annoyed the entire time we were walking there.

"What's with you? Sooho ruin the mood?"

I asked.

"No, it's just something."

"What, you like Jugyeong all of a sudden?"

I teased him.

"Yah--"

"I am just kidding."

I hoped on behind him. He went forward on the bike really quickly and then braked which made me hit my head on him.

"You jerk-"

"I am just kidding."

He looked back at me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and just wrapped my arms around him.

He's going to be the death of me.

✦ ✦ ✦

.⋅ ε 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲 з ⋅.

Hello!

We already hit 2K views?!?! Also sorry if this is shorter that usual, just wanted to have a little Byeol and Seojun moment before we proceed with the drama storyline. But really thank you! Glad you guys are enjoying this :) Also thank you for the votes!!

-stxr <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 723 19
"𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆!"- ᴴᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵒʲᵘⁿ Based on True beauty,, [watch the full eps of true b...
44.4K 1.2K 12
❝ once upon a time, the planets, and the fates, and all the stars aligned . . . ❞ [ a true beauty au fic ] [ han seojun x fem!oc ] [ based off, she's...
93.8K 2.4K 34
"Who even told you we're friends?" "Nobody.... i'm sorry." [Started:2. March 2020] [Ended:12. June 2020]
212K 8K 33
[COMPLETED] Falling inlove with your BESTFRIEND is pretty normal and it's fine, right? - Started: October 2, 2019 Ended: April 17, 2020