Whispers of the Darkness

By Kate1972kp

Kai Parker, the young new leader of the Gemini Coven, he joined the Mystic Falls gang and met every one of th... More

Characters/Storyline
Chapter 1: Myth
Chapter 2: Cold cell
Chapter 3: Coffee
Chapter 4: Tell me everything then
Chapter 5: The Gemini Coven
Chapter 6: Revealed
Chapter 7: Meeting my siblings
Chapter 8: Magic ring
Chapter 9: Endless pain and Goodbye letter
Chapter 10: Hey Parker
Chapter 11: Yours truly
Chapter 12: Transition
Chapter 13: Hello Damon
Chapter 14: Bloodlust and annoying ass emotions
Chapter 15: Unreasonable
Chapter 16: Liar liar, panties on fire
Chapter 17: Get a room already
Chapter 18: A thousand cuts
Chapter 19: Vendetta
Chapter 20: "Sleepover"
Chapter 21: Whitmore party
Chapter 22: Ex lover reunion
Chapter 23: Family history
Chapter 24: Dead end
Chapter 25: Years without you
Chapter 26: Hell Bell
Chapter 27: Hogwarts in Mystic Falls
Chapter 28: Another June wedding
Chapter 30: Our tale goes on
Bonus chapter 1
Bonus chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3:
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus chapter 5

Chapter 29: Life in New Orleans

498 13 8
By Kate1972kp

It has been at least 6 months since they moved to New Orleans, Elijah got a great place for them, it's really close to the compound where the rest of them are staying, except Kol and Davina, they got their own apartment too. Evalynn's baby bump is showing which Kai finds it weird and cute at the same time, at first he thought she just gained weight from all the cooking he did, but there is no way that a woman's tummy could be that big when the rest of her body is so tiny, then he suddenly realized it's baby bump, and he remembers his mom used to have those too.

Evalynn and Kai is at the compound, Davina and Kol just got back from their little trip, they are all gathered together to think about the baby's name, Hope did a little witchy woo 'by accident' and found out the baby's gender, a girl. She was more than happy to know that she will have a best friend to hang out with in the future, even if she's almost 6 years younger than her. Kai actually prefer having daughter too, so he won't have a mini him running around probably thinking about murdering people.

They are staring at her baby bump with a can of soda she put it on there, she call it 'put it in good use' apparently. "How about Katherine?" Hayley suggested, "god no," Klaus rolled his eyes, "hatred much?" Evalynn laughs and looks at him, "sorry love, just not good enough for our precious little witch," he winks at Evalynn. "Caitlyn? Meredith? Bethany? Alice? It doesn't sound right," Kol broke the silence.

"Tough one," Rebekah sighed, she couldn't think of a name either, "how about Diana? It's moon goddess in Latin," Freya looks at the couple, "that's a beautiful name sister." Elijah smiles at them, "Diana Marjorie Parker, sounds pretty cool," Evalynn said to them, Kai frowned then looks at her, "honey where is your last name?"

Evalynn raised her eyebrows, "what do you mean?" She asks him, "I just think it's not fair if you don't put your last name in it since you are the one carrying it for 9 months and doing all the labour work," he wraps his arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to him. "Wow didn't take you as a feminist before," she laughed, then she saw all the people are looking at them with a proud smile, mostly looking at Kai instead of her. "Diana Marjorie Padovano Parker," Kai said next to her ear.

"Bet she is gonna have a hard time writing her name down in school," Kol joked then Davina smacked his head, "would you start acting like your own age?" Davina gives him a I'm sick of your bullshit look, "love if he acts like his own age he should be lying in a coffin now, but I am more than happy to do the honor." A devilish smirk appeared on the original hybrid's face, "Niklaus behave." Elijah warned him, "always the good brother." Rebekah said with a sarcastic smile.

Hope walks to where Kai and Evalynn is sitting and looks at them with a lovely smile on her face, "that's a lovely name auntie Eva," she pats Hope's head lightly after hearing her words, "thank you Hope," Kai smiles at her. Over the past few months, Kai has become Hope's favorite uncle, which Kol is very unhappy about, he's trying to beat him but Hope doesn't really buy it.

Hayley took Hope to the garden as the little girl asked, Klaus followed them behind holding a set of paint brush and other materials, "have fun!" Evalynn waves them goodbye, "thank you love." Klaus almost looked a little bit shy if it's possible, "man, Klaus really gonna soft," Evalynn shook her head in amusement, "and so are you." She turns to Kai, "yea? Whose fault is that?" Kai tapped her nose gently, "only for you and the baby, I'd still rip someone's throat out without hesitation if they hurt any of you." "Me too." She starts giggling.

Kol and Davina went back to their apartment, Rebekah went to find Marcel, and Freya is finally having some alone time with her girlfriend which is really rare since she is constantly cleaning up everyone's messes, mostly Klaus's, but at the end of the day everyone is grateful for each other, the Mikaelsons treat Kai like their own brother, even though he is not related to them, and they are really protective over each other, even towards Evalynn's unborn baby.

Evalynn remembers once she felt the baby kicked, and she yelled because she was too excited, the next second she saw Kai, Kol, Klaus and Elijah is standing in front of her with full on attack mode, then they all chuckled after she explained to them. She never felt more safe than this, knowing the whole original family is with her.

About two months later, Rebekah finally got the chance to plan the baby shower for her since Evalynn kept postponing before, it was either because she was too tired, she didn't have enough energy, or she just wasn't really in the mood, but since she got better Rebekah can finally starts planning. "Can I help too!" Hope semi yelled, "of course sweetie," Evalynn grins while stroking her long wavy hair, "how about this, we will have a teddy bear themed baby shower, I know how much you love them," Evalynn turns to Rebekah for approval, "auntie Bex, please?" Hope nudges Rebekah's forearm lightly, "yes of course we will." She gives Hope a smile before she ran to Klaus and Hayley to share the good news.

"What did I miss?" Kai suddenly appears behind them, he rubs his palms against each other, "nothing much, we are going to have a teddy bear themed baby shower," Evalynn fills him in with the littlest information, "I will leave you and Rebekah planning everything, and Hope of course, she is better at planning events than me already, but I'm not surprised though, Niklaus does throw the best parties." Evalynn confessed, "you better catch up to her then," Rebekah gives her a wink.

The three of them had planned everything pretty quickly, it only took them one day and a half to get everything done, the baby shower will take place in the Mikaelson mansion, "alright, losers, tomorrow at 2PM, meet at the Mikaelson mansion, don't be late or else I'll rip your head off, except Evalynn, got it?" Rebekah ordered everyone, which no one disobeyed, she can get really sassy sometimes.

Now she only need to pick her outfit, which is incredibly hard because of her baby bump, all the formal dresses she owns doesn't fit anymore, plus it's even harder to find something that looks good and is stretchy too. In the end she chose a very long, white loose fit dress, it has some cute floral patterns on it, Kai chose to wear a white t shirt with a pair of light blue jeans. She wore a pair of white flat sandals, she used to wear heels all the time, but recently she finds it harder and harder to walk in them, so she gave them up.

Now the height difference between Evalynn and Kai is really obvious, he can easily tower over her, sometimes he would even pat on her head to piss her off or just simply annoy her, ever since her hormones went crazy, he enjoys teasing her more and more by the day goes by. A few times Kai accidentally made her cry, which ended up with her holding a knife chasing after him, by the way, not recommend to those who are not supernaturals.

Everyone arrived at the Mikaelson mansion on time, just like Rebekah 'kindly' asked. "You look gorgeous," Rebekah's eyes lighten up as soon as she saw Evalynn, "thank you, you looks beautiful too," then Evalynn thanked her for arranging everything, she said hi to everyone else, but a little girl is missing. "Where is Hope?" She turns to Hayley and Klaus.

A mischievous smirk appears on Klaus's face, "she is in the car, getting the gift for you and Kai," Klaus said, Kai and Evalynn looks at each other, "auntie Eva and uncle Kai! Sorry I'm late!" Hope said while catching her breath, "sweetheart, are you alright?" Kai bent down and asks her. Klaus doesn't look worried at all for some reason, Hope nodded then shows everyone what she was holding behind her.

It's a really big painting, in the painting it was a sight of a lake, a full moon and with some people in it, in the corner there was a little signature saying 'Hope M & Klaus M'. "Wow, thank you Hope, it looks beautiful," Evalynn gives Hope a kiss on her forehead, "hey what about me?" The original hybrid groans, "really, Nik" Kol rolls his eyes at his brother's childish behavior. "Thank you too Klaus, thanks to everyone, we really appreciated everything you did for us, for little Diana." She chuckles, "and now I don't feel special anymore," Klaus pouts.

"Get over it Nik," Kol commented again, "Kol I swear to god if you don't shut up," Klaus was about to continue but then realized Hope is standing next to him, he suddenly puts on a smile which Kol finds it creepy, "Elijah why is he smiling like this?" Kol turns to Elijah which Elijah only shook his head in response. "Boys, behave now let's get this baby shower started shall we?" Freya finally spoke. "Come on," Rebekah waves to Hope.

They walked in to the living room and saw a giant teddy bear is in front of them, along with some small ones in the room, the room is filled with white roses bouquet, and balloons with different shades of pink. Besides the giant teddy bear, there's a mini food buffet, with teddy bear shaped biscuit, cupcakes with baby pink butter cream, baby pink ice creams, and a small teddy bear shaped cake. "Wow, you three are amazing at planning events," Evalynn turns to Rebekah, Kai and Hope.

Hope gives her a wink, "thanks auntie Eva," Hope said, "I wonder who she got that from," Klaus said proudly while looking at his daughter. "Shut up Nik," Rebekah groans, "what, I'm just stating the fact sister." Klaus puts his hands in the air and gives everyone a innocent look.

Rebekah took out a camera from her back and swing it in her hand gently, "guess what I found," she said with amusement in her voice, "oh bloody hell," Klaus protests and turns around from the camera Rebekah is holding. "Come Klaus, have some fun," Kai said with a grin on his face, Rebekah starts to take photos or videos, no one knows what is she doing. "It's a video," Rebekah said unamused after seeing Kai freezing in his funny posture with Hope in his arms, everyone starts laughing.

They had a lot of fun that day, Evalynn sent some photos to the Mystic Falls group chat.

In their group chat:

Elena: OMG I'm glad you had so much fun, and I miss you ;)

Damon the better brother: when is she gonna come back to MF???

Cobrakai1972: after the baby is born duh, damien

Stefan the hero hair: have you named the baby yet?

Care Bear: can't wait to see you and the baby

Evalynn Aurinda: yep, Diana Marjorie Padovano Parker

Damon the better brother: wow bet she's gonna have lots of fun writing down her name on her exam papers

Elena: Damon............

Care Bear: seriously Damon?! Ignore him, that's a beautiful name

Olivia: I'm gonna have another niece soon! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Jo: I bet she's beautiful like Evalynn

Evalynn Aurinda: thank you and I can't wait to see you too especially Liv :)

Cobrakai1972: wait what about me??? The baby got my genes too

Jo: shut up

Olivia: shut up

Damon the good brother: shut up

Stefan the hero hair: shut up

Care Bear: shut up

Elena: shut up

Alaric: shut up

Bon bon: shut up

*Evalynn Aurinda removed Cobrakai1972 from Scooby Gang*

*Evalynn Aurinda added Diana P to Scooby Gang*

Evalynn Aurinda: Klaus got her a phone yesterday

Stefan the hero hair: he really gone soft hasn't he

Evalynn Aurinda: wait let me add him in

*Evalynn Aurinda added Ripahhh to Scooby Gang*

Ripahhh: oh hi, Elena why are you still alive

Elena: ???

Evalynn Aurinda: Klaus!

Ripahhh: sorry love

Ripahhh: Caroline how are you? Care to join us in New Orleans? ;)

Stefan the hero hair: Back off Klaus, she's my wife now

Care Bear: chill Stefan, I don't like him that way anyway

Ripahhh: that just hurt my feelings, gonna go rip some head off, be right back sweetheart

Bon bon: .........

Damon the good brother: .........

Olivia: ............

Jo: ..........

Evalynn Aurinda: Klaus......

*Evalynn Aurinda added Cobrakai1972 to Scooby Gang*

Jo: why did you add him back

Evalynn Aurinda: he kept whining about it

Ripahhh: he really pulled an Elena

Elena: ..........

Cobrakai1972: no I did not whine about it Evie poo

Evalynn Aurinda: I wouldn't call begging and crying not being whiny Kai, and shut up, I knew you stole my ice cream

Ripahhh: He did what???!!!!

Cobrakai1972: I thought it was Klaus's, sorry

Ripahhh: DO NOT COME NEAR MY ICE CREAM, I DO NOT CARE WHO YOU ARE, BUT STAY AWAY FROM MY ICE CREAMMMMM

Care Bear: seriously...

Evalynn Aurinda: I think my water broke...

Jo: go to the hospital now!

Cobrakai1972: I thought she just had too much water to drink today...

Care Bear: How are you even, god, get her to the hospital now!

Ripahhh: I will be there with the doctor, Hayley and Bex is coming too, along with Freya, don't worry love!

Care bear: Pls call us afterwards, can't wait to see her :)

Elena: Same, please be safe! Xx

Olivia: Good luck sissy!

Jo: Call me if you need me! Good luck!

Bon bon: can't wait to see you guys again, be safe ;)

Damon the good brother: wait what just happened???

Stefan the hero hair: her water broke... Good luck Evalynn! Love ya!

Damon the good brother: oh eww

Elena: Damon!!!

Damon the good brother: sorry, be safe! :)

New Orleans:

Klaus kicked their door open violently, "god Klaus," Evalynn said while panting, "sorry love, gonna have someone fix for you tomorrow," Klaus gives her a sincere smile, "ahh don't worry, come on in, all of you," Evalynn waves at them on the couch. A female doctor was revealed by Rebekah, "if she or the baby is harmed, I will kill you without blinking, understood?" She hissed at the doctor, "understood," the doctor said with fear in her voice.

"Well, I'm gonna go wait outside, call me if you need me," Klaus gives Evalynn a smile before whooshed himself out, "Kai, can you go with him? I hate you seeing me being a mess," Evalynn pleads, "you sure? I wouldn't mind seeing a mess," Kai said, "yea, the girls are here, I'll be fine," she gives Kai a nod. "Alright, call me if you need me," Kai walks out hesitantly, even though he's hate to not be there with her, but he wanna respect her choice, if she's not comfortable with him being there with her, he'd be more than glad to give her more space and make her feel a little bit better, it's the least he could do for her.

Kai joined Klaus on the front porch, he took a bag of pork rind with him, they are both sitting on the swing in there, both of them are very anxious. "So, are you nervous about being a father?" Klaus turns to him, "yea, but I'm more nervous if anything is gonna happen to her," Kai sighed, the thought of Evalynn going through that much pain or she won't able to make it through it kills him. "Hey mate, don't worry ok? I won't let anything happen to her, she's a strong girl, she will make it out alive, so is your baby daughter." Klaus smiles at him.

Freya casts a protection spell around the house, just in case some supernaturals decide to barge in, and then she casts a spell on Evalynn to minimize her pain. Hayley wiped the sweats on forehead with a cool towel, "thank you," Evalynn whispers, "it's ok, now deep breath," Hayley said while giving Evalynn her hand for her to squeeze, "god it hurts," Evalynn tries to hold in her scream, but she failed as the contraction starts again.

"I don't wanna do it anymore, you know what, let's do it again tomorrow," Evalynn tries to get up but the pain overwhelms her, thank god Rebekah caught her before she almost fell on the floor. Kai and Klaus is fighting there to go in there, but there is nothing they could do to help her, they kept pacing around, Kai is rubbing his palms against each other again. Klaus keeps running his hand in his hair. "Bloody hell, ask the doctor to do something Rebekah!" He yelled.

After a few hours of screaming in pain, Diana is born, finally. "You can come in now!" Freya said to their direction, the next second both of them appeared in front of them, both looking extremely worried. "Now, forgot everything happened here, leave." Klaus compelled the poor doctor, Kai rushed to Evalynn's side, she is holding Diana in her arms, "how are you feeling?" It's the first thing he said, he cares about his daughter, but he cares about his wife more.

"A little exhausted, but I'll be fine." Evalynn smiles at him, Klaus then offered her some of his blood, but she told them Rebekah already gave her her blood. She asks Kai to hold the baby, "wow, she's so, small." Kai chuckles, he clearly looks nervous with the tiny little delicate creature in his arms. "She has my eyes!" Kai said with excitement in his voice, he sounds a bit shaky too, soon he feels the water starts pooling in his eyes again. Klaus waves at everyone gesturing them to leave the new parents alone for a second, they walks out of the room quietly.

Kai sits on the bed next to Evalynn, "thank you sweetheart, for everything." Kai said then felt her hand wiping his tears away, "thank you too dummy," she chuckles. "I have to say I'm not that happy that she got more of your genes than mine." Evalynn jokes around, Kai only grins, he can't take his eyes off this precious little girl. Diana has the same eyes with Kai, brunette hair, "she's just as beautiful as her mom." Kai finally opened his mouth, he gives Evalynn a kiss on the forehead, "do you want anything? Water? Ice cream?" Kai hands her the baby as she stretches her hands out to her. "Nothing," she smiles at him.

A few days later, Kai and her took Diana to the compound to meet with everyone after she got enough rest. All of them are waiting for them here, Hope runs to them as soon as she sees them, "auntie Eva and uncle Kai!" She hugs them, Evalynn bent down and let her meet Diana, "wow she's beautiful, hi Diana, I'm Hope Mikaelson," she said, Diana gives her a big smile, "wow, I think she likes you," Evalynn smiles at the beautiful sight in front of her.

Later on Diana met everyone else in the family, Elijah, Kol, Davina, Marcel, they all brought her a little gift, Rebekah gives her a necklace that looks the same with the one Hope has on, only the letter is a 'P' instead of 'M'. "Your auntie Bex loves you," she smiles at Diana, Diana let out a small giggle and stretches her arms a little. "Your are such a lovely girl," a genuine smile appears on Kol's face. Kai told everyone about their plan which is going back to Mystic Falls a week later, Hope is going with them too, since she reached the age of going to school now, she's gonna be at the Salvatore school along with Elizabeth, they are only a few months apart.

"Klaus don't worry, we will take care of her," Kai reassures Klaus, "can never let anyone hurt my favorite niece, please don't tell Lizzie." Kai turns to Hope who is giggling right now, "ok, pinky promise." Hope says as she stretches her pinky out, Klaus laughs under his breath, "thank you Kai, please call me or Hayley if she gets in any trouble." Klaus sent a wink to Hope. "I will behave dad," Hope sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 11.8K 67
*mature read* "Quinn..." he whispers into my neck. "Please let me fuck you..." I let out a giggle which made his head lift up to look at my face. "W...
60.7K 2.4K 40
The Travelers and the Gemini Coven had hated each other for two thousand years. It made complete sense for Kai Parker to kill the last Traveler when...
5.3K 242 21
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆" Kai Parker x Fem!OC Alternate S6 Started: 04/02/24 Ended: TBA DISCLAIMER: I do not own TVD or it...
1.2K 70 24
Falling for him was like falling from grace. He was so many sins yet I would do anything for him. A million times over I would pick Malachai Parker. ...