Bigfoot

By LadyAutumn17

Sasquatch, Bushman, Treeman, Stone Giant, Ape Man, Hairy Man, Wild Men, Big Foot.... All names for the same c... More

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43. - The End

1.

42.4K 929 198
By LadyAutumn17

River hadn't been to this side of his territory in a while. He had forgotten how much he loved to walk by the rushing water and listen to the sounds of nature. He thought about standing in the river and fishing a bit, but he wasn't particularly hungry at the moment. Fish was something that had to be eaten the same night. He hated the way it tasted as jerky.

He paused as a scent caught his nose. It was sweet. He took in a deeper whiff and started to follow it. River decided to get back into the forest. Out in the open was dangerous. That's what his parents had always told him.

"Don't go out in the open. They will find you and kill you. Our people must always stay hidden."

His Father's rough words always echoed in his head.

River was careful with his giant feet. He had spent so many seasons in this forest, he knew how to get round without anyone knowing. Not that there was anyone that ever came around. He hadn't seen another creature like himself since his parents went to join his ancestors in the sky.

"Humans are greedy. That's why our numbers are so few. They couldn't stand for giants to walk among them."

River peered through the trees. The slight wind blew the sweet smelling scent right into his nose. He took another deep whiff. He was coming to a known clearing of his. He stopped at the edge of the tree line and hunkered down behind a log. He peered over it at the distressing sight.

A bright orange tent was placed in the middle of his clearing. A fire pit was smoldering in the middle.

He nearly bolted when he heard the thing unzip and something was pushing through.

Out popped a creature smaller and less hairy.

Curiosity got the best of him as the scent became stronger. River raised his head a little higher to get a better glimpse at the creature that he was almost certain was a human.

He watched it stretch and make little grunts. It turned one way and held itself. Then turned his way. River held as still as he could, waiting to be spotted. He watched it's brown eyes scan the forest, roaming right over him and beyond.

The creature unzipped its piece of clothing. It was wearing something light underneath.

A female.

River caught himself mid-movement and cracked a twig. He watched the female get closer to his hiding spot.

She called out.

River knew better than to answer.

She must've been satisfied with no answer because she shrugged and walked away. River watched her pick up a stick and poke the fire. She placed more wood on top and bent over to blow on it.

Now he was sure this was a female. The way her healthy wide hips bent over and showed him her full heart shaped bottom, he was sure. This female was thick and meaty. River licked his lips and then shook his head. Get out of it. He liked the way her stomach made its rolls as she bent over. River shook his head again.

The female's back was still turned as he stood up. River gave her one last glance before slinking back off into the woods.

When he was far enough away, which didn't take him long, he kicked at a stump. I've been alone too long. He thought. His parents had died right before it was time to find his mate. That had been nearly fifteen seasons ago. River knew if he had made the journey to the tribe, they would have accepted him with open arms, but for some reason, he didn't want to leave his home.

River's father had purposely moved him and his mother out away from everyone. River had never asked for a reason why, but he assumed it was a good one.

He had another problem besides being lonely, what was he gonna do about the human? River paused as he heard a voice call out, causing the birds to scatter.

"Fuck you Randy!"

~~~~

Azzalea woke up from her deep sleep with the sun shining in her tent through the screen she left open at the top. Last night was her first night in the woods and she was thrilled to get to watch the sky as she drifted off. That was the best sleep she had gotten in the last five years.

She laid there for a few more minutes, but knew she needed to get up. Looking at her watch, it was ten. "Wow." She sat up with a groan.

Azzalea rubbed the sleep from her eyes and started to unzip the tent. She took a deep breath as the door came open and the breeze hit her. She unfastened her jacket and groaned again. The wind hitting her skin felt exhilarating.

She scanned her little camp. Everything seemed to be in order. She stood up and stretched. Unzipping her jacket and feeling the cool breeze seemed to wake her up more. Azzalea froze when she heard a twig break.

She scanned the forest surrounding her.

"Hello?" She had no idea what she would have done if something would have answered her back and she prayed with everything she had that it didn't.

Her heart started to slow down, satisfied with her safety.

She bent over and started to poke at the fire. "I have to get this thing going for breakfast."

She plopped a couple more logs on the fire and bent over to blow on it, praying it would catch.

A chill ran down her spine as she heard the wind rustle the leaves behind her.

Azzalea straightened her back and went over to the tent. She found her cooking pan and a can of meat. "This will do it." She smiled back at the fire, quickly picking back up.

She was finally free.

"Fuck you Randy!" She screamed up into the air with a middle finger salute.

~~~~

She had stashed canned goods and other supplies at the edge of the woods. As soon as Randy. took off for work, she was gone.

No one would be able to find her. Not Randy, his stupid brothers, or even the cops. The forest was protected. No one was allowed to step foot inside the tree line.

Everyday for a week she waited for the perfect time. Just as the forest ranger's jeep was out of sight, Azzalea would dart across the road and hide her supplies in a hollow log she had found years ago as a little girl.

She just had to make sure she was home before Randy or he would be furious. The beating wasn't worth it, but soon she wouldn't have to take it much longer. Azzalea would rather be eaten by a grizzly bear than take another punch from Randy or his brothers.

They were crude and unforgiving. Soulless.

How her Father could have given her away to those men, she would never understand it. At fifteen, a girl shouldn't be promised to a grown man. For ten years she had suffered at his hands and now she was done.

Azzalea packed the last bit of her stuff into the log. Tomorrow, she was going to run as far and as fast as she could and never look back.

She darted back across the road and slowed her stride. Azzalea looked down at the ring on her finger. It meant nothing to her and it wasn't even legal. It was there to keep other men from asking.

The fried chicken and all of the fixings were ready on the table when Randy came home. He was overly happy.

His bonus from the construction job had come in. His brother's were coming over tomorrow to help him pick out a new guitar and he even promised to take Azzalea to the mall so she could get some of that "smelling good perfume" she liked so much.

Azzalea had thanked him. He was even a little more gentle when he took her to bed. Randy was careful around her bruises. She smiled at him as he plopped beside her, finished with her for the night.

She smiled because she knew come this time tomorrow, she would never have to see his ugly good for nothing face ever again.

Sleep didn't come easy to her that night. The excitement churned in her stomach.

She was awakened to Randy throwing things around the bedroom and flipping on the overhead light.

"Where the fuck is my overalls?" He spat at her.

Azzalea pointed to a couple folded up on the dresser. "Those?"

The look Randy shot chilled her to the bones. He lunged forward before she could move and grabbed her cheeks. "No you dumb, fat bitch," the spit of his words landing in her eyes, "My good ones. The one's I use to impress the boss."

"You... You wore those yesterday." Azzalea stuttered.

Realization came to Randy's face. He softened his grip on her face. "I'll see you this evening." He said and kissed her on the lips.

Azzalea was so stunned she forgot to reciprocate. Randy slammed his mouth down on her again. Bruising her lips. She kissed him back, carefully.

"See you this evening." She muttered as the bedroom door slammed closed.

Time slowed down as she crawled across the bed and peeked through the blinds. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears. Her entire body was on edge as he watched him climb into the truck bed. The backfire of the pick up made her jump.

Azzalea watched him drive down the driveway and she jumped into action. Everything she needed was tucked away in the forest. She was heading to no man's land and she was going to live there until the day she died.

She pulled her jeans on and a t-shirt. Her shoes were slipped on in the matter of seconds.

Azzalea went to the door, but the knob was already turning. She nearly slammed into Randy.

"What the Hell are you doing?" He asked her as he shoved her backwards.

Azzalea knew she was caught. "I...I...Was.... I was going out to feed the dogs." She lied.

Randy gave her a sideways look. "I forgot my lunch." He grabbed at the metal container on the counter. "Don't forget to make the sandwiches. My brothers will be over here this evening." His wink made Azzalea cover her chest. "We will all have a good time."

Azzalea closed the door behind him with a thud. She slid down, tears falling from her eyes. She sat there for thirty minutes, praying he didn't come back.

She peeked outside again. "Here goes nothing." Slipping from the door, she walked to the end of the driveway. Azzalea just knew Randy was around the corner somewhere. Someone was gonna see her and then that would be it and she would be caught forever.

No one did see her. No one paid the fleeing woman any attention as she walked across town and down the country.

The forest ranger's didn't spot her as they patrolled the outside of the protected woods. Azzalea slipped out from her hiding spot and ran as fast as she could across the road.

She slipped on her two backpacks, and carried her food supplies until she knew she was well out of sight. Azzalea half jogged half walked for hours without stopping. Fear wouldn't allow her. Hope kept her going.

The sun started to set and for the first time she stopped. Azzalea couldn't tell you how far she had gotten, but it was far enough for the night. She was thankful it was mostly flat terrain.

She set her little two person instant tent up and fell into a blissful sleep. She was conscious enough to set her alarm to right before day break.

This went on for seven days. She walked as far as she could each day. Only stopping for water or to use the bathroom. Everyday she listened for dogs or for people calling her, but no such sounds ever came.

On the eight day, she came to a clearing. It was the first time she had come across one made. Azzalea knew it couldn't have been made recently. People weren't allowed inside this forest. It must've been before then.

It was close to the river, but far enough away that if it floods, it would take a lot to get to her stuff.

Azzalea sat her bags down and sighed. She walked over to the middle of the clearing and fell to her knees, tears of happiness streaming down her face. After so many years, she was finally home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 3.2K 28
Remember your words can plant gardens or burn whole forests down.
278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...
32K 949 51
Kamila is a successful business woman who doesn't have luck with love. After her last breakup, her best friend advised her to get a dog. She adopted...
3K 118 5
❝ i once believed love would be burning red, but it's golden. ❞ madelyn cline x fem! oc