Ours To Be (All Ours, #1)

By SoHoAuthor

๐“˜๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต๐“ช โ™ฅ๏ธŽ Not many things have managed to catch me off guard in this life after enduring years of t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
The series continues!
Christmas Bonus Chapter

Chapter 31

14.7K 582 119
By SoHoAuthor

I can't help but think life is finally granting me a break.

Everything is going surprisingly... well.

Its suspicious as fuck and I'm scared to trust it.

But I am really trying not to let the fear of the what if control my life. I can't keep going like that. Life if full of risks and you won't go anywhere if you don't take any.

I'm learning.

Oh, and I'm celebrating.

The girls wanted to get together since we've officially marched into the last few weeks of summer break. I also got a very interesting mail sent to me on Sunday morning.

Informing me I've secured myself a position at Sandria Lee's intern program.

So yeah, it's time for drinks.

It's also high time I have Cassie over to meet the girls. I planned to do it a while ago but I've been taking extra shifts at the store to keep myself busy over the summer.

I picked her up an hour ago and now I'm just trying to assure her they're going to love her.

''But they aren't like... bitchy, right?'' she asks for the millionth time.

''Honey,'' I turn away from the stove with a soft, ensuring look. ''I wouldn't be friends with them if they weren't bitches. But they won't be anything but nice to you, believe me.''

''All right,'' she huffs.

She doesn't seem convinced.

''Why are you so worried about this?'' I have to ask.

''Uh,'' she stammers. ''I don't know. Never mind, it's stupid.''

''Cass.''

''The last time I actually hung out with a group of girls like a normal person...'' she gestures a hand in her wheelchairs direction. ''This wasn't a thing.''

''And you think they'll treat you differently because of it?''

''I mean, if I had to guess I'd say no because I don't think you'd ever hang out with those kinds of people but-''

''But nothing, Cass.'' I interrupt, still looking her in the eyes so she can see the honesty behind mine. I know how her friends in high school started to treat her like a porcelain doll after her accident, not inviting her anywhere big anymore and acting as if she's fragile and breakable. She told me how that fucked with her head even more than coming to terms with her new way of living. ''You're right, I would never hang out with those kinds of people, so stop stressing yourself out and let me introduce you to your new best friends.''

''I kid you not, I would carry the man's babies.'' Nara exclaims.

''Damn, I wouldn't mind providing some siblings,'' Soyana voices from the other side of the couch.

We're watching Divergent so you can already guess who they're talking about.

''You know, I've always had a thing for the James brother... Theo isn't really doing it for me.'' Ivana matters.

''You and your fascination with older men,'' Soyana rolls her eyes and the girls chuckle in accord.

Ivana snorts. ''Y'all keep laughing. While you bitches are getting played by these immature frat boys, I'm getting marriage proposals and good dick.''

Nara nods in agreement. ''Older men is where it's at.''

''So are we going to tiptoe around it all night?'' Jenn suddenly burst out.

All our heads snap to hers in question. She shares a look with the three others and something seems to click and evoke in them.

All heads turn to me.

''Kayden.'' They speak in unison, tone flat.

Jesus Christ. I haven't told them anything, but I was on the phone with Soyana while he came over that Sunday night a couple of days ago. I'd left my phone on the couch and she'd hung up by the time I grabbed it later when Kayden had left after we watched a movie.

''What about him?'' I query.

''Seriously? We're playing that game?'' Jenn grumbles.

Yeah, there's no escaping their cautioning glares. I'm not getting out of this one.

I meet Cassie's eyes before I I can even start disclosing anything. ''You're cool with this, right?''

Her eyes flash in excitement. ''Are you kidding me? Do you know how long I've been waiting for a sister-in-law?''

I simply nod, dodging the ridiculous remark.

''So it turns out the chick in that picture was trying to get him to take her back to his hotel. Got handsy and everything, he was trying to tell her to fuck off or something by leaning in. That's what we saw in the pics.''

''Okay, good.'' Nara nods. ''He was really nice so I wasn't looking forward to kicking his ass at all.''

''No ass kicking needed, indeed.'' I hold my breath, knowing the weight my next words carry. ''We're going out instead.''

Silence falls. Eyes bug. Mouths drop.

And dead. Fucking. Silence.

''No the fuck you're not.'' Ivana is the first to screech.

''Yep. I told you from the beginning, the fuckers one smooth talker.'' I nod in confirmation.

''Oh my God, how did this happen?'' Nara squeals, all the others along with her.

''Can you guys calm the fuck down? We're going on a date and you're acting as if I just invited you guys to our wedding.'' I gripe.

''Start to finish. Go.'' Jenn demands. ''I can't believe you're finally giving somebody a chance, I could just cry right now.'' They know how huge this is for me.

''You guys, there's not even much to say.'' I admit. ''Things were... weird after that kiss. We'd barely spoken the week after and then especially after those pictures got leaked. I was disgusted. He kept calling, of course, and came over Sunday night when I was literally on the verge of blocking his ass. We cleared the air, he asked again and... I don't know. I guess I just really want to go out with him.'' I finish off with a shrug. ''Don't blow this out of proportion, please.''

I know I was playing myself when I tried to tell me I wasn't developing feelings for him. Every day I fall deeper and deeper into the pit hole of these strange fucking emotions I've never experienced before. I just know Kayden is one of the best men I've ever met. Its hard to believe a guy like that is so dead set on going out with me, but I don't question it anymore, that'll only drive me crazier. I just want to enjoy this. Him. I have spent years trying to make sure everyone and everything around me is settled and perfect, its fucking time I start doing something for me and allowing myself to accept joy and not see it as a form of distraction.

I'm done sabotaging my chances at happiness out of doubt for everyone's intentions with me. I fucking like Kayden, so yeah. I want to see where the hell this is headed. Maybe we'll realize we were better off as friends after the first date, or maybe I'll like him even more and this turns out to be something amazing. I don't know if he's even ready to fully commit with this life he's living or where I'd fit into the whole picture. But the most important thing is that I want to find out.

''Man, I'm gonna be the best aunt.'' Cassie grins.

So much for not blowing it out of proportion.

The girls are loving Cassie.

No shocker. She's amazing so there's nothing to even hate on. They have already invited her to the next cookout at Joshua's. We're gathered around the sofa now, throwing back all kinds of virgin cocktails and mini-wraps as if it's our fulltime job.

Since Cassie's underage and on meds, plus today being Wednesday, we didn't want to go crazy with the drinks.

''Kayden's on his way.'' She informs me, putting her phone back down on her lap.

I can feel my stomach sink down to my toes as I frown at her words. ''I could've dropped you off, babe. There's no need for him to drive all the way over here.''

''Mom wanted to see him so he's driving over there anyways. It's no problem.'' She ensures me.

Yeah, I'm sure her big brother is doing it out of the kindness of his heart and not because he's been trying to convince me to get my Friday night shift covered for our date, and he knows he can get me to do it if he's standing in front of me with his ridiculously flawless pearly smile and citrusy, fresh scent. I could sit here all night and name all the things that make the man stupid perfect.

The doorbell rings a few minutes later and my belly drops even lower, stirring as if its tying itself into knots. It's just the affect he has on me. I'm trying to get used to it and hoping that one day, my heart will stop trying to leap out of my chest whenever he's near.

''I got it.'' I mutter, pushing myself up to my feet and wiping my sweaty palms over the black leggings I got on.

I buzz him into the building and unlock the door in advance, standing by it and waiting for a moment before I feel my phone ring out with a notification in my hoodies pocket.

Kayden: Go out to the hall and wait for me. I'm in the elevator.

Well, fuck. The hell would he want this time? I shake my head, moving out to my hallway, quickly closing the door behind me before anyone asks me what the fuck I'm up to.

I'm about to respond with a shrewd I'm here when the sound of the elevator pinging open rings through the foyer.

I'm terrified to look up from my phone, knowing he's right there. His presence is such a force.

''You and those goddamn leggings.''

My gaze snaps up to where one of my now favorite voices is coming from, to a grinning, spectacular looking Kayden.

Fucking hell, this man.

His dark hair is a little mussed even though its styled. His tan skin and broad shoulders beneath his plain black dress shirt. The cuffs of it are rolled up to reveal his sculptured, slightly hairy forearms. The strides he's taking towards me are fast, determined.

''Why did you ask m-''

Two strong hands envelop themselves around my face and Kayden's lips are suddenly on mine.

I gasp, but get myself together to kiss him back right before he starts exploring every inch of my mouth as if it's the first time he's doing it. ''Fucking missed these lips.'' He grumbles against them. His hands go around me and settle right on my ass, digging into my flesh so hard through the leggings, I think he might shred the material to pieces. He groans, dragging one hand up and pushing it through my hair and twisting it into a grip to hold me by the base of my neck. We're pressed against each other and I feel him right there, hard and heavy on my lower abdomen.

After what feels like hours of frenzied, feverish kissing, he pulls my bottom lip between his teeth and draws himself back, dragging it with him and sucking then biting softly before letting go. He kisses each corner of my mouth and mutters a breathless, '''Hey,''

''Hi,'' I can't help but chuckle, panting, despite the dizziness. This man kisses like a fucking dream. ''One hell of a greeting,''

''Sorry,'' he laughs through his now swollen, reddened and wet lips. ''I really needed this. Been thinking about it all week, but I didn't know what or if you told your girls anything so I didn't wanna pressure you by doing anything in front of them.''

My heart soars at his words.

Will he always be this amazing? Seriously. Where the fuck did he come from? I still cant believe a guy this genuine and perfect is somewhat interested in me.

I cock my head teasingly. ''Are you really sorry, though?''

He shakes his head and his chest shakes with a soundless chuckle. ''No I'm not.''

''Thought so.''

Now its his time to cock his head. ''You fixed replacements for Friday?''

''Not yet.'' I confess.

''Better get on that, babe.'' He tsks. ''I've made reservations and everything.''

''I will.'' I verify, keeping myself from grinning like a damn fool at the fact that he's planning this out. He really cares and I love how he's showing that through every word and most importantly, actions.

He grins deepens as one hand comes down to lightly tap my ass. ''Let's go get that crazy sister of mine, huh?'' we walk up to the door together. ''How was she?''

''Cassie's great, she fit right into our crazy circle. You can't help but love her.''

He warmly smiles down at me, thrilled that his sister had a good time, knowing she doesn't exactly have it easy.

I'm glad I could get her mind off everything and make her feel like the normal, fun and wonderful girl she is. Even if its just for a night. Although we're definitely having her over a lot more in the near future.

Everyone's gaze snaps in our direction before I've even closed the door behind me, all of them beaming with delight and looks that tell me they know exactly what we were up to.

''My parents are so cute.'' Soyana sniffles her faux tears away.

''They know.'' I mumble hard enough for Kayden's ears only.

''They're gonna give us shit, aren't they?'' he mutters back miserably, but the glee behind his eyes is all too clear, probably at the fact that I'm not keeping whatever it is that's happening between us a secret from the people most valuable to me.

I snicker, patting him on the back twice and moving further into living room. He has no idea.

''If it isn't our favorite Casanova!'' Ivana sings out as Kayden rounds up the couch and moves behind his sisters wheelchair.

''Yes, yes. Hello.'' He acknowledges everyone in the room with a easy nod. ''Wish I had time to stay and hangout for a while, but the Madre is expecting me so I gotta run.''

Everyone comes up to hug Cassie goodbye, shrieking on about how they can't wait to see her again. Then move to Kayden for a swift embrace, he hugs them back, patting them on the back once, and I cant stop the smile from forming over my features. He's becoming such a important part of my life so I'm fucking glad he gets along with my girls. I really don't know what I would've done otherwise. I trust these women with my life so that's probably why I don't feel even a ounce of jealousy watching their embrace. Like I said, if anything,; I'm ecstatic.

''I'll walk you out.'' I call out after everyone's done with the farewells.

''Thanks for coming, Cass.'' I smile down at her by the elevator when we're back in the hall.

''Thanks for the invite.'' She beams back. ''You're the best and so are your friends.''

I bow down to wrap my arms around her. She hugs me back so hard, you'd think this was the last time we'd ever see each other.

The doors slide open with a whoosh and she wheels in. Kayden stays behind for a moment, coming up beside me and cupping my chin between his thumb and forefinger.

''Friday, Khalil.'' He exhales.

I feel my lips twitch up as I nod. ''Friday.''

He kisses each corner of my mouth yet again, making me weak in the knees, before moving behind his sisters wheelchair again.

Friday.

I have made a lot of decisions in life but allowing Kayden Dominguez to crawl his way into my heart might be one of the biggest ones.

I pray every day I won't ever regret it, but looking at him now, standing behind one of the sweetest teenage girls I've ever met, giving me the sweetest smile I've ever seen. I know he wont leave me with anything other than affection.

Its time I finally get treated the way I deserve to be.

................................................................................

So many new readers since my last update! Hi you guys, thank you so much for being here. 💕

What did we think? Are we excited for this date? I love a good slowburn but writing about them finally making out and planning dates is doing something to my heart. I cant wait to cultivate this into something beautiful. 😩

Don't forget to vote and let me hear your thoughts! Until next time♥️💬⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 176 29
Jamie a High school girl faces problems even getting raped. Through a drunk abusive dad and feeling guilty of her mom's death but,on the outside Jami...
1.3K 367 13
"I can't believe you, I can't believe you would do all of this to win? Did it mean nothing to you? Did I mean nothing to you?" His voice was shaking...
581 42 24
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as he stared across the table at me. I could seriously drown in his eyes. He was intoxicatingly attractive and he...
35.7K 1.4K 33
"The countdown is starting," he says standing up and pulling me up with him. "So this is it huh?" He smiles. "Yep, it-" "Girl I have been looking abs...