When you least expect it (Jen...

By Jensooslaves

Jennie and Jisoo have always hated each other. Since they were little their fathers made it clear that the tw... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 🔞
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 🔞
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 19

2.9K 137 7
By Jensooslaves

"What number is Lisa?" Rosé asks the next morning as we sit in our seats.

"Four," I tell her, putting my bag down on the ground.

Before she has a chance to respond, the whistle goes off, indicating the players coming out. Beside me, I feel Irene sit forwards slightly when she sees Seulgi come onto the field. I notice Jisoo walking beside Lisa, both of them talking amongst themselves. As soon as my eyes land on her, I feel the butterflies in my stomach start again.

"She looks good in that uniform," Rosé whispers to me when she notices Lisa. I move my eyes to Lisa, taking in her. Lisa was beautiful, yet I never let myself notice before, as she was closely associated with Jisoo. Looking at her now, I take in her long black hair and face features, realising she looked exactly like the type of girl Rosé always liked, making me think I should have realised sooner that she liked her.

Like normal, they win the game. This really didn't surprise me as the team was especially strong this year.

"What do I do?" Rosé asks as we head towards the car park.

"Calm down, she likes you," I tell her.

"How do you know?" She asks, looking around for Lisa.

"Because I know everything," I say teasingly as we approach the bench that we normally wait on for Mino. She is about to reply, yet notices the team starting to come out of the gym, making a blush creep up her face.

"You're blushing," Yeri says tells her, an amused tone very clear in her voice. Irene and Yeri were informed of the Lisa and Rosé situation. As Rosé never comes to these games, they would have asked questions.

"Shut up," Rosé says, her hand flying to her face. As everyone approach, I notice Jisoo and Lisa both walking behind Mino and Seulgi. Lisa, I notice, is looking at Rosé, who is still trying to calm the redness on her face.

Irene, Yeri and I walk forwards and pull Mino into a group hug, congratulating him. Once we all pull back, I notice Irene going to hug Seulgi.

I turn back to Rosé, noticing Lisa now standing beside her, looking just as awkward as she does. I am debating whether to go over and try and get a conversation going between them when I catch Jisoo's eyes, who obviously knows what I am thinking as she subtlety shakes her head, telling me to leave them be.

"Pizza?" One of the guys asks, getting agreements from everyone. Everyone starts moving towards their cars, obviously hungry. I watch Irene and Mino both follow Seulgi to her car.

"Let's go," Yeri says beside me. I nod, turning to Rosé, who is still looking like she is extremely uncomfortable.

"Rosé, you coming?" I ask, getting Lisa to snap her head in her direction to see her response. She looks up at me and after sees the encouraging smile on my face, nods.

"So... I'll see you there?" Lisa asks, sounding just as awkward. I roll my eyes, trying to suppress a groan of frustration.

"Yeah, see you there," Rosé says, walking towards me, making me turn and walk towards the car.

"That was so awkward," Rosé comments as we climb into the car.

"Yes, it was. But, she looked happy when you said you were getting pizza." Yeri says.

"Really?"

"Really." I clarify.

By the time we got to the pizza place, Rosé felt ready to have a conversation with her. Yeri and I had given her a few topics that would help. Walking in, I notice that there are four seats in a row that were free, one being beside Lisa. When she sees us come in she smiles, waving us over.

Rosé takes the seat beside her, Yeri taking the next one and then me. I notice the empty seat beside me, not thinking much of it. I subtly glance around the table, not seeing Jisoo, yet I notice Irene sitting opposite me beside Seulgi, both of them smirking at me slightly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Jisoo walking out of the bathroom, walking towards me. All of a sudden I realise something. The empty seat was hers. She stops behind her seat, noticing me. We both stare at each other for a moment, not knowing what to do. We would never have sat beside each other before, literally refused to. I can sense a few people around us watching us.

She seems to be debating something before she pulls out the seat and sits down beside me. She doesn't look at me, making me move my gaze away from her and towards a still smirking Seulgi and Irene.

"Hi, what does everyone want?" Sohee asks, walking over in her uniform. Like usual, everyone starts shouting out their order.

"Jennie, look they added ice cream to the menu," Yeri says, getting me to look down at the menu she was looking at.

"Want to share one?" I ask, looking at the pictures of the massive ice creams.

"Yeah, which one?" She asks, pointing to a few.

"You pick," I tell her, trying to ignore the fact that Jisoo is sitting beside me, yet it is even more difficult when she sits forward, placing her arms on the table and her knee moves to lean against mine. I don't move mine away, yet allow the tingles to move up my leg and up my spine.

Twenty minutes later, Jisoo's knee is still firmly beside mine, Rosé and Lisa are talking away, laughing at something and Yeri, Irene and I have been talking amongst ourselves.

As there were so many of us, our order always takes forever. I notice Sohee and some of the other waitresses walk out carrying our plates.

Once behind us, Sohee goes to put the ice cream between Yeri and I, making us move to allow her to do so. This means that I have to lean towards Jisoo, my shoulder bumping against hers. I feel her freeze at my touch. As soon as the ice cream is on the table and two spoons are placed beside it, I sit back up.

"That actually looks so good." Irene comments, her eyes on our ice cream. I smile, scoping a bit of ice cream onto my spoon and reach over the table, handing it to her. She takes it and puts it in her mouth. Her eyes widen when she tastes it.

"That is amazing." She says, handing my spoon back. I take a bite, realising that she was right.

It is another hour before everyone starts leaving.

"You ready? I ask Irene. She nods, leaning over to kiss Seulgi quickly.

"See you later." She tells her. We all stand-up, meaning my knee is removed from Jisoo's.

"Lisa offered to take me home," Rosé tells me when I look over at her. I smile at her, giving a small nod.

"Ok, have fun," I tell her as I push my chair in. Most of the other's have left already, only Lisa, Rosé, Jisoo, Seulgi, a few others and us still remained.

Jisoo is still talking to the group of guys from the team, including Mino and Seulgi, yet I can tell that she is very aware of us leaving.

"See you all at home," Mino says, looking up when we stand. She has a date with Sohee, but has to wait here till she ends her shift. The moment he says that, the guys start calling out goodbyes to us.

"Bye."

"See you later." Both Irene and I say while Yeri nods her head at them. I notice Jisoo still hasn't looked over at us. I am kind of thankful for that as I think if she had looked at me I wouldn't have been able to control myself.

The rest of the day goes by very slowly, with me looking forward to going to Jisoo's. It is at around six, an hour before I am to be there, that Yeri walks into my room. I was sitting with an essay that was to be handed in this week in front of me.

"Hey." She says.

"Hey," I reply.

"What are you doing?" She asks, walking further into the room.

"Homework, what are you doing?" I ask, looking up at her.

"Nothing. Seulgi came over, so Irene and Mino have taken over the TV." She says, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Is something on your mind?" I ask, noticing how she looks distracted about something.

"You know the way you told me you did something you regret?" She asks, looking down at her hands.

"Yeah?" I ask hesitantly, not liking the topic of our conversation.

"What did you do?" She asks, not looking at me. "You said you regretted doing it, but also regretted stopping it... what did you do?" She repeats. I look at her for a moment, trying to understand why she is asking me this all of a sudden.

"I.... I continued it," I say even more hesitantly, not wanting to have to lie to her.

"Even though it will hurt someone?" She asks.

"Yes, and I still feel regret for that reason," I mumble, also looking down at my hands, hovering over my keyboard.

"Then why do it?" She asks. I look back up at her to see her also watching me. I search her face trying to see if she was hinting that she knew about Jisoo and I. Her face was expressionless though so I can't tell.

"Because I regretted stopping it more than I regret doing it." I tell her the truth, "Why are you asking me this, Yeri?"

"I might have done something that will hurt someone." She tells me. I feel my eyebrows move up, in surprise.

"What?" I ask.

"You know the way Wendy and Joy fell out last year?" She asks, referring to her friends.

"Yeah?" I encourage.

"Well, I felt bad about taking Joy's side at the time and tried apologising to Wendy. I'm worried Joy will be annoyed if she finds out." She tells me, looking back down at her hands.

"Yeri, if you tell Joy how you feel, she should understand. You three were best friends for years. A proper friend will take your feelings into consideration. If Wendy could forgive you for taking Joy's side, Joy will understand that you want to put the whole argument behind you all, and be friends with both of them." I tell her, making her head move up, so she was looking at me again.

"You sure?"

"Yes. If Joy can't see it from your point of view then that's her problem."

"Why haven't you taken your own advice?" She asks, taking me off guard.

"Because it's different," I tell her, looking away from her. I feel her look at me for a second before she gets up.

"Thank you." She tells me before walking out of the door and back to her own room.

I watch her go having a weird feeling she knew everything. Yeri was the most observant one out of us all. People always say it's the quiet ones that notice everything. I know I can trust Yeri not to say anything, and I also know that if I asked her for her opinion about Jisoo, she would tell me. Yet, I also know that if I asked for it, she would likely tell me to either tell dad or to break it off with Jisoo. Neither being something I want to do.

I try putting those thoughts out of my head as I look at the time on my laptop. I close the lid, knowing that I was too distracted to do any work.

I hear my phone buzz from the end of the bed. I realise it's a text from Jisoo.

Good Kisser: What type of take-out do you want?

I feel myself smile involuntarily.

Me: I get to choose? I chose last time.

I stare at my phone, waiting for her to reply.

Good Kisser: Do you want to choose or not?

I know she gets annoyed when I was being difficult, making this more fun.

Me: Well... I suppose I could.

I press send, the smile on my face growing.

Good Kisser: We are getting Chinese food!

I hear my stomach growl at the thought of food.

Me: I like a woman who takes charge ;)

As soon as I send it I realised that I was implying I actually liked her, and not in an attraction way. I feel the smile slip from my face as I wait for her to reply.

Good Kisser: Good because I like being in charge ;)

I think about leaving the conversation there but decide to put my own thoughts at rest, My words taking the conversation in a different direction.

Me: I know, bossy is definitely a word I would use to describe you.

I put my phone down, standing from my bed and going to get changed. I throw on a pair of black skinny jeans, my converse, a cute white top and my denim jacket. I decide to leave my hair down, in its natural waves.

Walking downstairs I call out a goodbye to everyone before walking out of the door and follow my usual route to Jisoo's.

━━━━━━✧❃✧━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 830 42
Lisa and Jennie meet on a dating app and, after a succession of misunderstandings, they hate each other. Quite a lot. Although they would love to nev...
1.4M 41.9K 42
Jennie Kim hates Lisa Manoban, just a simple of that. It wasn't the hate that will end up killing Lisa. It was more like a frustration for not gettin...
307K 8.2K 53
[CMPLTD] They live on the same floor. They attend the same luxurious school. They have the same friends. They couldn't stand each other. And just whe...
6.1K 288 4
[COMPLETED] A very short One-Shot story: ▪︎Wherein Lisa keep on remembering a memory everytime she kissed Jennie▪︎ I decided to give you guys a littl...