Winter Tangerines (IU x SUGA)

By hakunamatata613

"I guess now I understand why fate was not in our favor the first time we met." Yoongi took a sip of his coff... More

hello!
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty (part 1)
Forty (part 2)
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-eight
🍊🍊🍊
Epilogue
AnnouncementπŸ€“

Forty-seven

446 39 2
By hakunamatata613

"Girlfriend?" Beomgyu kept on talking to himself. Now he wasn't so sure if what he heard from Yoongi was right.

"Oh." Jimin was finally taken aback. "I'm very sorry, Yoongi-ssi. I didn't know—"

"It's fine. I'm sorry I was kinda rude."

"No, no, it's okay. I totally understand. Ah, this is embarassing. Jieun-ssi, I'm sorry."

Jieun bowed and gave Jimin an awkward smile. Everyone who was present at the room were dumbfounded. They were not ready for the sudden revelation.

Beomgyu was very confused. He just stood still, shifting his gaze between Jieun and Yoongi. Yijeong however was disappointed. He hurriedly stepped out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Beomgyu approached Jieun after he saw Yijeong walk out of the room. "Noona, Yijeong hyung." He pointed to the direction of the door. Jieun gave her brother an assuring smile then left the meeting room to look for her devastated bestfriend.

Taehyung and Hoseok lead Jimin outside of the building after witnessing the entire drama. Again, he apologized to them before leaving.

Jieun had been walking around the building, trying to find Yijeong. She was already feeling exhausted going back and forth, checking every single office. She was sure that he hasn't left yet since his car was still parked outside.

The only place she hadn't been to was at the rooftop. She hurriedly climbed up the stairs and when she took the last step, she felt relieved at last. There he was, watching the sunset, smoking his cigarette.

"Yijeongie."

The man was shocked to hear Jieun's voice. He immediately threw the cigarette butt on the floor, stepping on it to put off the flame.

"You're smoking again? I thought you quit already." Jieun frowned.

Yijeong did not respond. He turned his back on her and continued watching the sun.

Jieun approached him and stood beside her bestfriend, keeping a short distance. She stared at him for a long time before attempting to speak.

"Yi—"

"If you're gonna tell me another lie, just leave."

"Yijeongie. I'm here to tell you everything."

"You should've done that before." He finally managed to face the lady. "How could you, Jieun?"

Jieun let her head low, uncertain of what she was going to tell him. "I'm sorry, Yijeong. I was just...I don't know, I was scared to tell you."

"So how long have you been keeping this secret from me?"

"A month...no, almost two months."

"Wow. You guys are great liars." Yijeong shook his head. He took a deep breath before scolding Jieun more. "You almost made a scene. What if Jimin-ssi got angry and withdrew his collaboration with us?"

"Is that more important to you now?"

"I used to think friends weigh more than any career or dream I have. But now that I found out how you've been keeping things behind me for months, I'd rather spend my whole life alone working my ass off."

"Come on, Yijeong. You know you can't do that."

"What if I can?"

Jieun walked closer to her bestfriend. She held his arm and didn't let go when he tried to keep her hand off of him.

"You stubborn kid." Jieun strongly tapped his hand. "Listen to me first, okay?"

Yijeong sighed. He had no other option but to pay attention. "Okay, tell me everything." He finally stayed calm.

"First of all, I'm really sorry. I know what we did was unfair. You're a great friend to both of us, but we kept everything to ourselves. Even Beomgyu had no idea about this. Maybe we were just taking things slowly. I mean, we're very busy with our projects so I don't think it was a good timing to let you guys know when we should focus our attention to the album."

"It will take just few seconds to tell us, you know."

"I know. And I know it's my fault. Yoongi wanted to tell you but I asked him not to. I don't know how to explain further. All I know is that I'm sorry."

"I hate you. I hate Yoongi. You were all that I have and you betrayed me."

"Aish. Stop the drama, will you?" Jieun knew her bestfriend too well. "I'm very very very sorry. Tell me what I need to do for you to forgive me. I'll do anything."

"Nothing. You're already forgiven."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I hate it that I have to find out in this weird situation. You surpised me. And I was hurt that you two made me look very stupid. I was always wishing for you to end up together. You both know that I'm your number one fan."

Jieun grinned. "I know. You started all these. Thank you for setting us up on that date...no, thank you for bringing Yoongi to our old studio ten years ago."

"Aish, that was insane. But I knew then that you'll get close someday. You're both stubborn. I love seeing the two of you together."

"Thank you, Yijeongie. I swear I won't keep secrets from you anymore."

"I'll expect that from you. One more lie and our friendship is over."

Jieun rolled her eyes. Yijeong can be extra dramatic sometimes. But now that her bestfriend has accepted them together, there was nothing left to worry.

"Now that you already know, I hope you won't get tired of watching us become sweet with each other."

"Ahhh! I forbid any display of affection in front of me. That's an order!"

Jieun and Yijeong both chuckled. They watched the sunset together until the skies turn dark and the moon appeared.

"I'm really sorry, Beomgyu. I wanted to tell you that time, but Jieun asked me to keep it a secret. I know how disappointed you are, just like Yijeong."

Yoongi invited Beomgyu at his office after the meeting. He wanted to explain everything to the young man before he gets upset. After all, he was Jieun's only brother.

"Disappointed? Hyung, I'm not." Beomgyu smiled. "In fact, I feel so relieved. Noona's really attractive that even famous artists are falling over her. I was very worried when Jimin-ssi asked her for a date."

"You were? Well Jimin-ssi's a great guy. So was Jungkook. I was really surprised when Jieun turned him down."

"I think noona's always been in love with you. She would've chosen Jungkook if she's not."

Yoongi was thankful that he didn't have a difficult time explaning to Beomgyu. The kid has been rooting for him and was very supportive of their relationship.

There was a minute of silence before Beomgyu requested something from Yoongi.

"But hyung, promise me one thing."

Yoongi nodded. He fixed his attention on the young man who looked more serious that the usual.

"Never ever hurt my noona. Or else, I'll make sure you won't forget my name."

Yoongi bit his lower lip to stop himself from smiling. Beomgyu looked so cute with his serious expression. "I promise. Don't worry about it. I've loved your noona for a very long time and I'll make sure that she'll never get hurt."

"Thank you hyung. I really feel so relieved. I'm glad you guys revealed it before I leave."

"Beomgyu, who's leaving?" Jieun was just in time for Beomgyu's sudden announcement. She went to Yoongi's office bringing with her Yijeong so that the two friends could talk.

"Noona, we were super busy that I forgot to tell you. I'll be leaving this weekend. My vacation's over."

Jieun felt a bit of emptiness. She thought Beomgyu will still stay a bit longer.

"Don't worry noona. I only have one semester left. When I graduate, I'll ask eomma if I could stay here with you."

"What about eomma?"

"I'll take her with me, of course."

"Aish, Beomgyu, you know that we're not getting along lately."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I can find a way."

Jieun sighed. She loved the idea of letting her brother stay, but the same did not apply to her mother whom she haven't talked to for a long time.

"Beomgyu, please consider working with us when you graduate." Yoongi suggested.

"Yeah. So that we can replace our liar boss." Yijeong made his side-comment while busy walking by the door.

Yoongi felt upset with what he just heard. He thought that everything was already fine since Jieun already talked to Yijeong. But from what he was sensing now, it seemed like he still need to explain to his friend once more.

"Yijeong, don't say that." Yoongi calmly spoke. He was careful not to ignite an argument between them.

Yijeong kept his silence and approached Yoongi with a sharp glare. Yoongi was ready to receive a punch or any form of pain that he deserved. He decided beforehand that won't fight back. Jieun also panicked upon seeing Yijeong's angry expression.

"Yijeong, I...I'm really sorry. I didn't mean not to tell you. Don't be mad anymore. You know how much I love your bestfriend. Please, just accept our relationship and just support us." Yoongi was close to shutting his eyes. He was actually getting scared.

Yijeong blurted out. "Relax, Yoongi! I was just trying to make fun of you." He laughed so loud which annoyed the hell out of Jieun.

Jieun pinched Yijeong's ear and the latter's laughter turned into painful whine.

"Jang Yijeong, you want me to throw you under the bus?!"

"Ahh Jieunie I was just joking! Please! I'm sorry! Stop this! Yoongi, help!"

Yoongi was still holding his chest, but his nervousness slowly faded when he saw Yijeong pleading for Jieun to let go of him. This time, he was the one laughing out loud together with Beomgyu.

Jieun let go of Yijeong's ear after the latter almost cried in pain. "Be good with my boyfriend." Jieun smiled and glanced at Yoongi who was still laughing. She looked at the three most important persons in her life, creating chaos at the moment, but definitely making her happy. Very happy.

Finally, this is all I ever need.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 2.2K 42
This was my first story for BTS. It holds a special place for me. It got me through some rough times I was going through. A girl moves to Korea to be...
610K 17.8K 63
We've been friends since we were 17. That's how our friendship starts. He's a married man now. "Where are you?" - he asked on the phone. "Home. Why...
11.2K 1K 59
You kept walking without looking back. Your shoulders were slightly shaking because you tried to hold your tears. Yoongi followed you quietly. You un...
15.8K 1K 43
[COMPLETED] "Why are you doing things that makes my heart flutter?" And silence engulfed the room after I said those, again I regretted spitting out...