Mr Bodyguard

By Wxnterwxlf

"Luci I wanted to-" "Don't f*cking call me that," Lucifer interrupted, speaking in a monotonous voice, whilst... More

|00|
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|Bonus|

|08|

140K 4.5K 5.1K
By Wxnterwxlf

- Dior -

"I didn't do the assignment Lucifer! What if I get in trouble?! I can't! I've only been here for a day, I can't get kicked out this soon! What if they tell papa?! O-Oh no, papa is g-gonna be so disappointed in me-"

"Stop."

He interrupted my ongoing ramble as we stood by his car. I refused to go inside, in fear of getting in trouble with my professor for not completing the assignment he set for us yesterday. I've only just had a taster of what university will be like, and that is enough for me to realise that I want to stay here for as long as possible. It can't be taken away from me this quickly. 

"But-"

"No."

His index finger rested on my slightly chapped lips, a dominant gesture.  

I went silent. 

I looked down at his finger, then went back to him. 

"You have nice fingers."

No no no no no

You're so dumb, Delilah

Who says that?

That's not even a compliment!

Is it?

I mean, his fingers are nice. They have little numbers and signs tattooed on them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he quit his job now. 

He looked down at me, as if he was holding in a chuckle. 

Hey, at least it made him almost laugh!

He removed his finger and spared me one last glance before looking away from me. 

"Your assignment is due next week, weren't you paying attention?"

"I-I was! I promise, I just got the dates wrong, t-that's all!" I justified quickly, not wanting to look like I'm slacking or taking advantage of my opportunity. 

He cleared his throat then motioned for me to follow him inside.

"Wait! Can I-I hold your hand again please?" I pleaded, giving him the puppy dog eyes. 

He rolled his eyes, irritated, and reluctantly held his hand out for me. I smiled gratefully at him and took his hand, happily making my way in the building, knowing that I'm safe. 

My grip on his hand was loose, but every time my hand began to slip away, he would hold it even tighter, ensuring that our hands don't disconnect. At one point, he was absentmindedly rubbing the back of my hand smoothly with his thumb, which made me blush a deep red. 

Maybe he likes holding hands? 

He clearly didn't realise what he was doing as when I brought it up, he stopped instantly, letting go of my hand as a regretful expression rose upon his face. 

I now wish I didn't bring it up, because my hand feels empty without his big one enveloping it. 

Stupid Delilah, always making other people uncomfortable

"Hey? Is this seat taken?" an unknown girl asked me, a little louder than she should have since she now has everyone's attention. 

"...oops," she whispered. 

I giggled and shook my head. 

"Nope! You c-can sit here if you'd like," I whispered back and she nodded, giving me a small smile. 

Oh my God

Someone just spoke to me

Willingly!

Ok calm down, Delilah, that's probably the last time you'll ever speak

I sighed sadly at the thought. 

She's very pretty! She had dirty blonde hair, which cascaded down her back in voluminous curls  and light brown eyes. She was quite tall, maybe around 5'8. Her height just added to her beauty! Her longs legs and slim body was hard to miss. 

"What's your name?" I heard her whisper and I glanced at her questioningly. 

"M-me?" I asked, my anxiety rising as I inched closer to Lucifer, who looked like he was about to fall asleep due to boredom. 

"Of course silly," she assured and I looked down in embarrassment. 

"I'm Dior, but c-call me Delilah," I answered, holding a hand for her to shake. 

She scoffed and pulled my in for a hug. 

My eyes broadened in shock. 

"You're beautiful! I'm Sandy, nice to meet you," she stated happily, pulling away from me. I smiled at the compliment. 

"Like Sandy f-from Grease?"

"Exactly. My mom loved that movie," she responded, rolling her eyes a little. 

"It's one o-of my favourites too," I exclaimed. 

"Dior."

I heard Lucifer call out, his tone slightly angry. I nervously turned around, giving Sandy an apologetic smile. She waved her hand in dismissal, silently telling me it's okay. 

"Hmm?"

"Your father said you can't talk to anyone," he scolded, reminding me of my fathers rules. 

Oh yeah...  

I looked down at my lap solemnly, my eyes tearing up and my throat clogging up. 

Why?

I was actually making a friend!

And now I've gone back to square one. 

But papa's rules are papa's rules, and who am I to disobey?

Disobeying only leads to punishments, that's what she always said.

Although I want to go against his rules, just this once, I don't want him to be angry with me, and punish me. 

"Dior?"

He called out, his voice plain and deprived of any emotion as usual. 

"I-I'm fine, it's o-okay," I tried convincing him, but I couldn't even convince myself. 

I wiped away some of the tears that escaped my eyes and looked up at him with a smile. 

"Don't cry. Please."

He whispered and I sensed a little hint of worry in his voice. I nodded, looking back at Sandy. 

"I-I'm sorry, I-I'm not allowed to talk to anyone," I explained and she raised an eyebrow at me, her face the definition of confusion.

It sounds stupid, I know. A 19 years old adult, not allowed to communicate with strangers, as if I were a child. 

"Okay..." she drawed out, looking back at the professor. 

Great, now I've just freaked her out

There goes my one chance of making a friend

I took one deep breathe in and exhaled, continuing with my work, giving Sandy a quick peep every now and then. She looked quite bored, using her phone under the table without the professor noticing. 

I feel bad now, but it's not my fault! Right?

"Lucifer?"

"What?"

"Why doesn't papa let me talk to anyone?" I asked downheartedly. 

"You can't trust anyone, Dior, not in the life you were born into. Dante wants to keep you safe", he explained.

I understand where papa is coming from, I always do, but it's not fair. 

Not everyone is trying to hurt me, right?

Sandy seems harmless! 

I usually have a bad feeling when meeting new people, and I'm always afraid, anxious, and on edge, but I didn't feel like that when she approached me. Sure, I had a little wave of anxiety flow through me, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. 

That's a positive sign.

But papa knows best I guess.

The lecture was now over, Lucifer and I are now headed to his car. I didn't hold his hand this time, knowing that he'll probably say no after what happened, but I still remained glued to his side. Making our way down the hallways, I spotted Sandy entering the girls bathroom. 

This could be my chance to explain myself

"Can I go to the bathroom really quick?" I asked and he nodded, standing outside and waiting for me. 

I stepped inside and saw her washing her hands. 

"S-Sandy?" I called out for her softly. She faced me with a small smile on her face. 

"Uh, I'm sorry a-about earlier. My father doesn't really l-let me talk to strangers, which sounds silly, I know, but there's a good reason for it. I can't t-talk about that reason, because, uh, it's a bit p-personal but I-"

"It's okay Delilah, I understand!" she interrupts me and I sighed in relief. 

Thank God she's not angry at me. 

"But why are you talking to me then?" she asked. 

"I wanted to explain myself, and Luc- Mr Alistair isn't here, so why not?" I answered. 

"Ooh! Is he your boyfriend?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I blushed at her assumption. 

"W-what?!-"

"Oh my God! You two are so cute! He's so lucky, I mean you're fucking beautiful, and you look so hot together!" she continued, making me even more embarrassed. 

"We aren't d-dating, he's my bodyguard," I told her and she huffed in disappointment. 

"I still ship you two, you'd be perfect together," she exclaimed but I shook my head. 

"No, he absolutely hates me, it'll never w-work out. Plus, I don't even like him!"

I never actually thought about it. 

I've never had a boyfriend before. Heck, I haven't even had my first kiss!

Lucifer is a stunning man. I've seen a lot of men walk in and out of our home, and he has to be the most gorgeous one. I mean, look at him! 

He looks like he was handcrafted by the God's! Beautiful golden brown hair, that reaches his jawline. Brown eyes which match his hair and compliment his tan skin tone. His flawless tattoos are a work of art, and I yearn to learn about the story behind each one. I found them a little scary at first, but I've gotten used to seeing them quickly, and they intrigue me more than they scare me. 

His tall and well-built physique also scared me at first. He's got muscles on muscles on muscles. He's quite intimidating at first, and he still is, but I'm warming up to him. Can't say the same for him though, he's definitely not warming up to me any time soon. 

Do I like him? I have no clue. I don't know what liking someone feels like, plus, I barely know him! You can't like someone you don't know!

"What?! How can he hate you, you're a sweetheart!" she asked, completely baffled. 

"I am a little annoying and talkative sometimes, and he's much older than me, he's 27, so he probably feels like he's babysitting me rather than bodyguarding me. He has his own life, which I don't know much about, but he must have family, friends, maybe even a girlfriend, but he has to spend all his time taking care of me. I'd be pretty annoyed too," I rambled, giving her my honest opinion. 

"But he agreed to the job? If he found it such an inconvenience, why did he say yes?" she asked and I shrugged. 

She's right.

There has to be another reason why he dislikes me. 

I'll figure it out soon.

"I'm sorry, I have to go, I've been in here longer than I should be. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Of course! Bye."

We concluded the conversation and I stumbled back out into the hallways. 

"Fucking finally."

He groaned in annoyance, pushing himself off the wall lightly and resuming his journey to the car. I mumbled a quite 'sorry', guilty for making him wait a long time and guilty for breaking my father's rules. 

I'll talk to papa, maybe I can convince him to let me be friends with Sandy. 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I blurted out, and instantly scolded myself for asking such a personal question. 

I couldn't help it though! The conversation I had with Sandy left me curious.

Oh God, it probably sounds like I'm flirting with him 

"I swear I'm not trying to...i-initiate something, I'm j-just nosey," I added. 

"No."

Thank God

Wait no-

Not thank God in that way! 

I'm just thankful that I'm not taking time away from his loved one!

Okay I'm just gonna shut up now

"I don't have a boyfriend."

"I know."

"I've never actually had one before, papa and the triplets don't let me. I'm not even sure if I want one, do you want a girlfriend, or boyfriend?" I asked, since I didn't know which gender he went for. 

"I don't want a girlfriend."

"Or a boyfriend?"

"No boyfriends. I like pussy."

Oh-

Well that's bold of him

And also very inappropriate

"What about you?"

Woah he asked me a question for once

"N-no, I don't like, uh, female genitalia," I whispered sheepishly. 

"So you like dick?"

"I guess s-so?" I responded awkwardly, making him chuckle.

He just laughed.

Lucifer just laughed. 

I made Lucifer Alistair laugh!

"You l-laughed!?"

"Shut up," 

He demanded, the smile wiping off his face. 

"You just laughed! You do have a sense of humour after all!" I celebrated, clapping as he drove even quicker, as if he wanted to get rid of me, but I didn't care. 

"Wow, I must have a great impact on you," I stated in disbelief. 

"No you-"

"Nuh-uh! Nothing you say or do will change that statement. I must be special if I was able to make you laugh," I continued, cutting him of and he sighed in annoyance. 

I've never been more proud in all my life

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I'm extremely proud of myself. 

"We're here, get out."

He ordered and we both exited the car and went inside. My brothers told me they were home, so Lucifer doesn't have to stay. I wonder why he got out of the car with me. 

"You can go Lucifer, my brothers are home," I told him and dare I say he gave me a disappointed look, as if he wanted to stay with me. "...or you can stay! We can watch a movie together", I added on quickly, not wanting to hurt his feelings. 

"You want me to stay?"

"Why not?"

"Okay, I'll stay over for a bit, but only cuz you want me to," he said and I giggled. 

Sure Lucifer, I totally believe you. 

We went up to my room and I excused myself so I can go and change into something more comfy. 

Is this appropriate to wear in front of Lucifer?

Eh, whatever, it's comfortable and cute. 

I walked back into the room and he was standing by the bed awkwardly, like he didn't know whether he should sit down or not. He gave me one look, than turned away from me. 

I couldn't read his expression, as per usual.

"Let's lay down," I exclaimed, hopping onto my bed and patting the space beside me. He stared at the vacant area for a good minutes before finally sitting down, ensuring that there is space between the two of us. I smiled and grabbed my remote. 

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked. 

"Horror."

Uh, how about no?

I don't do well with horror movies at all.

The smallest of things scare me, and I jump at every sound. 

But Lucifer can't know that! I'm not a child, I can handle horror.

"...okay," I whispered, clicking on the first one I saw. 

THE NUN

I saw him smirk from the corner of my eyes once the movie started, and I grabbed my blanket, pulling it up to my chin. 

I can already tell this isn't going to end well. 

Every time something creepy popped up on the screen, I inched closer and closer to Lucifer, until we were now stuck next to each other, no space in between us. He didn't move once, in fact, he didn't show a look of fear in his eyes the whole time. 

How?

"Can we t-turn it off now?" I pleaded, practically hiding behind his large arm. 

"Why? Scared?"

"No! I'm just tired."

Lies

"Is that why your hiding behind me?" he teased and I huffed. 

"Fine, it's scary as frick!" I gave in, now covering my eyes. 

"But I'm enjoying it, and I'm your guest, so you have to do what makes me happy," he continued and I sighed. 

"O-okay, whatever you want," I said, covering my eyes with the blanket, so now, all I can see is darkness. 

I could still hear the movie, which didn't help my case in the slightest. 

After a couple of minutes, I felt my eyes drooping and my head falling back, indicating that I'm about to fall asleep. 

"Night-night Lucifer," I whispered, feeling myself fall onto his broad chest, but too exhausted, I didn't move. 

He just has to deal with it

He didn't respond, but I didn't care as I was pretty much unconscious at this point.

He must've thought I was fully asleep as I heard him utter words I never thought would come out of his mouth. 

"What are you doing to me, Delilah?"

I wanted to open my eyes and ask what he meant, but I was too tired. 

I then felt soft lips on the tip of my nose, leaving a lingering peck. 

"Goodnight bambi."

What just happened?

A/N - Is Lucifer finally starting to like Dior?

He kissed her on the nose🥺 

He's a cutie, that's for sure.

Comment and vote!

Love you all!

2788 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 3.7K 42
Book 1 of the [His Everything] series. Amélie Levine Beaumont is the - first female - heir to the French Mafia (the second largest and most powerful...
5.3M 185K 105
"You wear your darkness like some women wear a little black dress, it's shining in those green eyes of yours." "Underestimating me will be anyone's f...
644K 23.5K 31
**COMPLETED** "TELL ME WHY YOU SPECIFICALLY CHOSE MY LIFE TO RUIN?" Her heart was beating out of her chest. She thought she might just die right the...
1.3M 37.3K 71
"Pl-please I am sorry" "I loved you more than anything, I would've given my life for you without question...but what you did to me was worse than de...