The Prince and His Slave

By luckycharms

Arius is the Prince of Egypt, the future Pharaoh. Everyone knows how great of a young man he is and he is res... More

Arius - [My Father, the Pharaoh of Egypt]
Chione - [I'm a Slave]
Arius - [The Green Eyed Girl]
Chione - [Clumsy Me]
Arius - [Ignorant Fool]
Chione - [The Throne Room]
Arius - [Names]
[Pharaoh In Training]
[The Banquet]
Chione - [The Doctor]
Arius - [Rudeness]
Chione - [The Garden]
Arius - [Reflection]
Chione - [The Ring]
Arius - [Respect]
[Happiness]
[Dancing]
[Realization]
Arius - [Brothers]
[Perfect]
Arius - [The Return of the Pharaoh]
Chione - [The Prince's Chamber]
Arius - [The Son of The Pharoah]
Chione - [My Mothers Name]
[Sleep]
Arius - [Die]
Chione - [The Queen of Egypt]
Arius- [Birthday Present]
[Imaginary Knife]
Chione - [Crying Make Everything Better]
Arius - [Emerald Eyes]
Chione - [The Beautiful Beggar Boy]
Arius - [The Truth]
Chione - [Sword Fight]
Arius - [Another Birthday Gift]
Chione - [Frustration]
Arius - [Reputation]
[Rumors]
Tabia - [Oh My Dear Ra.]
[Hidden]
[Unrequited Love]
Arius - [Family Reunion]
Arius - [The Good People Always Die]
[Execution]
Arius - [Punishments]
[No Time for Jokes]
Arius - [Faceless Figure]
Arius - [Emptiness]
Arius - [It's Back]
Arius - [Unexpected Guest]
[All of Egypt is watching]
Arius - [A Birth and a Death]
Tabia - [It's Perfect]
The Prince and His Slave - REWRITTEN

[The Expected, but Unexpected Guest]

29.9K 647 66
By luckycharms

[Chione]

I rushed through the crowd trying to find Tabia, and when I finally found her, I told her what happened. “What?” She yelled.

       I was glad that it was already noisy.

       “Can’t you two be a little more careful?” She asked.

       I felt my face go hot.

       Tabia sighed. “Okay, common, we have to find him.”

       We left the hall together, but right as we walked to the door, Arius walked in.

       We all stared at each other for a second, Tabia was first to speak. “Um… what did granddaddy say?” She asked, nervously.

       Arius smiled. “There’s nothing to worry about.”

       My mouth fell open. “Really?” I asked

       “But didn’t gramps see?” Tabia asked.

       Arius nodded. “But I managed to get him on our side.” He then grinned. “Like I said before, nothing to worry about.”

       Tabia crossed her arms, still looking stressed. “Now, wanna tell me how the heck you were able to trust Kiana enough to tell her?”

       Arius shrugged. “I had to do it sooner or later.”

       “But are you sure that she wont speak a word to your daddy?”

       Arius hesitated but then looked at her. “No. But I don’t see why she would. She told me she was fine with—”

       “And you’re just going to believe that?” Tabia asked.

       Arius frowned.

       “Okay…” Tabia closed her eyes for a second. “Calm down Tabia…” She said to herself.

       “Well… maybe we should have a plan… something thought up for if she does tell the King.” I suggested.

       Tabia nodded. “Brilliant! But what would we possible do?”

       “Tell him the truth.” Arius said.

       My mouth fell open, along with Tabia’s.

       “Are you insane?” Tabia asked.

       Arius shook his head. “I think the fact that grandfather has taken our side has made me more confident.”

       Tabia shook her head. “You’re crazy.”

       Arius started to walk away. “I’m sorry, but I must be off. The King would be upset if I am gone long.”

       Tabia watched him, shocked. “What in the name of Ra has gotten into him?”

       I shrugged, a little nervous myself. I then turned to Tabia. “I’m sure Arius knows what he’s doing.”

       “I’m not.” Tabia said as she stomped away.

       The day didn’t end quickly, which could have been a good thing. But it wasn’t. Why? Well, I hadn’t seen Arius after he left Tabia and I.

       The celebration finished late in the evening, and I was so tired that after washing myself, I went straight to bed.

       I had a strange dream that night. It was a dream of an old man. He was a master of horses, rode them more elegantly than a king would. He had long silver hair that was tied back in a ponytail, and a long beard. He was tall and looked strong, strong and brave. But his eyes… they were familiar, and filled with pain.

       They were always filled with pain, whether he was laughing or smiling or sitting in his room, all alone, staring at the necklace that belonged to his beloved daughter…

       My body shot up and I stared foreword and let my eyes adjust to the darkness.

       ‘On the night of the Princes’ birthday, meet me in the palace garden.’ I remembered him say. ‘Don’t forget.’

       On the night of the Princes’ birthday…

       That was this night.

       I had forgotten.

       I jumped out of bed and ran out of my tiny room, not even bothering to put my slippers on. How could I have forgotten! I screamed in my head. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

       I continued to yell at myself as I ran through the palace halls, avoiding as many guards as possible and ignoring the pain of stepping on sharp stones.

       I only stopped running when I reached the palace garden, and when I did, I looked around.

       No one.

       I tried to choke back tears but failed.

       I walked towards the fountain and sat at the edge, crying my eyes out.

       “Stupid!” I whispered to myself. “How could you have forgotten?”

       I suddenly heard footsteps. My head shot up and I wished with all my heart that it was him. “Alexandra?”

       I turned my head and was disappointed when I saw Arius. Then I was disappointed with the fact that I was disappointed. Why would I be disappointed to see Arius?”

       “Why are you crying?” He asked, eyes filled with worry.

       I ran up to him and hugged him, crying some more. “I forgot!”

       “Forgot what?” He asked, rubbing my back.

       I didn’t say anything. Could I tell him? Could I tell him something that I swore I wouldn’t tell anyone?

       Suddenly, I felt Arius’ muscles tighten and he stopped rubbing my back.

       “Alexandra?” I heard.

       But it wasn’t Arius’ voice. It was much deeper. Deeper, and much more familiar.

       I turned around quickly, and my heard filled with joy. “Grandpa!”

[Arius] 

She ran into the familiar old mans arms, and I stood there, frozen. Who was this man? Why was he familiar to me? Why did Alexandra call him grandpa? Why was he glaring at me as I had done something wrong?

       And then I remembered.

       This was the old man from the village. The one who hated me.

       “Grandpa!” Alexandra cried. “I’m sorry… I forgot.”

       The old man took his eyes off of me and looked down. “I had a feeling you would, my dear. I thought I would have to come and look for you.”

       She looked up at the huge man. “Are you well?”

       He smiled at her and nodded. “You seem well, am I correct?”

       She nodded.

       “How have you been treated?”

       “Well, grandpa.”

       “Do not lie to me.”

       “Well, by most people.”

       Her grandfather nodded, but then looked at me. “Do you know who that is?” He asked her.

       She nodded. “Yes. Of course.”

       His face twisted in anger. “What has he done to you?”

       “Nothing, grandpa!” Alexandra stepped away and looked at me and then back at her grandpa. “You shouldn’t worry.”

       Her grandfather continued to stare angrily at me. “Have you told her who you really are?”

       “Yes. Of course.” I said.

       He turned to Alexandra. “He is—”

       “The Prince, yes I know, grandpa.” She looked worried.

       Her grandfather looked at her. “Why were you hugging him?” He asked. There was fear in his voice. He was afraid of whatever she was going to say.

       “We’re in love.” Alexandra and I both said together.

       “What?” Her grandfather scoffed. He looked at Alexandra. “Do not play games with me, young one.”

       “No, grandpa. I’m not playing games. I’m serious.”

       He looked at me. “You expect me to believe that—”

       “Yes, my Lord.” I said. “I expect you to believe that I am in love with your granddaughter.”

       He looked back at Alexandra. “Have you forgotten what this boy’s father has done to your parents?”

       I froze. My father did something to Alexandra’s parents? I then remembered that she told me her parents were killed.

       My father killed her parents?

       “No. Grandpa.” Alexandra said. Her voice suddenly sounded harsher. “I haven’t forgotten. I will never forget.”

       He looked at me. “Do you know what your father has done to her parents?”

       I looked at Alexandra and swallowed hard. “You didn’t tell me.”

       She hesitated, but looked back at her grandfather. “Grandpa, he’s different from his father.”

       Her grandfather stepped towards me. “Fine, let’s just say you do love her.” He took a deep breath. “Do you expect me to believe that you will be able to protect my granddaughter from him?”

       I nodded. “My father won’t hurt her.”

       He snorted. “Your father killed his own wife! I saw it with my own eyes! And you want me to believe that he won’t hurt a mere slave in your palace?”

       I stopped breathing. “You saw it…” I saw, from the corner of my eye, Alexandra put her hand over her mouth. I could tell by the shock on her face that she didn’t know this already.

       “Of course I saw it!” He hissed. “Do you know who I am?”

       I shook my head.

       “I am Ishaq! I was once the leader of Egypt’s military and the king’s, your fathers’, most trusted follower and friend.”

       “So you know… you must know why he killed her.”

       Her grandfather looked at me, debating on whether he should say anything or not.

       “Please, please tell me. I’ve wanted to know all my life. I beg you.” I didn’t feel foolish for begging at all. I had no care for that. All I wanted was the truth.

       My father killed my mother.

       Now I knew that was a fact.

       But why?

       “Please.” I begged.

       Alexandra rushed towards her grandfather’s side. “Wait—”

       “No!” I yelled. I looked at her. “No. Don’t stop him.”

       She hesitated.

       Her grandfather continued to stare at me. “You really aren’t like him, are you?”

       “No. I swear to you I am not. I hate him. I am embarrassed to be called his son. Now, if you could please tell me why he killed my mother, I would be grateful!”

       He looked away and then back at me. “I’ve never told anyone that I knew. After I saw what he did, I decided that the right thing to do was keep quiet. I knew that he would be punished, but that was the gods’ job, not mine.”

       “But why? Why did he do it?”

       “I didn’t know right then and there what his reasons were. But I did know after.” He took a deep breath. “Your mother was like my daughter, and for some time, she had been speaking of strange things. I never took them seriously because nothing made sense. She had called me and asked me to help her with something one evening, and then she had begged me to quietly hide in her dressing room. I eventually agreed and did as she said. It was only a couple minutes later that I heard your father walk in, and then I heard her screams.

       “I then heard you come in, and I heard your father send you off. And when he left as well, I ran out of the dressing room and saw your mother lying there in her own blood. It was a terrible sight. No one would want to see such a beautiful, young and charming young lady, lying there, eyes wide open, soaking her sheets with her blood.

       “But then she spoke to me. ‘Be careful.’ She said. ‘Watch your daughter. If you aren’t careful, she will be next.’ She then coughed and I started to beg her to tell me what she meant. But she just smiled, smiled and then died.

       “I left to room, and from that moment, the friendship between your father and I was destroyed. Then, days later, after the funeral, after everything seemed to have passed away, your father came to me. ‘How is your daughter?’ He asked. And I responded by telling him that she was well, very well. ‘Is she still the beautiful girl I met before?’ I laughed hesitantly.

       “‘Why do you ask?’ I asked him.

       “He smiled. ‘I have a great offer for you, my friend.’ He said.

       “I watched him carefully. ‘And what is that?’

       “‘Marry me too Sanaa and you shall become a part of our royal family!’

       “And that was when I realized what was going on. The things your mother had been telling me started to make sense. She was telling me that your father didn’t love her. He had never loved her. She was telling me that her life was in danger and her children’s lives were in danger because of this mans lust.

       “But I would never betray the queen, and especially not my own daughter. So I refused. I refused and told him that she was already married. Of course, that was the truth. My daughter, Sanaa, was married and had her own daughter. Alexandra.”

       I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. This was wrong. This was so wrong. I looked at Alexandra, who was crying. She must have not know any of the details… this… my father, must have been making her sick too.

       I looked back at her grandfather, and he continued when he got my attention.

       “And then he got mad.” He said. “And he told me to get rid of my son-in-law. I told him that I wouldn’t do that, my daughter was happy.

       “Then, suddenly, my daughter arrived at the palace. She had chosen the wrong time to come, and I yelled at her in my head. And to make it worse, she had brought Alexandra. My beautiful, green-eyed Alexandra. The girl who was named after a beautiful green-eyed child that I had met on my trip to Rome.

       “Your father was, of course, happy to see her and told me that he would ask her. But before he did, he waited for something. She bowed at the King and turned to me. She handed me a large basket she was carrying and smiled at me. ‘Why haven’t you returned home, father?’ She asked me. ‘We all miss you. Especially Alexandra here.’

       “I looked at my granddaughter, who was grinning from ear to ear. I tried to smile back, but I was too stressed.

       “She then turned to your father. ‘Why will you not let him come home, my Pharaoh?’ She asked, teasingly. ‘He must be tired.’ She smiled her beautiful smile and I saw the look of desire in your fathers’ eyes.

       “I was disgusted. Disgusted and terrified.

       “And that was when he asked her. ‘Sanaa, my dear Lady. Might I ask you a question?’

       “My daughter continued to smile and nodded. ‘Of course, my Pharaoh.’

       “He watched her and then he smiled back. ‘I would like to marry you. Would you like to marry me?’

       “My daughter didn’t laugh, because somehow, she knew this was not a joke. But she immediately said no. ‘I am happily married, my Pharaoh.’ She said. ‘And I have a daughter. Forgive me, by I cannot do any such thing.’ She then bowed. She looked at me, and then picked up Alexandra and rushed off.

       “Of course, the king was infuriated. He asked me again, to force her to marry him. To kill her husband and daughter if I have too. But I refused. I refused for my daughter and the queen’s sake.

       “And then he started to threaten me. He told me he would kill her. If he couldn’t have her than no one could. And that’s when I started to make arrangements for my daughter and her family to escape to Rome.

       “But you might have guessed already that I was too late. He killed my daughter, and my son-in-law. They didn’t spare Alexandra, but somehow, she survived. My friend had found her roaming the streets on her own and took care of her at least until the king banished me from his court and destroyed my home village to make me regret my choices.

       “My friend returned Alexandra to me and I raised her. I raised her until she was taken away from me.”

       I looked at him, and then at Alexandra. It was a little funny how similar all of us were.

       We all lost someone or some people we love because of the king.

       We all hated him.

       And we all had one common goal. To destroy the King of Egypt. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155 0 15
The Forbidden Love is a romantic story about a 19 year old prince named Elijah, who lives in a small town called Lawrind, Serask, on his planet Earth...
15.1K 2K 40
In a world of eternity, where nothing changes. Religion, believes and custom were constant. Rules and laws were made which were dominant, and that wa...
26 2 9
*I changed the story a bit so please reread this info if you read it before 10/11.* In a magnificent kingdom, Princess Athena and Prince Alexan...
1.4M 47.9K 29
Finn has an honourable position; personal servant to the monarch of Cafi, a small country off the coast of France. He also has not-so-honourable a po...