Did I ever stand a chance...

By Antis0cialWhore

𝙀𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙨𝙩 (.𝙣) 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣 ... More

I N F O
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
|twenty three|
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
|twenty six|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|forty|
|forty one|
|forty two|
|forty three|
|forty four|
|forty five|
Epilogue

|twenty seven|

4.5K 124 52
By Antis0cialWhore

- Olivia -

"How about this one" I took a dark blue dress off the rack and held it up to him, he made a face of disgust shaking his head. "What that fuck are you a Ravenclaw" I huffed, this was the fifth dress he had turned down.

"If I knew you were going to be so picky I would have left you home" he chuckled following me down the side of the store as I skimmed all the dresses.

"Then who would carry all your bags" he held up his hands, I rolled my eyes bringing out a dress but putting it back. I wore black last ball so wanted to head in a different direction.

"You literally have two bags in your hands, I could have easily had a house elf pick them up if I didn't want to carry them"

"I don't-" he was cut off by the worker who approached us with a bright smile. He didn't like this, or people in general but I gave up all my attention to her.

"I hope i'm not interrupting anything" Draco opened his mouth but I beat him to it "No, not at all" he sighed rolling his eyes. The lady giggled at us and then continued. "The thought has just not left my mind since you entered the store but we just got this new dress in and I think it would look just extravagant on you" she beamed.

"Well I would love to see it" she nodded and told me she would have it hung in a dressing room for me. "It's a waste of time, trying it on she looked like she had no style" I scoffed looking back at him.

"And you do?" he looked almost taken back, he did, he had great style "Draco all you do is wear black" I justified.

"No, I wear grey sometimes" I shook my head giggling at how serious he answered me.

"Okay got me there" I joked "Now sit down and i'll be out in a second" he huffed taking a seat on the plush couch in front of the dressing rooms. He rested an arm over the back and his legs were open with a straight face one. I sighed at his attitude, he acted like a little boy yet so mature at times.

(Dress up top)

When I stepped in I couldn't comprehend the beauty of the dress, the only dresses I have truly loved and which took my breath away were the ones Narcissa picked out for me. But this one did all of that.

It was perfect.

I slipped it on and looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't care what he said about this one I was getting it.

"Liv are you almost done" he called out, "yeah coming" I replayed pulling back the curtains. As I stepped out I opened my arms doing a little spin "Well what do you think" his eyes were wide as he cleared his throat and sat up more.

"Um it's-" he stuttered out "it's beautiful, it really looks great on you" he ran a finger across the top of his shirt adjusting it "Wow" he breathed out running his eyes all over my body.

I chuckled at his reaction ignoring the heat that was rising in my cheeks, "Hey Draco" he snapped out of his daze looking me in the eyes "Hm" I pointed to the corner of my mouth "You got a little something there" he scoffed rolling his eyes as I laughed.

"Shut the fuck up" he brought himself back together. I went back and changed and brought the dress to the front.

"So you liked it, I knew you would" the lady smiled as she rang it up, "That will be one hundred and fifty galleons" he spit out, I about choked on my spit. I sighed pulling out my pouch that held my money.

"What the fuck are you doing" I looked up surprised by his comment, he had his pouch in his hand too. "Uh paying" I breathlessly laughed giving him a questioning look.

"No your not"

"Well it's not free and your not paying for it"

"Yes I am"

"Draco you don't-"

"No I don't but I want to so put away your pouch" he sassed stepping in front of me. "I'm serious D-" he cut me off once more.

"So am I so step aside now" I was at a lost of words, I didn't want him to pay. There was no need, I looked over at the lady who was just smirking at us.

I gave her a playful smile and laugh backing away embarrassed. He payed and sent the dress to the manor, "thank you" I mumbled as we left the store.

He held his hand up to his ear teasing me "I'm sorry what did you say" I huffed speaking up "thank you Draco for buying my dress that you thought would look like trash on me but in the end made you drool like a dog" he chuckled a bit red in the cheeks.

"I don't think the rest was accurate but your welcome darling" I bit my lip looking at the cobble stone path at the nickname.

"Honey Dukes" I questioned with a sly smile.

He sighed "Honey Dukes."

/*

The ball was hosted by my dearest parents, on what occasion. I don't even know and usually never do. They just expect me to show up and show everyone how perfect there daughter is.

When I grew up they didn't teach me how I should act as a pureblood or live up to their standers. They just expected it, like 5 year old me should know.

But I didn't, which caused a lot of scolding and. If anything Narcissa is my mother, taught me how to act, dress, speak properly when I should. And yet my mother likes to take credit for it.

It racks my brain on how they are so close. They really live up to opposites attract, I don't think I'll ever understand their relationship.

"I'll be back I need some water. Need anything from the kitchen?" I looked over as he was laying his suit out.

I had just finished my hair and makeup. I curled my hair and pulled it up in a ponytail letting some strand frame my face. And went a little darker on my eyeshadow then usual but kept it some what light.

"No but don't you ever just order the house elves to get it for you that's what they're for" he shrugged. "Cause I like to get my own things, nothing wrong with that is there" I crossed my arms that were covered by my silk robe.

I kept my bra and underwear on underneath but still kept it tied tightly so no slips would happen.

"No but that's so much work"

"But there's no joy in something if you didn't work for it"

"If you say so" I sighed walking out. I hummed to myself as I walked down the corridor ignoring the paintings that are giving me looks full of judgment.

"Olivia there you are-" I sigh turning to see my mother walking my way "and what are you wearing Merlin who-"

"Do you need something mother" I cut her off not needing to her input on my looks, most likely ending in whore or tramp.

She cleared her throat straightening her posture. "Guest should be arriving any moment so you should go back to your room" her eyes scanned me.

"Okay but I just need-"

"Olivia go back to your room and get your gown on you should be ready by now have I taught you-" she started to scold.

"Nothing we have already talked about this and now is not the time to do it again. You do not get to start to tell me what to do now, I came home for your stupid ball and nothing more" I stormed past her ready to retrieve back to my room but she grabbed my upper arm stopping me.

"I'm getting really sick of your attitude towards me and I suggest you drop it" she sneered looking staring forward but her voice was loud and clear in my ear.

I yanked my arm from her hand "And I suggest you start actually acting like my mom and not a fucking boss of a company."

As I left my mother behind I saw my father approaching my door as if he was waiting for me. "Olivia please try and be kinder to your mother she's trying" I scoffed shaking me head.

"Yeah well not hard enough"

"I know we haven't been the perfect family but-" I was on one at the moment just wanting to return back to Hogwarts.

"We are far from family" he sighed closing his eyes for a moment.

"That's not fair you know-" I groaned loudly running a hand through my hair.

"Why do things always have to be fair with you two. Nothing has ever been fair for me, I have never been enough for anyone, you, mom, fuck even Draco but you don't see me complaining how it's not fair-"

"What not fair is how you would leave us and just go straight to what ever women you decide was better then mom. You guys never wanted to have a say in my life unless it was public so why now huh?"

He looked like he was about to snap but so was I and I did, "I have to get ready and let's hope I look presentable enough to your guys liking" I rushing into my room slamming the door behind me.

Shaky breaths left my lips as I leaned my back on the door trying to control the tears begging to fall. "Liv?" I sniffled wiping my eyes and standing straighter.

"Yeah what's up" I looked up as Draco was already in his suit walking out of the bathroom. His eyes poured into mine with and apologetic look.

"Are you okay" my eyes trailed down his body a bit, his tie was put together but not very well. I sighed walking up to him without thinking.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be" my voice drowned in sarcasm, my hands fiddled with his tie fixing it up.

"Oh sorry I just saw-" I looked up at him, my hands were still holding onto his tie that was better done now. "No your fine" he assured clearing his throat.

"I should um" he nodded stepping to the side, I nervously giggled "yeah you should" walking past him as his eyes followed me.

(Dress at the top)

For the second time that day I slipped on the green dress taking my bra off since it's strapless. I bent my arm back failing to reach the zipper, I huffed giving up.

"Draco!" I yelled out, he stood on the other side of the bathroom door calling back "yes."

"Can you zip me up please" he agreed walking in. My hands cupped under my boobs holding the dress up. Things felt so simple and easy at the moment.

Like nothing could come between us and the feeling floating in the air. It was like the neediness was there but mixed with patients and tension.

I stared at him in the mirror as he focused on zipping up the dress running his finger along the open skin that lingered. Shivers ran down my spine.

His blue- grey eyes found mine once he was done. His towering body behind me made my body grow hotter, my lips party parted wanting to speak but nothing sounded right to say.

I didn't want to ruin the moment.

"You look beautiful" he breathed out, his eyes scanned me in the mirror making my breathing deeper.

The words caught in my throat as a knock on the door ponded through. I huffed walking away from him and opening the door.

The corridor was empty, my eyes trailed down closer to the floor. I spotted the house elf who had a blank stare "The guest are here" he spoke then walked off.

I gasped as I felt his hand on my waist and front press against my back. His hot breath fanned on my neck as he spoke.

"You ready" I nodded swallowing the lump he formed in my throat. "Don't worry tonight will fly by" he assured.

"I can only pray" I joked, his soft laugh filled my ears as he gave a light squeeze on my hip. He guided us out, his hand never left my waist.

"No matter what your parents say you looks stunning" heat overcame my cheeks, I nibbled on my bottom lip as he smirked at me.

We walked down the stairs making all eyes turn to us. We were greeted with nothing different, congratulations, you two make a lovely couple, I was thrilled the hear about the engagement.

And we answered all of them the same, thank you.

There wasn't much to say to them, neither of us knowing a single person who talked to us. We found a nice table in the corner tucked away from the prying eyes.

I let out a deep breath finishing off the champagne we picked up on the way. As I examined the glass I thought of how small they are. Less alcohol, less fun.

I hated these types of events, I could see my parents looking for me but I stayed where I was playing with my now empty glass.

The first hour wasn't as bad as it usually is. This time I had Draco to talk to, someone to entertain me when I'm bored.

He stood up flattening out his jacket and holding his hand out with a smug look. "May I have this dance" he asked.

I huffed jokingly slapping my had into his, almost as a reflex his hand caressed mine pulling me up. Holding hands tightly he dragged me to the dance floor.

It wasn't a special dance or whatever so we were dancing mixed with the crowed. Not much other people were dancing either, he spun me and dip me randomly make us burst into laughter.

My hand rested on his chest his on my waist securely. "Thank you" I whispered out, he gave me a puzzled look but covered it with a smirk.

"For what" he asked as we moved slowly along with the music. "For making tonight easier" he chuckled spinning me up and then bringing me back but closer.

"Anytime darling" my eyes moved to the outer sides of the dance floor, I saw my mother and father staring at us but not with a pleased look.

I gulped knowing I did something wrong, but I didn't know this time.

"I just thought of something" I blurted out looking back at him, he smiled "yeah and what would that be."

"Let's get out of here I know this place that me and Pansy used to go to but if we do you can't get mad" he frowned his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would I get mad"

"Cause it's in the muggle world" I muttered out, but he didn't scoff in disgust or make some snide comment about it. Instead he just, shrugged.

"Okay, when do you want to go?" I didn't say anything for a moment surprised he was agreeing to go into the muggle world.

"Now, let's go now"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 494 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
351K 11.7K 16
"You know what Potter... I think I'll take that offer," Draco began, walking closer towards me, backing me against the wall. "Wait, really?" I looked...
22.9K 552 36
☆ second story in the sequel ☆ • go read "Blood to Love | 3rd year" if you haven't! ✰☽♡𑁍✯☼ He cursed under his breath. "I don't know what to do!" "...
1.1K 45 13
Its his last year at Hogwarts and former Hogwarts bully, Draco Malfoy just wants to clean up his act and get through the year. Maybe even apply for a...