Connected to the Different [...

By Adamervinp

When Dr. W.D. Gaster fell into his creation, he couldn't use his powers inside the void. What if it wasn't lo... More

History
Confrontations
Nostalgia
Limitations
Trying to make peace
The consequences of truth
Delaying the inevitable
The one pulling the strings
Making promises is a bad habit
Love instead of LOVE
Lukas: Origins
Two creations, two paths
Rebirth and Complications

Secrets of the past

1K 20 12
By Adamervinp

- Frisk.... How shall I put it...?- I turned towards the other human. The monsters were ahead of us, while the two of us stayed behind.

- What is it?- He raised his eyebrow rather skeptically.

- Your sudden power change. How did that happen?- I looked at him, observing his expression. His eyes nearly pierced through me.

- Why are you asking about things that are none of your concern?- He lowered his gaze back onto the road ahead of us. I was taken aback by his sudden coldness.

- Would you please let us care about you? You've been distant. Too distant for your own good.- I sighed, looking at his hand, which was still glitching.

- It's better if you don't interfere with what I'm doing.- He growled.

- Frisk, you don't have the audacity to be upset. Both of us lost a member of our family since that thing started killing.- I tried to remain calm instead of letting my grudges control me.

- Enough of this topic. Let us arrive home first.- He suggested, and I reluctantly agreed. When we reached the old shack, I felt something breaking.

- We have to hurry home! The barrier on the house was broken!- I declared, increasing the pacing of my walk. All of us were tired, and Neither Gaster nor I could teleport because of obvious reasons. As we arrived, the door was missing from its frame and we saw that Jessica was stabbed by one of the blobs while Undyne struggled to throw her spear. Asgore quickly raised his trident and threw it, destroying the blob.

- Miss Toriel, please, treat her wounds....- I looked at the old queen while Gaster talked with Asgore.

- Papyrus, Lukas, please follow me.- The scientist gestured, and we did exactly that. We went back into the underground to the royal laboratory. The underground lab was much larger, and many years older. Sans was still unconscious and Papy still had the energy to carry him, but he didn't let me fix his body armor. Gaster's been trying for minutes to open the inner lab's door, but it seemed like it won't budge. The code was missing.

- It's okay if you don't remember the password... It's probably just stress messing with your memory.- Papyrus tried to reassure him after the next try of remembering the code.

- Something's not right... He didn't seem like someone who remembers this place. We've been wandering around until we found this door with a symbol combination lock.

- Wh.....- Gaster sighed, taking in a big breath. He closed his eyes, then they snapped open. His hand reached for a wall, but i reached him faster. He grabbed onto my shoulder, looking mortified. His breathing was shaky, but he quickly helped himself up from my shoulder.

- Doctor, don't overexert yourself. The code isn't...- I tried to help, but the in the next second, there was a loud beep noise. He had put in the code and ordered papyrus to put Sans onto the bed. Something wasn't right.

- Alright.... The system's online...- I switched on the computer. It was an old model, but Gaster's tech wasn't difficult to use.

- Now, we just wait for the results. Depending on his condition, we'll take action.- Gaster added as he walked behind me. The machine was analyzing Sans and what was going on with him. I had no knowledge of what was going on, so I had to depend on the doctor.

- Hey, Papy, could you bring me a pen and a notebook? I'll translate this.- I turned to him, seeing that Gaster was busy fixing something.

- They're in the left side room at the bottom of the hallway.- Gaster spoke from the machine, not turning towards us. He happily saluted, leaving to get the things. When I glanced back onto the screen, the results were out. It asked me if I wanted to display them, and I pressed yes. Gaster most likely finished fixing what he wanted as he stood behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

- N... No...- He gasped, but i didn't know what upset him. The screen said that he's "Fallen down". Isn't it the condition when a monster is weak and has to regenerate?

- Hey, are those the results?- Papyrus chimed in, but Gaster was looking mortified, again. I quickly reached for the power cable, pulling it out. Whatever "Fallen down" meant, wasn't positive.

- W-why did the screen go out?- Papyrus's face looked like he was worried and concerned at the same time.

- The machine was overloaded. This place is very old. It was bound to happen.- Gaster turned to him, sighing as he found something interesting on the floor.

- Oh... Well... What was the result?- He looked at us with a smile. Gaster's eyes widened, and we can't just tell him what we saw.

- He's... He's fine. It's going to be a really long process, but he should be okay after a week or two.- I lied, hoping that he won't notice. I'm a terrible liar.

- Whew. I'm so relieved... I could barely feel his soul, so I was a little bit worried.- He smiled, and he was honestly relieved. Gaster was still processing it, and Papy wasn't the emotionless type.

- Are... You okay?- Papyrus turned to Gaster.

- Papyrus... I need to ask you a favor. I need to research some.... Things... And then go talk with Asgore. If anything happens,the elevator will take you to my lab on the surface. I need you to stay here and watch after your brother. And Lukas, I'll need you to train, since you'll need to master Duality.- He explained. I nodded, but Papy was more concerned and complicated than me.

- Um.... What if you let me help? I'm great at finding things!- He tried to convince Gaster, but he just showed his back towards the skeleton.

- No, Papyrus.- He simply said.

- What if I help you organize what you find?- He tried again.

- No....- He stated, now a little more coldly.

- What if you tell me what to lo...- Papy tried again, but something Gaster wasn't as patient as before. He turned towards him and stepped forward, raising his voice.

- I said NO! - He shouted as 6 small hands appeared behind him. He clearly didn't notice that he summoned the hands. Papyrus took a step back, terrified. I stepped in, grabbing Gaster's wrist firmly.

- Doctor, lower your hand. Now...- I said in an ordering voice, to witch he responded. He noticed Papyrus's face, and his own expression softened. After I released him, the hands disappeared and he clearly felt guilty.

- We'll go and talk with Asgore. Please, stay here and protect your brother, Papyrus.- I smiled at him, hugging the tall skeleton. He was surprised at first, but he slowly returned it. Since Daisy's death, he was the first one I hugged, or even got this close to. We released each other, then I proceeded to enter the elevator with Gaster. He changed his clothing in the upper lab and we headed to the dreemurr house.

****************

- It's my fault that Asriel got...- We heard Frisk's voice. As we reached the living room.

- I believe he's still got a chance.- Gaster said as we stepped in. Asgore noticed his voice and turned towards us.

- Gaster! Lukas! How's Sans doing?- He smiled at us.

- Let's not waste time discussing an issue that doesn't concern you, Asgore.- He stated coldly. I was surprised by his sudden emotionlessness.

- What he means.... Is that we're not sure. But enough of that. We got bigger issues in our... Hands. And it looks like it'll be up to us to solve.- I explained, noticing that I made a pun. I noticed that Gaster was looking at Frisk observingly.

- As Lukas was mentioning. If what I think is correct, there might still be hope for Asriel, and the other monsters this thing has captured.- Gaster said as we sat down onto the couch.

- That is... Assuming it hasn't destroyed, not fully drained the collected souls.- I added to clarify things.

- And what about the humans...?- Toriel asked.

- Sadly, the substance that was used to regenerate Sans's body is 100% magical..... Our... I mean human bodies like mine cannot be regenerated that way.- I explained.

- That's why we need to act as soon as possible. It'll be up to Asgore and Torkel to free Asriel from this thing's control. If your bond with him is strong enough, he should be able to do the rest. The only issue is, I have no idea where this thing is or where it will appear.- Gaster carried on. Asgore seemed like he had information.

- Actually, I was able to contact the human in charge of the defenses around the city. They'll set a safe perimeter around the school and the arena.- He added to our plan.

- This... Thing is attracted to populated places, so it will appear at the arena next. The school was already attacked.- I said my thoughts out loud.

- Alright. Toriel, Frisk and I can go to the arena, while Undyne, Gaster and Lukas take care of the school.- Asgore said his plan out loud, but Gaster shook his head.

- I'm not going. I won't leave Papyrus alone to look after the wounded here. And neither you, Lukas. - The doctor stated firmly.

- Papyrus is not fit for fighting. And I imagine that Miss Undyne accompanied by Lukas will be more than enough to handle things at the school.- He continued.

- Right, maybe Undyne can save Miss Alphys. If what Gaster says is correct, she'll be able to help her break free as well.- Asgore smiled, and the air froze. Everyone, other than Toriel and Asgore knew that she was... killed in an accident. Before anyone could say anything, a loud explosion's sound echoed in the air.

- We need to go, right now.- Asgore stated, grabbing the trident. Everyone stood up, and I went with Undyne.

******************************

- I'm sorry Undyne! I'll have to check on them!- I shouted as I left her with a police lieutenant called Ronan. Apparently he was the chief of defence in the city. When I arrived to the place, a big lightning was about to struck Frisk. I summoned the big hands and covered him in a dual shield.

- Ah, an unwanted guest. You're too irritating to finish you this early.- I heard Betty's voice, but something changed. Her body and her face were more... Monstrous. I jumped down to Toriel and a stabbed Asgore as Frisk ran to us.

- We're going, now!- Frisk shouted and it was utterly useless to shout it.

- I'm not a taxi! Be glad that I could come!- I shouted back, teleporting all of us back to the house.

Toriel started healing Asgore as they cried about Asriel, but I couldn't hear them. My head was aching like it was ready to blow, and I fell onto my knees, holding myself up with my hands.

After what seemed like minutes, Frisk helped me up as my head was aching less and less with each passing minute.

- Frisk, Lukas, follow me.- Gaster turned to us as Frisk helped me walk.

- Are... You sure about this?- He added as we reached him. It was obviously a question for Frisk.

- If you are... I need you something in return for you. And Lukas, I'll need you to assist.- He said, worried about me. We reached the lower lab and Gaster took some blood from Frisk.

- Feeling alright?- He asked the human while I sat down opposite of him. Frisk simply nodded.

- So... Why are we here exactly?- I raised my eyebrow, looking at them.

- I did a research in the underground, and found about multiple of your experiments, including the one Lukas found in the Core a month ago. That one failed because it was fueled by determination.... Something you lacked of back then. I need you to recreate what you tried to do. But I'll use the power of my soul to make it work this time.- He explained and I remembered the flasback I experienced in the core.

- You mean that experiment?!- I was taken aback, knowing what happened with that experiment.

- I can see why... You're trying to fix your... "Condition", right?- I sighed, remembering his hand, and seeing that he's glitching even known.

- I suppose... Though, success would mean transporting you to a hellish landscape, with little to no hope of return. Especially considering the shape you're in.- Gaster thought out loud as Frisk showed a thumbs up and a poker face.

- I see.. That being said, this will be very, very interesting.- He said as Frisk entered the machine. With a blinding flash of light, it activated and teleported Frisk to the place known as the void, as Gaster explained.

- I'll... Go and lay down... I'm feeling like I hadn't slept in days...- I yawned, walking to the room Toriel lent me. After laying down on the bed, I fell asleep in mere seconds.

************************************

- Lukas! Time to go! We'll be late from the meeting!- I heard Gaster's voice. I was... In a laboratory, but it was much, much older. Maybe a millennia older.

- I'm coming!- I stood up from my seat.... But it wasn't me. I was standing while someone with the same name, height and voice. He walked to an another room, and I was suddenly seeing everything from his... My view.

Gaster was still the same as before, but he lacked the eye wounds.

- Ready? This will be the first time you join me.- He asked with a smile. This Gaster was optimistic as I noticed.

- Yeah, let's go. Kody was already excited to see me join as your right hand.- I chuckled. Looking down, I noticed what I was wearing. My outfit consisted of a pair of grey pants, a red shirt and dark blue vest.

The scene changed.

- Welcome, Lukas. Feel free to join us when you wish.- Copper, the determination wizard said as I bowed and took my seat next to Gaster. I was between him and Asgore who was much younger with only a small chin beard. It was the same for the justice wizard, Roy and his brother, Shane who was good friends with Gaster. Since I knew, I was good friends with the integrity wizard Kody.

- I appreciate your kindness, I really do, but I don't feel worthy enough to join you, incredible leaders.- I said, scratching the back of my neck.

- I agree. Since he's not human, nor monster, I say we don't let him into either kingdoms.- I heard a familiar voice, and everyone turned towards her. She was hostile towards me ever since I knew her, but she tolerated me because of her twin, Copper.

- Agate, that was just rude. He's a living being, just like us.- The patience wizard, Rin objected.

- Yes, and he's powerful, just like Gaster. He's basically a human version of him.- The kindness wizard, Mila added to her fellow wizard's defending of me.

- Please, please. Everyone, calm down. Let us hold a voting. Raise your hand if you're against Lukas joining the council.- The perseverance wizard, Shane silenced everyone. The leaders didn't move their hands except Agate.

- And not against him joining?- The remaining wizards raised their hands. Shane smiled, then looked at me.

- Then it's decided. Lukas, the embassador between humans and monsters is part of the council.- Shane declared.

The scene changed again.

- Take him to the prison. I'll take care of him personally.- Agate ordered her guards. The monsters were defeated in the war, and I was the only one to be taken as a prisoner.

- Halt! Agate, he was captured on my orders! Leave, all of you.- Copper ran towards us, sending them away. After they left, he summoned his sword, and raised it. I closed my eyes not to see the blade coming.

But it didn't happen. He simply cut the chains that connected my wrists.

- C... Copper... I failed... I failed everyone... You... Toriel... Asgore... Gaster... Shane... Roy...- I felt tears irritating my eyes as he helped me up.

- Don't blame yourself. This... This was inevitable. Look... I'll let's make a deal.- He said to me as we sat down.

- Al... Alright. Not that I have anything to lose.- I joked sarcastically.

- You'll be free, but... You'll have to join me and Agate in our home. Our younger sister is in need of an older brother, and we don't have enough time because of the ruling. You were always good with children, like Kody's siblings.- He said, sighing. The monsters were my family, but the humans were too....

- Deal. I'll come. But.... Make it official that I'm human. I don't want everyone to hate me because I'm part monster.- I said, raising my hand for a handshake, which he took.

And the scene changed, yet again.

- A... Agate....- I gasped for air as I stepped into the room. There was Amber, the Lightvale family's treasure... Killed. Copper was stabbed through his chest, and Agate pulled her spear out as I stepped in. She was driven away because she lost against Copper... But this...?

- The last creature I wanted to see...- She grumbled as she appeared before me. I summoned the hands to protect myself, but she was quicker. Her spear ran through my abdomen, and I fell onto my knees. I coughed up blood and tried to hold myself up.

- Are you still alive? No wonder you're such a pest. You irk me.- She spat out, holding my soul in her hand. She murmured something in a language I couldn't understand, then she let it back into me for some reason.

- Good luck, living through a life of abandonment and being and outcast. Have fun~- She smirked evily, then I felt something penetrating my skull.

Nothing mattered anymore... Nothing... When I opened my eyes, I was in a black room with a grey door before me. I couldn't move, I couldn't feel, I couldn't hear. I could only watch, as the world moved on without me. But... Not for long.

Heya! My apologies if the chapter was a bit too long, but if not, then I hope you enjoyed it! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114 15 10
"I'm bleeding...but it seems as if my fears have vanished as I stare at the male before me. He gazes at me with such intensity and I can't help but f...
1.5K 67 13
The monsters always yearned to see the stars after being condemned to the Underground. And finally, after so many painful years, they get to see them...
14K 96 27
The barrier is broken, monsters and humans are living in peace, everyone is happy except for one person. Frisk has been getting waking nightmares abo...
58.2K 1.5K 35
Sans has had an interesting past. A past that even his beloved brother barely even knows of. A past that he wishes could remain a secret. But when th...