consequences// 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

Kaykay was a stranger. Well, not a stranger, but she practically was. She'd left 13 years ago, leaving Isabe... More

;
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

37

1.7K 58 20
By 5sosxruel

Isabelle

"Something is wrong,"

"What?"

"This hospital is preventing me from meeting my maximum level of cool,"

"You need to sleep,"

"I can't,"

"Why?"

"Ashton,"

I looked at him and he stood, dragging a chair over to the edge of my bed.

"You hair looks like shit,"

"Thank you,"

"Sorry,"

"It's all good," he laughed, "So why can't you sleep?"

"See, you can't say that back to me cos I have no hair,"

"I could say your hat looks like shit,"

"You could, but that would be cruel," I pouted, "Michael got me it,"

"It would be better if you slept with it off, you have a temperature,"

"I guess,"

He slid it off my head and put it on himself, making me giggle, but it died down very quickly and I sighed.

"I think I am gonna try school tomorrow,"

"Yeah? Well you need a good sleep for that. Aimee is going to go,"

"Okay, but I can't sleep,"

"What can I do to help?" he yawned, "I know I can,"

"I feel lonely, and I am in a lot of pain,"

"Oh, Izz. Sweetheart,"

"It's stupid,"

"No it's not. Going through this can feel lonely, especially because you hardly know anyone here. I know it doesn't account for much because I am old, and grumpy, but you have me,"

"You're not grumpy... but you are old,"

"Mkay,"

"Can you cuddle me?"

"It's easier for Kay to sleep in there than it is for me,"

"Fine,"

"Don't get mad at me,"

"I'm not. I am not," I yawned, "Talking you is so boring though that I am tired,"

"Huh, I thought the same thing,"

"Goodnight, I love you,"

"I love you too," he said, kissing my head, "I will see you in the morning,"

**

Sierra woke me up in the morning, Luke beside her, both of them smiling. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, giving them a small smile.

"Good morning,"

"Good morning sweetheart, I am afraid we are the bearers of bad news. You can't go to school,"

"Why?"

"You don't feel unwell at all?"

"Yeah, but I was gonna go,"

"That's not really possible darling. You need fluid draining before radiation. We also want to monitor you extremely closely, and have you on fluids and back on pain meds. It's just not a good idea,"

"Please let me go,"

"I am so sorry darling,"

"Why didn't you guys catch it before it got this bad?"

"Izz,"

"Why?"

"Your last scans looked promising,"

"You should have checked!"

"Mini Blaisdell, you're waking everyone up,"

"Go away, Michael,"

"I'm afraid I am your company until Kay arrives. She doesn't appear to be awake yet,"

"She is supposed to be here before 9,"

"I know sweetheart, but we can't help that,"

"Will you let me go to school?"

"Not a chance. You have jaundice, and fluid build up, and I am just not letting you go anywhere. Plus you're having to talk weirdly because of your ulcers,"

"Take me for a walk at least,"

"Not until Cal clears you for it,"

"I hate all of you. He cleared me the other day,"

"Good to know," Luke nodded, "Page me if you need me, Mike,"

He slipped out of the room, Sierra hot on his heels. Michael took their place and folded his arms, tilting his head with a frown.

I felt my stomach drop and gulped, looking away.

"Isabelle,"

"Mhm,"

"Was that necessary?"

"Yeah. It includes you,"

"I don't think that's fair,"

"Nothing is fair. It's not fair that I am here trapped in hospital with cancer when I can here to live a normal life. It's not fair that Kaykay and I got treated like shit. It's not fair that you lost patients. Nothing is fair!"

"You are clearly upset, but it's not okay to take that out on other people,"

"Nothing is fair,"

"I hear you, I do, but you have taken it out on Luke a lot. Luke hasn't caused this,"

"So you're saying it's my fault, for not telling anyone,"

"No, I didn't say that,"

"Leave me alone,"

"No,"

"Michael, go!"

"No. You need to calm down,"

"Michael,"

I put my hand on my stomach as pain shot through, squeezing my eyes shut.

"You can't speak to people like that, Izz. I adore you but,"-

"Michael,"

"What?"

"It hurts,"

Instantly, his arms unfolded, and he sat beside me, taking hold of my other hand. Another wave of pain came and I began to feel nauseous, whimpering.

Just a few moments later, Calum rushed in and a gave me a smile, putting on gloves.

"Hey darling, what's going on?"

I looked at him with a trembling lip and he tilted his head like they all did, gently lifting my top to expose my stomach. As he pressed on it, I let out a sob and pushed his hand away, feeling Michael grab mine.

"Alright angel, we should do another ultrasound,"

"Here,"

"It's hurting,"

"It will do, now that you've woken up you will be more aware. We can help though. Mike, can you give her some oxygen?"

Quickly, he put the mask over my face and placed a kiss on my head, watching as Calum did another ultrasound.

I didn't understand it, and I didn't try to understand, I just longed for Kaykay to arrive.

"Mike, can you get her specialist down here please? And I want cardio to do an assessment,"

"What? No," I said, "Why?"

"You shouldn't be in this much pain,"

"Well I bloody am,"

"I can see. It's just... Ash didn't actually consult me. Luke and Sierra aren't the most knowledgeable on this area, and Kaykay absolutely hates the idea of another surgery therefore Ash is doing everything to avoid it. However, I know I can remove this in the most minimally invasive way possible,"

"But- but Ashton said this will work. Radiation and chemo will work. We can't keep cutting it out and waiting for the next part to grow. He said he spoke to you,"

"This surgery won't take long to recover from, you will get straight back onto radiation and chemo. I know his pitch was amazing, he's good at getting what he wants,"

"No. No surgery,"

"His method is too slow,"

"No. Yesterday I was gonna be okay. Why can no one here make a decision?" I shouted, "Why can't you talk to each other and decide? I keep getting thrown into surgeries, and you all keep arguing, and I don't understand,"

"Isabelle, slow breaths,"

"No!"

"Mike, can you find Lewis and Juliet please? I am gonna take labs and make sure this surgery can go ahead,"

"Call Kaykay, again, please," I sniffed, "I need Kaykay,"

"She isn't answering,"

"Something is wrong,"

"Isabelle, I need you to calm down,"

"She always replies!"

"Isabelle,"

"I am telling you, something is wrong,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.1K 60
With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always done things together, for Luke was her...
16.7K 429 10
When June turns 18 she is suddenly forced to grow up. After her parents death she is the one who has to take care of her little sister but being 18 d...
615 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.
827 93 37
"Mikey, you're awake." I say as I walk into his hospital room. I sit down on the bed and begin to talk. "I was worried that you we're going to be awa...