STAND BY ME ⟦ BRIDGERTON...

By notdoing_get_help

SO, DARLING, DARLING STAND MY ME OH, STAND BY ME "TAKE MY HAND" "WHY"... More

CAST
AESTHETICS
1 | of course she heard you
2 | most undignified, indeed
3 | men need to be teased and deprived
IV. LIGHTS & COPY
V. RUBIES & PEARLS
VI. ROUGE & APOLOGIES
VII. UNTOUCHABLE & PURE
VII. WINDOWS & LAWNS
VIII. WATERFALLS & RUSES
IX. WORRY & CONFUSION
X. TEARS & MATCHES
XI. CHAMPAGNE & WHISKEY
XII. WATER AND STAIRS
XIII. TRUST & DECENCY
XV. SINS & SCANDALS
XVI. STRANGERS & PUNISHMENT
XVII. TRUST & FORGIVENESS
XVIII. GOSSIP & SCANDAL
XIX. INVITATIONS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
XX. MAN & WIFE
XXI. BANTERS & PROMISES
XXII. FAITH & LOVE
XXIV. LOVE & FOREVER
XXV. WAITING & THINGS
XXVI. RINGS & CHILDREN
XXVII. GIFTS & AUNTS
A NEW BRIDGERTON FIC
BENEDICT BRIDGERTON FIC
BOOK 2

XXIII. STOVES & BETS

36.4K 1K 52
By notdoing_get_help

EPISODE 7: OCEANS APART
CHAPTER 23. STOVES AND BETS

I STAND IN FRONT of the stove, looking at it, as if it will light itself.

It was my first morning as a married women, and I could not even have a decent breakfast, because there was no staff here.

Arms wrap around me, as Louis kisses my cheek.

"Good morning, love." He greets me, as I turn around in his arms, smiling up at him. "Sleep well?"

"Marvelously." I hum, as he leans in to kiss me.

"Is there food?" He asks, as we break apart, and sit down on the chair, at kitchen table.

"I wish there was, I'm starving" I tell him, sighing. "But there is no one here to prepare it."

"Why did you not just prepare it yourself?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows. I curl my lips, not replying, a smile comes to his face. He walks towards me, his hands on my waist. "You do not know how to, do you?"

"Of course, I do." I lie, and he looks even more amused.

"Well, then, could you make us something to break fast with?" He asks me, smirking.

I let out a breath, rolling my eyes.

"Fine, I do not know how to." I cave in, making him laugh.

"That is quite alright, love." He replies, as he makes his way to the stove, lighting it, as I raise m eyebrows. "I can make us something."

"You know how to cook?" I ask him, in disbelief.

"What?" He asks, putting a pan on the stove. "Should I not?"

"No, of course, you should." I tell him, still surprised.

"Why do you sound so shocked?" He asks, chuckling.

"I just thought you never needed to know how to do chores." I reply. "You are a Prince, afterall."

"Well, maybe I wanted to be able to cook for my wife." He replies, smiling, as I get up, and walk to him.

"Hm, she sounds like a very lucky girl." I hum, as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"She does, does she not?" He asks, and I give him a sweet kiss.

"YOUR MAJESTY, YOUR GRACE." Lady Danbury greets, as Daphne and I walk in. "Welcome to my den of iniquity." Daph and I look around, at see women laughing, drinking and gambling. "I believe you both already know Lady Trowbridge, but have you met Lucy Granville?" Lady Danbury introduces, as we reach a table. "And this is Kitty Langham."

"The general's wife, yes." Daphne replies.

"It's lovely to meet you all." I tell them, smiling.

"Well, do not just stare." Lady Danbury tells the dealer, sitting down. "Deal the Princess and Duchess in."

"We shall teach you the rules." Lady Granville tells us, as we are dealt the cards.

"First, a woman takes her wedding vows, then we gamblers take her virtue." Lady Trowbridge says, earning a small laugh form me.

"If her husband has left any to be taken." Lady Granville adds.

All of the ladies laugh, as Lady Danbury reassures us.

"Have no fear." She tells us. "Each turn, all you have to do is set your token on the card you believe the dealer will turn over. Now, ladies, place your bets."

"Takes away the sting of losing, I rather think." Mrs. Langham offers Daphne and I a drink, and pours it into our glasses.

"The Princes and the Duchess are quick studies." Lady Danbury cuts in. "I'm sure they will have the measure of things in no time. All it takes is a little practice and perseverance."

"THE EARL WOULD HAVE my head if he knew how much money I have lost." Lady Trowbridge tells us.

"Well, it's a good thing then, that the Earl is but two years old." Mrs. Langham replies.

"Hmm. Well, then, I'm in luck, am I not?" Lady Trowbridge replies, and we all laugh.

A/N

I'M THINKING ABOUT ADDING A GRAPHIS CHAPTER TO THIS, AND I HAVE MADE AESTHETICS, BUT IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! AND NOT JUST FOR THIS STORY, FOR ANY OF MY STORIES

MESSAGE ME IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED, AND HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THE CHAPTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 33 14
Smutt fluff bridgerton one shots of the couples in the future
44.1K 1.4K 13
"I do not wish to marry." 【bridgerton fanfic】 【m! oc x fem! oc】 【s1 - ???】 disclaimer: i don't own bridgerton nor any of its characters. i only own F...
84 0 3
Ada Adderley, having lost her parents at a fairly early age and left with three younger sisters and an only brother, thought, like all romantic and d...
20.4K 248 7
Simon Basset, The Duke of Hastings, based One Shots