Scream ✘ Huang Renjun

By markscult

✘ Demon Au ✘ "Oh Darling you have no idea what I'm capable of." Book 3 in the Drippin' series More

✘P R E L U D E
✘C H A R A C T E R S
✘1
✘1.2
✘1.3
✘1.4
✘1.5
✘1.6
✘1.7
✘1.8
✘1.9
✘1.10
✘1.11
✘1.12
✘1.13
✘1.14
✘1.15
✘1.16
✘1.17
✘1.18
✘1.19
✘1.20
✘1.21
✘1.22
✘1.23
✘1.24
✘1.25
✘1.26
✘1.27
✘1.28
✘1.29
✘1.30
✘1.31
✘1.32
✘1.33
✘1.34
✘1.35
✘1.36
✘1.37
✘1.38
✘ 1.39
✘ 1.40
✘1.41
✘1.42
✘1.43
✘1.44
✘1.45
✘1.46
✘1.47
✘1.48
✘1.49
✘1.50
✘1.51
✘1.52
✘1.53
✘1.55
✘1.56
✘1.57
✘1.58
✘2
✘2.1
✘2.2
✘2.3
✘2.4
✘2.5
✘2.6
✘2.7
✘2.8
✘2.9
🫶🏻

✘1.54

18.3K 1.2K 3.6K
By markscult

"Hi!" Jisoo greeted happily as she smoothly sat in the passenger side of Renjun's sleek black car- shutting the door behind her then glancing over at the driver.

"Hey." He greeted back, reminding her to put her seatbelt on and she perked up in realisation- nodding as she put it on.

"I can't believe Aria is going to be twenty."
"Honestly...I can't believe Chae and Jisung are nineteen either."

"Time flies." She sighed, leaning her head back on the headrest and looking out at the sight of houses zooming out of her eyeline as he picked up the speed of the car.

"Any present ideas in mind?" Jisoo yawned as she spoke, turning her head over towards him and Renjun hummed shortly- focused on the road ahead of him before answering.

"She said she wanted a Pandora ring or something but I was going to get her a perfume too."

"That's nice, has the paint for the house been sorted?"
"Yeah, they decided on grey. We'll move into it in a few days."

It was actually the morning of Thursday, the day before the dance and luckily for the two of them, they didn't have photography until last period.

Arriving to the opulent, vast shopping centre which stood six floors tall with a gleaming glass window sky roof at the pinnacle of the infrastructure.

The atmosphere inside the shopping centre was warm, cosy and magical. The whole of the building was decked out with valentines decorations and the golden hues of the various fairy lights set the calming, heartwarming tone.

"Wow," Jisoo murmured almost inaudible as she walked alongside Renjun who was putting his leather wallet into his back pocket, black hair effortlessly falling over his eyes before flickering over to the easily fascinated girl.

"Is this the one?" Jisoo asked, pointing over to the Pandora store and Renjun's gaze fleeted over to it and he nodded.

"Come on." He directed, his hand on the small of her back which sent euphoric tingles up her spine.

Filling the tense air, the sound of tires screeching against the grey pavement and the roaring engine faded off into the distance, allowed the two to sigh in relief before stepping out from behind the high bushes.

"Okay, they're gone." Chaerin spoke, hand on back from the pain in crouching, she looked over her shoulder at Donghyuck who was struggling to haul out the object from the back of his own car.

Chaerin rolled her eyes, walking over to the door and knocking on it, clearing her throat slightly awkwardly as she hadn't met who Jisoo was living with.

"Hello?" The woman at the door greeted confused and Chaerin smiled.
"Hi, can we just leave something in Jisoo's room? It's for her."

Aera's eyes left Chaerin and trailed over at the open trunk of Donghyuck's car to the things he was trying to take out- a smile curving up on her lips as she let them in with some help of course.

Donghyuck grunted as he was using every last bit of his strength to hold up the heavy object in his arms as Chaerin cleared Jisoo's desk.

"Why is this thing so heavy?" He complained, disgust on his face from the amount of effort he was going through and Chaerin walked over to help him move it to the desk.

"Oh come on, you carried it up the stairs- it's not like you lifted 50 weights." The nineteen year old scoffed, stepping back as she adjusted a few things and left the cover over it.

"Right, put those on her bed and lets go." Chaerin ordered, glancing around the cosy white room which had accents of a muted light purple tying it all together.

There was a picture frame on her bedside table, capturing Chaerin's interest as she approached it.

Her family.

The 5 of them with beaming pure smiles of happiness, her parents stood behind with Jisoo's Dads' arm around his wife's waist as they smiled into the camera.

Ahead was a younger version of Jisoo by some years, her hair shorter and the front pieces of it pulled back in two braids around her head. There was a glint in her eyes, her aura radiated kindness and warmth.

She was crouched down alongside her brother, both of them holding onto the small baby girl.

Chaerin's own lips grazed up in a smile, a sadness flowing through her at the realisation she hadn't seen her family in months.

Her eyes fleeted over to the second picture frame, one she was more familiar with.
Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisoo all stood in white and grey uniforms- again all smiling.

She stood in front of them in the middle with a beaming grin, face in her hands which formed a v-shape as the boys laughed at her posing.

They all looked so happy, Chaerin hadn't really realised how close they all actually were.

There was one thing that really stood out to her, and that was the sight of Jisoo's pure white wings blooming behind her.

With a sad sigh, Chaerin turned away.
She had been through so much but never showed it, she always smiled and made sure everyone else was happy.

She really was an Angel.

But soon she would be forced into something else.

"These are cute, don't you think?" Jisoo asked, holding the earrings up and the boy tilted his head and shrugged.
"I mean I guess, I don't know."

She shook her head at him barely looking, Renjun looked out of place because he just lingered around the rings and necklaces until the fallen joined him.

"Hm, what kind of thing does she like?"
"...um," Renjun began, blank expression and Jisoo's eyes widened in surprise.

"She's your sister!"
"I mean...to be fair I didn't know she was my sister until like over half a year ago."

Jisoo clicked her tongue disapprovingly and shook her head as she turned her attention down to the various jewellery.

Despite her rambling on about the different charms and pendants, questioning Renjun if Aria would like them, her words were a blur to him as his eyes became glued to her features.

Enthralled by her beauty, every inch of her face was perfectly sculpted- her plump pink hued lips moving as she spoke and long eyelashes fluttering as she blinked.

"So...which one do you like?" She finally asked after explaining, not gaining a reply so she turned her head up oblivious to his stare.

When she caught sight of his eyes on her she felt a strange warm tickling sensation in her stomach and her breath caught in her throat.

"Renjun?"
"Yeah?" He breathed out, tearing his gaze away to pretend to busy himself in the jewellery. "Yeah it's nice."

Jisoo's giggles made him look at her confused.
"That wasn't my question." She raised a brow.
"Sorry, I was a bit distracted." He replied, his palms rested on the edge of the table display as he leant over it- head turned to the side to look over at her.

His eyes were piercing, intimidating but to Jisoo they were such a pretty sight.
Right now, she became flustered under his gaze that she couldn't form coherent thoughts.

There was a heat that appeared on her cheeks, unable to keep the eye contact as she turned her head and a small chuckle escaped his lips at how easily flustered she became.

He walked closer, close that she could feel the warmth and his scent drifted over to her- arm nudging against hers when he leant over with his hand- skin brushing against Jisoo's.

Renjun's fingers lingered on the necklace in her hand, the proximity between them close and she could feel his stare burning down onto her.

Turning her head up, she met his eyes and the tension heightened with unspoken words.
She was unable to keep a steady heart rate, it shaking against her ribcage faster than usual.

"Are you okay? You seem to be a little..." Renjun began, his hand still brushing against hers which elicited butterflies to erupt inside her stomach. His light touch skimmed her palm to her fingers and at this point, she had forgotten to breathe.

The demon leant his head down, head tilting to the side as his eyes flickered from her lips back to her dilated brown eyes.
"Flustered."

Renjun grasped the necklace and the ring Jisoo wanted to buy for Aria out of her hand, a smirk pulling on his lips as he entirely leant away and turned around to head towards to cashier- leaving Jisoo stood there in a mixture of shock and a flurry of emotions churning inside her.

By the time Renjun had waited in the long line and paid for the presents (not using the money Jisoo gave him to pay for her own), his eyes scanned over the store with no sign of the girl and he stepped outside- slightly panicked but he caught sight of her on the opposite side to the Pandora store- admiring the large display in front of her.

Smiling, he chuckled to himself- walking over without her knowing of his presence.
"Do you want to get anything?" He asked, making her flinch but once she realised it was him, she shook her head.

"No, do you?" She inquired as he handed back her wallet.
"I didn't use it."
"What? But-" before she could start insisting to pay him back- he linked his fingers through hers which caused her words to cease and he pulled her to follow him.

"You can pay me back later."
"But you can take the money now-"
Renjun glanced over at her from behind his shoulder- shaking his head.

"You can pay me back with an answer later."
"What-"
"We should get back before our lesson- come on."

It was quite a shock to see Jisoo getting out of Renjun's car- him taking the photography folder out of her hand to carry as they both headed towards the doors.

"They must really be dating."
"Must be nice, I'm single for tomorrow."
"Ask Jaemin to the dance then."
"Don't you think Renjun looks happier, what's gonna happen when he leaves though..."
"True, she'll probably fall for someone else though."
"Scandalous."
"Your vocab is really limited my g, you need to go back to year 1 English."
"Damn...scandalous looks a bit angry at you."
"...scandalous."
"That seemed like an angry scandalous to me."
"Shut up please-"

"We're too early." Renjun sighed.
"Let's head to the cafeteria, we have like 40 minutes till lesson."

They both agreed and seeing as most people were in lesson, only a handful of groups were in the cafeteria which made the atmosphere calmer.

People often spend their free periods here, it was a nice atmosphere with unlimited food.

"I'm so tired." Renjun muttered, elbows on the table as he rubbed his eyes.
"Why? You don't need sleep though?"

"No, just it's exhausting- feel drained."

Jisoo frowned, knowing he had become a stronger demon which would've taken a toll on him.
"Did you...eat?" She spoke, referring to blood and he nodded, dropping his head down to lightly rub at his shoulder and rolling his head to alleviate pain from his neck.

"Make sure to rest when you get home okay?"
"Yeah, I will- don't worry so much." He teased lazily, yawning after.

Jisoo began flicking through their finished project, making sure nothing was missing as Renjun watched her- eyes growing heavier.

He kept glancing over at her, slightly hesitant but he decided to as naturally as possible, lean his head down to rest on her shoulder.

Jisoo stilled momentarily, heart soaring and a warm ringing in her stomach reappeared.

Instead of saying anything, she rested her cheek against his head, soft hair cushioning her skin as his breaths began to become deeper and softer.

There was a smile on her lips as she lightly touched his hand that was on his thigh- grasping it in her own and her thumb gently grazed over his bruised, crackled knuckles to which she frowned at.

She couldn't help but glance over at him as best as she could, internally cooing at how innocent and peaceful he looked as he slept.

Huang Renjun...there's really no one like you

The slumber didn't last long until he opened his eyes again, a solid 25 minutes later- blinking away the sleepiness as he realised he had actually fallen asleep on her.

Straightening up- his eyes met hers and she smiled at him.
"You should sleep more if you're tired."

He shook his head, running his fingers through his hair and glanced back at the girl to see her gazing at him intently with a gentle look in her eyes.

"I'm going to miss you when you guys go."
"We can all still hang out-"
"No...I mean I'm going to miss you Renjun." She emphasised which left him rendered speechless to which she continued.

"I really will, I think I've gotten used to having you around that it's sad to think we can't see each other at Uni anymore."

"You don't have to stay here." He spoke which made her look up at him. "Chenle wanted you to come here so he could look over you and for you to live as a normal human but...you're already smarter than everyone."

His words make her smile, shaking her head at him lightly.
"There's no reason for the Angel's to stay either, I think they'll stay because of you so you'll have them." Renjun reached out, ruffling her hair with an amused glint in his eyes. "Don't worry your little head too much."

He was right, there really was no reason to stay.

"I can't believe this is our last photography lesson." She spoke, feeling oddly reminiscent and he hummed before the bell rang out- alerting of the last lesson to begin.

"We should get going." He spoke. "We need to present our work." Renjun stood up, stretching out his arms with a yawn before walking alongside the girl towards their last lesson together.

The sleek black car stilled in front of Jisoo's house, engine dying down.

"Thank you for driving me home."
"No problem sweetheart- I'm actually going to head towards the new house anyways it's not that far."

"That's true." She nodded, reaching over to the backseat to grab her bag.

Renjun seemed oddly on edge or bothered by something, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and he kept glancing over at her house.

"You okay?" She asked.
"Yeah, you should head inside."
"Okay," she smiled. "Bye!"

Renjun managed out a bye as he watched her walk towards her door and only once she was safely inside, he drove off with his nerves acting up.

Jisoo pushed open her bedroom door, placing her bag to the side along with the Pandora bag which had Aria's gift inside it.

When she looked up, she was not expecting to see what she saw.

On her desk there was a tall rectangular object leaning against her wall and a couple things on her bed.

She noticed the chocolates displayed on her bed and a note next to them but she turned her attention towards the desk.

In utter shock, Jisoo's fingers grasped the white material covering the object and she pulled it away to reveal a canvas which had been painted on.

A gasp left her lips as she stared at the painting in front of her, tears springing to her eyes.

"Oh my God."

It was a painting of a girl, Jisoo, who was turned around- her back divided with two sides.

One had an intricate white wing blooming from her back and the other had the deeply engraved, detailed scar from becoming a fallen.

Both sides from this painting looked breathtakingly beautiful, something she didn't feel but from this perspective, it brought tears to her eyes.
Lastly was the drawing of the metaphorical halo above her head which correlated both to the Angel side and the fallen side.

Jisoo,

This is really fucking weird for me to do okay bare with me.

I know you've always wanted to do the things you've missed out on and I understand how important it is to you.

I am glad you're in my life too, I know I'm not as open with how I think and feel but you've helped me to overcome the overwhelming guilt and sadness I felt on a daily basis.

You're so bright, kind hearted and warm which is everything I am not, I didn't like you at first- to be honest I was really jealous of you.

I know it's pathetic but how could I not be jealous of a someone with no flaws.

It's always been a dream of yours to become a guardian Angel and I know you think it's never going to come true but I want you to know that Angel, Fallen or anything else- you're my Guardian Angel.

I really do mean that, thank you for letting me become the person I used to be.

-Renjun.

Jisoo didn't even have time to take in the letter before she began running down the stairs- subconsciously grabbing the coat Renjun had left her and haphazardly pulling on her shoes.

The human girl began running down the street with the wind carrying through her hair and before she knew it, she reached the familiar gates.

Almost desperately, her eyes scanned the surrounding to find the boy and to her fortune, he was there.

He stood by the river with his back turned to her, hands in his pocket.

Jisoo reached him, slightly out of breath as she stood a fair distance away.

"Hi."

Renjun's stance straightened, whipping his head back to see her standing there with a smile and reminiscent of her tears staining her cheeks.

"Hey. Are you okay?" His eyebrows furrowed, turning around fully towards her and she nodded with a smile still on her lips.

"It was really beautiful, thank you so much." She sniffled, not wanting to become emotional again and Renjun's eyes softened- stepping towards her to bring her into his embrace.

The palm of his hand ran down the back of her head and to the middle of her spine- allowing her to grip onto him.

"Thank you." She repeated, relishing in his grip before she parted away from him.

"But...what was it for?" She asked and Renjun cleared his throat, cheeks slightly heating up and he kept shifting from one foot to the other.

"Do you want to go to the dance?" He blurted out, causing her heart to skip a beat but she remembered earlier where he had left her flustered- to which her lips curved up.

"I'm already going." She replied, acting naïvely.
"No I mean..." he trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck with his ears bright red.

"With me?"

Jisoo broke out into a smile, unable to contain it as she nodded.
"I'd like that."
"Really?- I mean, yeah that's cool. Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." He spoke, beginning to walk off to which Jisoo suppressed a laugh at despite her heart thumping erratically.

"You boyfriend?"
"Talon!"
"Jisoo."
"Oh- no he's not my boyfriend."
"Yet?"
"Yet." She gave him a grin, feeling like a school girl in love.

Talon grunted, looking back to the gate where Renjun had left through moments before.

"Maybe wrong was Talon- not all demon bad."
"You're right...they're not bad at all. They're quite admirable- wow...I never thought I'd be saying that." She admitted.

"You changed."
"I guess I have." She nodded with a ghost of a smile. "But I'm okay with that."

Wow 3k words just for you ;)

How we feeling

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 183K 120
☾ Idol au ☾ Social media/text au ☾ "Yo what, how did you know that?" "Mark...I'm literally your fan." Book 1 in the Dreaming series Book cover: @...
164K 5.5K 56
" I can be her sweet fantasy but your worst nightmare" Jaemin fanfic psychopath
57.5K 1.9K 30
she follows her dreams but never expected to met a dream. • swearing • alcohol mentioned • book 2 of the social media series
76.8K 4.5K 50
Ft. NCT OT21 In a world where humans run free, supernatural creatures roam in a world hidden from them. No matter how hard you look, there's no esca...