Mermaids and Vampires

By Juffin_is_here

Mermaids and Vampires have clashed for centuries. When Dylan moves to a small town by the ocean and has a str... More

Prologue
1: Slipping Through the Shaddows
2: A Dark Mess
3: Something New
4: First days
5: A New Kind of Hell
6: That Night On The Beach ~ pt.1
7: That Night On The Beach ~ pt. 2
8: House of Nightmares
9: Close Encounter
10: Unsettling Idiosyncrasies
11: A Twist on the Unusual
12: Morning in the Woods
13: Home
14: Fallout
15: Work
16: Dinner and Decisions
17: The Search Begins
18: Car Shopping
19: Strange Happenings
20: An Interesting Night
21: Caught in Memories
22: Spilt Blood
23: Drowning
24: Awakening
25: Collapse
26: Missing
27: Nightfall
28: Questions and Answers
29: Into The Ground
30: Spiralling Downwards
31: Alone in Company
32: Breakaway
33: Arrival in Creepsville
34: Discovery
35: The Bait
36: Pure Terror
37: A Visitor
38: Bonfires
39: Surprises
40: Ocean View
41: The Spark
42: Sunset
43: Turbid Water
44: Talk Talk
46: Fire
47: Reunion
48: A Change In Plans
49: Onward
50: War Paint
51: On the Dock
52: Back from the Dead
53: A Storm Begins
54: Refusal
55: Arrival
56: A Follower
57: Blindside
58: Caught
59: Betrayal
60: Trouble
61: Hunters
62: Nightwalk
63: A Revelation
64: A Plan
65: The Clash
66: Time
67: Regret
68: Confrontation
69: Moments
70: The End
Epilogue
Note to Readers: Mermaids and Vampires Sequel

45: Breakout

3.1K 181 10
By Juffin_is_here

~~~DYLAN~~~

I wake up after a strange, dreamless sleep. The room is pale. Bare. Except for a small window directly across from my bed.

I go to move but find my hands tied.

That's weird.

I'm too tired to do anything about it.

My eyes wander to the window. The sky is a dark grey and rain is drizzling down onto the parking lot outside.

I feel numb. Not literally. Internally. Maybe literally.

It's hard to get my thoughts clear.

My mind dances over images and memories from last night. Flashing lights. Speed. Ella's eyes looking down on me in the back of a... Where were we? What happened next? I can't remember. There were doctors. Lots of faces. Lots of questions. How was I feeling? How was I doing?

Of course it was obvious. The conclusion they'd come to when they found me in the water. Exacerbated by Ella's account of my acting job earlier.

Yes. It makes sense. Logical.

"I'm putting you on antidepressants." Someone said in the blur of last night's events.

And here I am now. Strapped to a bed. In isolation.

A captive.

I've got to get out of here.

My eyes dart to the zip ties secured around my wrists. I pull but it's no use. This is going to be difficult.

I look around for something, anything, that will help me get out of this mess. Naturally, there's nothing sharp in the area.

What can I do?

I shuffle into a sitting position.

The door to my left is closed and has a thin rectangular window looking into a sterile hallway.

My keys are in my pocket! I suddenly remember.

Correction, my keys should be in my pocket. Feeling around reveals they're conspicuously gone.

Fantastic.

I don't have to wait long.

A face pops in startling me.

"How're you doing?" A nurse asks.

"This is a big misunderstanding." I start.

But she isn't buying it.

Had I said that last night too? This feels like deja vu...

"Are you comfortable?" She asks flatly.

That's annoying, ignore my pleas for release, sure. 

How can I get myself out of this?

"No." I state.

She seems unimpressed. Then leaves. Then comes back with a few pillows.

I groan under my breath. But this could be a plan...

I try to grab the pen from her front pocket as she leans to position the pillows behind me.

My fingers can barely grasp the tip of it.

She notices my touching and pulls back abruptly, giving a dirty look.

I'm screwed. She's onto me.

When she leaves I drop my head in defeat.

My eyes open only to stare down at a pair of short-tipped scissors in my lap.

It's a huge win.

My hands struggle to reach the shining silver saviours. They must have fallen out of her pocket when I was fishing for the pen.

Carefully, with great effort, I cut through the tough plastic. I feel like a prisoner breaking out jail. My mind is already leaping ahead to how the hell I'm gonna walk out of this place without being noticed.

One one hand is free it's easy to release the other. I hop out of the bed and onto my unsteady legs.

Must be the drugs... Or else I'm just weak from all that swimming yesterday.

Regardless, I understand I probably don't have much time before that nurse comes back.

After a precautionary scan of the surrounding area through the window, I take to the halls. The sooner I can leave this place behind me and get back to the water the better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 2.6K 29
A mermaid named Melody has a crush on a human boy named Jacob. She has been watching him for three years. One day she notices that Jacob looks very d...
131 1 75
Autumn has just begun her life as a vampire, and now, she's been thrust into a world she does not know. Dylan has been a vampire for a long time. Whe...
9.4K 501 14
[Book 3] "If you want her come and take her"- park jimin. "I will drown you and kill you in the same water where you born"- jeon jungkook. -_-_-_-_...
19.4K 561 31
(The Others Series/Twilight Fanfic) It's been six years since the vampires converged on Forks to help the Cullens and life has settled back into norm...