Winter Tangerines (IU x SUGA)

By hakunamatata613

"I guess now I understand why fate was not in our favor the first time we met." Yoongi took a sip of his coff... More

hello!
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty (part 1)
Forty (part 2)
Forty-one
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
🍊🍊🍊
Epilogue
Announcement🤓

Forty-two

429 38 12
By hakunamatata613

Another week, another busy schedule for the team. They were on the process of finalizing Jimin's album and at the same time, Jieun and Yoongi were getting ready for the release of their song. In connection with their projects, Yoongi called them in for another meeting.

"So here's our tentative schedule. We'll record the single on Wednesday; on Thursday, Jimin-ssi requested for a meeting with the team. By Friday, we have to polish each and every song for the album. By next week, after Yijeong finalizes Jieun's song, we can schedule its release."

"It's not only my song. It's yours too." Jieun interrupted.

The team agreed. Yoongi felt shy again with all the attention he was getting, but he tried to give his best smile and continued speaking. "I guess you're right, Jieun-ssi."

"I really hope this song will become a hit. I mean it's very beautiful. Everyone will love it." Yijeong commented while scribbling the schedule on his planner.

"There's no doubt that the song will become popular. I'm really excited for Jieun-ssi." Taehyung added.

"Everyone, let's do this!" Jieun cheered happily.

The team was hyping up Jieun and Yoongi.

"Fighting!"

Wednesday came—the day when Jieun and Yoongi were scheduled for the recording. Everything was all set, except for Yoongi who seemed to be more anxious than the usual.

"Yoons, calm down. It's not like we're gonna go on stage and perform. It's just a recording." Yijeong tried to cheer his friend.

Unknown to them, Jieun was also feeling extremely nervous...she remembered the times when she would be at the studio to record her songs. She used to be so confident, but after her past failure, she seemed to lose her self-esteem.

Yoongi noticed Jieun at the corner, quiet and fidgetting. He approached the lady with a smile on his face. He seemed to forget how anxious he felt earlier as he got closer to the lady.

"You okay?"

Jieun didn't answer. Instead, she just looked at Yoongi with her small puppy eyes. The man knew exactly what she meant with those eyes. She was scared.

Checking to see where Yijeong was and finding him busy checking the computer, he secretly took Jieun's hand and held it tight close to his chest.

"I'm here, okay? No need to be scared."

Jieun softly smiled, whispering a tiny 'thank you'. They let go when they heard Yijeong getting up from his seat.

"Alright, love birds. Let's go."

The two were surprised with Yijeong's words. He knew nothing, right?

"Chill. I'm just joking. You guys looked so fucking tensed." Yijeong let out a loud chuckle. "Loosen up. This is nothing new to you both."

They felt relieved at the thought that their friend was still clueless about their secret. But not long after thay, they felt nervous again, thinking of how they could make the song perfect. Yoongi looked at Jieun and gave her the warmest smile that he could. Somehow, Jieun felt comforted.

They started recording Jieun's vocals which took longer because she kept on starting over out of her nervousness. She only felt better after a few tries and after she saw Yoongi at the other side of the studio doing his tiny wiggle dance, cheering her up.

After Jieun finished her part, it was Yoongi's turn. All the anxiety he was feeling was gone and replaced with excitement. In just two tries, he completed his part.

"Wohoo! Finally we're done!" Yijeong stretched his arms after listening to their raw recording. "I swear this is gonna be legendary!"

"Aish Yijeong, don't expect too much. Remember, we're like starting over again." There was still worry in Jieun's voice.

"I know, Jieun. But the moment we release this song and promote it to the whole world, I don't think they'll ignore this masterpiece."

"Yeah, I think this will be a hit. Let's be optimistic about this." Yoongi agreed.

Yijeong jumped up from his seat after shutting down his computer. "Alright! So, let's go out? Let's celebrate before we get busy again tomorrow."

"Sorry bro, I have plans for tonight."

"Uhm, I also need to go home early. I have to do some laundry."

"Oh men. You guys are absolutely boring." Yijeong frowned. "I guess I'll celebrate alone, then."

"That's why you need to find a girlfriend so you can stop bothering us." Jieun jokingly answered.

"I hate you Lee Jieun." Yijeong grabbed his jacket. "I'll go ahead. Let's finalize everything this week so we could release it next week. Good job, guys!"

When Yijeong closed the door of the studio, Yoongi approached Jieun who was busy checking her phone.

"Let's go?" He offered his hand which the lady held as they walked out of the studio. Of course, they let go again when they were outside, in case somebody sees them together.

"I need to call Beomgyu. He might be waiting for me."

"Don't worry about him. Yijeong just texted me. He's with your brother. I guess they'll be playing PS5 again."

"Aish. Why didn't he text me? He's not telling me his plans anymore."

"Aren't we the same? We're keeping secrets from them too." Yoongi smirked.

Jieun realized that Yoongi was right. She could not argue further. "Well, you're right. Anyway, let's go." She momentarily stopped before they could get inside the car. "Where are we going, by the way?"

"It's a surprise."

"Min Yoongi, you know I hate surprises."

"Trust me, you'll love this."

Jieun had no choice but to get in the car and wait for them to arrive wherever Yoongi might be taking her. After almost half an hour of a silent and peaceful drive, Yoongi stopped by the seaside.

Jieun was not really a fan of such places so it was the very first time she has been there.

"Yoongi, what are we doing here at this hour?"

Yoongi didn't utter a single word. Instead, he pointed up in the sky to the direction of the full moon shining brightly and reflecting it's light on the waters.

Jieun was astonished with the view she just witnessed. She never knew that the sea looked so majestic with the moon shining upon it.

"When I was in London, I used to think how people would say that each time they look at the moon, they think of the person they love and the possibility that they're looking at the moon too...like they share the same sight of the moon at the same time...like they may be far from each other, but the moon makes them feel closer."

Yoongi opened the back of his car and asked Jieun to sit beside him. "And I can't help but think how the moon was being unfair to me. I mean I look at it in the middle of the night, but I know that there's no moon in here at that time 'cause it's morning here. It's like the moon's telling me to give my hopes up because we can never share the same thoughts or even the same view at the same time. It's frustrating."

"Hmm. That's sad." Jieun was still looking at the moon, enjoying the serene view while listening to Yoongi's thoughts.

"Right. That's why I told myself that when I finally meet you again, I'll do my best to take you to a place where we both could see the moon at the same place and at the same time."

"And you did it, Yoongi. We're here now. We're sharing the same view together. It feels much better right?"

"Yeah. I used to hate seeing the moon because of my silly thoughts. But now that you're here with me, it looks ten times more beautiful."

"Yes, I've never seen it this beautiful either. Thank you, Yoongi. This is the best first date ever."

Jieun rested her head on Yoongi's shoulder while looking at the wide calm sea. They stayed in comfortable silence, listening to nothing but the small waves of the waters.

Yoongi thought that this day will be one of the most precious moments he'll keep in his heart forever. Finally, he felt complete.

"Jieunie, It's time to go home." Just when Yoongi was about to move, he noticed Jieun's tiny snores. She fell asleep on his shoulder. Jieun must have felt so tired after their busy day.

He let Jieun stay in the same state while he gently closed his eyes, also slowly drifting to sleep.

***
a/n: I was kinda late on my daily update, but I hope this chapter cheered you up🤗

Happy valentines's day, everyone! Spend your day with the people you truly love. I think I'll be spending my valentine watching my boys, BTS. They're my date for the entire day🥰😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.4K 2.4K 35
{COMPLETED} "How's my babygirl doing this morning?" He asked me. "Why did you you do this to me?" I asked him while tears are coming out of my eyes. ...
117K 4.1K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
71.6K 6K 60
"You have broken me" I said quietly, staring at the floor as my hands wrapped around my knees as I bought them to my chest. I heard the sigh escape h...
152K 7.3K 32
"Speak and I'll kill you..." "Oh please, what could an cold, murderous, violent ass like you do?" Saying that......was a huge mistake. ...