Emerging │ Young!Sterek

By 831Tea

A week after the eventful night, a new member of the Argent family arrives in Beacon Hills. Scott and Allison... More

🐺Cast🐺
Epigraph
Omega: Part I
Omega: Part II
Shape Shifted: Part I
Shape Shifted: Part III
Ice Pick: Part I
Ice Pick: Part II
Abomination: Part I
Abomination: Part II
Venomous: Part I
Venomous: Part II
Frenemy: Part I
Frenemy: Part II
Restraint: Part I
Restraint: Part II

Shape Shifted: Part II

1.2K 53 16
By 831Tea

Beacon Hills
Stilinski's Residence
Stiles' Bedroom
Morning...

The Sheriff arrived at his son's bedroom, extends his hand on the doorknob, and twisted it open inward. He halted when he saw his son sleeping on his bed, with Isaac curling at his side. He blinked owlishly at them, leaned against the doorway with a confused frowned. "Boys." He called out, waiting for one of them to wake up.

Fortunately, or maybe not. Stiles opens his eyes as he lifted his head from his pillow and blinked dazedly. "Yeah, dad?"

Noah raises his eyebrow. "Everything's fine?" he is eyeing his son and his friend who is snuggling toward Stiles.

"Uh, yeah." Stiles answered, calmly. As if he is normally used to cuddling with Isaac. Noah just stared at his son then shakes his head.

"Get up and get ready. Otherwise, you both will be late for school." He informed his son, resigned as he doesn't want to deal with his son's strange bizarre habits.

"Okay!" the lanky teen dropped his head back on his pillow while his eyes stared at the ceiling. "Isaac?" he whispered, gently to his friend.

Isaac hummed sleepily while tucking his nose into Stiles' shoulder, like a puppy hiding its nose for warmth. "Come on, man. We gonna get up and get dress. School." Isaac groaned as he tipped his head up while blinking his tired eyes. "Good, that's it."

Stiles waited for Isaac completely awake for a few minutes until the curly-haired teenager blink then tilted his head. "...tell me it's not a dream." He whispered while stared at the wall blankly.

"Nope. Sourwolf came last night, late and told you the truth. Shown you proof and now we are waiting for your answer." Stiles explained, easily. He climbed off his bed and nearly stumbled to his dresser. Isaac shifted his gaze to Stiles with awestruck.

"So... werewolves."

"Yep." Stiles nods his head as he grabbed his shirt and pants from his drawers.

The curly-haired teenager runs his hair through with his fingers. "Holy shit... for real?"

"Yep." The pale teen took off his shirt and pulled in his fresh clean shirt, and switched out his pajama to his jeans.

Isaac chuckled in half-disbelieved and half-anxious. "S-so, you and Derek were serious... about me? Becoming a werewolf?" he asked, softly with a hint of timid.

"Yep." Stiles should maybe change his word but with the same meaning, while grabbed his socks, sat on the edge of his bed, and slipped his socks on.

"Why me?"

The lanky human turned his head over to Isaac with a confused frown. "I thought we already covered that. Derek's wolf wants you to be in his pack. It chose you."

Isaac carefully observed Stiles' expression then a small smile appeared on his face. "...yeah?" Stiles nodded his head. "As much as being a werewolf sounds pretty cool... I don't know."

"Hey." Stiles reached his hand to Isaac's shoulder and squeeze gently. "Remember last night that Derek explained to you about the Bite? It's a gift, meaning that you can either accept it or not. Sourwolf won't force you. The choice it ultimately yours. No one will take that from you." Isaac smiles shyly with grateful eyes. "Now, I'm pretty sure dad put your clothes in the dryer last night. I'll go get it and bring it to you. You can borrow one of my shirts if you want. Feel free to use the bathroom." Stiles informed Isaac who understood.

The teenagers start preparing for another day of school.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

B.H. High School
Corridor

Stiles and Isaac heading down the hallway that leads to the boys' locker room for early morning lacrosse practice. "So, Derek is the Alpha and Scott is a Beta?" Isaac asked, just to be sure as he processes the information.

"Yeah... except Derek is a born wolf."

The curly-haired teenager hummed with understanding. "And Scott is a bitten wolf?" Stiles nodded his head, confirmed that Isaac is corrected. Before they continue to discuss more, Scott came out into the hallway of the other side and perked up when he saw Stiles.

"Stiles!" Scott jogged toward Stiles who halted, Isaac paused as well. They waited until Scott met them near the doorway of the locker room. "Hey, man." The floppy-haired werewolf greeted Stiles.

The lanky teen nods his head. "Sup." Three teenagers ambled inside the locker room. "Everything's going good with you? And Allison?" Stiles asked as he went to his locker.

"I'm doing good." Scott answered, leaning against the locker next to Stiles while Isaac stood behind the lanky teen. "Things are good with Allison." Scott added, with a dopey smile.

Stiles hummed. "Awesome." He replied, dryly.

"No, I mean they're really good." Scott insisted while Isaac raises his eyebrow with amused and Stiles glared at his best friend with irritation. "I mean, like, really good—"

Stiles interjected exasperatedly. "Alright, I get it. Just please, shut the hell up before I have the urge to maim and kill myself." He regretted asking Scott about him and Allison. He should've known this would be Scott's answer, he needs to learn his mistakes. Like, right now. Never again.

The lanky teen jerked his locker door opened and suddenly, heavy-duty chains begin falling out. Stiles attempted to stop the chain, but it was useless. He pressed his closed fist against his mouth as he closed his eyes resigned, knowing people are judging him. Everyone in the locker room turns to Stiles when they heard the metallic clattering and saw the chain piling on the floor.

Scott stared at it with jaw-dropped flabbergasted while Isaac stared at it with a mixture of awe and horrify at the long length of chain pouring out of Stiles' locker. Even Jackson is staring at the growing pile with a look of abject contempt.

Before Stiles knew, he opened his eyes and saw Coach Finstock steps up while chewing his gum. He watches the chains continue tumbling out as the pile rising higher and higher. And finally, the last link of the chain clatters down. Silence bestows in the locker room.

"...part of me wants to ask." Coach speak up, calmly while staring at the pile of chains. "The other part says knowing will be more disturbing than anything I could ever imagine." He glanced at Stiles who stared at his locker. "So, I'm gonna walk away now."

Stiles nods his head as he dropped his hand from his mouth. "That's good. That's a wise choice, Coach." The Coach turned around and retreat. Then the boys went back to their changing clothes out into uniform. Stiles, Isaac, and Scott kneel down to pick up the chains.

Three of the boys stood up, shove the chains into Stiles' gym bag and Isaac speaks up clearly curious. "Where did you even buy this chain?" Scott turned to Stiles with interest as he wanted to know the answer as well.

Stiles halted and slowly gaze up to Isaac and to Scott. "...you don't wanna know." He answered, mysteriously grave.

.

.

.

B.H. High School
Parking Lots
Meanwhile...

Allison and Lydia ascended the stairs to the entrance of the school. The huntress glanced at her best friend with concern. "You really don't remember anything?"

"They called it a "fugue state", which is basically a way of saying, "We have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days." But..." Lydia halted by the door as Allison turned to her with worried. The strawberry-blonde girl smiles widely. "...personally, I don't care." The huntress raises her eyebrow with surprise.

Lydia shrugged her shoulders. "I lost nine pounds." She smiles proudly which made Allison chuckled with relief. She is happy to see Lydia's content despite her bizarre situation.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked, just to be sure before she glances at the doors.

The strawberry-blonde girl scoffed. "Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." She turned around, yanks the door open as Allison was slightly stung. The huntress just shook her head and quickly follow Lydia inside the corridor.

The two girls step into the student-filled corridor and the door clangs shut behind them. Every single eye turns to focus on Lydia as the crowd hushes to dead silence. Allison eyeing at them and adjusted her backpack strap over her shoulder, lean to Lydia, and whisper softly. "Maybe it's the nine pounds?"

After a few agonizingly awkward seconds, Lydia whips her hair around as she owns it and struts forward with confidence. Allison smiles wide, proud of her best friend's fearless action, and followed her.

.

.

.

B.H. High School
Lacrosse Field
Meanwhile...

Derek is currently sitting at the top bleacher with his hands tucked into his leather jacket's pockets while examined around the field with boredom. He noticed Stiles, Scott, and Isaac appeared and went to the bench, preparing for practice. Stiles' whiskey-brown glanced up and saw Derek who tipped his head, greeted him.

Stiles smiles friendly and turns his head to his friends, putting on protective pads over his elbows. The young Alpha took out his hands, placed his elbows on his knees while watching his friends heading onto the field.

The Coach blows his whistle. "Let's go! Line it up!" he shouted at his players and soon, the team lines up for an attack drill where one long stick defender covers the goal. Danny went to the goal as he pulled his helmet on.

Finstock blows this whistle once again and tosses a ball to the first player in line. The defender braces for the attack.

The practice continues for a while and Derek just watched it blankly until his hazel eyes lit up when it was Stiles' turn who managed to dodge the defender and threw the ball, but Danny caught it. However, Derek thinks that lanky teen is doing well on the lacrosse team.

Then Derek snapped his gaze over and saw Sheriff Stilinski and two deputies approaching toward them. The Coach blows the whistle when he noticed them coming toward the field. "Can I help you, gentlemen?"

All the players stare at the polices with confusion and curiosity. The Sheriff took off his sunglasses with a serious face. "I'm here to talk with Isaac Lahey." All heads turned to Isaac who frowned with lost and anxiety.

After a moment, all players gathered around at the benches and exchanges whispers while Isaac is talking to the Sheriff and deputies along with the Coach who is listening quietly.

Stiles and Scott are standing by the bleacher with Derek. The Beta tilted his head, eavesdropping on the conversation while Derek lowered his head, and whispered to Stiles' ear. "Your father is telling Isaac that his father's body was found last night in his car. He thinks that Mr. Lahey was murdered."

Stiles was shocked to hear the news and turned his whiskey-brown to Isaac who stared at the Sheriff blankly. He watched his father pats Isaac with sympathetic, and begin guiding Isaac off the field. "Where are they going? Where is my dad taking Isaac to?" Stiles asked the young Alpha, puzzled.

"He's taking Isaac to the office." Derek answered.

Scott frowned deeply. "They are not taking Isaac in the police station?" he wondered, curious.

Stiles shook his head. "There's no reason for that. I mean, Isaac already has an alibi." He said as he watches his friend leaving. "...we're going to that office." He stated, determined.

"How?" Scott question, bewildered.

The lanky teenager half-grinned at his best friend. "It's called skipping class. You know what that means, right?" Derek's lip twitches with mirth while Scott sighed but nodded his head. "Good. 'Cause we're skipping class and you both are gonna use your super hearing to pass the eavesdropping messages to me." Stiles explained, gleefully.

.

.

.

B.H. High School
Principal's Office
Waiting Area

The three teenagers pretending they are trouble as the werewolves are listening to the conversation while Stiles has a magazine covered his face. Scott is sitting left side of Stiles who is in the middle while Derek is on his right.

The young Alpha tilted his head, muttering loud enough for Stiles to hear while Scott is listening quietly with intense focus. The floppy-haired werewolf still has a lot to practice his super hearing while Derek is already natural thanks to his birth as a wolf.

"Jackson knew Mr. Lahey was abusing Isaac, but he didn't report it to anyone because he doesn't care." Derek informed Stiles with slight anger at the arrogant jock.

Stiles scowled with disgust. "Of course, no surprise that Jackass doesn't have a heart." He mumbled, angrily. If any of his friends were in trouble, abuse by someone, he would do anything to save his friends. Stiles continue listening to Derek's words about Isaac needed a temporary home while the Sheriff figures out Mr. Lahey's murder and that Isaac will have to head to the police station for a statement. Even Isaac willingly to report his abuse which the Sheriff will make a file of it.

"Your father is leaving with Isaac right now." Derek warned his friends who quickly stumbled to their feet and before they could retreat, Noah busted them when he walked out of the office. Jackson and Isaac followed out, the popular jock gave a look at them then scoffed. Jackson turned around and left.

Noah narrowed his eyes at his sheepish son. "Are you skipping class?"

Stiles cleared his throat while Scott fidgets his feet and Derek rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Isaac raises his eyebrows at them in perplexing as he is standing behind the Sheriff. "How would you define skipping?" Stiles asked, with a nervous grin.

"I define as any absence from the class that is not authorized by the school." Noah placed his hands on his hips with a raise eyebrow at his son. "How would you define it?"

The lanky teenager chuckled uncomfortably. "I define move along a light, stepping from one foot to the other with a hop." He said, even did a little demonstrate.

"Go to class."

"Yes sir." Stiles whirled around, pushing Scott and Derek down the corridor. However, Isaac speaks up which stops them.

"Wait." Isaac gulped nervously and edgy. "C-can Derek come? I-I don't wanna be alone." He asked, hopeful, and scare to Noah who scrutinized him quietly.

The Sheriff rubbed his mouth then nodded his head. "Fine." He turned to Derek. "You wouldn't mind tag along and keep Isaac's company at the station?" Derek shakes his head. "Alright. You two." Noah pointed at his son and his son's best friend with a stern face. "No more skipping class."

Stiles and Scott bobbled their heads and watched the Sheriff guide Isaac and Derek down the hallway. The Beta turned his head to Stiles with a puzzled face. "When did you and Derek start to care about Isaac?" he wondered.

The lanky teen blinked at his best friend with bemused then realized something. "Oh. That's right." Stiles recalled that his best friend doesn't know that Isaac knew the supernatural existence now. "Isaac has been my friend for weeks now. He's also Derek's friend too. And... he also knows about werewolves." He whispered the last part.

"What?" Scott jerked his head at Stiles with baffled. He immediately grabbed Stiles' elbow and dragged him down the hallway. "Why?" he demanded to know.

"Because. Derek's wolf chose Isaac." Stiles explained with a sigh.

Scott's furrowed his eyebrow with bewildered. "I don't understand."

Stiles groaned as he rubbed his face. He stared at Scott with contemplative as his hands covered half of his face. "Come on." He dropped his hands. "I'm going to take you somewhere."

"Wait— I thought your dad said no skipping class."

The lanky teen pointed at Scott. "He said no skipping class. We're not skipping class, we're ditching school. There's a difference." Stiles said, drolly. "Now, come on." The lanky teen dragged his werewolf best friend out of the school.

.

.

.

Lahey's Residence
Later...

"Why are we here?" Scott asked, confused when Stiles hit the brake of his Jeep at the sidewalk, front of Isaac's home. Stiles turned off his engine, leaned his forearm on the steering wheels, and observed the quiet house.

"Derek told me that we will find an answer in that house. So, we're gonna break-in and you will use your wolf powers." Stiles blurted it out his plan which Scott jerked his head to him with appalled. "What? You should know by now that my plans are never sane enough." Stiles informed him, calmly then climbed out of his Jeep.

The werewolf quickly followed and went after Stiles to the front porch. "We better hurry before anyone sees us." Stiles muttered as he went straight to the door. He took out his lock pit from his pocket and start his lockpicking performance while Scott whirled around alarmingly and anxious, keeping his eyes out for anyone just in case.

With the clicked sound, Stiles inwardly cheer and proud that he opened the door and walked in. Scott quickly followed, shut the door behind, and glance around with curiosity and confusion. Stiles pocketed his lock pit tools while observed the living room of Isaac's home. "Okay, now—" he turned around and stared at Scott. "—use your sense. Which way is the most Isaac's scent has?"

The werewolf frowned, but willingly to obeyed as he closed his eyes and start to flare his nose. Taking the scent in the house. He slowly ignores Stiles' scent along with another unnecessary aroma. Before Scott knew, he went after the trail of the scent that belongs to Isaac. Stiles quietly shadow the werewolf.

The lanky human watched his best friend leading them through the kitchen, to the back where the door was, and Scott halted. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times. Stiles peer over as he was standing behind Scott. "I think that's a basement." Scott reached the doorknob, twisted it open, and flicks the light, revealing steps leading down to the basement.

"I wonder what's down there?" Scott mused out loud.

Stiles shrugged his shoulders. "Could be motive?"

Two best friends descended the stairs to the basement which filled cluttered with boxes piled almost to the ceiling, old furniture is covered by sheets, few broken shelves, a couple of dusty lamps, and some knickknacks scattered around. Scott carefully searches around the basement while Stiles spotted a plastic clown's mask which he nearly jumps startled by it. 'Fucking clown!' he is not fond of clowns as he glared hatefully at the mask.

"Stiles..." Scott kneels down, gently touch the strange several scratches in the cement. Stiles went up to him, kneel over, and stared at the marks blankly. "...it looks like... claw marks?"

"No." Stiles whispered, tense, sadness, anger, and appalled. "Those are not claw marks. Those scratches... I've seen them plenty of times from the pictures when I look over my dad's file cases." He gulped dryly. "Those are fingernails marks."

Two best friends follow the trails of marks with their eyes that lead them to a large freezer with a small, open padlock hangs from its hinge. Scott slowly gets up as Stiles straighten up with hands clenched at his sides. They move forward to the freezer, and the werewolf reaches his hand on the lid and pushes it open.

"Oh my God." Stiles blurted it out as he placed his hand on his forehead, staring at the scratch marks inside, along with dried blood in the grooves, and even some engraved two same words that repeat over and over.

Help mE! HElP Me. helP me! HeLp me. Help mE. HElP Me. helP me! HeLp me! Help mE. HElP Me! helP me. HeLp me!

They are everywhere.

"I knew that asshole was abusing Isaac but to think..." Stiles closed his eyes, as his gut filled with disgust, dismay, sickening, and anger. "...just... holy fuck." He cursed while rubbed his face slightly aggressively. Scott stared at the freeze in petrified and dishearten.

The werewolf exhaled his breath. "What does this got to do with Isaac knowing about werewolves?"

Stiles' gazes shifted to Scott's back quietly for a moment then opened his mouth. "Derek offered to give Isaac a Bite."

"What?!" The Beta jerked around with shock horrified as the lid fall shut. "W-why?!"

"I told you. Derek's wolf chose Isaac."

Scott shakes his head, incomprehension. "I-I don't even know what you mean by that?"

"Derek—no, the Alpha inside of him, his wolf needs a Beta. Someone he could give his Bite to, someone who will be part of his pack. It's some kind of Alpha shit that needs to show who's the big boss." Stiles explained, attempted to make his best friend's understanding.

The werewolf just shakes his head with incredulity. "I-I don't think it's a good idea for Isaac to accept the Bite."

"Why not?" Stiles frowned at his best friend, interrogative.

Scott scoffed, started to walk around Stiles to the stairs. "Who would want to become a werewolf? It's not amazing or cool. All the things you have to worried about as a werewolf..." he trailed off as he stopped by the bottom of the stairs. He turned to Stiles with a grim face. "...it's not worth it."

"Not worth it." Stiles repeated in disbelief. "Seriously? You—just—" he stopped himself, chuckled humorlessly. "Are you serious?" Scott frowned deeply. "Did you forget that before you were bitten. You had asthma? You didn't have lacrosse. Or a-a girlfriend. Or even popularity! That was all before the bite. You were always kept on the sidelines for years because of your lack of confidence, asthma problem, and you weren't even the best fit for athletic! You were miserable and now—" Stiles waves his hand up and down at Scott's appearance. "Look at you! After the bite, you became someone improved and better."

Stiles steps forward and jab his finger at the freezer. "That. That might be one of the reasons why Isaac is considering accepting the Bite."

"I'm sorry, Stiles... but I'm gonna stop him." Scott said, gravely then went ascending the stairs, leaving stunned Stiles.

However, the lanky human snapped out of it and instantly climbed the stairs. "You can't do that! Because if you do, Isaac won't be free! He wants to be free from being trapped. You can't take that opportunity away from him!" he snapped, displeased and offended for Isaac's behalf.

The best friends walked out of the basement, through the kitchen to the living room. "Scott!" Stiles scowled angrily.

"Look, man..." Scott paused, turned around with a solemn frown. "...being a werewolf may be an amazing thing that happens to anyone. I mean—the powers that come with it? I get it. It could be tempting to a lot of people. But it's just wasn't worth it. All the struggles, the pain, the troubles, and the hunters? No one deserves that."

Stiles sighed heavily as he understands why Scott was against having anyone become one of the Children of the Moon. However, Stiles was adamant about having Isaac the right to choose. "I get it, Scott. I do. But... that is not your choice. You don't have the right to take the choices away from Isaac. If he wants the Bite, then he'll get the Bite. If he decided not to have it. Then he'll remain a human being."

"I'm sorry, man. But I just can't let him accept the Bite." Scott shakes his head, disagreed.

The lanky teen's frustration finally reached at its peeks. "It's not your call! You are not the Alpha, Derek is. If he is offering his Bite, his gift to Isaac who could finally have true freedom, then I support it!"

Scott flinched back with crestfallen as he stared at Stiles with sad puppy eyes. Stiles stares back firmly. The best friends have been staring at each other for a moment until Stiles huffed and walked past the silent Beta werewolf.

When Stiles storm out of the front door, to the yard, and straight to his Jeep. He couldn't help but feel disappointed and frustrated with his best friend. He truly thought Scott would at least understand about Isaac's situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
282K 9.5K 107
She was a capitol elite. He was the youngest victor in history. Their friendship was frowned upon, but their love was forbidden. Extended Summary Ins...
184K 5K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
620K 18.7K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...