The Stepbrother II: Hide and...

By emopastelgirl

(Sequel to "The Stepbrother") THIS STORY HAS BEEN UPDATED! WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and t... More

Author's Note
August 2023 Author's Note
Author's Note 2024 + My plans for Wattpad
~ the stepbrother playlist ~
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 0: Nightmare (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 1: Something New (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 2: Therapy (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 4: At the Photo Store (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 5: Starting Point (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 6: Orientation Day (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 7: Steven to Seth (UPDATED)
For the QnA!
QnA!
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 8: First Day (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 9: Whistle while you work (UPDATED)
Random Note
About Steven
taking a break for a while
hear me out: who would play as the characters in this story?
special "the stepbrother" art : steven
special "the stepbrother" art: heather
Thank you so much for reading!
Fun Facts about "The Stepbrother" stories
Prequel in progress!
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 10: I SEE YOU (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 11: Lunch Table (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 12: Click, Click (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 13: First College Party (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 14: At the Party (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 15: Stefan (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 16: Classes Cancelled (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 17: Poison (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 18: Leo (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 19: Crossed Paths (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 20: Cora (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 21: Cleaning up (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 22: Be Careful Who You Trust (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 23: "Study Date" (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 24: Get Out oฬถfฬถ mฬถyฬถ Hฬถeฬถaฬถdฬถ (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 25: Suffocation (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 26: Threats (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 27: Be Careful (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 28: Messed up (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 29: Locker Room (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 30: Madness of Steven (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 31: Let's Play A Game (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 32: Come Out to Play (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 33: Hide and Seek (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 34: Save Yourself (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 35: It's Over (UPDATED)
๐Ÿ”ชChapter 36: Safe and Sound (UPDATED)
May 2024 Author's Note

๐Ÿ”ช Chapter 3: Off to College (UPDATED)

2.6K 81 23
By emopastelgirl

Edited on: 12/07/2023

Updated on: 12/10/2023

Please Read! Trigger Warning: Mention of Themes of Sexual Trauma, certain imagery and sounds (loud voices/yelling) related to trauma, mention of rape, abortion, and mention of blood

This chapter contains themes of sexual trauma and certain imagery and sounds related to trauma, mention of rape, abortion, and mention of blood that may be upsetting for some readers. Please proceed at your own risk or you can skip to the next chapter.

Aurora's POV

The last days of summer vacation are over and today's the first day at Wood Creek University.

"Aurora, are you ready? You don't want to be late on your first day!" My Mom called out.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I said while grabbing my bags and the things that I needed and double-checking everything.

"Need some help?" I turned around and I saw Mr. Anderson entering my room.

"Yeah. Can you help me carry my bags, please? I'll be the one to carry my backpack and this box."

"Okay." He grabbed my bags and headed out of the room. I grab my backpack and the box which contains some sentimental stuff and other decorations for the dorm, including some of the stuff that I bought.

I look at my somewhat empty room. It feels empty cause I'm bringing most of my sentimental stuff even though I can still go back here. I let out a sigh and head out of my room. I went down the stairs and headed over to the front door.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drive you to school?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"It's okay. And besides, Eddie will be the one driving. His parents got him a new car." I said.

"Alright."

I hear footsteps from behind and I turn around, seeing Mom and Toby's faces.

"Are you ready to go, sweetie?" Mom asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be Mom. I'll be fine and I promise to call you once we get settled in, every day and every night before going to sleep. And I'll update you when I can." I said, hugging my Mom.

"Don't forget to visit us," Toby said.

"Of course. I'll visit when I can." I said, ruffling his hair. "And we can have family dinner maybe when I'm not busy."

"And Toby has something to give you," Mr. Anderson said.

Toby walks over to the table near the door and grabs a small gift bag and Mom offers to hold the box for me.

"Here you go, sis." He handed me the gift bag and I opened it. I saw three items in the bag.

"What is this?" I asked, pulling out the three items one by one.

"Well, first- this is a keychain. But not an ordinary keychain. Yeah, it looks cute and all but it is also a safety keychain. You just pull it and it will make this alarm noise. Then, we have this small multifunctional pocket knife. It has everything you need in every situation possible. Lastly, we have the classic pepper spray. Have these things in your bag all the time - I just want you to be safe all the time." Toby said, rubbing his neck while looking away.

"Aw, how did you get so grown up already?" I teased before hugging him. "Thank you, Toby. I love you."

"Love you too, sis." He said.

"Okay, I think it's time to go, Ro. I bet your friends are waiting for you." Mr. Anderson said.

"Yeah, let's go," I said, breaking the hug and we all headed out of the house.

"Ro!" Heather called out and waved at us. "Oh, hi Mr. and Mrs. Anderson! And Toby!"

Mr. Anderson and I walk towards the car and Eddie walks out of his car to help out.

"Let me help, Mr. Anderson," Eddie said as he opened the trunk of his car.

"Thank you, Edward." He said.

Heather nudges my shoulder and I just shake my head.

"Toby is quite tall now. He was so small and cute back then. He's almost as tall as you only by a few inches." Heather said.

"Yeah, he's still my little brother though," I said. "Time flies."

"Alright, I bet that's it," Mr. Anderson said. "You guys better take care of yourselves. Oh, and Edward and Heather... please take care of Aurora. You guys should always look out for each other, no matter what. You guys can still have fun but still... be careful. And don't forget to study as well. College can be a bit tougher than high school." 

"Don't worry, Mr. Anderson. We'll take care of each other." Heather said. "We'll keep an eye out for Ro."

"Edward, if anything goes wrong... call me or Aurora's mother right away," Mr. Anderson said, handing a piece of paper to Eddie which contains his phone number and Mom's phone number.

"I will, Mr. Anderson. And I'll protect them no matter what." Eddie said.

He patted Edward's shoulder. "Drive safely."

"Here you go sis," Toby said, handing the box to me.

"Thanks, Toby. I'm gonna miss you. Now, take care of yourself, and don't give Mom and Mr. Anderson a hard time. And look out for yourself at all times." I said to Toby.

"I will." He said, giving me a small hug before walking back to the house. I look at Mom and she smiles before walking towards me.

"Heather, could you put this box and my backpack inside the car please?" I asked, handing over my things to her. "Also, put this gift bag inside my backpack, please."

"Sure. By the way, you take shotgun." Heather said before opening the car door.

"Aurora, sweetie." My Mom spoke as she held onto my hands. "Please be careful. Always take your medicine - one in the morning and one in the evening. Call me or Mr. Anderson in case something goes wrong. And do your best in school. And always know that I love you so much." She said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Yes, Mom. I will be careful. And you take care of yourself too. Again, I'll call and update you. I'll even call you once we're settled in the dorms before bedtime. I love you too." I said, reassuringly holding her hands. "Okay, I think it's time to go now."

Mom smiled and nodded before placing another kiss on my forehead.

"Stay safe kids and good luck!" My Mom said to Eddie and Heather who were already inside the car.

"Thank you, Mrs. Anderson!" Eddie and Heather said in unison.

"Bye Mom," I said before hopping inside the car. Then I close the car door and the car window suddenly goes down, letting in some fresh air.

"Wood Creek University... here we go!" Heather said.

I look out and I wave at my family, who are already near the front door.

"Bye, Mom! Bye, Mr. Anderson! Bye, Toby! I love you!"

"We love you too!" Mr. Anderson said.

"Drive safe!" My Mom said.

Eddie started the car engine and we were about to drive off as soon as I felt the car moving. I continue waving at my family until I can no longer see them.

The car window went up all of a sudden. And as soon as it's closed, Eddie turns on the AC.

"We should be there in no time," Eddie said.

"Hey Ro, I know you're there in the front seat but as soon as we arrive, please wake me up from my deep slumber," Heather said before drifting off to sleep.

"Alright," I said. "It feels like only yesterday when we were in high school and now we're going to college."

"It's unbelievable how time flies so fast without actually realizing it. You know... my uncle graduated from Wood Creek University." Eddie said.

"Really? Is it just a coincidence? Or your parents want you to go there?" I asked.

"Both but you know, my parents wanted me to go there. Yet I don't mind cause we're going there together. " He said, looking at me and we smiled at each other. "Why don't you just rest for a while? We still have some time to drive to the university. I'll wake you up once we arrive."

I nodded before closing my eyes and rest for a bit.

___

It's dark and I feel so cold. I opened my eyes and I couldn't feel my legs. I can move my arms but why I couldn't move my legs?

Where am I? I look around and all I can see is nothing. Only a spotlight above me was the only source of light. I looked around once more and out of nowhere, a stool just appeared right next to me. And on top of the stool was a box. And it looks familiar. I grab it and it suddenly makes some noise. A disturbing yet familiar noise.

My eyes widen and I look down at my wrists. There are strings wrapped around my wrists. Then I felt one of my arms being tugged, which made me drop the box. Both of my arms suddenly move along with the strings. It's like someone is controlling me. Like a puppet.

I hear laughter all of a sudden. And they grew louder and louder. And more lights appeared out of nowhere which brightened up the whole place. I realized that I was on some kind of stage. And I see faceless people with visible smiles on their faces. They started to laugh and they became louder and louder this time and I could even hear some ringing noises in my head, almost like static.

"Isn't she the one who got pregnant? And the father was her stepbrother."

"I heard that her stepbrother drugged her and raped her."

"She even aborted a baby in her stomach. So shameful. She's a murderer."

"I feel bad for her. But it's her fault that she got herself into a horrible situation."

"She can't even do anything about it. So pathetic, so weak."

"No... no, please! Stop!" I screamed. And then I felt something wet on my hand. I let out a gasp when I saw the color red. Then the red liquid continues to drip on me and I slowly look up at the ceiling.

My eyes widen and I can feel myself trembling. It's him and his hands were covered in blood.

"Wakey, wakey... Aurora."

I let out a scream. "Ahhhh!"

___

"Ro!" I open my eyes once again and I let out a gasp.

"Ro, are you okay?" Eddie asked with a worried look on his face.

I looked around and I found myself back to reality, in Eddie's car. Luckily, his windows are tinted.

"Hey, look at me. And take a deep breath." I look at him and I try to calm myself down.

"Another nightmare," I mumbled.

"It's okay, you're okay." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. "We're here now."

I look out from the window and I can see the building of Wood Creek University right in front of me.

We heard someone yawning and we looked back at Heather and she just woke up. "We're here already?" She rubs her eyes before looking at me.

"Ro, you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." She said.

"In another nightmare," I said.

"Okay, okay. Ro, you're okay now. We're right here." Eddie said, holding my hand before rubbing it with his thumb. "Let's get out of the car now and look for our dorm rooms."

"Wait," I spoke as I pulled out my glove from my pocket and put it on, to hide my hand.

We nodded and we got out of the car. It's quite windy today so the atmosphere feels a bit chilly today. We look around and the school looks a bit bigger in person.

"Ro, a little help here please?" Heather teased.

"Right, sorry." I let out a small laugh before walking to Heather and helping her with the bags.

"Eddie, could you get my backpack and the box for me?" I asked.

"Sure." He said.

Heather and I got all of our bags out and we closed the trunk.

"Here you go, babe," Eddie said, handing me my backpack and the box.

"Thanks, baby," I said.

"Don't show too much PDA around here, guys," Heather said as she walked past us with her bags and we shook our heads.

"Wait up, Heather Feather," Eddie called out as we caught up with her.

"Where can we find our dorms and how will we know our roommates?" Heather asked.

"Hmm... I bet there's a map of the school or something like that. Or we could ask for some help from other people." Eddie said.

I look around and of course... new school, new faces. And it looks like almost everyone knows each other. At least, we get to be with Sophie and Lisa until graduation. And maybe we could make some new friends.

"I think that's the school map over there." Eddie pointed at a big map of the school that was just hanging on the wall of a very big building. We walk towards it and we realize that we just arrived at one of the many buildings which are the dorms.

"Is this it? Is this building A?" Heather asked. "Building A is for the freshman."

"Yep, And I just checked for my room and roommate. And of course, my roommate is someone who I don't know." Eddie said, putting his phone back into his pocket.

"Really? I'll check mine and I hope Sleeping Beauty here will be my roommate." Heather said, nudging my shoulder before pulling out her phone.

"I knew it," Heather spoke. "We're roommates, Ro!"

"Great!" I said.

"And we're on the third floor? Are you kidding me?" Heather exclaimed and I just laughed at her.

"Still, at least we're roommates," I said.

"Alright, you two. Let's get going and look for our rooms." Eddie said and we nodded. We then walk towards the building and head inside. As soon as we head inside, we hear some shouting.

"For those who just arrived, boys will occupy the first and second floor and the girls will occupy the third and fourth floor! For those who will be heading up to the second, third, and fourth floor with heavy suitcases, use the ramps since the elevators are still out of order!"

"Well, I'm stopping here since my room is located here. You guys go on ahead and text me if you need anything." Eddie said.

"Lucky you," Heather said sarcastically. "Let's go, Ro."

"Okay, see you later Eddie," I said, waving at him.

He waved back and smiled.

I turn around and catch up with Heather. Then we walk up the ramps until we can find our room.

A few minutes passed and we already reached the third floor and started looking for our room.

"What's our room number, Heather?" I asked.

"Room 305." She answered. "Which is just right here." She pointed at a door to her left. We look up at the door and it has the number 305 engraved on it. Without hesitation, Heather opens the door and we head inside. The room is empty alright and there are two beds on the left and right sides. And between them are two study tables just right next to each other, and a huge window just right above them.

"Don't you think this room is a bit big for a dorm room?" I asked Heather.

"Nope but who cares? Now, which side is yours? The left side or right side?"

"I'll just take the left side. " I walk towards the bed on the left side and I put my stuff down. Then I heard Heather's ringtone ringing. She pulled out her phone and answered the phone call.

"Hello? Sophie?"

"Oh, put her on speaker," I said. Heather nodded and pressed the speaker button.

"Sophie, you're on speaker so Ro can hear you as well. Where are you guys?"

"We just arrived. What's your room number and what floor?"

"Third floor, Room 305. You?"

"Lisa just checked it and we're actually on the third floor as well. Room 316."

"A little bit far away from ours but at least you're on the same floor as us."

"Yeah. Is it okay if we drop by your room once we get there?"

"Sure, we're just gonna unpack anyway. So see you later."

"Okay, see you!"

Heather ended the call and we started unpacking some stuff. I unzipped my backpack and pulled out the paper bag that Toby gave to me this morning.

"Hey Heather, look what Toby got for me this morning," I said, pulling out the items from the paper bag.

"What is it?"

"He got me a safety keychain, a multifunctional pocket knife, and the classic pepper spray," I said, showing the items to her.

"Nice. That's very thoughtful and smart of Toby. How did he get so grown up?"

"That's what I said. I'll make sure to bring them every day, just in case."

"Good call. But don't forget your Prince Charming and I are here to protect you." She said.

"Yeah, I know." I grab my box and walk towards my study table. I put the box down and I look out from the window and I can see a few trees and students chatting and walking to their dorms here and there.

"Hey, we didn't buy curtains, right?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. Well, we could go out and buy some stuff later. I was thinking of buying white and black curtains."

"Any color is fine, as long as we have curtains."

"Oh, let's buy some snacks as well. You know I can get hungry in the middle of the night."

"Alright. There are vending machines here though but I think it's a good idea." I said.

I look down at the box and I remove the top part. I pull the first thing out of the box and it's a picture frame with a photo of my family. Just looking at the picture makes me miss them even more. I brought three picture frames.

The bigger picture frame contains a photo of me and my family. I included a picture of my real Dad as well. The big picture frame contains a photo of me, Heather, and Eddie.

And a small picture frame which contains me and Eddie. We took the photo last year. It was kind of a chill day and he decided to take me on a carnival date. We had a lot of fun on that day and we decided to take a picture near the Ferris wheel. It's one of the best days of my life.

I put them down and pull out more sentimental things from the box.

"Knock, knock." We turned around and we saw Sophie and Lisa entering our room.

"Sophie, Lisa! You're finally here!" Heather said hugging them. I walk towards them and hug them as well.

"This year is gonna be fun! Just like the old times." Lisa said. "By the way, do you guys have plans today?"

"We're planning to buy some curtains and some snacks and maybe go exploring. You?" I said.

"We're just planning on exploring too. So let's do it together. I'll text Eddie."

"Speaking of Eddie, I wonder how he's doing with his roommate?" Heather asked herself.

Eddie's POV

I was just unpacking my stuff and I heard a knock on my door. I walk towards it and open the door.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked a tall guy with brown curly hair and dark brown eyes.

"Is this room 108?" He asked.

"Yeah, come in," I said and he entered the room. I closed the door and walked back to my desk.

"Hope you don't mind that I took this side of the room. I got here a bit early." I said.

"Obviously but it's cool. What's your name?" He asked.

"Oh right, my name is Edward. Edward Brown but my friends called me, Eddie." I said, sticking my hand out for him to shake.

He looks at my hand before shaking it. "Nice to meet you, Eddie. I'm Leo. Leo Wright."

"From what high school?" He asked.

"Richwood. And you?"

"Grandview." He said.

"Well, I hope we can get along this school year," I said.

"Yeah, likewise." He said before he started unpacking. I went back to unpacking and organizing my desk.

"Um... sorry but I have to ask. Just out of curiosity. I couldn't help but look at that picture on your desk. Is she your sister or girlfriend?"

I look at the picture of me and Aurora. I just smiled. We were just at a carnival and we took a picture right next to the Ferris wheel. One of the happiest days that I'll treasure forever.

"That's my girlfriend," I replied.

"Really? How long have you guys been dating?"

"About 4 years. And I'm sorry to say this. I get it you're curious and all but it's a bit personal." I said.

"I know. Like what I said... I'm just curious. Good for you though." He said.

The room became silent again and we just continued doing our own thing. Then I felt a vibration in my pocket. I pull my phone out and it's a text from Ro.

She said that Sophie and Lisa just arrived and they were planning to do some errands and go exploring later and they invited me.

I responded to her text, telling her that I'll just meet them outside once I'm done unpacking my stuff and I'll wait for them.

Aurora's POV

"Eddie just texted back. And he said that he still needs to finish unpacking his stuff. I guess we need to do that as well."

"But I'm lazy." Heather groaned.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to. But you'll probably stay up all night decorating your side of the room." I said as I finished organizing my study table.

"That's the plan. Besides the orientation is in two days."

"Still, it's best to do things early than later," I said.

"Hmm... I guess I'll start doing that." Heather gets up from her bed and starts picking up her things. "I'll do the study table first since it's the easy part to start with."

"Well, I suppose I'll start doing my bed and maybe put up some pictures on the wall or something," I said.

Then we just continue finishing with decorating and organizing our room.

___

A few hours passed and we finished everything. Our clothes are in the closet. Our beds are full of pillows and stuffed animals. Lights all hung up on the wall here and there. Posters and pictures were posted on the wall. And our study table is all nice and organized.

We just need to get a couple of things as finishing touches and we're done.

"So far, so good," Heather said. "Guess we'll have to wait for Lisa and Sophie before meeting up with Eddie."

"Okay, while waiting... let's list down the stuff that we need to buy. Curtains, some snacks... what else?"

"Hmm... extra bed sheets or something like that. Extra toiletries and other necessities. Oh, how about we'll look for a photo store? We need to print out our schedules. And I want to look for a picture frame for this photo." Heather said, grabbing a picture from her study table. She handed me the picture and I smiled at it.

It's our picture on graduation day. I was in the middle, Eddie on my left side and Heather on my right side. Eddie and I graduated with high honors and Heather got the "Most Outstanding Club Member" award. She doesn't care about not being on the honors list. We're all smiling looking at the camera, holding our diplomas. We may be one year behind but it's all worth it.

"I love this picture," I said. "I guess that's everything we need on our list so we'll be doing some errands today."

"You guys ready?" asked Lisa, who was already at the door, waiting for us.

"Yeah. I'll just text Eddie that we're on our way so he can just meet us outside." Heather said.

"Oh wait," I said. I grab the safety things that Toby got for me and put them in my bag. "Just in case."

We walk towards the door and head out of our dorm room before I close the door.

"Is it okay to not lock this door at all? We still don't have a key."

"No need to. This school has a lot of security guards and security cameras around the campus. Besides, they only let students, teachers, and staff in here." Lisa said.

"Now, let's get going. We don't want to keep Aurora's Prince Charming waiting." Heather teased, wrapping her arm around me. I just shake my head and continue with our day.

Edited on: 12/07/2023

Updated on: 12/10/2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 1.9K 10
"๐ˆ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐, ๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ญ?" ________ DARK ROMANCE Arabella Thomas meets with the devil as she...
128K 3.2K 21
"I would prefer not to hurt you, but I will if I need to." They said. I felt cold metal on my neck moving lightly against my skin. My emotions were a...
15.3K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...
136K 2.8K 13
**********WARNING*********** For Mature Audiences ONLY Trigger Warning Does Depict scenes of stalking, choking, other forms of violence. Reader discr...