Underbelly } Sweet Pea

By GraceMadeline16

Stephanie "Stevie" Jones was the older sister of Jughead Jones. Remaining on the Southside of town, so not ma... More

cast
epigraph
Watcher in the Woods
"Damnit, String Bean"
Watcher in the Woods part 2
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
The Town That Dreaded Sundown cont.
When a Stranger Calls
Death Proof
Death Proof cont.
Death Proof cont.
Tales from the Darkside
The House of the Devil
Silent Night, Deadly Night
The Blackboard Jungle
The Wrestler
A/n
A/n
The Wicked and Divine
The Hills Have Eyes
Season 5 preview
The Hills Have Eyes cont.
Season 5 preview
There Will Be Blood
Authors note
The Noose Tightens
A Night to Remember
Prisoners
Shadow Of A Doubt
Judgement Night
Brave New World
ACT II
Labor Day
Faceclaim

The Tell-Tale Heart

3K 66 3
By GraceMadeline16

"you were a bitch when you wanted to be"

Just once Stevie wanted a normal wake up call. But with her family and friends, she would never get one.

Fp had come bounding into Sweet Pea's trailer, informing them that Jughead had given the Pickens head to Hiram Lodge. Basically declaring war with him. Stevie was just glad that her and Sweet Pea managed to put clothes on after their nightly...activities.

Stevie had no idea where Jughead's acts of rebellion were coming from. And to be frank, it was starting to piss her off. It was because of him that the Serpent's were involved in a drag race with the Ghoulies, risking the Wyrm and Sunnyside and herself. He was the reason why Toni even had to do a Pickens day protest because Jughead decided to twist Grandpa Topaz's words. Resulting in Tall Boy becoming Hiram's bitch boy.

She didn't know if he was trying to prove that he could handle Serpent business by himself but she knew it wasn't going to end well.

Stevie could tell something was up with Betty when her and Sweet Pea walked into the student lounge. Betty's face was flushed and she kept fiddling with her fingers. But what it was? She didn't know.

Stevie sat with her feet in Sweet Pea's lap as she listened to her brother and Veronica argue about the eviction notices.

"Are you trying to manage me?" Jughead snapped, looking over at the female Lodge

"Define 'manage'" Veronica replied

"People are going to lose their homes." he explained

"Jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad and hash this out like civilized humans, face-to-face."

Stevie let out a snort as she sipped her coffee, "As if your dad is a civilized human."

Sweet Pea smacked her thigh but did nothing to hide his grin as Veronica sent the brunette a look.

"Okay, one condition," Jughead started, "your dad comes to Sunnyside Trailer Park."

"That way," Stevie continued, "he can see the people he's gonna be displacing."

"Fine," Veronica agreed, "And trust me, no one is going to be displaced."

"Oh my god!" Kevin rushed into the room, scaring the brunette as she choked on her coffee, "My dad's scanner is blowing up. The police found another dead body this morning, there's blood everywhere."

"Jesus," Stevie grimaced, "That's a wake up call if I've heard one."

"Could the black hood have risen from the grave?" Jughead sighed

"Did they say whose body?" Archie asked

"Where'd they find it?" Betty asked

"The investigation is ongoing but apparently it was gruesome, gangland-style execution at the motel, with blood and brains splattered all over the duvet-"

"Okay, Kev," Archie complained, "we get it."

"There goes my appetite for the day." Stevie groaned, putting her coffee cup on the table

"I gotta go." Betty softly spoke, quickly making her way out of the room.

"Hey, Jug," Stevie called, "What's up with Beth?"

Jughead shrugged, "I have no idea. She was fine this morning."

"Maybe it had to do with Keller's descriptive explanation." Sweet Pea mumbled, causing Stevie to nudge his chest with her foot.

Stevie got off the couch, holding out her hand to her boyfriend, "C'mon. We have a bio test. And I know you didn't study."

Sweet Pea groaned but accepted her hand as he let her pull him off the couch and out of the room.

"It's weird, ya know," He spoke, "coming to school and actually learning something."

"Tell me about it," Stevie sighed, opening her locker, "it's a nice change. That for once I'm not ahead of the teachers and having to tutor almost all the Serpent's."

Sweet Pea leaned against the lockers next to his girlfriend, "I'm gonna deny ever saying this, but I actually enjoy coming to school. Knowing that I'm actually getting a proper education."

Stevie internally 'awed' at him, turning to face him, "You're such a big softie. Who woulda thought. The resident Southside Bad-Boy actually likes school."

Said boy rolled his eyes at her letting a smile appear, "yeah, yeah. You can shut up."

Stevie chuckled as she grabbed her bio book and notes, shutting her locker, holding her hand out for him to take, pulling him to their bio class.

Jughead had told Stevie that he had a feeling that Hiram was paying Mayor McCoy and that they're both responsible for the eviction notices. Which is why she decided to join his meeting with her dad and Hiram, see if she could sike him out.

She was sitting next to Jughead on the couch, arms crossed with a glare on her face as she sat across from Hiram. Who wasn't fazed by her attitude.

"Thank you for agreeing to sit down and discuss this misunderstanding."

"There's no-"

"There's no misunderstanding." Fp cut off Jughead, taking a seat next to Stevie, who scoffed at her father's words.

"Tall Boy said you paid him to decapitate the Pickens statue." Fp stated

"As an excuse to turn up the heat on the Serpent's." Jughead spoke

"You got a lot of nervous people scared they're gonna lose their home." Fp told Hiram

"Including some of your daughter's classmates, Mr Lodge." Stevie spoke, Fp nudging her ribs

"I heard about that," Hiram started, "And though it had nothing to do with me, I've spoken to Mayor McCoy. And as a gesture of goodwill to the Southside community, I'd like to settle any back rent you or your neighbors owe the town."

The three Jones' shared a look before looking back at Hiram, "And what do you want in return?"

"Peace in the land." Hiram offered. But Stevie didn't believe him. Hiram was just as bad as Penny. Nothing he does comes without a catch. And Stevie was waiting for it.

"It's a deal." Fp spoke, standing up to shake his hand

"There is one thing," Hiram spoke

"There it is." Stevie scoffed, standing up

"Mayor McCoy tells me you have some kind of... expose you're working on, Jughead," he continued, "so in exchange for my generous off, I'd appreciate it if you just kept my name out of it. Sound fair?"

The two siblings scoffed in disbelief at him. After everything Hiram has put their family through, he expects them to not belittle him? Absolutely not.

"That sounds a lot like a bribe," Jughead started

"No deal. You've made our life hell over the last year and a half. No deal." Stevie finished

Fp laughed at his kids answers and the look on Hiram's face, "See you in the funny pages."

Once the Lodge's left, Stevie turned to her dad and brother with a look of disbelief on her face, "Who the fuck does he think he is? After what he put us through? He expects us to leave him out of it? Absolutely not. No way in hell!"

Fp and Jughead shared a look of amusement. They knew it was no secret that amount of distaste Stevie held for Hiram Lodge. They were surprised she went as far as being friends with Veronica.

Hiram's got another thing coming if he thinks he could intimidate me." Jughead told her

"I gotta bounce," Stevie sighed,  grabbing her bag, "we have a big English test and Sweet Pea and Fangs are about as useful as the white crayon when it comes to studying."

The two saluted her as she made her way through the trailer park, walking over to Sweet Pea's trailer. Walking in without knocking, she kicked her shoes off, making her way to his room.

Like the typical teenage boy he was, he was sprawled out on his bed, blanket covering his lower half, his back exposed. Stevie took that opportunity to put his laundry away and organizing his desk.

"I could get used to this." He mumbled, startling Stevie. She chucked a pencil at him as he let out a laugh, stretching before sitting up, leaning against the wall.

"Well don't," Stevie said, flopping down next to him, "I'm not gonna clean up after you all the time. You literally put your clothes next to your hamper, lazy-ass."

"I do that on purpose," Sweet Pea mumbled, pulling her into his side, "you scrunch your face up when you get frustrated and I find it adorable."

"Then you must have found me fucking gorgeous when we hated each other." She grumbled, tracing over the tattoo on his thumb

"I did," he responded, causing Stevie to freeze, looking up at him, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I did. Find you gorgeous. I've thought you were gorgeous since I saw you," Sweet Pea started, "Once you walked into class freshman year. I think I was only a dick to you because you were practically royalty with the Serpents. And I knew you were too good for me. I still think that."

Stevie was now sitting next to him as she looked at him with nothing but love in her eyes, "Noah..."

Sweet Pea shook his head, "You don't have to say anything. I know I was a dick to you. Not like you didn't deserve it. You could be a bitch when you wanted to be."

Stevie leaned forward and cut him off with a kiss, grabbing his face between her hands. She pulled away with a smile as she rubbed her thumbs over his cheeks, "What was that for?"

"Don't think I'm too good for you. You're just what I need," She replied, "You balance me out. Keep me sane. You were the only thing keeping me sane when my dad got arrested. You were with me every step of the way. You didn't treat me like I was made of glass or walk on eggshells around me. And I can't thank you enough for that."

Sweet Pea leaned forward to connect their lips together, pulling her to straddle him, rubbing her thighs as she placed hers in his hair.

"Although," Stevie mumbled, pulling away from him, "I could have done without you kicking my knee out any time I played pool."

Sweet Pea laughed as he pushed her hair behind her ear, "you did the same to me, don't even."

"Guess we're perfect for each other," She teased, connecting their lips once again

A/N

Just a little filler because this episode didn't have a whole lot of Jughead or the Serpent's in it. I'm not sure how I feel about this one but I thought I would have a cute little fluffly chapter of some Stevie and Sweet Pea sap.

Also, is there anyone who could possibly make me a cover for the story? i'm absolutely garbage when it comes to that stuff. I'd give you full credit for it!! Just message me and let me know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 145 17
Yasmine was at the top of the school until her life started to fall apart at the seems. Yasmine now will try to keep her secrets hidden as the truth...
239K 5.2K 29
"Cigarette daydream You were only seventeen So sweet with a mean streak Nearly brought me to my knees" The Blossom Triplets were a strange trio indee...
62.3K 943 24
Angelica 'Angel' Jones. FP's eldest daughter. 18 years old supposed to be a senior but is a sophomore because she spent 2 years in juvie. Also, the y...
2.7K 38 26
Ella Jones, little sister to Jughead Jones, is the only Jones left after her father, was arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom. One night, a figh...