Where Winter Meets Summer (Ru...

By OnyxxCrow

THE DISCOVERY A fundamentally lonesome person, Russia believed he could survive the Academy all on his own bu... More

Prologue: Lifeless Land of Winter
Welcome Back to the Academy(Russia POV)
The Maiden and Her Bear (Canada POV)
As Normal As It Gets (Russia POV) *intense swearing?*
The CAS (Germany POV)
Rise Little Underdog! Pt 1 (Germany POV)
Rise Little Underdog! Pt 2 (Germany and Russia POV)
Weekend (Canada POV)
The Returning Star (Russia POV)
First Impressions? (Pt 1) (Nobody POV)
First Impressions Pt 2
The Experiment (America POV)
Frozen in Time (A glimpse into Russia's past)
Potentially
Invitation of Doubt (Russia POV)
Prepare! Before the Fourth (Russia POV)
The Time is Now
Let's Start Over... (America Pov)
Trapped in Burning Ice (Russia POV)
Prelude of Winter: The Story Before the Tempest
The Compromise (America POV)
The Compromise (continued)
On One Condition... (NobodyPOV)
The Very First Failure (Nobody POV)
The Last Gate To Earth (NATO POV)
Good Luck My Dear Brother
BIRTHDAY QNA+Art
Earthbound(America POV)
Forced or Not, Here They Come
The Special Trial For a Special Case
There Are Things Better Left Unsaid
Fight or Flight
Breaking Through
Enduring
Reaching the End of a Star
Falling Apart But Holding Together
Back to Where We Came From
Redirected Hope
Love-in-a-Mist
A Burden
The Art of Healing or Hurting?
Cold Relapse
Another Step Forward
A Thing of the Past
Rubbing Salt in a Wound
Frozen in Time: Roses in the Snow
Washing Salt From a Wound
Uncertain Fates
Tales Untold
Lessons to be Relearned
Breaking the Silent Night
Waiting for Explainations
Disarray on the Final Day
To Love and To be Loved
In the One We Trust
No Turning Back
The Challengers Rise
A New Perspective
Forgotten Wishes Hidden in the Deep
Against the Clock: SIX
Soulmates
Shadow Dance/Strife In the Dead of Night: FIVE
Herald from the Grave: FOUR
Diamond Eyes: THREE
The Final Call: TWO
Forsakened: ONE
Prelude of Winter: His Pipedream
On Thin Ice
How the Robin Stole Fire
Truths from a Liar
Appeals for the Unmended
In the Face of Adversity
Untethered Shadow
By Your Side
Tears For Better Tomorrows
When Omens Stir
The Final Hour
Momentary Peace
Evening Interlude
The Sun Sets
The Underground Blues
The Underground Blues Pt. 2
Divided, We Fall
The Observer's Promise
Silent Silver Linings

Things Won't Go Wrong. Right? (Canada POV)

14.3K 443 844
By OnyxxCrow

A good three hours had gone by and the party was beginning to calm down. Ukraine and I were dancing to the soft slow music but a million questions buzzed in my head.

I still couldn't believe what America showed me a while ago. Apparently Russia smiled and America immediately whipped out his phone and snapped a picture which earned him another strangling. At the moment, Russia was nowhere to be found and America was still goggling at the picture. Ukraine caught my expression and smiled.

"You know... Russia used to look like that all the time. Now he rarely makes any expressions other than disdain."

"Such a pity," she sighed, " I miss how he was like when we were younger."

"When you were younger? Care to elaborate?" I asked.

"Well, he was gentle, caring, and smiled 24/7. In the springtime, he would take us to a flower field and teach us how to make flower crowns. In the late summer, He would harvest wheat and help us make bread whenever we got the chance. In the autumn, he would go and hunt and we would skin and cook what he brought back. He was an amazing hunter. In the winter, he would give us all the woolen blankets and clothes, often leaving himself in the cold.

One year, half our shack we called home was whipped away from a blizzard and Russia gave us the bed. The next morning... we found him halfway to heaven in the snow a-and...."

I looked down and saw tears dripping down her face. I pulled her closer as she cried into my chest.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you cry. He sounds like the best brother anyone could ever ask for."

"He is... that's why I hate when I hear other people talking shit about him! I'm surprised I haven't punched anyone yet!" she sobbed, " And every time he gets into a fight, he ends up hurt and- I-I want it to stop!"

I stared at the ceiling, trying to imagine Russia dying but nothing came.

"Russia has suffered a lot hasn't he," I asked. Ukraine nodded, " But that's what makes him so special. You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And with what he has gone through, he is not gonna let anyone break him."

Ukraine stared at me with her enchanting green eyes. I chuckled.

"Just ask America. He'll tell you. He has also suffered in the past, but look at where he is now."

"He's sitting at a table, unable to peel his eyeballs off Russia's face," she joked as she wiped away her last tears.

We both laughed and my concern was cured.

Ukraine was back to normal. Mission accomplished.

"Thanks Nada. You have no idea how long I've been holding it in. It feels good to get it out of my system. I really appreciate you being here to listen."

"Anytime."

It was just a little past midnight. Mom and dad had gone upstairs and were sleeping peacefully in their rooms. The afterparty had moved downstairs into the basement. America, Spain and Japan were screaming karaoke songs . South Korea made it a little more bearable by auto-tuning it before releasing it into the room. People were laughing and playing and drinking. A few drunk countries were trying to flirt with the girls but were failing miserably. Russia was still nowhere to be found. Ukraine walked over with two cans of root beer. She handed me one.

"Thanks," I said catching the can and popping it open, "Oh by the way, have you seen Russia?"

She shook her head. "I'm a little worried. How long has he been missing?"

"I don't know... a while now? It's fine. He's a big guy. He can take care of himself."

"I guess you're right." she murmured before taking a sip. "Ugh... I thought your brother was a singer?"

"Yeah. But he still likes to sing off-key just to annoy people. Especially dad and the managers, directors and producers etc."

The party continued for another hour and people were finally getting worn out and some were already slouched over counters, fast asleep. It was the longest I had ever stayed up with my own free will, and my eyelids felt heavier than I would have liked. But just as I felt myself begin doze off, I caught the faintest whiff of toxically sweet vanilla.

That, and a scream that was ripped from the depths of hell.

"OHMYGOD HELP!!!HELPME!"

It was Japan.

And she was on fire.

The room stared at her for a whole second. Then it was panic. I ran over to the extinguisher hidden in a corner. We had them all over the house. (America remember.) Ukraine and Sweden were helping people evacuate, which proved to be an arduous task. America did not move. He only stood there with a confused look on his face.

I used the extinguisher but it didn't do anything to dampen the flame. On the contrary, it doubled in size. Japan screamed even louder, which I didn't think was possible.

Now I was panicking. Why wasn't the extinguisher, well... extinguishing? I quickly grabbed Japan's skirt and ripped it off, revealing her underclothes. Normally, I would have died right there but come on, IT'S A FIRE.

"WhAT iN tHe NaMe of HeAvEn AnD hElL ArE YoU DOING?!" she screeched.

"Don't mind me, just saving your life," I shot back, giving my jacket to her to tie around her waist.

She ran away.

I was still unsure of why the extinguisher wasn't working when I caught the scent of intoxicating vanilla again. I stared at the flames, and sure enough, they were gold.

My eyes widened. I turned to America.

"You. Didn't." I hissed.

"Where*hic* did everybody go*hic*? It's really*hic* looooonely...*hic*"

He was drunk and a drunk country is an out of control country.

He had summoned 'the fire'.

I threw the useless container onto the floor and hauled my dumb brother out of the burning room. I was tired, the vanilla smoke was burning my senses, my wasted brother was pulling my hair for some reason, and I tripped on the stairs.

I decided one strong word was going to be allowed to slip for that.

(Russia POV// about 1 and a half hours ago...)

"That stupid American." I growled under my breath as I tugged at my soiled clothes. Now I was wandering through the maze of halls, in search of a bathroom to clean up. Lost would describe my situation and I had left before the idea of asking for directions crossed my mind. I cursed myself for my stupidity.

"How big is this house? Is it that hard to find a bathroom?"

I had reached another intersection and another country turned the corner and bumped into me.

"Oh, sorry man, didn't see ya there- HEY HOLD ON!" he squawked, "YOU! BASTARD SON OF A-"

"Sorry, who are you again?" I glanced at him dully. The fact that I couldn't remember his name knocked all the wind out of his sails.

"Wha- EL SALVADOR! You know, the guy that beat yo ass!" he sputtered while motioning wildly at himself.

"Yeah no. Don't recall." I shrugged. His blue flag flushed bright red. He turned and stomped off but I suddenly remembered why I was here.

"Wait! You wouldn't happen to know where the guest bathroom is, would you?"

He paused and turned slightly. Then he gave me a crooked, toothy grin, "Actually I do... I was just there, down this hall, first left and the second door to the right. America said it was in the process of being renovated but it's still perfectly functional. Can't miss it."

I nodded and followed his instructions to find myself at a large, square metal door with a crumpled piece of paper lying upon the floor in front of it.

I frowned and smoothed out the paper to reveal a scribbled picture of a... I'm not sure, a terribly scraggly lump with teeth? I did not think there was an infant residing in this house but I shrugged it off and pushed open the strangely heavy door with the paper still in hand.

...

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Watching the Chinese New Year Festival with family feels incredible. Just your friendly reminder to appreciate life and your loved ones. Stay safe and I shall feel happy for a few more hours before returning to my normal slug like state. Haha. Words go brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 86.1K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
558K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
921K 21.2K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 57.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC