Play that Song (Given x Reade...

By unfinished_writer

A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! War... More

Forewarning!!!
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 18
Character Info 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 17

2K 85 38
By unfinished_writer

*Underline* is in English

'Italics' are thoughts

Haruto POV:

'Hehehehe, my evil plan is all coming together," I silently chuckle to myself as I walk Y/n home. I was being completely serious when I asked them but now that I think about it, I kinda just wanted to spend more time with them...And maybe find out where they live.

'Creepy much, Yoon Bum?' I think to myself as we continue to slowly walk with me taking occasional glances at them. They were quite cute; they probably didn't want to hear it, but it was true.

A sigh coming from Y/n shakes me out of my thoughts as I turn to look at them. I see their e/c eyes staring back into mine and my heart starts to pick up a bit. Kinda like how it did when we first met; their eyes full of emotion staring back into mine and my heart stopping for a second.

"So did you follow me to the restaurant or was that just coincidence?" Y/n asks me, bringing my heartbeat down to a slower pace.

"Remember how I asked where you were?" I respond, recalling how the memory.

"Yeah, and I told you I was in your basement with a dead body, giving you no info about where I may be. Did you manage to hack into my phone's location software or something?" they ask me, making me laugh at the idea.

"Pfftt...Don't flatter yourself, that would be too much effort," I respond making their face drop-in dumbfoundedness, making me chuckle again. "I thought I saw you walking with a group of guys into a restaurant. So when I messaged you, I wanted to see if the person I thought was you would check their phone. Which you did, so I knew it was you...But you had this sour look on your face like you just ate umeboshi, so I felt a bit sad," I say, putting on a fake pout, hoping to gain some pity.

Unfortunately for me, they just rolled their eyes while teasingly saying, "Sorry if your feelings were hurt." On the outside, my face drops, but on the inside, I chuckle at their immature behaviour.

'Like you have any place to decide what's immature,' My brain tells me as I shake my head. "Shut up, brain. I only use you for school, so back down!' I internally yell at myself.

"So...are you mixed? That kinda sounds like a rude question, but I kinda want to know" Y/n asks, shaking me from my internal battle.

"...Yeah. My Dad's Japanese and my Mom came from America, but she lives here now," I explain, bringing up my parents for the first time. "Not going to lie, when either of us, me or my Mom, go out, we get a lot of stares," I tell them, bringing up one of my anxieties. From the stories and news I've heard, I know America has probably one of the most racist and corrupt police forces, not to mention the racism that comes from average citizens who think they're sooo great. It makes me feel a bit better that I live in Japan, but there are a few racist people. I've never been the victim of it, but the thought scares me a lot.

"I'm sorry, dude," I hear Y/n say making me look into their eyes. I see nothing but sincerity and my worries begin to fade. A smile begins to make its way to my face and I feel better now as I finally tell someone one of my biggest fears.

"How did you manage to get in charge of a drum shop though?" I hear Y/n confused voice ask me, making me laugh.

'Why am I laughing so much?' I question myself as I begin to explain how I managed to get a drum store.

"So, my grandfather started the store 50 years ago or something like that, and he passed it down to my father 30 years ago. I guess my Dad planned on giving it to me when I turn 18, so he announced that he would be giving it to me on the day after my birthday. Since my birthday was the same day you saw me run into the counter, I got the shop the day after," I explain, kinda skipping over a huge piece of info that Y/n didn't know.

"Let me get this right; I met you on your birthday?" they ask me, to which I nod. "And you're 18?" they continue, making me question where they were going as I nod my head again. "And I'm 17," they say, finally telling me their age.

"I guess, what's that got do with anything?" I ask, now very confused as to what those three things had to do with each other. A smirk begins to form on their face as they stop walking and turn to look at me. I do the same and stand still, waiting to hear what they were going to say.

"Doesn't that mean you're kinda a predator?" Y/n blankly says, making me turn into a statue.

'Uh...................' is all I can think as I see Y/n hysterically laugh, holding their stomach. I shake out of my trance and immediately start to lightly punch them, trying to scold them. It doesn't work and ends up making them laugh even harder.

"Stop doing that! You've got me back already! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?!" I shout while lightly shaking them back in forth, making a few people look at us as they pass by, not that I care.

"Hahaha...you're way too fun to tease. HAHAHA!" I manage to hear them say in between laughs. I see their face begins to become a bit paler and I immediately stop shaking them, not wanting to smell like vomit for the rest of the walk.

"To answer your question...No, I'm not a predator, I'm only a year older than you. It's legal for me to hit on you, so you bet I'm going to abuse that power," I say while a smirk rises to my face, I see Y/n's face turn go back to its original tone, with a hint of pink rising. "Oooh, did I make someone embarrassed?" I tease them, not expecting to receive a punch to the shoulder in response.

"S-shut up," Y/n quietly says, making my smile rise to my face.

'Some may say it's my devilish smile, but I'm still a perfect angel, right?... Not,' I think as I come up with an idea to make them even more embarrassed. As we continue to walk into a less populated area, surrounded by a park, I pull out my phone and find a random song to listen to. I quickly turn the volume up to the max as I try to keep a neutral face, not wanting them to catch onto my plan. Putting my phone in my back pocket, I wait for the lyrics to start.

(Mariposa by Peach Tea Rascals. Video at the beginning)

My way, I'm far away

I'll keep running

As the music starts I can see Y/n look at me with wide eyes then begin to speedily walk away from me, into the non-paved path of the park

I smirk while thinking, 'You can't escape me that easily.' I begin to quickly follow them, hoping not to lose sight of them.

Just to find a way to you till then

"Just to find a way to you till then," I lightly sing as I remain a few paces behind Y/n. They look over their shoulder and start sprinting across the field. 'Not a good idea, I've always been top of my class for running. Remember there is a reason you called me Iida,' I think as I head off behind them.

I been running from it

Tired of running from it

Scared of feeling something

Now I'm stuck and tryna get up out of this hole

I tried to be strong

I tried to make it work but I've been feeling so numb

"Don't run away from me!!" I teasingly exclaim Y/n continues to run around the park, decreasing in speed with every step they take.

Skies are bleeding on me

Why'd you leave me lonely?

Feeling Whitney Stoney

Now I'm stuck and wonder where I ever went wrong

How could I be strong

I'm fighting for your love

I see Y/n gradually slow down until they are walking at a quick pace. Even though I'm still about 10 feet away from them, they know they can't escape me, so they resort to hiding behind trees, knowing very well I can't see them if they do, especially in the dark with only the moon and a few lamp posts shining.

I can't wait for you

To come my way

I've been far away

But I'll keep runnin'

Just to find a way to you 'til then

"Yahoo? Where'd you go? Y'know it's not nice to fun away from someone," I say hoping to hear their voice come from behind one of the trees.

"Go to hell!" I hear Y/n's voice coming from about 30 ft ahead of me, followed by the crunching of dry grass.

'Bingo.'

"If I go to hell, then I'm pulling you down with me!" I shout back while running to the tree I think Y/n is behind.

I don't see light in your love anymore

There ain't no reason in pourin' a four

I don't like feelings or feeling like running from something

And feeling so out of control

I know that the feeling is gone

I'm spending too much time alone

I'm hopin' you pick up the phone

"Y'know, you should do like the lyrics say and not run away from me," I say as I stick my head beside the tree I believe they are standing behind. To my surprise, no one is there. Suddenly I hear a familiar chuckle as I turn around looking to where the sound came from.

"It takes more than that to find me," Y/n says, continuing to laugh. The laughs suddenly stop when I presume they realized that I can find them by the sound. I smile to myself as I continue to look for them.

And ring me when you wanna stay overnight

My shoulders right, my baby is all that I want

"If I didn't know better, I would think you enjoyed this little game we have here," I mockingly said, knowing that Y/n's too prideful to let me say shit like that. At least, that's what I've learnt from our short interactions.

I'll play them all of my favourite songs

That lady is my favourite one

"I do not," is all I hear about 10 ft behind me. Hastily, I turn around and see a moving figure run in between the trees.

'When did they get behind me?' I think as I spirit over to the tree they went behind.

I can't wait for you

To come my way

I've been far away

But I'll keep runnin'

Just to find a way to you 'til then

"...Found ya!" I loudly say as I look behind the tree, this time being successful with finding them. Y/n jumps with shock and quickly moves to the other side of the tree, out of my reach. "You do realize that's not going to stop me, right?" I say as I follow them to the other side of the tree. They move to where I previously was and I follow them again. We go around the tree in circles until they suddenly behind another tree, about 7 ft away.

Ain't never gonna let ya go

Got my heart NASCAR racing

"You just won't give this up, will you?" I ask while following them, laughing as I pop out behind the tree, scaring them again. However before they can do anything, I grab their wrist, catching them off guard.

Shine ain't ever fading

He just left ya hangin'

Fiendin' for ya love

All worth it for the waiting

Y/n slightly struggles to get out of my grasp and I smile in victory.

"Checkmate, I win," I say while flashing them a smile. They suddenly look me in the eyes and grin, like they just had the best idea in the world. Y/n suddenly uses the momentum they had made from pulling away from me and jump towards me, making my eyes go wide. As soon as I feel their body hit me, I immediately start to collapse under the pressure; I mean who wouldn't when a 17-year-old throws themselves at you.

Give you what you need

Take you where he won't

Can feel it when we're all alone

"Ughhh..." I groan as I feel Y/n's body on top of mine as my back suddenly hits the ground. "You're heavier than you look," I say without much thought before I quickly realize my words and feel my arms pinned beside me.

Know you're wanting something more

My heart is like an open door

Just ring me when you wanna go

"Checkmate, asshole," Y/n says as they continue to hold my arms down in place. They have one knee on the ground, while they put the other in my stomach, making me groan in pain.

I'll wait 'til you're home

Hold a place 'til you're comin home

Show you where the garden grows

Just ring me when you wanna go

We stay here for a few seconds as I look into their eyes again. This time I can see they're filled with happiness and joy as they begin to start laughing, except these laughs are a bit different from the others. It's hard to explain but it sounds like they have no cares in the world and they are only living in this moment, just like how I always do. My cheeks begin to heat up significantly, but due to the lack of light, it probably only looks like a light pink.

'Aha, what's this feeling?' I question myself but quickly get cut off by soft singing.

I can't wait for you

"I can't wait for you" Y/n sings beautifully while slightly nudging me, asking me to continue the lyrics.

To come my way

"To come my way" I follow after them even though my voice may never compare to theirs.

I've been far away

"I've been far away" Y/n follows after me. Assuming they want me to follow, I continue to lightly sing.

But I'll keep runnin'

"But I'll keep runnin'" I sing, expecting a harmony on the last line.

Just to find a way to you 'til then

"Just to find a way to you 'til then" we harmonize as I deeply stare into their eyes the best I can, even though it's dark and they still have their knee on my gut.

As I hear the song end, I continue to look into their beautiful e/c eyes as they look back into mine. I smile and I see them smile back at me. I feel my heart flutter again but don't do anything about it. It's a nice feeling and I don't want it to go away.

"Y'know..." I hear Y/n say as they slightly lean in, making me blush even harder, expecting something completely different than what happened next. "...You're an idiot," they bluntly say, making my mind go black as I turn into a statue once more.

'The amount of power they have over you is disappointing,' I hear my brain say to me as I continue to lay still as Y/n stands up and gets off me, laughing but not as hard as before.

"Are you comfortable down there? Not gonna lie, that ground looks extremely comfy," Y/n says, repeating the same thing they did when we first met.

"Oh yeah. In fact, I couldn't wait to sit on it, so I decided to let you pin me down to it," I say, deciding to follow suit, making them chuckle again.

"Need any help getting up?" I hear them continue as I search my brain for what I said next.

'What do you think?...No...Something about less of me...Oh!'

"Would you think any less of me if I say 'yes'?" I ask with a higher pitch voice, hoping I said the right thing.

"Dude, you decided to chase me around a park while playing music, got pinned to the ground, then sarcastically told me the ground was comfy. There is no way I could think less of you," Y/n says, slightly changing their words so they would fit into our situation.

"You got me there. Yeah, please help me up," I respond while chuckling at myself.

'I would have never thought that I would ever go along with shit like this,' I think to myself as Y/n helps me to my feet, almost dropping me. As I stand, I quickly dust myself off and look back at them, smiling. We start walking again with me taking occasional glances at them. 'Only for you.'

" I think we're about 10 minutes from my place. You don't have to walk with me the rest of the way," I hear them say as we reach the edge of the park.

"Nah, it's probably better that we stay together. Y'know, just in case," I tell them with a sincere tone, not trying to freak them out. You never know who is out there and they will prey on anyone they can get their hands on. "Plus, if I don't, I won't know where you live," I say, trying to ease the tension I had created.

"Ahhh...that's your motive, huh?" Y/n asks, to which I reply by nodding my head. "Well, I guess you should know where I live if I'm gonna work for you," I hear them say as they quickly walk ahead of me, obviously skipping over that huge piece of info they decided to tell me.

I quickly run to catch up to them, a big smile present on my face. "Seriously? You wanna work for me?" I happily ask, glad they finally considered my offer. Grabbing their shoulder, I turn them around so that they're facing me.

"...Yeah...Could you turn your smile down? It's too bright," they say while covering their eyes, making me laugh and smile even brighter, making them groan.

"I'm so happy, Y/n! I'll be the best boss ever!" I exclaim, knowing I sound like a five-year-old child, but not caring because I got them to say 'yes'.

"Pfft...you're hilarious!" Y/n says while laughing but quickly covers their mouth, making it seem like they just said a bad word. "A-ah, this is my place," they say, making me stop walking and look up at the large apartment complex.

'It's huge! They never mentioned they had money. Why are they working for me then if they don't need it?' I think before I hear Y/n clearing their throat.

"If you're wondering why I'm working for you if I live in a place like this, the answer is that I see the money as my parents, not as my own," they tell me, making me think they read minds. "You coming up?" They say as they walk over to the staircase. I gladly follow them and we begin our ascent to the top floor.

"What does your family do?" I ask them, trying to break the silence that had fallen between us.

They think for a second before answering me. "My Mom's an engineer for the city and my brother's an English teacher at a college," they tell me as we continue our climb.

"What about your Dad?" I ask, making their face drop immediately. They made the same face when I first met them when I mentioned the price of repairing the snare they brought in. I thought they got upset because of the price, but I think it goes deeper than that. I begin to feel the same waves of guilt that I felt when I first met them but in greatly increased amounts because I knew I had caused this. "S-sorry, I d-didn't mean to b-bring a-anything up," I say, trying to apologize for bringing up something sensitive.

"It's ok, it's not your fault anyway," they say while sighing, making the guilt lingering me partially go away, but I still feel bad.

"How about this, I won't make you work 'til Monday. That's like...4 days you have to get ready," I tell them, hoping I won't feel guilty over this until the day I die. We finish climbing the stairs and stay silent for a few seconds before I hear Y/n laughing again.

"You think not making me work for 4 days is a good make up strategy, Iida?" I hear them say, mentioning one of my favourite nicknames, while lightly laughing. I soon realize that they were making fun of me.

"What was I supposed to do? Give you the mint I stole from the restaurant?" I sarcastically ask we approach the front door of their apartment.

"They had mints at the restaurant?" Y/n asks like a little child, making me chuckle.

'I think the fact that they're like me should scare me...' I start my thought as I hand them the little mint in my pocket.

"Here. Now, are we even?" I ask as I see them pop the mint into their mouth as they repeatedly nod their head, making me chuckle again.

"Yep!" they quickly say as they pull out the key to their front door. Soon they put the key in and look like they are going to turn it, but they pause and look back at me. "Thank you for walking me home, Haruto. I had a lot of fun," is all they say as they quickly turn their key and walk through the door, closing it as fast as they opened it.

I stand at the door for a few seconds before smiling and going down the stairs.

'..But, that's what I like about them,' I finish my thought as I head home.

What did you guys think of a chapter from Haruto's POV? I hadn't done one like this in a while so I hope you enjoyed it!

Also, per the request of one person...

... Haruto!!! LOL, he looks pretty bad, don't look at his hands.

I based the drawing off u/QooroliRavi's on Reddit.

I know, 2 chapters in a row with music? It's all apart of my evil plan. NO WAIT... it's Dark Reunion's plan. *manically laughs* Yeah I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore. I was staring at the gif at the top for like 5 minutes straight, so uh...take from that what you want. I've gotten a few music suggestions and I am extremely grateful for them, so if anyone else has any, they would be appreciated. I probably won't use them all, but it's nice to hear suggestions.

Have a good morning/evening/night,

~Kyra

(3844 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 747 19
!Cover Photo DOES NOT belong to me! Top Naruto x Bottom Reader I now have a second book. But it's Bottom Naruto x Top Reader. They aren't connected. ...
145K 2.1K 41
[COMPLETED] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ok hii this story is basically oneshots of alot of characters. You my beautiful reader are my oc!! You just get...
24.8K 706 12
REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED The mystery behind them was the only thing he never solved. (Damn that sounds cheesy) Gender Neutral Reader (they/the...
18.2K 467 60
The First Book of the 'Neither A Hero Nor A Villain' series "A hero doesn't kill and a villain doesn't save. So guess what, I'm neither a hero nor a...