Bound

By WritingGals

Two very different people who shares one common thing: They're afraid of falling in love. Eleanor Edeson, a m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

92.4K 2.2K 106
By WritingGals

Chapter Nine

Eleanor's POV

Eleanor, why in the world are you crying? I scolded myself furiously wiping the tears away while humming to Peyton to go to sleep.

"Mummy crying." Peyton sat up from his bed noticing the tears on my face.

"No, sweetheart," I said laying him back down. "Just had something in my eye. Go on, time for sleep. Mummy will go get some rest too, okay? Good night." I kissed the top of his forehead and gently closed the door behind me. 

I walked past by Luke's door, knowing that Parker already put him to sleep. I purposely stalled time in Peyton's room not wanting to see him after tonight. I couldn't face him after what's happened. I accidentally overheard him in his father's office after using the bathroom. I had wished I didn't. I couldn't blame his father, though. Everything he said about me was true. I couldn't believe I had let the image of myself come to that.

I slowly walked up the stairs dreading to face Parker. I gently opened the door hoping he was already asleep but was disappointed seeing him sitting down on the edge of his side of the bed. I quickly escaped to my closet shrugging out of the dress. After washing up in the loo for a really long time not wanting to go out and speak to Parker, I reluctantly stepped out into our bedroom in my comfy gray sweats and white v-neck t-shirt I saw lounging around in the back of my closet. Thank God I found them too because there was no way I'm ever going to get caught wearing those lingerie clothes Parker ordered for me. I cringed at the thought of that sight. I glanced at Parker and was shocked when he was still in the same position I found him last. 

When he heard my soft footsteps, he brought his head up and stated, "I was hoping more of lace and skin, but I guess that will have to do for the night." His boyish smirk that always kept him from being taken seriously was upon on his face.

I raised an eyebrow, not expecting this side of him at this particular moment. "Sorry to disappoint." I replied back slipping into the bed. "Parker, about tonight..."

"What about it?" He interrupted not one bit fazed and crawled up to the head of the bed. He leaned against the headboard with both his arms behind his head. I couldn't help but notice his toned biceps flex. 

"I didn't mean to be the cause for you and your father's fight," I said softly crossing my arms over the covers. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, ma cheríe," he sternly said. "Fights with Father are a common thing. We do it more than a civilized conversation."

It was silent for a moment; both of us not knowing what to say. I stole a peek at him and found that he was asleep. His eyes were closed, and his breathing was light and rhythmic. I smiled softly and turned my back on him lightly crying myself to sleep hoping Parker didn't hear.

The next few weeks passed by slowly. I officially had nothing to do, and the fact bothered me to the brim of insanity. I loved my boys with all my heart, but sometimes they get a bit too much. They had been getting really comfortable living here and of course, with Parker himself. Especially Luke. He waits up for Parker to get home just so he could tuck him into his bed. 

I was a bit scared of what this will lead to. I specifically remembered Parker stating he wanted nothing to do with my sons but now look at that man, acting as if he was the father! Putting them to bed, playing with them when he gets home early, and spoiling them with toys every now and then. I was getting a bit fed up by his actions. I wanted to hope so bad they were genuine acts, but with Parker you may never know. I just don't want him to stop caring and leave the boys wanting more that he couldn't give: being a father.

"When Parker get home, Momma?" Luke asked me as I was inspecting him while he tidied his room up.

"Oh not until after dinner, my angel," I answered handing him a toy on the bed which he placed inside his toy box.

"I want to play this helicopter with him!" Luke pouted holding up the remote-controlled helicopter Parker got him a few days ago. "He said he was going to teach me how to spin it! Like this!" My little boy proceeded to demonstrated by holding the helicopter up in his hand and running around in circles making the sound. 

"Maybe he will if he gets home okay?" I said standing up. "Now stop playing and clean your room. I'm going to check on Peyton."

I left Luke's room and went to the one beside his. I found Peyton seated on the carpeted floor flipping through a story book as if he was reading it. He was always been the opposite of Luke.

"Hey sweetheart," I greeted, and his face lit up at the sight of me.

"Mum!" He squealed. "Gandma gave book!" 

"That's right," I nodded sitting on the edge of his bed. "Agatha did give you that book, huh?" 

Parker wasn't the only one in love with my sons. Agatha took it upon herself to be considered as their doting grandmother. I was grateful for it, however. I've always dreamed of my own parents spoiling my children. She would pop up randomly throughout the weeks and surprise us with a visit. Each time, she'd have something for the boys!

I was a bit jealous seeing I couldn't spoil my kids if I wanted back then. Other people would have to do it. Now that I actually have access to Parker's bank account, I couldn't bring myself to swipe the many cards he's given me. I wanted to raise my kids right. 

The house phone rang, and I picked up Peyton walking up the stairs where the telephone was located. "Luke, angel, your brother and I will be upstairs okay? You can come on up when you're done cleaning your room."

"Yes Momma," came his reply.

I grabbed the phone with my free hand off its hook just before it went to voice mail. "Hello?"

"Mrs. Jenkins, this is one of the guards up front of the neighborhood. We have two guests demanding to be let in saying they were invited by you. Their names are Samantha and Finn."

"It's Summer," I heard my best friend correct him irately in the background.

"Of course!" I mentally slapped myself. "I did invite them to come over this afternoon. Ah, yes. Let them in please."

"Will do, Mrs. Jenkins. Have yourself a nice day now," the guard hung up, and I couldn't hear anymore of Summer's 'I told you so' lecture to the guard.

I set Peyton down on his two feet who followed me into the kitchen where Augusto was stirring something up on his beloved stove. I became really good friends with our chef which I know bosses don't usually do with their house services. Augusto and James made good company everyday when Parker was at work.

"That better be something delicious, Augusto," I teased knowing full well whatever he makes is heaven.

"Of course it will be madam!" He proudly replied in his thick Italian accent. "Made it special just for your two friends."

"How come you remembered them coming over, and I did not?" I wondered sitting down on the stool waiting for my best friend to get here.

"Memorization is key to being a good chef! Little sir, would you like to taste some Piragi?" Augusto asked Peyton. 

Peyton nodded and grabbed what looks to be a baked pastry in his hand. He bit into it his face curious at the taste. I laughed and pulled Peyton in my lap. "Let me taste, sweetheart."

I bit into it, and the new flavor burst in my mouth. It was heavenly. Absolutely delicious! "This is amazing, Augusto." I complimented him with my mouth full just as the doorbell rang. "Ah, that must be Summer and Finn."

I slid off the chair and went to the front door to see James opening it and Summer and her fiancée with their mouths open. 

"Summer!" I greeted with a huge smile and half-ran towards her. I tackled her in a huge hug which she gladly returned. 

"Oh, babe I've missed you!" She mumbled into my hair and pulled back. "You're looking great!"

"Thank you," I smiled and complimented her back. "You're looking very Summery." Her black hair was pulled into a high bun at the top of her head. She was sporting on leggings with a long trench coat over the rest of her body.

"Finn, you've been treating my best friend well?" I asked smiling pulling him into a hug. It was almost difficult since Peyton was already in his arms excited to see his Uncle Finn again.

"Like a queen," he remarked kissing me on the cheek. "Question is, Parker treating you well?"

My smile faltered a bit but regained it instantly. "I'm alive, aren't I?" I joked. "Come on in and welcome to my lovely home. You guys are probably starving."

"Don't you know it," Summer grinned and hooked her arm through mine. "Now, Elle. You do know you have a lot to catch me up on."

"Well, I'm glad we have the whole entire afternoon to ourselves," I winked noticing just how much I had missed Summer. "This school year been great so far?" I asked leading them to the living room finally using the new furniture I had ordered for company. 

"Much better than the last, I can guarantee you that!" Summer remarked sitting down right beside me. Peyton and Finn were on the couch opposite us playing with each other. Peyton was showing him the new story book Parker bought for him last week. "Bloody Elle... This is one beautiful house you're living in. Of course, with Parker as your husband, you can't expect anything less. You lucky gal. I wish I was the damsel in distress and my knight in shining armor came to retrieve me!"

"You regret saying yes to my marriage proposal, sweetheart?" Finn piped up teasingly. 

"Oh it was only my pitying conscience that made me say yes, darling," Summer fired back just as teasingly. "You know I wouldn't trade you for the world!" She said in a more serious tone.

I smiled at their cute comments to each other. All I had ever wanted was to find love just like theirs. I guess I could never have that anymore with me bounded to a loveless marriage now. 

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" I looked up to see James standing respectfully a few meters away. 

"Ah yes. Can you bring us the scrumptious snacks Augusto brought together for us?" James nodded and quickly left.

"Augusto?" Summer asked wonderingly bringing her feet and legs up on the couch making herself comfortable. She leaned against the cushions with her direction towards me.

"The chef."

"A chef and a butler," my best friend said appreciatively. "Impressive. Props to Parker for that! By the way, where's that other darling boy of yours?" She asked referring to Luke.

"Parker's home!" Luke squealed just as he heard the doorbell ring. He stood up from his spot on the ground with Peyton and ran off towards the front door. His routine every evening was to wait patiently (and sometimes impatiently) for Parker to get home and open the door for him.

"Luke's really smitten with Parker now, it seems," Finn stated from his spot on the couch.

It was now a few hours later, and I was still in deep conversations with my two friends. The time has totally slipped my mind, and my mind didn't register the sun going down outside the windows.

"Yeah, they have," I answered Finn just as Parker walked in with Luke pinned under his arms who was laughing uncontrollably. He was looking extra fine tonight if that was any possible. My heart warmed at the sight before me. They looked like a father/son pair. If only Parker was their actual father... What? No! How could I be thinking stuff like that? Parker obviously didn't want anything to do with my sons, and he's stated that clearly in the beginning.

"Hey, I didn't know you had visitors," Parker smiled at Finn and Summer before looking at me. 

"I hope that was okay," I replied standing up from the couch. "I just missed my best friend and thought that today was a perfect day for them to come over and just catch up on stuff. Luke, get down from there." I directed at my son who refused stubbornly.

"He's fine," Parker smiled down at me, "and your friends coming over is fine too. You don't have to ask my permission. This is your home just as much as mine. Summer and Finn, if I am correct?" He asked my friends.

"The one and only," Summer exclaimed standing up. She wasted no time in asking Parker questions. "So, have you been good to my best friend and her children? You're not some abusive freak, are you? 'cause I swear, if you are, I can finally use my martial arts to good use."

"Sweetheart," Finn softly reprimanded his partner with a slight smile. 

"I just want to know that my best friend and two adorable nephews are in safe hands," she said defiantly with her chin up to Parker. 

"I can assure you that they're the safest they have ever been in my care," Parker told her calmly and with a smile. 

"That's all I'm asking for."

"Excuse my feisty soon to be bride," Finn cut in and stood beside her. "We best be going, now. It's getting rather late, and we have a long way until we reach our place."

"Why don't you guys stay for dinner?" Parker offered kindly. 

"Oh, not tonight, I'm afraid. We have a long drive ahead of us and have work in the morning. Some other time, maybe."

"I'll walk you guys out," I declared following them to the front door. "Thank you guys for coming. I've had a lovely afternoon spending it with you guys." I hugged both of them for a good amount of time before letting go. "Now, just mail us the invitation for your wedding and we'll make sure to be free on that day."

"You're my maid of honor," Summer rolled her eyes. "You have to be there, Elle."

I grinned. "Of course. What was I thinking? Goodbye! Make sure you visit us again sometime."

"We will," Finn said coming over and placed a kiss on my forehead. He's become my big brother in a way; he's always looking out for me. "You can come to us anytime."

"Thank you," I smiled and giving them a final wave before closing the door.

I turned back around heading down to where the rest of the household were. I heard Luke's shouts of admiration and found out it was because of Parker controlling the helicopter up high into the ceiling with the remote control. 

"Momma! Look at this!" Luke exclaimed to me and pulling on my hand. 

"That's awesome, angel," I agreed, "but first we have to eat dinner before you can play with your toys."

"But Parker just got here!" He whined climbing in Parker's lap who placed the helicopter down.

"Come on, buddy. Do what your mum says. We'll play afterwards, sounds good?" He nodded slowly and sighed. "Go on into the dining room and ask James to set the table up. We'll be there in a sec."

I made my way to follow Peyton and Luke into the dining room but was stopped with a hand on my elbow. 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Parker asked me.

I gave him a curt nod. "Of course. Is anything wrong?"

"No, no," he chuckled. "Quite the opposite actually. Father's finally stepping down from his title as CEO and is handing down the title to me. I guess he's finally accepted that I am already married and ready to take on as the head of the company."

"That's excellent!" I exclaimed truly happy for him. Without thinking too much about it, I threw my arms around his neck pulling him into a hug. "Congratulations!"

A few seconds later, his arms went around my waist lightly squeezing me. "Thanks." He breathed out into my hair.

I pulled away a blush already creeping onto my face. That was the first intimate contact we ever shared during our marriage so far. It was a bit scary knowing my reaction towards his physical contact was still the same during that short amount of time we were 'dating.' When I actually cared for him and thought he felt the same for me. I couldn't feel that way towards him anymore. I told myself that I hated his guts for taking my independence away, but why do I still feel a pull of attraction towards him? 

"There's going to be a company party this coming Friday to celebrate it," he snapped me out of my thoughts. "I would very much like it if you can come. It'll be the first public appearance we would make as a married couple." Of course. He'd only want me there to show me off. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I'll be there," I promised him with a small smile before briskly turning away and walking into the dining room where I found my sons patiently sitting down in their designated spots at the table.

Before I knew it, Friday made its appearance to us. It was on that morning when the monsters arrived. 

"Parker, what's going on?" I asked apprehensively. "Who are they?"

Parker was standing in front of the group of people with a smug smile on his face and arms crossed. "These are personal stylists I hired for the day. They're going to transform you for tonight."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "You're kidding me, right?" Parker gave me a smirk and shook his head. I quickly stopped laughing and gave them a deadpanned look. "I am a married mother. I don't see why I have to look like someone who I actually am not. Am I too ugly to be your wife, Parker?" I made the last thing I said come off as a joke, but I don't think it worked out too well.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest to make my point. Parker sighed and came to stand really close in front of me. He placed his hands on my shoulder, and suddenly I became aware of all my senses. I could smell his fresh minty breath still from his morning brush. His deep, green eyes bored into my blue ones. "Trust me when I say this: you are the most gorgeous wife and mother on this planet Earth. Any straight man would be able to see that." Then he let go of me and took a couple steps back much to my relief. "Alright, guys. She's all yours for the day. Don't worry about the kids, I've got them handled."

My face reddened in anger. "Parker! You are going to pay for this!" 

After eight hours of being primped and beautified, I finally had time alone to myself in the bathroom. I took a deep breath trying to relax all of the sore spots in places I didn't even know could sore! I stared at myself in the mirror. Eleanor Edeson wasn't staring back at me anymore. No, Eleanor Jenkins was. Even in a white, furry robe, I looked elegant enough to be a Jenkins and as Parker's wife.

My hair was still in its blondeness with added highlights. My hairdo was plain and simple. He let it down in its natural waves only voluming it which was a good look for me. My eyebrows were plucked into a neat, exquisite shape and any unwanted hair was waxed free of it. I had my nails on both my feet and hands manicured special for tonight it a deep maroon red. The color and I quote from the manicurist was "sophisticated yet feisty." 

My make up was done by a professional which I was thankful for, since I had lost the ability to accentuate my facial features with make up ever since I had my kids. It just took up precious time in the morning, which I could be using for work hours. Unlike the other stylists, he didn't keep the make up to  a minimum. He went all out. He didn't use exotic colors which would make me look like a complete clown, but he did make me look ...well beautifulAll of the stylists did. 

"I don't even think I'm the real Eleanor anymore," I whispered softly to myself turning around and heading into my closet.

Once again, Parker has chosen a dress for me to wear. I swear, I sometimes feel as if he doesn't trust me to dress formal myself. The dress was still zipped up into its case. I haven't seen it yet myself, since I was busy the whole day being embellished. I slowly unzipped it, and my fingers touched soft black material. Excited, I took the dress out and admired it.

It was a simple black dress. It was strapless with a white silk material going around on the top. The front bodice was modest, not showing any cleavage but the back dipped down a good amount showing plenty of skin. There were sparkling white sequins that separated the top part of the dress and the rest. It flowed down my slender legs covering all the way down to my toes.

I gently took off my robe and put the dress on, careful not to mess up my make up and hair. I wouldn't know how to fix it myself if anything. I slipped on the matching silver heels right beside it and still the dress covered my feet except for the occasional peep toe.

I stalled time in the closet not wanting to see Parker's reaction anytime soon. Although it was almost nearing the time for us to have to leave, and I walked slowly into the bedroom. Parker was busy buttoning fixing his tie and looked up when he was satisfied.

After looking me up and down twice, he finally said, "Wow. You-you look beautiful. That word doesn't even describe you right enough."

I blushed. "Thank you. I guess it was all the stylists' doings."

Parker took a few steps closer to me and admire me up close. He was so close I could feel his breath fanning over my face. "You look truly gorgeous, Eleanor." He said it so intimately and serious, the mood was beginning to change. I was expecting more of a perverted remark from him.

"Well good. At least the plucking, waxing, and stretching paid off," I joked trying to lighten the mood again.

I didn't even feel his one hand cupping one side of my face pulling me just a tad bit closer. I couldn't register anything in that moment. My mind was blank not knowing what to do or say. When I looked into Parker's eyes again, they were intense with lust. I had seen that look so many times on Riley just before we made Peyton and Luke. No. Parker doesn't like me in that way.

I fidgeted in my heels wanting to pull away but couldn't. This caused me to stumble into his chest where I grabbed onto the lapels of his suit jacket to balance myself. Parker also quickly wound his arms around my waist to keep me from falling. The close proximity between us must have set something off in Parker's mind for he bent down and crashed his lips onto mine. 

Oh no... My lipstick! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
738K 23.3K 33
Madison Sweeney was well prepared to spend her life alone with her three children after her hateful relationship came to a crashing end. She never ex...
18.9K 1.3K 33
Ellie thought she'd never find love again, especially after having her son, Noah, and the love of her life leaving her to raise their child alone. El...
71.6K 2.6K 20
Started- April, 6 2019 Completed- June 17, 2019 Status- completed and editing. How would you feel when your normal life take a huge u-turn and put yo...