Orphic

By Hafsa_tahir

Adj~ mysterious and entrancing ❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀ His breath got stuck in his throat as he held the pen above th... More

Prologue
✦ Character aesthetics ✦
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4.
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7.
Episode 8
Episode 9.
Episode 10.
Episode 11.
Episode 12
Episode 13.
Episode 14.
Episode 15.
Episode 16.
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19.
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29.
Episode 30.
Episode 31.
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34.
Episode 35.
Episode 36.
Episode 37.
Episode 38.
Episode 39.
Episode 40.
Episode 41.
Episode 42.
Episode 44.
Episode 45.
Episode 46.
Episode 47.
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51.
Episode 52
Episode 53.
Episode 54.
Episode 55.
Episode 56.
Episode 57.
Episode 58.
Episode 59
Episode 60.
Episode 61.
Episode 62.
Episode 63.
redemption.

Episode 43.

4.1K 351 173
By Hafsa_tahir

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Zoya's pov.

Busy, hectic and tiring were how i liked to describe the days I was surviving. Exams came to an end but the endless work baba had loaded on me now was insane. Summer break wasn't so nice after all.

"Seriously" I sighed at the amount of paper work my assistant kept bringing to my office. The world was on silent and all I could think of was how university only used to be the reasons of my exhaustion. But in the end Baba has been doing this for years and now it's better if he works less and rests more.

A knock resounded in the door as I mindlessly chewed on the cap of my pen

"Not now Kareem. I already have enough here" I said hearing the man's voice. After a long silence I heard the door being closed and footsteps approaching the desk.

"Kareem I—" I stopped mid sentence as I met the eyes of the man standing before me. Hands stuffed in his pockets, face sporting a hint of a smile and blue eyes gazing down on my frame.

"Mr Khan?" I questioned standing up to my full height and straightening my chiffon black button down shirt.

"Ms Zoya" he said forwarding his hand. With a minor tug of my lips i took it and gave it a firm shake.

"I wasn't expecting a visit." I said sitting back down in my chair keeping in mind not to pay much attention to him.

"It actually wasn't planned but then I thought I'd drop these files off myself." he said sitting before me, while placing the files on the table.  He leaned back in his chair making me place the files in my drawer. I hummed and nodded in response while keeping my self busy in my work.

"Would you like to have something?" I asked smiling politely.

"Sure. One black coffee please" he said passing me a smile. I nodded before ordering one for him.

"Won't you take one yourself?" He asked making me shake my head.

"I just had mine I'm not looking forward for another cup" I replied making him hum lowly.

"So how's university going?" He asked making me give him a skeptic glance.

"Good" I replied.

"What are your plans for the future? I mean you're very well in business, what about your major?" He proceeded taking tht cup from kareem who had just walked in.

"Well I still have a year to go and then internship. I'd like to see where I end up, I don't like planning stuff beforehand" I said shrugging as I changed tht file before me as I was done with the previous one.

I would've given him the attention but his unwavering gaze was making me squirm in my skin.

"That's nice I guess. What if something doesn't go in your favour, then?" He asked making me lean back in my seat meeting his gaze. A look of ease on his structured face greeted me. My hand toyed the paper weight on the table whilst my legs crossed over each other.

"Then. I try not to let it gloom my spirit. Somewhere, somehow it would've been for the best of me" I stated simply with a tilt of head to the right.

"That's a very nice thought, what if it breaks you completely?" My eyebrow  rose at his question. I gulped before looking away from his scrutinizing blur eyes.

"What's a human without breaking atleast once?" I said turning my head to him.

"A content human?" He questioned making me chuckle.

"I like that thought. A content human being is hard to find. Everyone is troubled in one way or another. But most don't exhibit it openly, don't you think?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I don't agree with you on that. Not everyone is troubled, some like troubling others" he said making me nod.

"Touché"

"I would've want to chatter more Ms Zoya, but I have a meeting" he said getting up from his seat making.me follow suit. After shaking his hand I walked his over to the door of my cabin and upon opening I was greeted with the sight of Einstein.

"It's amusing how we always come across each other when I'm leaving" the blue eyed man chuckled making Einstein reply with a smile of his own. Arbaz left and Zahan turned his gaze to me.

"What was he doing here?" He asked following me inside my office.

"He came to drop off the files" I said leaning back against the desk making him hum in response.

"Do you know how to sew back a button?" He asked making me follow his gaze to the open button of his white dress shirt.

"Yes" I said taking my eyes off of the peeking skin that glowed in it's lustrous tan glory.

"Do you have a sewing kit or something?" He asked making me nod with a sigh.

"Why do you have one?"

"Accidents happen and it's better to be safe than sorry" I said pulling it out of my bag.

"Do you want me to take it off or..." He drawled with eyes glinting with arrogance.

This man..

"No I can work like that"

No I can't. Why doesn't he know the basics? Good for nothing beast.

"As you wish" I heard him say while I looped the thread through the needle.

"Chub gaye tu me zimedaar nahi ho" I warned.
(If it pokes you I'm not be held responsible)

"Nahi bhi chubni hogi tu mujhe yaqeen hai tumne chuba deni hai" he said making me glare at while placing the button at it's place.
(Even when it's not going to poke me I'm sure you'll do it purposely)

I tried not to think of his cologne engulfing me and tried to keep doing what I was doing, that was untill he stepped forward. I focused on not freezing and getting the job done while ignoring his hands holding my waist.

"Done" I said stepping away and turning around after cutting the thread with a small scissor.

"Uh uh" I heard.

"What happened?" I asked not turning around.

"You missed one" he said making me turn around with with furrowed eyebrows. My eyes looked over the row of buttons sitting just fine on his chest then met his eyes.

"They're all perfectly fine" I said making a smirk spread on his face and I knew this man was upto no good.

"Look this one" he said pulling a button off of his shirt.

"Einstein" I gasped making him shrug and pull off another one.

"How is this even possible?" I whined.

"You don't want to give the ladies outside a show do you?" He asked walking closer to me, backing me up against the wooden desk.

"You know what? I actually do want to give them a show. Go outside like this. I don't even care" I said trying to get away from him. His hands clasped behind my back and he swiftly turned us around so now he leaned on the desk while I leaned on him.

"Or even better I can take yours" he said undoing the buttons of my shirt.

"No. You vile man" I gasped holding his hand, scowling at his smirking expression.

"You won't even fit in my shirt" I said clutching my shirt for dear life.

"Why, are you that fat?" He said biting his lip not letting that chuckle escape.

"How dare you?" I gasped punching his chest and struggling in his arms.

"Oh—" he coughed holding my hands "Zoya" he yelled my name making me stop and glare at him.

"You know I'm very jealous of you" he said making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why's that?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

"Because" he sighed before biting his lip "your partners hotter than mine" he said faking a sad expression.

"But I'm you—" I stopped seeing him bite his lips to stop himself from laughing but he could and threw his head back laughing at my expression. I stomped on his foot and walked back  before anything could happen but peace was never an option here.

"Janan.. kaam tu poora kartı jaayen" he said pulling me back while I looked at the wall behind him.
(Love. Finish your task at hand first)

"Apna kaam khud karlen ab." I said pushing away from him.
(Do your work on my own)

"Seedha harassment ka case bane ga aap pe agar me is halat me bahar gaya tu" he said making me glare at his smug expression.
(It's be a case of harassment against you is I walk out like this)

"Chichorpan karne ka khudko shauq hai aur case mujhpe karwa rahe hain." I said crossing my arms in a defensive manner.
(You're the one who likes being a creep and I'm the one being framed)

"Mauqe ke faida aap uthayen aur chichore hum kehlain" he said flushing my shivering form against his own. I kept my eyes trained on what I was doing but his fingers playing with my hair was making it a harder job.
(You take advantage of the moment and I'm the one being called a creep. )

"When did I take advantage of you?" I asked cutting the thread and resuming to do the others. This man was such a big... I don't know what but he's annoying. I like the old Einstein better.

"Your eyes have been blessed and you're taking too long to complete the work. If that's not taking advantage of my poor situation I don't know what is" he said, his fingers lifting my face up to make me look into his eyes, my face heated up and lip rolled under my teeth. I gulped hard and my eyes widened as I felt his hands stuffing themselves in my back pockets pulling me straight against himself. I hastily cut the thread having done my work here.

"Mene sui chuba deni hai" I warned but he didn't reply, instead I found him gazing at me, lost in his thoughts. A ghost of a smile lingering on his features and my heart skipped a beat.
(I will poke you)

"Buhat nafasat se mujhe vargala rahi hain aap" he whispered not letting me move. It wasn't his hands that stopped me, it was the intensity in his cloudy gaze that made me stay rooted to my spot.
(You're enticing me expertly)

"Mene kia kiya hai?" I said innocently making my eyes wide and lips pouted.  I stepped closer biting my lip as his eyes gazed at them, then coming back to rest at my eyes.
(What have I done?)

"Mere sabar ka imtehaan le rahi hain filhal tu aap begum" he whispered in my ear nibbling on its shell making me shiver internally.
(As of right now you're testing my patience, wifey)

"Sabar rakhen khan sahab. Sabar." I giggled at tht feeling of his beard tickling my neck. Warm softness caressing my skin making it warm under their touch.
(Be patient my Mr Khan. Patience)

"Zoya have you— Allah" never in my life have I jumped this bad as now hearing Baba's voice.

"Chacho" Zahan gasped straightening in his place while I pursed my lips turning red.

"This my office not your—" Baba started but stopped mid sentence.

"I'll take my leave" my good for nothing husband said escaping the scene.

"Pay more attention to your work. You might be married but please keep that fact to yourself" I heard my father say once the door clicked shut.

"Baba" I gritted walking towards my seat to sit down with my head on the desk.

"I'm not asking you to murder your romance but just keep it in the haveli's premises"

"Baba" I gasped at the man who stated the advice looking very smug.

"I'm just advising you to understand your situation. Here you both are nothing more than colleagues" He said making me nod with a red face. My heart was already racing too much and now this embarrassment too.

"Be careful next time. Lock the door atleast"

"Can you please stop" I gasped horrified at him who laughed wholeheartedly.

"I don't blame you guys it's in the bloodline" he snickered making me hide my face in my hands.

"Khudaya" I whispered.

"Get the work done" he said in a strict voice.

"Yes sir" I said meekly.

"That fuck—" I stopped taking a deep breath "I'll take my revenge soon Zahan Alam khan. Just you wait and watch"

The natural light in the office dimmed as the sun took its leave and the moon clocked in. My work was done and now I only gazed out of the floor to ceiling window in my office. The night was calm with stars twinkling like diamonds sewn on black silk.

My heels long forgotten on the spot beside my chair, sleeves rolled up and hair tied back in a high ponytail. I felt the exhaustion taking over me but I wasn't ready to go home yet.

I just didn't. I wanted to stay alone for some time. Give sometime to myself, somewhere I wouldn't see anyone of my family. Baba must've left, as well as Einstein. Maybe but even if they hadn't, no one was barging in here to take me home.

The small opening of the glass in the window let fresh air in the office. I gazed mindlessly feeling my mind sleep soundlessly untill my phone rang loudly destroying my peace.

I picked it up and put it back down immediately seeing tht unknown number. I wasn't in mood to listen to anyone.

I closed my eyes and sat in the silence letting it haunt my senses for the sake of peace. My phone rang again and I was about to chuck it across the room but I stopped seeing Merzia's caller I'd.

"Assalamualikum" I greeted while answering the call.

"Waalaikumsalam. Zoya when are coming here for the hearing?" She asked right after replying to my salam.

"Our flights in two days. The hearings by the end of the week right?" I asked massaging my temple.

"Yes. But Zoya..." She stopped before I heard a deep intake of breath.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, my mind making all sorts of assumptions as to what she would say.

"I want you to be careful. Okay. Extremely. Two members of our team have been attacked. They both are badly injured please be careful on your way here" she said making my breath hitch at the news.

"I will be. Atleast I'll try to" I said hearing her hum in response. Tht conversation was carried on with the details of the case being shared. This was it. The last straw and if I win, I win. But what if I don't.

"I'll see you in court little fox. Finally. We'll meet"

~unknown.

I read on the screen and rolled my eyes despite my heart racing violently in my chest.

"Are you going or not?" I jumped at the heavy voice that resounded in the silent room. Cupping my eyes I breathed deeply before glaring at this good for nothing mouth everest.

"I'm coming" I said taking my stuff and wearing my heels again. 

"You're so tall why do wear heels then?" He asked walking beside me.

"Why can I not wear heels while being tall?" I asked rolling my eyes at the audacity of this man.

"I'm just asking, everyone else look like a midget next to you" he remarked.

"Do you look like one?"

"I'm fairly taller than you"

"Then I see competition" I said walking out of the building with him.

"So you're competing with me? Am I right?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"You're not wrong" I said sitting in the passengers seat.

"I have to pick some stuff up for Shayla" he said stopping the car infront of a shop.

"Okay." I said as he left the vehicle. I went through my phone while he came back and started driving again.

"Zoya" he said making me look up at him.

"Yeah?"

"I got you theses" he said forwarding a paper bag.

"What's this?" I asked taking it from him and smile lit up my face.

"Aww Einstein" I gushed at the sight of delicious jalebi.

"Thank you. I was actually craving it" I grinned at him making him mirror my expression.

"Don't mention it" he said making me take one out and bite into the sugary heaven.

"Here" I said holding it upto to lips making him bite it.

"What are your plans for the weekend?" He asked making me turn towards him in curiosity while my tongue wiped the syrup off of my lips.

"Why are you taking me out?" I asked licking my fingers.

"Not at all. I was just asking." He said clicking his tongue while using his palm to turn the steering wheel and navigate through the roads of swat.

"Why so suddenly then?" I asked keeping the rest away.

"I heard you talking to someone on the phone. You're leaving again?" He asked with a evident sadness dripping from his words.

"Yeah. But it won't be long till I'll be coming back with victory on my hand" I said grinning but only I know how hard it is for me to even smile right now.

"I hope so. I'll come along" he suggested but I found myself shaking my head violently.

"No"

"Why not?"

"I just don't want to take anyone with me. Not even Baba but he's insisting."

"Even I'm insisting"

"Zahan please" I sighed making him glance at me "it really means alot to me that you asked but I don't want anyone with me in a fight that's mine"

"And you're my wife. A fight that's yours is directly mine also. What would be left of me if I'm not able to stand by you when you need me the most" he said taking my hand in his, holding his tightly. My eyes watered as I stared at his calloused hand holding mine, the support I felt in my spine just by knowing that he was there was enough for me.

"I appreciate it. I really do but Zahan please" I pleaded squeezing his hand "you're there for me I know and I feel the happiest knowing that but trust me. Please. I want to do this on my own"

"I'm always there, okay. Just be careful and keep me updated alright" he said parking in tht driveway and bringing my hand upto his lips. I smiled warmly at him whose eyes didn't seem to leave mine, not even for a single second.

"I'm scared for you" he whispered leaning his head back on the headrest while gazing into my eyes.

"Don't be, just pray for me that I win." I mirrored. 

"I hope you win" his words made me smile.

"Now that you've said it. I surely will" I cheered making us share a small hearty laugh. My eyes kept travelling down from his eyes to his lips and back up, I felt my tongue licking my lips as my heart raced within it's cage. He looked so carefree and handsome I almost said that aloud.

I bobbed my head in a gesture to call him closer. He obliged as he leaned down making my knuckles caress his cheek, his eyes fluttered close as he leaned into the touch of my palm cupping his face.

Before I could pull my thoughts together I was leaning closer to his face and soon I found his lips under mine. His breath hitched but he responded softly cupping my face in his hand.

I pulled away with our hands still holding the others face, hearts beating violently. My face flushed red and his looked stunned.

"The record has it, I'm a better kisser than you'll ever be" I said smirking at his flushed expression before he copied me and smirked.

"Wanna see me break that record love?" He whispered leaning closer and holding my nape making my eyes wide.

The car resounded with a rush of laughter as I ducked my head away, with a heart that I knew he could hear beating from miles away.

"Dil pe qaabo rakhen, uchal ke bahar ajaye ga mere haath me" he snickered planting a firm kiss on my temple.
(Keep your heart in control, i fear it'll jump out on my palm)

"Good.bye. Einstein" I gritted feeling my face warm up even more at the enticing sound of how it would feel to let my heart slip in his embrace.

"Zoya" he called once I was out of the car. I huffed and turned around to look at him. He got out of the car and stood with his arms on the roof of the car.

"I want something from you" he said making me furrow my eyebrows and nod at him continue.

"I want you to pray for me" he said making me smile at him.

"You're always there in my prayers Einstein" I said tilting my head while placing my arms on the car much like him.

"There's something I'm working for. I want you to pray for that especially" he said making me smile widely at him.

"Of course I will. I'll do it with more passion now" I said making him grin.

"Now that you've said it. I know I'll succeed" he said making me chuckle.

"I know you will. I can see it" I said patting his shoulder while we walked inside together.

"Goodnight Einstein" I grinned waving at him as we parted ways in the hallway to our rooms.

"Goodnight" he said and our day came to an end. Two days to go till I'll be back in Karachi and hopefully win this war.........

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Assalamualikum guys how are you all?

So here an update.

hope you like it.

Comment and tell me how it is.

Enjoy.

Allah Hafiz.

Love
Hafsa_tahir

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 4.8K 22
Thanks to my Aaru (@__aaaarya___) for the gorgeous cover picture. Copyright Disclaimer: I don't own any rights of pictures used if any. They belong...
49.5K 2.2K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...
30K 2.4K 45
NOTE : It's a sequel to "Lost" and cannot be read as a standalone. ● ♡ ● "Are there any stars?" She inqui...
25.2K 1.2K 12
" shut the fuck up, I dare you to touch her and it will be the death of you" yelled zahab, his amber eyes changed its color, he was known for his cal...