πŸ’žπŸ–€ Blackpink Imagines / One...

By Ya_Girl_17

Hello, my loves! 🌹 The girls are waiting... πŸ‘€ β˜†β–ͺοΈŽβ˜†β–ͺοΈŽβ˜†β–ͺοΈŽβ˜† πŸŒ… Cover By: @HONEYFLOWERbp Started: Feb 09, 2021 ... More

Jisoo β˜† Handle With Care
RosΓ© β˜† Saranghae
Jennie β˜† Safe With Me
Lisa β˜† Back To You
OT4 Reaction β˜† Their S/O Suprises Them W/ Dyed Hair
Jisoo β˜† Hidden Love & High Society
RosΓ© β˜† Conflicted Connections
Jennie β˜† Die For You
Lisa β˜† Home For The Holidays
Poly!Jenlisa β˜† Quiet Nights
Platonic!Jisoo ft. RosΓ© β˜† Don't Hate The Player, Hate The Game
RosΓ© β˜† Eyes Closed, Heart Open
Jisoo β˜† Happiest Year(s)
Lisa β˜† Youth With You
RosΓ© β˜† Too Late To Apologize?
Jennie β˜† I've Got You
RosΓ© β˜† Ghostin'
Jisoo β˜† Winner Takes All
Jennie β˜† Empress Of The Heart
Lisa β˜† Dancing In The Dark
RosΓ© β˜† Rivalries Of The High Seas
Love Triangle: RS // JN β˜† What Could've Been
Lisa β˜† Worth It
Jisoo β˜† Yours Truly
OT4 Reaction β˜† Their S/O Struggling W/ Drug Addiction
OT4 HC / One Shots β˜† College AU, Enemies to Lovers
Lisa β˜† HC / One Shot -- Raising A Kid W/ Her
RosΓ© β˜† Must've Been The Wind
Lisa β˜† Flames
πŸ’œπŸ“š New Jennie Book!
Lisa β˜† Bite
Jisoo β˜† Never Really Over
Special Message πŸ₯‚
Jennie β˜† Endlessly
RosΓ© β˜† Away With You

RosΓ© β˜† The Finer Things

4.7K 100 37
By Ya_Girl_17

🗣 Not Requested

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 4,864

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Pining, Some Self-Doubt, Fluff, Some Angst, Happy Ending

Note: Ah, here's a throwback. This was my first Blackpink story! Let me know what you think of it :)

♡ Happy reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

Part 1: Partners

"Alright class, settle in now. Today we'll be starting our new projects. You know the drill; they'll be a quarter semester long, and you'll have a partner to work with. That gives you 9 weeks to complete the assignment and be ready to present your creations. Your topic is "the finer things in life". Remember: there's no exact way to do this. Whatever that topic means, however you interpret it, just show us what you envision when you think of that. I look forward to seeing what you come up with."

Unsurprisingly, everyone is rather excited for this project. Considering this class is an elective, your classmates signed up for it knowing what they were getting themselves into. Regardless, even the stray few that enrolled for an easy A would rather do this than Calculus and Statistics.

Your eyes scan the room, and you smile upon seeing everyone light up as they discuss their game plans. Familiar eyes meet yours from across the room, and you feel a blush begin to rise to your cheeks. You mentally curse yourself at how easy it is for her to make you giddy, but you don't look away. The small smile that she gives you nearly makes you combust from the cuteness; you can't help the dorky grin that takes over your features.

Before you can fully melt under her gaze, your teacher speaks up again. You silently thank the universe for that divine intervention. "Now that you've had a minute to brainstorm, it's time for everyone's favorite part: partner time! I've chosen your partners based on your individual strengths and weaknesses as photographers; I want this to be a true learning experience for all of you. Being an artist takes constant growth, and I see this as the perfect opportunity."

Since your class is a fairly close-knit group of students, no one's upset by who their partners are. Mrs. Johnson continues rattling off the pairs, and you take a moment to look out the window. It's a beautiful day, the trees swaying gently in the breeze. The vivid red hues of their leaves are complimented perfectly by the bright blue sky behind them.

"...Y/N, you'll be working with Rosé." The second those words leave her lips, your eyes shoot to your partner's. It's an odd feeling, to put it plainly; those were the words that you were dying to hear, but also terrified of. After all, working so closely with your long-time crush would definitely prove to be nerve racking. You didn't have much time to worry, though, as Rosé sat down at the desk in front of you, turning the chair around to face you. It was clear that she loved to see what she did to you, your reactions to her words, everything. She studied you like her life depended on it, but you never noticed. Your brain was always too busy short-circuiting to take in the ways that she watched you from afar, remembering every detail, curve, and dimple of your face.

"So, how about we meet up after school today to get some ideas going?" She proposes, and you nod. "How's the park sound? I'd hate to miss such a gorgeous day." Her face lights up at your suggestion, and you smile at the sight. In her excited state, she rushes out, "That's just what I was thinking!" The two of you spend the rest of class chatting and goofing around, and go your separate ways once the bell rings. You send her one last wave, already missing her presence. To say the two of you are eager for your next meeting is a major understatement.

Part 2: The First Few Meetings

The first couple weeks are spent getting to know one another better and spending more time together – something you definitely weren't complaining about. Seeing her out of school, able to really be herself, was a magical experience. You often thanked your lucky stars that you decided to sign up for the class in the first place.

Part 3: You Go To One Of Her Practices

Attending school practices and games was never really your speed, but you made an exception for Rosé. Some family issues had gotten in the way of your meet-ups for a bit, so the two of you were a little behind schedule for the project. You weren't worried (the honor student in you knew that you'd get it done in time), but Rosé asked you to stay after school for one of her cheerleading practices. "We can work on it everytime coach gives us a break, okay?" She had said earlier that day, during class. You were almost too mesmerized by the way her lips moved while she spoke to comprehend what she had said, her accent popping out in the most adorable way possible.

The memory brought a light smile to your face, and she saw it, stealing a glance at you. You looked up at her and tilted your head to the side, letting her know she'd been caught. Her eyes widened in shock and she quickly cleared her throat, clearly not expecting that.

~~~

"Ah, ah, ah," you protested, blocking her from sitting down in the seat beside you. "Stand in front of me, I wanna take a picture." She put on a horrified face, looking down at you. "Excuse me?? Absolutely not! I look terrible. I'm all sweaty." You rolled your eyes at her, letting out a dramatic sigh. "I'm sorry to inform you, Rosé, but you're physically incapable of looking bad. My condolences." You bowed your head in mock pity, adding to the effect. "Oh shut up, you dork." She said, pushing you playfully. "Fine. One picture; you better make it a good one." You smiled your signature grin at her, and she got a little lightheaded at the beautiful sight. "1, 2, 3..."

Part 3.5: Could It Be?

"Rosé, I don't know...." You begin, a grimace crossing your face. The object of your affection had spent the past 10 minutes trying to convince you to ditch work and accompany her to the local fair that was in town for the weekend. It's not that you didn't want to go; in fact, you can't think of a place you'd rather be tonight than with her, getting away from the stress of everything life had been throwing at you. If you were honest with yourself, though, the work was just an excuse for something bigger; you knew that with each step closer you got to Rosé, you would eventually be taking two steps back. You had long ago assured yourself that she didn't share your attraction, and you had done okay in accepting that fact. By okay I mean "totally not at all, even in the slightest." You liked to pretend, though, wanting to have some semblance of control over the situation.

"Pleeeeease?" She whined into the phone, drawing the word out to torture you a little more. Surely she had to know what she was doing.

That simple question served as your command, and it became very apparent in that moment that you'd do just about anything that Rosé asked you to. You kicked yourself, a genuine feeling of nervousness rushing over you.

A sigh left your lips as you responded, "Okay, okay! But only for a little while."

Her high pitched cheering drew a laugh from you, and you shook your head at her antics. What were you getting yourself into?

~~~~~

Rosé looked stunning, as usual. Her long blonde locks fell elegantly over her shoulders, looking just as soft as always. The pink top she donned complimented her light blue jeans perfectly; if you weren't so enraptured by her, you might've gotten jealous. How can someone look so gorgeous without even trying? It's infuriating, to say the least.

"Ready?" Her cheery accent met your ears, and you felt yourself pep up at the single utterance. Dear lord, you're in deep. Pushing the thoughts from your head, you send her a simple smile and nod, pulling her in for a hug.

Freezing time had never been a thing that you thought about often, but it surely crossed your mind as you stood there with her in your arms, feeling her skin against yours. All too quickly she pulled away, already rambling excitedly about all of the rides she wanted to try out. You were still in a bit of a daze, her strawberry perfume making your head spin. Before you know it, she has a hold of your hand, dragging you towards the largest drop tower that the festival had to offer. Maybe this would be a good time to mention that you're deathly afraid of heights...

~~~~

Hair disheveled and heart palpitating, you stumbled away from the ride. It was comical really, the state you were in. Rosé must have thought so, because she couldn't contain her laughter once she looked over at you. The sound was music to your ears, and you quickly decided that you'd be willing to get back on that ride if it meant you could hear her giggle like that again.

After your laughing fit died down, you suggested getting on the ferris wheel to see all of the city lights. Everything burned a little brighter this time of year, the downtown area bustling with life and activity.

"I was just about to mention that. I like the way you think, Y/N." The combination of the look she gave you and the way your name rolled off of her tongue made you weak in the knees. Before your mind could even begin to question if she had meant something else – something deeper – you stopped yourself. It wouldn't do any good to read too far into the things she said. It was just innocent teasing, you reasoned.

You failed to notice the way Rosé had looked at you, her eyes taking in every part of you. She wanted to remember this sight; your head thrown back, eyes welling with tears of laughter. When you didn't pick up on her flirting, though, she took it as a sign to back off a bit. Surely it had been obvious, right? She told herself she'd give it one more try, by the end of the night. No matter your reaction, she would have an answer.

With that decision made, she led the way to the ferris wheel, you trailing happily behind her.

"Two?" The worker looked to be about your age, face marked with acne scars, and attitude already unpleasant. With a simple gesture of confirmation, the two of you made your way to the nearest cart. You held the small gate open, allowing Rosé in first. The metal was cool against your palm as you closed it after yourself.

A chilly breeze rolled in, and you noticed her body shiver in the seat across from you. You could tell she tried to hide it, but you were far too observant to miss that. "Here," you start, already pulling your leather jacket off of yourself and offering it to her. She shook her head furiously, saying, "No, I can't. You'll get cold up there!" Maybe it had been the slushy you had earlier, but you got a sudden surge of confidence. "Come over here, then. We'll keep each other warm." Her eyes shined with something you couldn't quite place; something mischievous, perhaps.

She quickly repositioned herself next to you, snuggling up against your side. "You're still putting this on, Rosé." You say lowly, lips grazing her temple. The way the words left your mouth, so matter-of-factly, made her bite her lip. You rarely told anyone what to do, so this role reversal was a bit unexpected. A welcome surprise, she thought, as she slipped the warm material over her shoulders.

~~~~

If someone offered you a million dollars to be anywhere else in the world right now, you would turn them down. You were sure that you had died and gone to Heaven, with how Rosé's body fit perfectly up against yours and the distant skyline looked as though it had been stolen from a postcard.

Once the cart reached the top, the ride stopped for a short while, allowing you to get a picturesque view of the surrounding area. You grabbed the camera from your bag and snapped a few pictures, not wanting to forget this moment. A quiet wow left her mouth as she leaned over you, looking like a kid on Christmas morning. Has she never seen the lights like this? The untamed beating of your heart echoed wildly at the feeling of having her so close. You prayed she wouldn't notice the tremble that ran through you as she placed her hand on your thigh, pushing herself up higher into the air for a better perspective. She must've noticed something in the distance, because soon she was pointing across the city and bouncing lightly in the seat. With some help, you located what she was so excited about: it was an inflatable cat. She had been that giddy over an inflatable animal on the porch of someone's apartment. Such a dork, you muttered. She drew in a breath, feigning disbelief. "I am not!" She started, about to defend her honor, when she turned her head. In the excitement, the two of you had pressed closer together – much closer than either of you had realized – and now you were face to face. Your eyes darted down to her lips, and you almost threw caution to the wind and closed the distance. You didn't, though, still missing the signs she was sending you. Her gaze raked across your features, and she grew bold; her hand came up to your cheek, her thumb soon brushing the soft skin. She was achingly close; you could feel the warmth radiating from her body, calling for you.

This cycle continued; both of you waiting for the other to make the first move, terrified that the other didn't feel the same. It was a wicked game of cat and mouse, and you were finally getting the courage to end it. Just as you were about to lean in, the rickety ride started back up again with a groan, and she was jostled away from you, back into the seat.

That had to be some sort of symbolism.

The rest of your night went well, soon again filled with laughter and jokes, but the two of you couldn't shake what happened. There was an air of something uncertain now, and only something significant was capable of putting an end to this cruel arrangement.

Part 4: The Realization

"Shit!" You exclaim with a huff, realizing your mistake. "Rosie, do you have any extra film for the polaroid? I lost the last pack I had." You mentally slap yourself for that one. When you don't get a response, which is quite unusual for Rosé, you take that as a sign to go look for her. The two of you had chosen to work on the project at her house this time, and it was definitely more spacious than yours. "Rosie?" You call out to her again, checking the rooms as you pass them. Sniffling sounds perk up your ears, and you follow them to their source: the bathroom. "What happened, Rose?" She just sniffles again, letting out a defeated sigh. "It's nothing, Y/N. I'm okay." You shake your head, a pained look taking over your features. Knowing that she was hurting killed you. "I don't believe you. We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, but at least let me cheer you up. Please?" You plead through the door, waiting rather impatiently for her response. Wordlessly, she gathers herself and opens it, choosing to lean against the frame and meet your concerned gaze. "It's Joon. He's being an ass." You set your jaw and quickly bite your tongue, not wanting to upset her more. Her sweater is soaked and matted with tears, large stains polka-dotting the fluffy material.

Who's Joon, you may ask? Rosé's boyfriend and star of the football team... aka your arch nemesis. The two of you typically avoided talking about him, and dating in general. As far as you were concerned, he wasn't deserving of the attention. A muffled sob pulls you from your stewing session, and you're quick to step forward and wipe away her tears. You cup her cheeks, softening at the way she leans into your embrace. It's not hard to tell that she doesn't get the love that she deserves. "You're too good for him, Rose. He's never deserved you." You say softly, tired of seeing her being mistreated. One instance of this was more than enough, and knowing that this isn't the first time that he's been the reason for her tears makes your blood boil. You pull her in, and she rests her head against your chest. If circumstances were different, you would've been terrified to have her so close; however, that's not at the forefront of your mind right now. You're determined to be there for her, even if it'll never be in the way you want. "You should be with someone who values you. You can do so much better." You whisper against her temple – just loud enough for her to hear – lips in the same position as they were that night at the fair. It comes out as a gentle confession, but you say it like the simple fact it is.

After a few more moments of holding her close, her sweet vanilla perfume in the air, she shifts in your arms. Her eyes find yours, and the moment seems as though it was plucked out of some cheesy, coming of age movie. Something within both of you clicks at that point, and you just know. Her slightly puffy features look especially adorable right now, her eyes sparkling. That always seemed like such a strange, poetic thing to you – how some people can manage to look so stunning after crying. It's as though she needed that, in some twisted way. It opened her eyes to the situation she was in, although it hurt. She knew she could get through anything, though, with you by her side. And standing there, wrapped in your warmth, she really couldn't find it in herself to even think of Joon.

Your eyes fell to her lips, and she didn't fail to notice. God, those lips. You thought, remembering all of the times you've wanted to kiss her. She somehow managed to be utterly perfect without even trying. Your heart rate sped up at the feeling of her hands working their way down to your waist, gripping your hips tightly. The atmosphere shifted, and you didn't know what to do with yourself. "Y/N..." she says lowly, almost as if she's trying to keep herself from doing something stupid. "Hmm?" You drag out, causing her to bite her lip in return. Just as the two of you lean in ever closer, the sounds of keys jangling downstairs interrupts your moment. Feeling brave, and not wanting that encounter to pass with nothing to show for it, you give her a sweet kiss on the cheek. You chuckle lightly at the whine that leaves her lips, and take a minute to gather yourself before leading the way downstairs to greet her parents.

—-

Over the next few days, neither of you mention all that's happened. You want to, but you have no idea how; your nerves would surely get the best of you. And what if she didn't feel the same? How embarrassing would that be? You wanted nothing more than to have that Hallmark, fairytale ending with her, but you knew that was unrealistic. So, you did what you do best; you continued falling for her from afar, attempting to settle into this routine.

Little did you know that she hadn't stopped thinking about it. She often found herself stroking her cheek, where your hand had been that night. If she focused hard enough, she could almost remember the smell of your tropical shampoo, too. Her feelings confused her, but she knew what she wanted. Her fear of rejection outweighed her courage, though, and she never knew how to tell you that she had fallen for you.

Part 5: An Overheard Conversation

As you made your way through the halls and towards the library, your mind wandered to a place it often frequented: Rosé. You had been so caught up in other things that you hadn't really registered that the project would be over soon. It saddened you to think about, but maybe it was for the best. Perhaps a little distance between the two of you would make it easier to ignore your feelings. Turning the corner, you collided with someone, sending their books into the floor. "I'm so sorry!" You apologize quickly, making sure they're alright, before helping them gather their things. They do the same, and continue on their way as you readjust your clothes.

At the sound of that achingly familiar voice, you freeze.

"I broke up with him, Jennie."

That's all it took for you to press yourself up against the wall, set on listening in on the conversation without getting caught. Part of you felt bad for doing that, but there was no way you were leaving now.

"Good, he never deserved you anyway." The other girl, Jennie, said, and you made a mental note to give her a high five later on.

"He took me for granted. I'm just upset it took me so long to realize it."

"Hey, don't do that. You remembered your worth and didn't let that jackass hurt you anymore. That's queen status, if you ask me." Make that a double high five.

The sounds of her locker being closed lead you to believe that the girls are about to walk away and end the conversation, but you soon stop dead in your tracks, yet again.

"There's another reason that I ended things, though, and I've been meaning to tell you about it."

"Ooh, do tell."

Rosé clears her throat, and quickly checks to make sure the coast is clear before speaking again. Thank God she didn't notice your presence.

"I've liked this person for a really long time, Jennie." She confesses, before continuing. "They're always there for me when I need them... and don't even get me started on how adorable they are."

Jennie chuckles at Rosé's words, and you can see her shake her head. "What??" Rosé asks, pushing her shoulder lightly.

"You've got it bad. I've never seen you blush like that at just the thought of someone. And that's saying something."

Rosé hides her face in her hands, embarrassed but amused. "She's just so incredible."

Your heart stops, blood running cold in your veins, and your hand shoots up to cover your mouth. Does Jennie know she likes girls? SHE LIKES GIRLS?? I mean, you had thought so after that night but she'd never admitted it before.

"She?" Jennie asks gently, not even a trace of judgement in her tone. A little surprise, sure, but nothing bad. Rosé simply takes a deep breath and nods her head, waiting for her best friend's reaction to her slip up. It's not that she thought she would be unaccepting, just that these kinds of things were a little bit of a shock to hear sometimes.

"Well, who is she? I'll have to do some snooping on your next potential love interest."

Rosé lets out a giggle, and you almost blow your cover by laughing with her.

"You won't be getting that information out of me yet, Jennie. No way." She says, taking the other girl's hand and leading her down the hallway, away from you.

Once alone again, you let out a breath you didn't know you had been holding. Could you be that girl?

Part 6: Presentation Day

As you make your way to your seat, you let out a tired yawn; you had stayed up late adding some last minute touches to your presentation. You wanted it to be a surprise for Rosé, so you hadn't told her about what you had done. Hopefully she would enjoy it.

The other groups each took turns showcasing their projects and explaining what the prompt had meant to them. Some said "money", "luxury", "time", etc. Your answer was a bit different than theirs, and you were excited to share it with everyone.

Once it was your turn to present, you made your way up to the front of the room, selecting the correct files and connecting your device with the projector. Rosé could sense that you were anxious, which wasn't new for you; school presentations had always made you nervous. Silently, she took your hand within her own and rubbed her thumb across your knuckles. None of the class was paying much attention yet, since you were still technically getting set up, and you were beyond thankful for that intimate moment with her.

A short time later, you begin.

Rosé expertly introduces the different topics you chose to cover with the prompt, explaining their meaning with sincerity. Images of old couples smiling, holding one another close, graced the screen when she brought up "growing old together" as a finer thing in life. "Not everyone gets the opportunity to do that with who they love," she said, and you noticed that her eyes went to you when she said that. Maybe you just imagined that last part, you thought to yourself. Surely so.

Other slides of animals, pets, and nature appeared as she continued her speech, followed by her suggestion that "the act of loving and preserving Earth and its creatures" is another finer thing in life.

This process continued, with you jumping in for the slides that you had chosen to take over for.

Upon hearing Rosé finish her last stretch of rehearsed dialogue, you look to your teacher, who gives you a subtle nod and smile. Rosé shoots you a confused look, but you don't answer her with words. You move a nearby chair to face the board before bringing her to it. She sits, even more confused now, but trusting you.

You swallow nervously, and lick your lips. "Over these past couple months, Rosé and I shared new experiences," with a click of the remote, images of your adventures flood the screen – your trips to the lake, forest, park, and even the beach, capture the attention of the class. Rosé was right there with them, considering she had never seen some of these pictures, let alone expected you to present them. "We tried new foods, left our comfort zone, and learned more about each other." More images popped up; some from when you went on a tour of the different restaurants around town, some from bungee jumping, cave exploring, and open water fishing.

"But as we grew closer, I realized more about myself in the process. I'm totally, utterly, and undeniably in love with you, Rosé." The next set of candid images shows a new glint in your eyes when you look at each other; this was when you had really gotten in deep. You shyly raise your eyes to hers, your stomach in knots. Tears are quickly forming in her eyes, and she's covering her mouth to quiet herself. "You make me happier than I've ever been, and life feels better with you. You are my finer thing in life." Despite all of the emotions she's feeling right now, she smiles at the dorky pictures of the two of you doing random things during your shared escapades.

Finally, you click to the last slide, revealing a series of pictures of you spelling out, "Be mine?"

This was the final straw; tears finally make their way down her face, spilling onto her soft cheeks. You nod at Mrs. Johnson the same way she had done before, and she swiftly bends down to grab something beneath her desk. When she returns, she hands you a single red rose. "OMG! A rose for Rosé, how cute!" One of your classmates yells from the back of the room, and you laugh aloud. That broke the tension, and soon all of you were giggling loudly together. "Well, whaddya say?" You ask, holding out the rose to her in offering. Wordlessly, she takes the flower and wraps her arms around your neck, connecting your lips in a long overdue kiss. The class erupts at this and she smiles against you.

"Mission accomplished." Mrs. Johnson says to herself, once everyone is settled back in their seats and chatting about what happened. "I was hoping that would work out." Confused, you decide to inquire. Reluctantly taking your eyes off of Rosé, you look to your teacher and ask, "Did you plan this from the beginning?" She gives you a curious look before scoffing, "I'm practically a matchmaker, Y/N. I saw the way the two of you looked at each other. It would've been a crime not to pair you up."

Your mouth hangs agape as you look back to Rosé, finding her donning a similar expression. "I was tricked into the plan!" You realize, laughing with her. "It was destiny, then." She says, pulling you in by your collar for yet another kiss, loving the feeling of your blushing cheeks against her own.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 13K 75
This story is a special one. 22-year old Y/N (your name) finds herself thinking often about a bigger purpose. She takes the chance when an offer by h...
100K 3.4K 12
[COMPLETED] "You're one of my best students, Y/N. And actually my favorite." - - - - Welcome to my new book. This one would be different from my exis...
78.2K 2.2K 18
There's a new student in your class and your best friend Lisa seems to know who the newbie is. You try to get to know her...but turns out she's hella...
914 100 10
Before we get started i want to say that i don't assume ANY of the the idols sexualities or anything else this is just a fanfic that I started to wri...