In the Deep (ON HOLD)

By loahoa2002

Ariel had been betrayed by her former love, cursed with the tail of a mermaid, and banished from her kingdom... More

First things first......obviously!
Prologue
Note
Chapter 1: To save a man
Chapter 2: The voice
Note
Chapter 3: The potion
Note
Chapter 4: The Prince of Rune
Chapter 5: The blue-eyed girl
Note
Chapter 6: No walk in the park
Chapter 7: Betrothed
Chapter 8: Falling again
Chapter 9: The same words
Note
Chapter 10: Mother's love
Note
Chapter 11: The awakening
Chapter 12: The beast inside
Note
Chapter 14: A breath of air
Note
Chapter 15: A certain someone
Chapter 16: Gone
Note
Chapter 17: No other way
Chapter 18: Demon
Chapter 19: Dress for the best
Note
Chapter 20: Action
Note
Chapter 21: Threat
Chapter 22: A night to remember
Note
Chapter 23: Accusations
Chapter 24: Cunning
Note
Chapter 25: A new hope
Chapter 26: Inside
Note
Chapter 27: Depths
Chapter 28: Feelings
Note

Chapter 13: The shadow

22 1 1
By loahoa2002

Ariel's POV

I lie awake in my hospital bed and stare into the darkness. The moonlight is the only thing that allows me to see where I am. Right before sleep overcomes me, I hear footsteps from outside and notice the light of a candle in the crack of the door.

Silently, I slip out of my covers and tiptoe to the door. The ground is cold underneath my feet, but I don't let myself shiver. The door creaks a little as I open it, so I have to shove myself in the tiny crack that is my ticket out.

A shadow slips past the corner to the next hallway. I tiptoe after it wondering who's there.

I stop at the corner and peer into the hallway. A hooded figure in a black cloak stands just outside the King's chambers. The figure slips something in between the door and the wall and it clicks open. It holds something behind its back. The item shines in the moonlight and I recognize it as a dagger.

I gasp. He's going to kill the King!

"Stop!" I demand boldly and the figure stops dead in its tracks. Slowly, it turns around but its hood still covers its face. "Show yourself!"

The forgive rigidly slips his hood off and I gasp. The figure smiles slyly. "Hello again, Ariel." Daniel smirks at me menacingly.

I scream.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 532 34
Ariel's never seen anything outside of her boring life. So when beautiful, mysterious, heartbreaking Callin Day needs her help to break a century-ol...
50.4K 4.7K 58
2018 Wattys winner and Belle Ame Award winner in the Fan Fiction category. Reached #1 in thelittlemermaid, backstory, and Ursula; #3 in headcanons; #...
73.5K 3.2K 36
"You're a what.?" He asked in disbelief. "I'm a mermaid. That's why I brought you here. To the place where I became one." I explained. "Avery, I don'...
243 16 12
Ariel's life isn't really easy. Even though she came from royalty, she's far from that. Join her as she goes through the trials and tribulations that...