Married To The Mafia: Book II

By the_creative_maggie

"Please, Let me go!" She pleaded, her body shaking, her voice trembling due to fear. She struggled and foug... More

D E D I C A T I O N
1 - Married To The Mafia.
2 - Three Years Earlier.
3 - Why Now?
4 - Go Apeshit.
5 - Slam-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'am.
6 - Visualstorm.
7 - Siting Ducks.
8 - Her Nemesis.
9 - Ten Feet Tall.
10 - Hide And Seek.
11 - Sticky Note.
12 - Bonkers.
13 - The Code.
14 - Piscataquis Sheriff Department.
15 - Russia.
16 - The Knight.
17 - The Reunion.
18 - Hell Hole.
19 - The Sleazy Cop.
20 - Raging. Ranting.
21 - Leonid Mathew Chernyshevsky.
22 - Staggering Law Suit.
23 - Burden To Bear.
24 - Pigs Figs.
25 - The One Who Killed Goliath.
26 - Mini me and Mini you
27 - Giant Watermelon
28 - Warm Milk.
29 - Choose My Baby.
30 - A Movie Star.
Announcement!
31 - Bucket Loads Of Money.
33 - It's A Girl.
34 - Final Chapter.
Epilogue.

32 - His Orders.

1.6K 77 12
By the_creative_maggie

Pamela saw him before he saw her.

Her first instinct was to run and hide, as she didn't want him anywhere near her; but as she turned to flee, she stopped because her fear turned into curiosity, then anger. Anger was the right emotion anyway because running was so out of it. How could she run when she weighed about 200 pounds?

She turned and walked towards him as quickly as she could carry herself and tapped him on the back. She waited for him to turn to face her before speaking. "Are you following me?"

The young man simply gave her a smile aimed at disarming her. "Hello, Miss."

"Who are you and why do I keep seeing you everywhere?" She demanded.

"Even in your dreams?" He placed a hand on his chest and sighed happily. "I won."

"Excuse me? Won what?" She inquired haughtily. She was sure as the sun shone that she'd seen his face in more than five places in the past three days. Whenever she turned his way, he always looked preoccupied or busy. At first she'd ignored him but seeing him so many times seemed suspicious and the last thing she wanted was to be anywhere near people who looked suspicious, howbeit a handsome one. That was what made him all the more dangerous. She had first hand experience.

"Relax, I was only joking."

"Have you been following me?"

"Yes. But I wouldn't call it following per say."

"Yeah, stalking fits perfectly."

"No, nothing of the sort. The moment I set eyes on you, I was drawn. You're very beautiful and I wanted to tell you this but couldn't muster the courage to."

Pamela gave him her darkest scowls and folded her arms around her middle. Beautiful? Of all the things to say to her. Beautiful was the last thing she was feeling. She was fat and out of sorts. Freckles were all over her face and her cheeks were red and puffed like she had an allergy. The creepy, handsome guy was a fool.

"Stop following me. If I see your face one more time, I'll scream bloody murder."

He laughed. That flustered her. This son of a bitch was hot.

"Why? I'd love to see you sometime soon. Can I get your number? Please?" He added when she scoffed at him.

She should go. She should turn around and flee. From experience, she knew this person was suspicious. No one walks up to a pregnant woman to flatter them.

"Can't you see I'm pregnant?"

"So?"

Definitely a creep. "I could have a husband for all you know."

"There's no ring."

"My finger got swollen due to my pregnancy so I don't wear it for now."

"Okay let's say there's an off change that you're telling the truth. Is there a possibility that you could, perhaps, leave him for me?"

Now she laughed. He grinned back. He looked friendly and disarming. But she had to remember how people had deceived her in the past. Close friends and lovers. Yes she was in a different continent, but she had to be careful and wary.

"I'm Lee Sang Pil. You can call me Pil."

She didn't take his outstretched hand. "Okay."

"Your name?"

She eyed him warily and then said, "Gertrude."

"Beautiful name. What were you buying? I can give you a hand."

"I'm fine."

"Still touchy I see. But I can't help but wonder what a white woman is doing in Tokyo all alone."

"I can't also help but wonder what a Korean is doing in Tokyo, stalking a pregnant woman, who by the way could be married. Talk about the highest level of creepiness."

He grinned at her. "You don't seem to mind my creepiness." He mimicked her voice when he said 'creepiness' "And, Japan and Korea are brother countries."

She snorted. "Yeah right. And how is it that you speak English fluently, without a trace of accent?"

"I lived with my mom in Dallas after she divorced my dad when I was ten, hence my fluent English." He eyed the grocery bag she was carrying. "Let me help with that."

"I'm fine."

"I insist."

"Look Pil, You seem like a nice person -"

"And I am."

"But I have issues trusting people."

"I totally understand. But I want you to believe me when I say I'm here to protect you," he looked straight into her eyes. "Pamela."

Pamela gasped and reeled back in shock. The bag she was carrying fell from her weak hands. Dread settled on her like a wet blanket. "Who are you? How did you know my name?"

"Relax." He moved closer and smiled at people passing who shot them one or two curious glances. Pamela wanted to scream but her tongue became suddenly heavy and her throat became dry. She swallowed hard against her parched throat.

"If you don't move away in three seconds, I'll scream. One, two, three -"

She felt a slight pressure on her collar bone and everything became blurry, then went dark.

~

The moment Pamela came to, she remembered everything that had happened. Not again! Her mind screamed. Her hand flew to her stomach and she sighed in relief when she felt the bulge and the baby's warm presence. Tears of relief smarted her eyes, although it was still tightly shut. She dreaded what awaited her the moment she opens them. But she did, and did not expect what awaited her.

She was in a large and well furnished room, which was not what she'd expected. She was on a comfortable bed and a blanket was over her. She yanked it off and stood. Her hands and legs were free. She wasn't injured or hurt in anyway. That damned guy had abducted her and brought her to a room? How unbelievable was that?

She stood with a start when a thought occurred to her. What if.. What if he'd raped her? Yes, that made more sense. Could he be some kind of pervert that pleasured in sleeping with pregnant women? Because, there was no other way she could explain it. Her heart broke at that thought, then she became angry.

She searched the room for some kind of weapon and saw a flower vase. She picked it and made her way outside the door. She met the top of a curved, wooden stair case and she went down it as silently as she could. When she was almost at the bottom, she could make out voices - male - coming from a room, which stopped when she stepped on a loose stair. She cursed silently and froze when she heard approaching footsteps. She then raised the vase, poised for attack.

As the footsteps became closer, her heart pounded in her ears but she swore not to give up without a fight. She was going to fight for her baby with every ounce of strength she had till there was none left in her. And as the person rounded the bend, she threw the vase with a shout. The perverted man gave a cry and stumbled to the floor. His skin had split open where the impact of the vase had landed. Pamela watched the man cry in pain and stood rooted in the spot, even as she heard approaching footsteps.

"Miss! What have you done?"

She looked up as Pil came into view. It wasn't Sang Pil she hit? Well, he'd kidnapped her, and that was what mattered.

"You son of a bitch! You kidnapped me! What did you do to me?"

"No, I didn't kidnap you -"

"Well explain how I got here!" She shouted.

"I was only following orders!"

She laughed snidely. "You expect me to believe that?"

"Yes, because it was his orders." He pointed at the man she'd attacked. That was when Pamela took a close look at the huge man holding his bleeding head and making painful whimpers.

It was Devlin.

~

Devlin hissed and cursed as a nurse dabbed antiseptic on his head. The young woman told him in bits and pieces of English to be patient. Although Devlin still complained, she was able to clean up the wound, stop the bleeding and wrap his head in gauze bandages. He glanced at Pamela and saw that she looked subdued, in a way. But with the way she was periodically tapping her feet, it showed she was very curious.

Devlin knew that if he'd approached her right off, she'd have been angry or defensive because the last time they'd spoken, which was after they'd signed the divorce papers, she'd told him in clear terms that she never wanted to see him again. Also, she hadn't told him about the baby and he hadn't mentioned he knew about it either.

Shortly after, she'd moved and he'd been following her about, protecting her when necessary but without showing his face. Nothing much had happened, until last night when Cody had called for the first time in months, because Devlin had told him to avoid contact except when absolutely necessary.

Devlin had stood from the uncomfortable motel bed and had walked to the toilet the moment he answered the call.

"What happened?"

"How's Tokyo?"

"Go straight to the fucking point." Devlin hadn't understood why Pamela chosen Asia but he'd gone with her anyway. Even if she moved to Pluto, he'd follow her. There was no way he could let her out of his sight, especially not with his kid on the way.

"Fenner got out of jail last night."

"Who is Fenner?" Pamela asked.

"Julius Fenner, 60 years old, was a business partner of your dad. He went to jail when -"

"I don't ask you." Pamela interrupted Sang Pil who had answered her question. He grinned at her. She looked at Devlin, who looked like he had an egg etched to his skull.

"I told you never to contact me again and you're saying the reason you did was because some Fenner got out of jail. Who is this Fencer? And before you reply, couldn't you have called, or better still knocked on my door like a sane human? Did you have to go through all that? And why send him?" She sent Sang Pil a cold look. Not that she hated him, quite the opposite. She was only pissed he'd disarmed her so quickly, first with his smile and charming attitude.

"I'm quote the charmer, aren't I ?"

"Please leave us, Pil." Devlin said.

He nodded, winked at Pamela and left.

"Remember Fatimah? She's his daughter. He shot her that day we went to find Bull. It's been a while so I'm not sure you remember. She was a friend of Peter's. Remember the day I "died"?"

Pamela's breathing became hitched. "Yes I remember. But what has that got to do with me?"

"Remember I told you that touching the trust was risky. Well, remember his claim that Rob stole that trust? He's probably back to finish what he started. He is dangerous and he's out for blood. That's why I had to come for you Pamela. That was why I gave that order."

"Why? I left you so why do you still care? For all I know we don't love each other anymore."

He looked straight into her eyes. "Well I still do. Because I never stopped."

~

Update: I mentioned a Korean in this chapter because I love them soo much! I am a huge K-Drama and K-pop fan :D I'm just putting this here in case it might have been, in any way offensive since I'm not from around there and I might not know how their culture and values work. :)

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts and share. Thank you and have a lovely day/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 57.8K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
156K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
87.9K 2.6K 55
What if your family expects you to get an heir for the family's empire and you make the wrong choices when it comes to women? You abduct a child, rig...
1M 21.2K 31
BOOK I of the "Kings and Queens" series Suited for an audience 18 and older. Read at your own discretion. *** "Don't think for a second I don't hate...