Let me love you

Bởi M_scorpioxx

My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she... Xem Thêm

Welcome aboard
Love with strings detached out now!
Characters Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
New updates on upcoming romance
Synopsis of new romance
Love with strings detached upload!
Sneak peek: Drama

Chapter 39

1.4K 45 9
Bởi M_scorpioxx

We've been sitting on this bus for two hours now and I'm starting to feel impatient. It's 4:30 pm and the sun will be setting in about 10 minutes, apparently, that fact plays an important role in where we're going. Chloe didn't give me any other hints as to where we're heading apart from that. 

We don't talk a lot on this ride, we just share a pair of headphones and listen to music as I watch out the window and Chloe reads a book, she brought with her. The silence between us is not awkward but peaceful, thankfully or else this ride would be a hell of a lot more painful.

"We're here, " she says, excitedly shutting her book and pushing it into her bag.

"Finally!" I say, pausing the music and taking the earpiece off before putting them away and getting off the bus.

It's cold outside and the wind seems to be stronger today, it's a good thing me and Chloe are wrapped up in our puffer jackets, gloves and masks. I stretch my back and legs to wake up my body after sitting down for so long, my ass is numb.

"Are we here?"

I look around seeing brick wall buildings and small restaurants and not that many people walking around, but nothing is really standing out. I'm wondering why would she bring me to the middle of nowhere for my 20th birthday.

"Oh, no we're not exactly there yet, don't worry, I did swear that your birthday will be special, and I intend to keep that promise, " she says, turning to look at me and just by the way her eyes shine, I'll say she's smiling at me under her mask. 

At least that's what I like to think.

"Then where do we head off next?" I ask, shoving my hands in the pockets of my jacket.

"This way, " she signals with her hand and head to the right.

We walk side by side for a few more minutes, our boots hit the stone pavement hard, and the wind tussles our hair in different directions. Chloe keeps brushing her hair down and bringing them forward only for the wind to sweep the back.

There are a lot of pigeons here and I can see that Chloe is really happy about that, her eyes haven't left them since she spotted them. She halts and raises her camera, snapping a couple of pictures of them before continuing to walk down the path to wherever she planned for us. 

"Okay so, I was supposed to tie a scarf around your eyes again to keep you from seeing it but I forgot to bring one so promise to keep your eyes close and I'll just try my best to help with that, " she stops me from going around the corner of this tall building, seemingly because the place she wanted to bring me is there.

"Okay, " I say.

Closing my eyes, I can feel her leaving my side and coming behind me and soon enough I feel a pair of hands coming over my eyes. Judging by the sounds that Chloe makes is not easy for her to keep her hands over my eyes for a long time. I am much taller than her, so I think she's trying to step on her tiptoes for this.

I chuckle and shake my head at this girl.

"Do you not trust me to keep my eyes closed?" I ask.

"Not really, that's why I'm going through the trouble of walking on my tiptoes, trying to keep my hands over your eyes, " she says as we keep walking almost running into the wall. 

After a few more steps a different sound reaches my ears. It's like water splashing softly against something.

There's no way!

"Okay, we're here you can open your eyes now!" She says, removing her hands off me.

I open my eyes, slowly blinking a few more times trying to realise if what I'm seeing is real. My lips part as I watch the water washing up against the sand. The sun setting at the horizon creates this amazing glare on the water.

"Wow, " I murmur as I hear the click of a camera go off.

"I told you one day I'll bring you to the beach, come on let's go closer, " she says, grabbing my hand softly and pulling me towards the beach.

"It's amazing! Thank you, Chloe, " I say, squeezing her hand.

"There's no need to thank me, think of it as a part of your birthday gift from me, " she says as we walk alongside the waterfront on the sand.

It's just the two of us here so there's no noise or children screaming and running around, everything is so amicable.

"A part of my gift? What's the other part?" I ask, watching the sun disappear ever so slowly behind the rocks in the distance.

"Do you want me to give it to you now?" She asks.

"Hell yeah, I want to know what it is!" I say, staying still on my spot.

"Okay, I guess I did make you wait more than two hours already, " she laughs softly, bringing a small box out of her shoulder bag.

"Here, " she places the box in my hands.

I open it only to find a silver thick band ring that has my year of birth engraved on it.

"Wow, it's really nice Chloe, you didn't need to buy me anything you know that. Just your presence is enough of a present for me, " I say picking the ring out of the box, I remove my gloves and shove them in my pocket.

"I know, but I did it because I wanted to. I've noticed how you wear rings constantly, so I thought I'll give you another one, " she says, grabbing the empty box and putting it back in her bag before picking the ring from my fingers.

She grabs my hand and slides the ring on my index finger surprisingly it fits really well.

"Thank you, " I say, pushing down my mask so she can see my smile, as I clasp her hand feeling her warmth before letting it go.

"You're welcome, " she says pushing her mask down as well so I can see her radiant beauty.

Our hands brush up against each other as we continue strolling down alongside the endless sea. The light dimming by the minute. I hate how the sun leaves the day so early, I wish it could stay for a little while longer. 

Suddenly, Chloe rushes towards the not-so-thick short brick wall that works as a barrier between the pavement and the sea, balancing on top of it.

"Careful, " I say, rushing to her side ready to catch her in case she goes to fall.

Her giggles are the only response I get, as she continues walking on the rail. Then she does something I haven't heard her do before and that's sing. She starts singing softly, her voice is so soothing. 

I don't pay that much attention to the lyrics as I'm too focused on her voice and small smile. I only manage to catch the last line.

"And I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old."

She stops singing and turns towards me, looking at me with that soft smile and that unknown look in her eyes. 

She takes my breath away with every little thing she does. I can't tear my eyes away from her, even in the dark, my gaze never fails to find her.

I extend my hand towards her, wrapping one around her waist while she wraps hers around my neck as I lift her off the rail. I don't put her down though I keep her in my arms bringing my other hand on her cheek grasping it softly, running soothing circles with my thump.

I leave a shaking breath escape my slightly parted lips as she gasps at the closeness of our faces. 

We subconsciously lean into each other, letting my lips graze hers.

What am I doing? I'm about to cross a dangerous boundary here that could change everything, for better or worse.

Fuck it!

I grab her bottom lip in between mine as I harshly press my lips on hers. Her lips are so soft and fit perfectly between mine. Our breathing quickly becomes erratic as we continue kissing. Her hands grip my hair as the hand I had on her cheek moves to grasp her jaw.

I let our lips dance together pushing every emotion I had felt for her onto it. The small moaning noises at the back of her throat made my heart flutter.

I slowly let her down on her feet but never once detached my lips from hers. Her tongue brushes on my bottom lip and I let her take the lead on this dance for once. Once I can't go any longer without air, I pull away, softly biting her bottom lip and dragging it towards me before letting it go.

We both stare at each other, panting trying to catch our breaths.

"Happy birthday Ian, " she says, running her fingers through my hair.

I smile at her and lean down placing a kiss on her nose.

This could end up badly, but I don't regret it one bit.

A/N

Well, that happened! Finally, they kissed but how is that going to affect their friendship? 👀💋

Will someone be having second thoughts? Or will this be the start of something beautiful?

What do you think Ian is going to do or say?

What do you think Chloe is thinking after this?

And, what will happen with Jacob? 🤔

Stay tuned for the next chapters to find out what's going to happen between the two!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, next ones come tomorrow and on Monday as always!

Feel free to comment & vote, it helps me a lot seeing your support ❤️

Hope you have a lovely day/night! Xx

All the love - M ❤️

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

306K 8.5K 50
"That was weird, but I can't stop my heart beating ten times faster than it should be. Laying down on the bed I face away from the bathroom door not...
1.4K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...
8.4K 931 25
Remember when I said earlier I was glad there hadn't been a spark between us when we shook hands? Well, it must have just been on a temporary loo bre...
398K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...