The Hero and Villain Hunter:...

By TheHatOfTheHats

WARNING! Stop. Just... Just stop. Please for the love of god, whatever you do, DO NOT CLICK ON THIS FIC. I fi... More

Chapter one: Quirkless
Chapter two: Regret
Chapter three: Training
Chapter five: Exam
Chapter six: Rags
Chapter seven: Securance
Chapter eight: Aptitude
Chapter nine: Battle
Chapter ten: Dominance
Chapter eleven: Forebodance
Chapter twelve: Stalemate
Chapter thirteen: Ambush
Chapter fourteen: Survive
Chapter fifteen: Humbling
Chapter sixteen: Friends
Authors note (Updated! (Will be deleted later))

Chapter four: Reality

11.9K 188 148
By TheHatOfTheHats

Midoriya was on his way home from school still reminiscing from earlier today when he completely countered Bakugo. It felt so satisfying, but he knew that against stronger villains it would be dangerous without combat experience, which he still lacked. It was 10 months until the U.A. entrance exams and he thought that he would try to fix that. After getting home he went up to his room after once again ignoring his parents.

"Well if I'm going to be fighting thugs and other criminals I'll need some kind of a disguise. Wouldn't want to be recognized as a threat by both villains and heroes alike since what I'm planning to do might be considered illegal..." He thought.

He spent the rest of the day trying to come up with potential costumes for both U.A. if and when he got in and some for any unauthorized so called vigilante work. Eventually he came up with concepts for both that he liked.

His hero costume consisted of a skin-tight jumpsuit with dark and light green slashes and swirls covering it. On top he wore a piece of battle armor with black sturdy shoulder straps, appearing as if made of steel, but no shoulder guards. The piece of armor itself only covered his chest with Electric Violet and swirls of Picote Blue, while the center bottom of the piece was black just as the straps were.. His gloves and combat boots were durable and coated with black.

His vigilante costume, while similar to his hero costume, differed. Instead of a jumpsuit, covering his whole body, he opted for a dark green and black garb, reminiscent of a martial artist or ninja of sorts, covering only his chest and going down to slightly below his waist. He wore comfortable but durable cloth pants underneath, both to be mixed with some metal alloy to prevent tears. He wore fingerless black gloves and sturdy black boots, similar to his hero costume but different enough as to avoid comparison, both laced with dark blue streaks. Finally he wore a black hood and black face mask, styled to fit the rest of his outfit.

Although he didn't have the means nor the time to make any of these costumes, for now he just decided to wear a green hoodie and a white T-shirt, both a size up in order to hide his muscles, with a black face mask and some black gloves along with black sweatpants and some boots suitable for extreme activities. On the way home he had also picked up a few pairs of eye color changing contact lenses to make his eyes purple instead of green. He decided to leave at around 8pm and when he was at the door, partially dressed just in case his attire would get back to his family, his father approached him.

"Izuku? Where are you going at this hour?" Toshinori asked worriedly as his mother peaked in from the kitchen with a worried look.

"Why the hell do you care?" He asked with a cold tone.

"It's because we are worried about you Izuku. You've been acting differently recently. If you're going through something then tell us! We can help you." Inko added as she walked over to her son.

"You haven't cared for me all of my life. These recent years are just you trying to ease your feeling of guilt. Just stay out of my way." Izuku replied as we walked out the door, calmly closing it behind him.

"Izuku..." Inko muttered as her eyes teared up.

"Don't worry Inko, I'll try to talk with him when he gets back." Toshinori added, stroking Inkos arm, trying to comfort her.

~time skip~

It's been a few hours since Yagi started patrolling around town. With his new training and increased agility and strength he could easily traverse the rooftops and narrow alleyways of Mustafa with tremendous speeds. To any average person, it would look like he had some sort of agility quirk. After a while of not finding anything on a fairly peaceful night, he decided to start heading back home when he heard a blood curdling scream cut off as if someone covered the mouth of the one who screamed.

He headed over to the where he thought the scream originated from which happened to be a nearby alleyway, trying not to make any noise as he observed from a far. What he saw not only surprised him but also horrified him and made him nearly explode with rage. What he saw was the pro hero, Death Arms, senselessly beating a man on the ground as he tried to resist to no end.

"Please... I was o- *cough cough* only... hungry..." The man blurted out as he was being punched.

"So what? You broke the law and that makes you a criminal doesn't it?" Death arms smugly replied to the man's pleas.

"Please... stop... " He begged with a shaky breath.

"Shut up! I'll get more praise out of it if it looks like you put up a fight!" He said while laughing.

Izuku was furious. He silently jumped down, walking up behind Death Amrs, slowly and quietly. The man Death Arms was beating noticed Izuku, as hope manifested on his face. Death Arms noticed this and began toying with him.

"What's that face you're making? You finally see the light!? HAHAHA- OUGH!" Death Amrs cackled as he was cut off by a powerful kick to the side of the head, sending him flying a few meters, into a nearby wall. Izuku, seeing that Death Arms was stunned, took the opportunity to run up to the man to see if he was okay.

"Sir are you alright?" Izuku asked in a whisper, not wanting Death Arms to hear his voice.

"Yes... I'm a little beaten... And a broken arm... But I'll be fine... Thank you... Thank you so much!" The man stated as he slowly stood up and began to limp back to the open street, trying to escape Death Arms. Just as the man left the alleyway, Death Arms stood back up with his head bleeding along with a very angry facial expression.

"HEY! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE YOU BRAT?" Death Arms shouted as he started charging Izuku in a rage.

Izuku just smirked and stood still, leaving himself open basically everywhere.

"HA! YOU'RE FULL OF OPENINGS KID! YOU'LL REGRET TRYING TO PICK A FIGHT WITH A HERO! I'LL TAKE CARE OF YOU HERE AND NOW!" Death Arms shouted as he reeled back and delivered a powerful punch to the left side of Izuku's face.

Izuku was struck by the devastating blow but instead of succumbing to the force, he used the momentum of the strike to quickly counter Death Arm's punch with one of his own right in the face as a green stream followed Izuku's hands and feet, knocking Death Arms's face back. Blood spewed out of Death Arm's mouth and nose as Izuku reeled his arms back into a fighting stance with a green aura or stream surrounding his limbs and following his movements.

He then began mercilessly pummeling Death Arms with a precise and quick succession of jabs aimed at his joints and vital points in his chest, as the same green stream continued to follow his hand movements with each attack. Izuku then pulled his hand back and performed a final punch aimed at Death Arm's face. When it connected, the kinetic force was so powerful he slammed Death Arms into a wall as a crater the size of the pro hero formed with cracks shooting out in all directions.

Death Arms fell to the floor barely able to stand up as Izuku towered over him. What was this feeling...? He's never felt this before when fighting a villain. Was this fear? Or regret taking things too far with that bread thief? He looked up and there was only one word for what he saw... Death... He then passed out from the pain and laid beside the crater that had formed.

Although Izuku had a mask on if one were to look at him one would be able to tell... He was smiling. Smiling that he had defeated a pro hero so easily. He was exhilarated with adrenaline pumping through his veins. After calming down, he made his escape, not being foolish enough to leave a calling card behind or letting someone spot him, jumping up to the roof tops and heading home. Not wanting to face his parents, preferring to avoid a confrontation all together, he climbed to his window and slid into his room quietly, taking off his clothes and heading to sleep after what he considered a job well done.

Izuku woke up the next morning and he reminisced to the previous night and began to think. He just realized that a hero of all people, was senseless beating a petty criminal, who only stole some food, just for the fact it would earn him more popularity, It pissed him off. Heroes shouldn't act like that, he thought.

He made a promise to himself that whenever he would be on patrol, not only would he be on the lookout for villains but he would also be on the lookout for any corrupt heros and teach them a lesson. Hearing the thug speak last night also opened his eyes that not all villains are pure evil and that they might have been forced into that predicament because of financial troubles or other reasons and would be more lenient depending on the crime committed.

He dragged himself out of bed, putting on a baggy long sleeve T-shirt with some sweatpants and made his way downstairs. What he saw next made him smirk on the inside. His family were sitting on the couch while watching the news with looks of concern.

"BREAKING NEWS! THE PRO HERO "DEATH ARMS'' WAS FOUND UNCONSCIOUS THIS MORNING AND BADLY INJURED IN AN ALLEYWAY IN DOWNTOWN MUSUTAFU! AFTER BEING TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL, HE HAS BEEN DEEMED IN CRITICAL CONDITION WITH MANY BROKEN RIBS ALONG WITH A BROKEN ARM AND A LEG. IT HAS ALSO BEEN REVEALED THAT SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO HIS LUNGS AND HEART HAS BEEN FOUND! THANKFULLY THE DOCTORS HAVE DEEMED THAT DEATH ARMS WILL SURVIVE BUT WILL HE MAKE A FULL RECOVERY? MORE AS SOON AS NEW INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED!" The news anchor spouted, as images of the battle area, showing a few craters, cracks and some blood stains, followed by the news channel changing topics.

When the news finished, the 3 noticed Izuku and Inko immediately spoke up.

"Izuku, did you hear that? I'm sorry but I can't have you going off on your own anymore. It's too dangerous." Inko said, visibly worried.

"I agree with your mother Izuku. From now on whenever you go into town I want you to be at Izumi's side at all times." Toshinori added.

"Don't worry brother! I can protect you!" She said cheerfully but with a hint of nervousness evident in her voice.

"It looks like you've already forgotten what I did to Bakugo the other day..." He muttered as he walked off.

His parents were confused as to what he meant but Izumi froze. She had completely forgotten how easily Izuku had defeated Bakugo.

"Izumi? What is he talking about?" Inko asked with concern.

'Uhh... Well... Yesterday when we were leaving school... Bakugo tried to grab Izuku because he talked back to him during class but... Izuku reacted quickly... Bakugo was on the ground in a flash. Izuku threw him with so much force that the pavement where Bakugo landed had cracked... It was... I don't know how to describe it..." She said, shaking slightly.

The two just looked at eachother, then at Izumi and then at Izuku as he left their view. How could such a frail boy do something that would shake up their daughter so much?

~time skip~

One week before the U.A. entrance exam.

"Good morning Principal Nezu, I'm sorry for disturbing you as you are probably very busy." All Might said, laughing nervously as we spoke.

"It is quite all right, All Might. What can I do for you today." Nezu asked, with a cheerful tone of voice.

"I just wanted to ask since the entrance exams are less than a week away... Did a boy named Izuku Yagi apply for U.A. by chance?" All might asked, this time with concern.

"Let me see... Yagi, Yagi, Yagi.... Ah here we are... Izumi and Izuku Yagi. I assume these are both your kids? Yes both of them have applied."

"Listen, Nezu... Could you please withdraw Izuku's application? I'm worried for him and he isn't listening to reason." All Might pleaded with the principal, hoping he would agree.

"Absolutely not. Although I understand your concerns, I will not deny a child his dreams and ambitions on a whim. What is it that makes you so worried if you don't mind me asking?" Nezu questioned with a more stern but still cheerful tone.

"You already know the secret of One for All so I believe it's alright to tell you... As you know, I have chosen Izumi as my successor and once again I am coming to teach at U.A. to nurture her growth into the next symbol of peace but... Izuku is... Quirkless... Not only that but the boy is weak and frail. As far as I know he hasn't done any training or preparations of any kind." All Might said, with visible frustration in his voice.

"So it seems. Although that is no reason to deny him at the very least, the chance to prove himself. As you will be a teacher, you are more than welcome to come and watch the exams. That is final, All Might." Nezu said sternly, slightly angry at the hypocrisy that All Might was also quickless. "Don't forget Toshinori Yagi that you were once quirkles as well." Nexu added, to which All Might froze.

"Now if that is all I must be going. Have a good day All Might and I look forward to seeing BOTH of your students attending my school." Nezu finished as he hung up, leaving a frozen All Might standing before his wife and daughter. He turned to them and they knew just by his face that he couldn't convince the principal. Seeing this, Inko immediately turned to Izumi.

"Izumi, listen to me! You need to make sure Izuku won't get hurt during the exam! No matter what! Do you understand me!?" Inko said, getting more emotional as she continued.

"I will mom... I promise..." Izumi said quietly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So I've gotten stronger... There's no way those arrogant bastards can stop me from pursuing my dream now. I will make it into U.A. and I will become a true hero!" Izuku said to himself, while standing over a few unconscious villains with some pro heroes also knocked out nearby in a dark alleyway somewhere in Musufatu. "I WILL PROVE THEM WRONG!"

Izuku had been going on patrol's whenever he could after dark, defeating corrupted pro heroes and villains alike, at least those villains who didn't deserve his mercy. He had gained a lot of experience and was much stronger than he was 10 months ago and he would only continue to increase his power.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600K 20.7K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
8.8K 456 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
30.8K 733 73
What if when Izuku was a kid something huge happened. Something that seemed to pass by quickly to others but to him it stretched out for years and ye...
18.4K 613 24
IDK how to do descriptions. Its basically Izuku going around and doing whatever the hell he wants because he can. No art is mine credit to whoevers...