Pitiful I Know

By DarknessAndLight

Edited version of "I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know" More

What is this?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 Part 1

Chapter 17

7.8K 423 196
By DarknessAndLight

The twins howled at that like two morons. And then they ran towards the little trail between the trees to get to the Creek.

I looked over at Alex, both of our eyes going all we're so racing this and then next thing I knew I slid out of my shoes and ran towards the trail like a maniac.

Alex, who had been a little farther away than me, easily caught up and now, we were racing side by side, pushing each other towards the trees, slapping branches in our faces, and trying to make the other trip with our feet.

I could hear other people running behind us, but I didn't care. What I did care about was getting to the deck before Alex.

And then we reached the end of the trail and I could see Trevor and Cameron jumping in the water with all their clothes on.

I had been smart enough to put my bikini under mine, so as I ran toward the deck, I took my shirt off and then pushed Alex again in the trees as hard as I could, and skipped to get out of my jeans.

I ran on the wooden deck, and without knowing if the water was warm or freezing I dove into the Creek.

The second my skin touched the water, I wanted to gasp.

It was absolutely freezing. I knew I would get use to it, still the shock was there.

But I ignored the cold and stayed under water, swimming away from the deck, trying to hold my breath as long as I could. And then I pushed myself up with my legs, only now aware that I was deeper than I had thought and when my head finally emerge from the water, I took a big breath.

I pushed my hair away from my face and looked around, seeing the twins trying to push each other under water, and then I saw Alex's head coming out.

"I WON," I yelled, swimming towards him, splashing water in his face.

Alex laughed and splashed water back at me.

I let myself sink deep into the water, trying to reach the bottom, kicking the water with my legs and arm, but it was too deep so I glided back up.

I got spattered by water the second my head reached out, from Davis canon ball into the Creek.

Catherine was screaming in Mark's arm as he walked to the end of the deck holding her up to the water. And then he jumped with her.

Seconds later, Peter and Justin race on the deck and both dove in the water, followed by Jimmy.

Blake ran on the deck and front-flipped into the water, every guy cheering for him.

Show off...

Connor dove after him and after that Dwayne walked up, like Mark, with a screaming Janna in his arm.

"I swear Dwayne, if you drop me in the water I'm going to strangle you! I do not want my hair to get wet! My hair cannot get wet. Put me down!" she was yelling.

Dwayne made puppy eyes, but listened to her and set her on her feet on the deck.

"There's a thin line between being compassionate and being whipped Dwayne," Blake yelled to him in the water.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU EATON," Dwayne screamed back and then jumped, but unfortunately he was a bit of a bad swimmer and Blake was already racing away from him.

"Someone get the middle line backer out of the water before we have to replace him," Connor yelled.

"I'M FINE," Dwayne screamed back, kind of trotting in the water, his head sinking now and then.

I started to laugh at the scene but then something caught my ankle and sank me deep into the water, so fast, I barely had the time to take a good breath.

My arms were struggling to get back to the surface, but whatever or more precisely whoever was pulling my ankle, wasn't letting go. I opened my eyes, and when the bubbles cleared out a bit I could see Blake swimming deeper.

What the frack? Was he trying to kill me or something?

I kept giving kicks, trying to release my leg, but Blake's hold just got stronger, and now, he was grabbing my hand too and pushing me deeper.

Enough. Time to wipe that smug look off his face.

I knew I still had a about a minute of air supply, I could hold my breath forever, so then I stopped struggling completely, let out a few bubbles and stopped moving.

It took Blake about five seconds to realize what was happening, start to kind of freak out and then swim back up faster than I could have thought possible, towing me in the process.

Ha ha ha! Take that, you bastard!

"LEXI!" was the first thing I heard when my head was out of the water.

Blake was holding my head out, holding my body like it was going to sink and when I opened my eyes he honestly looked frightened.

I simply couldn't resist, so I started to laugh. That seemed to surprise him because he kinda lost his grip on me and I sank a little, swallowing water in the process.

Everyone had swum towards us at this point, alarmed by Blake's scream and my coughing water seemed to alert them even more, but I ignore everyone's screams.

"Oh my god! You should see your face," I coughed, still laughing.

"OH MY GOD LEXI! Are you alright?" Alex yelled swimming towards me. "What the hell did you do?" he added, to Blake.

"I was just joking! How was I supposed to know she'd drown!" Blake yelled, still holding me in his arms, keeping my head out of the water.

"What's wrong with you?" Alex yelled back.

"God, you morons! I was just joking. I am fine, thank you," I said, pushed Blake away and then swam towards the deck.

Why were they arguing together over a joke that I made. Alex really didn't need to take this personally.

Overprotective boy.

I wanted to get out of the water, but I heard two high pitch voices coming from the trail.

"Oh my gawd! Is this some kind of swamp or something?" Stacey was saying.

"And what kind of deck is that? No sun chairs? This is ridiculous," Miriam added.

We were in the middle of nowhere? What were they expecting? People weren't making sense today. 

"Come on girls show us your bikinis," I heard Clark say.

And once again, Clark Anderson doing nothing good for his gender. 

I looked back at everyone and for a second it seemed we were all on the same page.

"First to reach the other side!" Davis yelled and the next second we were all racing away.

"Hey guys wait up!" Shawn yelled but no one turned their back.

Janna had even gotten in the water, her hair tied into a tight bun on top of her head, and was swimming beside Dwayne, laughing at him actually, but it was kinda cute.

I didn't wait any second and started to front crawl as far away from the deck as I could.

I concentrated on the movement of my arms and legs only, taking a breath every time my head got out of the water, and then I dove under and pushed myself faster. I loved the feeling you'd get when you swam under water, almost like you were flying. The sense of peace and quiet you felt when you were completely surrounded by it, like time had stop.

My lungs were almost empty of air so I slid back to the surface, and kept swimming but I heard someone call my name so I stopped.

"Lexi," Blake yelled again, and then he was beside me. "I really didn't mean to drown you or anything, I'm sorry."

I frowned for a few seconds. Alright. That was... weird. Blake, actually apologizing?

"Well you really hurt my feelings alright," I said in an on-the-edge-of-crying tone, one I had so much practice with, you know to put the fault on Ty when we knock decorations in the house while fighting. And of course I added the little quivering of the lips, like a little three year old getting their lollipop stolen.

Blake eyes widened, in fright I think.

Ha ha ha!

"I'm really sorry," he pleaded.

"Ha ha! SUCKER," I yelled and then pushed the top of his head under water and swam away as fast as I could, laughing.

Blake didn't lose one second and raced after me. I tried to go faster, but he was pretty fast. He caught my ankle again and pulled me back, not underwater though, so I kicked the water with my other leg, splashing his face.

"You dim-wit, didn't you learn your lesson," I yelled at him, laughing at the same time, and kicked water again.

"Yeah, well I won't fall for your fake drowning stunt again! Or your poor acting skills!"

"Poor? Please! You sooo believed it," I answered, pushed his head again and swam away.

A few minutes later, we had all reached the other side of the Dump Creek, where there was a rocky hill, the kind you could climb on top and jump down from, into the water. The only problem with this one was that it wasn't deep enough right beside it, and if you jumped from it, you'd hurt yourself real bad. The guys had found a solution to that problem, a super high tree that had sort of a curve that reached further away from the rocky bank.

"Do you need help grandpa?" Justin suddenly yelled and I looked back and saw Dwayne taking his sweet time to get to us.

"When you'll be able to do your job and stop one wide receiver, I'll allow you to judge my swimming," Dwayne yelled back, but he kind of gulped some water while yelling. 

All the guys laughed at that.

Yeah, it was a known fact that Justin wasn't the best corner back there was.

Suddenly, I looked around me, thinking that Blake was going to do something, had to do something to get back at me, but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Hey, so you're not coughing water anymore?" Connor asked, coming beside me.

"I was just trying to get that son of a bitch to stop, I wasn't actually drowning," I answered him, rolling my eyes.

"Well, you scared me!" Alex said, swimming towards me too.

"Ooooh, I'm sorry papa bear," I crooned, and then rolled my eyes again.

"DUDE! YOU'RE AN IDIOT," Cameron yelled, and when we all looked back, Blake was climbing in the high tree, but he was like really really high, like stupiditly high!

"Man! When you fall and break your neck, do I get your car?" Trevor yelled beside his brother.

"I want your spot on the team," Peter yelled.

"You're going to have to run a whole lot faster to get my spot Petey-boy," Blake shouted back at him and then his hands reached for a branch over his head, and he pulled himself higher.

What the hell was he thinking? That stupid jackass.

"I want your beer!" Cameron yelled.

Bunch of morons...

"You idiot! Are you trying to kill yourself?" I screamed at him.

Someone had to say the right thing.

He was going to hurt himself. That tree was high! And that Creek had a rocky bottom.

Why wasn't Mark saying something? Usually he was the reasonable one!

I looked around, but understood immediately. He wasn't paying attention to us, he was holding Catherine in his arm.

"YES! Goodbye cruel world! I have no reason to live!" Blake said in a fake dramatic voice and then he jumped.

The guys all cheered.

I gasped.

Blake's feet touched the water first and all his body followed.

We all waited for his head to peek out of the creek but we just kept waiting and there was no Blake.

Ten seconds, twenty seconds, thirty seconds, still no Blake.

"I think I'm getting a lot of beer tonight..." Cameron whispered and then we all started to freak out.

____________

AN: Hello lovely readers! Thank you for coming back once again to this edition of Kay tries to correct her story, but still most definitely misses a lot of errors. 

The Creeeeek. I hope you guys are having fun re-reading these chapters. 

As always, I'll be doing the live reading this Sunday, February 7th, at 11AM EST on my instagram at instagram.com/kaygiard. I'll be back at the rich bitch condo, and our lovely Eve will happily remind me that I am a rambling moron. XD

If you have any specific questions you want me to answer, leave them here. 

Otherwise, see you on Sunday! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

884K 47.8K 11
The Shy Boy and the Girl in the Green Dress A 'I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls... Pitiful I Know' alternate universe story. What would have hap...
1K 68 27
"The poor girl." "Her family doesnt love her" "She should just kill herself" All these things were said about Kim Y/N who sold her soul to the devil...
150 15 21
"Lost Opportunity" by JasicoWhatHaveYouDoneToMe Jd been keeping this secret for too long... Bruce, clay and floyd now knows, and are very angry at hi...
51.1K 833 30
"I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ'ᴅ ғᴀʟʟ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀɴ," "I ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ...