New Avenger (A Steve Rogers l...

By ChicKestrel17

Alexx Summers is an assassin on a mission. But when the Avengers compromise her mission and take the infamous... More

Assassin's Last Mission
Aboard the Helicarrier
Where Am I?
Hanging Out With Captain America
Sam Wilson
First Mission With Captain America
SHIELD Headquarters
The Smithsonian
Peggy Carter
Hello Again Sam
What Is Going On?
Alexander Pierce
Fugitives From SHIELD
Falcon
Car Troubles
Caught
He's Alive?
Paying A Price
Engaging
Bringing Down the Last Helicarrier
SHIELD Is Gone
Restless
Time With Steve
Meeting the Avengers
Remembering My Past
What's Happening to Me?
Wings
We Need to Talk
Bucky Still Isn't Found
Steve Learns the Truth
Breakfast and Surprises
Now They Know
Trespasser
What Happened?
Visiting Friends
Where's Alexx?
There's Always Time For A Vacation
Did HYDRA Find Me Again?
Kidnapped
Lab Rat
Rescue Plans
Rescue Mission
In the Hospital
Back Home
Exploring the Tower
Meeting A Literal God
Meeting Pepper Potts
A Normal Walk
She Has Lily
Go Away Ashley
Don't Mess With Fire
Alexx Will Be Fine

Miranda's in Florida

106 1 0
By ChicKestrel17

I started my long trip by flying straight over Virginia to North Carolina, where I stopped for another break. It took me three and a half hours to get to Charlotte and I was starving. I flew around until I found a McDonald's, craving some chicken nuggets. I quietly landed in a place no one would see and walked into the restaurant. 

"Hello and welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?" the cashier asked.

I looked up at the menu, my mouth watering. "Um, yeah. Can I get a 40 piece chicken nugget, a large fry and a large Dr. Pepper?"

"Yes, ma'am. Any sauce?"

"Sweet and sour, please."

"All right, your order will be $12.59."

I pulled out my wallet and handed the cashier $15. "Keep the change."

I stood off to the side and waited for my food. A family sat by a window, eating and laughing and messing around. I looked at them with envy, missing my family.

"Your order, ma'am?" A woman put a paper bag on the counter with a large soda next to it.

"Oh, right. Sorry." I grabbed my food. "Thank you."

"Have a good day."

"You too." 

I sat at a table by a window on the other side of the restaurant and set out my meal. Within 20 minutes, all of my food was gone and in my stomach being digested. I sipped the last of my drink and put it into the paper bag and into the garbage before leaving.

It was late, the sky dark and littered with stars. I still had five more hours until I got to Daytona Beach and it'd probably take me another half hour to find the hotel Miranda was staying at. I looked for a cheap place to stay. As I walked around, I found a Motel 6 a few blocks from the McDonald's.

I walked all the way to the motel, my feet killing me and my wounds felt like they were on fire. Several cars were parked outside. 

I walked into the office and paid for one night with cash.

I unlocked the door to my room and went inside, locking the door behind me. The room was decent, green walls, curtains and bedspreads. A desk sat against the wall by the door, a tv on an entertainment center against the wall opposite the beds. I tossed the key and my backpack onto the other bed and yawned. Not even bothering to change clothes, I turned off the lights and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

***

I awoke to my shoulder throbbing. I groaned at the pain, rolled over a little too far and fell off the bed, grunting. I got up and rubbed my head, then groaned as I stood up and got my first-aid kit out of my backpack. 

Pulling off my shirt, I checked the dressing Sarah had done. It was still holding up pretty well, so I left it alone. Then I changed my clothes, putting on a pair of athletic shorts and a loose short-sleeved shirt. 

I sighed as I took a tylenol. I couldn't heal myself, it would take too much energy. Energy that I needed to make it to Florida. Once I got to Florida, I would heal myself completely.

I put my hair into a ponytail, pulled on my shoes and made sure that all of my things were packed and ready to go. I quickly ate a granola bar and decided it was good enough for now. 

Grabbing my backpack, I went outside and looked for the nearest Walgreen's. It wasn't far. When I went in, it was practically empty. I quickly found the hair product aisle, found some black hair dye, paid for it and went back to the motel. Once I got back, I began the process of dying my hair. 

After about half an hour, my hair was done. I looked in the mirror and smiled. It was now pure black, no one should be able to recognize me immediately. Now that I was ready, I slid on a pair of sunglasses and checked out of the motel.

Across the street from the motel was a wooded area, a place I could hopefully take off from without being noticed. I hiked through the woods, ducking under low tree branches and climbing over boulders, until I found the perfect place to take off from. Looking at my map to make sure I was going the right way, I nodded to myself. I pulled out my waterbottle, took a few gulps, put it in my backpack then I took off. 

The last few states I had to fly over were South Carolina and Georgia, and then I'd be in Florida.

I flew for an hour, going straight over South Carolina and taking a pit-stop in Atlanta, Georgia. Looking at my map, I decided to check out the Fountain of Rings at the Centennial Olympic Park. I had heard that it looked beautiful at night, but I couldn't stay that long. It was pretty cool during the day too.

After chilling for an hour watching the water rings, eating one of my granola bars and listening to music, I stood up and looked around for a good place to take off. I put my things back into my backpack, walked toward a decent hiding place and took off, heading for Daytona.

I flew the three hours without stopping, using the air to glide when I could. It was tiring, but I had to keep going. I quickly and quietly landed in the Pinewood Cemetery, knowing there wouldn't be many people in the area. I found a bus stop and waited for the bus. After five minutes, the bus arrived and I boarded, paying for a ride.

The bus ride took 20 minutes. I checked my watch. 10:43am. Hopefully Miranda was still in her room. 

Just to be safe, I dialed her number and waited. She answered after the third ring this time.

"Hey, Alexx. Where are you? Are you close?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah, I'm a few minutes away." I replied.

"Perfect. I'm in room 259."

"Alright, I'll see you soon."

I pocketed my phone and got off the bus when it stopped. The lobby to the hotel was huge and elegant. I waved to the receptionist and headed toward an elevator. I took the elevator to the top floor and walked down the halls, looking for Miranda's room.

"257, 258...ah! 259." I said to myself as I approached the door. I knocked once and the door opened.

"Alexx! I'm so glad you're here." Miranda wrapped her arms around me. She held my shoulders at arms length and looked me up and down. "You look great. And your hair, that color really works for you."

I gave her a smile. "You think so?"

Miranda smiled. "Of course!" Miranda led me through her room, showing me where everything was. 

The room was amazing. Imagine a beautiful room that belongs at the beach, and you've got Miranda's hotel room. It had two king size beds, and most of a wall was a big window that overlooked the ocean. It was gorgeous. 

I set my backpack on the ground and sat on one of the beds. It was very plush.

"All right, tell me why you're really here." Miranda sat next to me. 

I sighed and rubbed my palm over my face. "I once was a part of HYDRA." And yes, I told her about my wings before I told her about that. I was struggling and didn't want to think about it.

Miranda gasped. "A-Are you serious?"

I nodded. "Jessica Bruns, one of HYDRA's highest ranking officers, was the one who gave me my abilities. She turned me into a weapon to kill Steve. I was a Winter Soldier." I explained everything to Miranda. She was very sympathetic about my past. She also loved my wings, stroking them when I showed them to her.

"So, why are you doing this alone?" Miranda asked.

"So that HYDRA can't hurt anyone trying to get to me." I replied.

Miranda nodded. "Wow. This is insane. How are you doing?"

I shook my head and looked at my lap. "She almost killed him, Miranda. If Abby hadn't been there, we'd be dead."

"You still saved him, Alexx. You aren't HYDRA. If you were, Steve would be dead."

I shook my head. "But Jess did something to me. She spoke the words that change me, turn me into a monster. I nearly killed the others."

"But you didn't. They were able to protect themselves, right?" 

I nodded. 

"Then you are okay. They are probably the only people in the world that can protect themselves."

I smiled at her. "Thanks for understanding."

"What are you going to do now?" Miranda asked.

"I don't know." I sighed. "Go farther west and see if my memory is right. The base I escaped from was in a forest hidden away. I think it was in Siberia."

"You're going to fly all the way to Siberia?" 

"No, I don't think so. There's a smaller facility somewhere in New Mexico that I'm going to go to first."

"When will you go back to the tower?"

"I don't know. Maybe after I destroy that stupid base."

"Why don't you stay here for a few days? Then you can relax a bit before you go kick some ass."

I chuckled. "Alright, that sounds fun." 

"Vacation!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 387 47
Evelyn had lost everything the day Hydra took her. Her friends, her family, and her freedom. She had given up hope and then The Avengers attacked t...
1K 63 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
1.1K 32 10
Maeve Fedorovna; an ungraduated assassin from the Red Room, an accomplice in attempts to kill Tony Stark, the world's most feared virus in the matrix...
18.6K 617 22
When Natasha comes back from a particularly difficult mission to find that Clint has disappeared off the grid. She must find him before it's too late...