Building Trust Through Our Is...

By Its_Imani

Book Three: Armoni and Jerome are the prime example of a blended family. In Trust Isn't The Only Issue, we le... More

Prolouge
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Three Follow Up
Chapter Four (Part I)
Chapter Four (Part II)
Chapter Six
Chapter Six Reupload
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven (Part I)
Chapter Eleven (Part II)
Chapter Eleven (Part III)
Chapter Eleven (Part IV)
Chapter Twelve
Questionnaire/Rant (Not A Chapter)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen ReUpload
Chapter Seventeen
National Holiday
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two (Part I)
Chapter Twenty Two (Part II)
Chapter Twenty Two (Part III)
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four (Part I)
Chapter Twenty Four (Part II)
Chapter Twenty Four (Part III)
Chapter Twenty Four (Part IV)
Chapter Twenty Four (Part V)
Chapter Twenty Four (Part VI)
Chapter Twenty Five (Part I)
Discussion
Chapter Twenty Five (Part II)
Chapter Twenty Five (Part III)
Chapter Twenty Five (Part IV)
Chapter Twenty Six (Part I)
Chapter Twenty Six (Part II)
Chapter Twenty Six (Part III)
Chapter Twenty Six (Part IV)
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II)
Epilogue (Part III)
Dangerously In Love
Dangerously In Love

Chapter Five

259K 3K 3.1K
By Its_Imani

"You hungry baby?" Chris asked me, as he came into my bedroom where I was doing squats. I shook my head before continuing my squats.

"Baby, he'll come when he's ready. Don't tire yourself out trying to get him here." He told me with a look.

I was a whole week and two days passed my due date and I was miserable. I was uncomfortable as hell and Christian was only still during the early morning of the day. Meaning he was up moving all damn night, so I couldn't sleep.

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled.

"You wanna go walking?" He asked me. I nodded my head before doing my last two squats. For the past week I'd been doing one hundred squats in the morning and one hundred squats at night. I walk an hour a day on the treadmill and take a teaspoon of castor oil in the morning and at night.

Still no baby.

"Come on Mama." He said taking my hand and leading me down to the basement of the house, to the gym. After an hour of walking on the treadmill we headed back upstairs. We went into the kitchen so Chris could give me my teaspoon of castor oil. I washed it down with a bottle of water and half of a banana.

"You have pretty feet." Chris told me as he rubbed my feet. We'd just gotten out of the shower and we were now in bed.

"Thank you." I smiled, wiggling my toes. Today I had a girls day, since tomorrow was my birthday they treated me to the spa. I got my nails, toes, hair, and waxing done as well as a facial.

Aireka, Aaliyah, Imani, Justycee, Leilani, Ms. Yolanda, my Mama, and Ashlyn all came along. We went to lunch before going to the spa and then a movie. I really enjoyed myself although I was tired as hell by the time I got back home.

"I missed you while you were gone." He mumbled with hooded eyes as he began kissing his way up my thighs.

"Oh yeah?" I smirked.

"Yeah." He whispered as he ripped away my panties with his teeth. I bit down on my bottom lip and threw my head back as I felt the head of his díck pushing into me.

***

"Happy birthday baby." Chris said waking me up with kisses all over my face. I kept my damn mouth shut because he had fresh breath and I didn't.

After getting out of bed and brushing my teeth I came back into the room to see my kids on the bed waiting for me with a tray of food and a bouquet of roses. The sight alone made me want to cry.

"Aw, thank you guys." I cooed as I wiped my eyelids. I hugged each of my babies before opening my card and smelling my roses. Since they were leaving in about an hour to spend the day with Jerome I guess they wanted to spend a little time with me as well. "I love y'all." I smiled.

"We love you too. We all saved up some of our allowance and daddy pitched in to help us get you a gift." Aaliyah grinned as she handed me a large gift bag.

"Boy don't record me, I look a mess." I laughed as I saw Austin pull out his phone. I shook my head as he smiled innocently but didn't put down his phone.

"It's for Pops, say hi." He smirked.

"Happy Birthday Jerome." I smiled into the camera of Austin's phone before blowing him lots of kisses.

"Okay, enough about him. Open your gift." Aaliyah said putting the bag in my face again. I laughed before taking it from her and looking inside.

My heart dropped as I saw the long ass Christian Louboutin shoe box. I started crying before I could even get the box open. I took the lid off and the thigh high, leather Christian Louboutin boots were looking me in the face.

"Guys." I whined. "They're beautiful."

"Open your other gifts." Aaliyah giggled.

I looked further in the bag to see a Chanel box, I opened the box and wrapped in a dust bag was a nude Chanel bag with a gold chain. I almost passed out.

"There's more Mama." Aaliyah laughed.

"This is too much!" I yelled making them all laugh. I unwrapped the small box and recognized the Hermés label. I opened it to see a gold cuff bracelet.

"Read the inscription." She sang.

Happy Birthday Armoni. We love you.

That was all it took for me to start crying like a damn baby.

"No cry mama." Jaydon said giving me a hug. I kissed him and hugged him tight.

"I'm happy baby, they're happy tears." I told him before kissing him again. "Thank you guys for my gifts, I love y'all." I said before they tackled me in a hug.

"Be careful." Jr scolded them.

"I'm okay baby, thank you." I chuckled.

"Okay, let's go get ready to go see y'all's Daddy. Get dressed and let your Mama eat." Chris told them as he ushered them out of the room.

I looked down at my tray of food to see chocolate chip waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, grits, and fresh fruit.

"Thanks for breakfast baby." I told Chris.

"I didn't cook. That was all Austin and Li. They even washed dishes." He smirked. I made a face, I was impressed.

"Imma go get the kids ready, make sure you're ready to go by ten." He told me as I began eating my food. It was better than I thought it would be.

"Okay babe." I called to him. I continued eating my breakfast with a smile on my face. After finishing my breakfast I took my tray downstairs and cleaned up my mess.

"Happy Birthday baby girl." I heard my dad say from behind me. I smiled before I turned to hug him.

"Thank you daddy." I grinned. Him and my mom were taking the kids to see Jerome. Ashlyn was going as well but she had a yoga class to teach so she'd get there a little late.

"You're welcome Mookie." He said kissing the top of my head. My kids were already dressed and ready to go see their father.

"Bye guys, be safe and have fun." I said as I hugged and kissed each one of my kids. I took Arianna from Justycee and kissed her cheeks making her giggle.

"Are his gifts already in the car?" I asked, since they'd be riding in separate vehicles I just wanted to make sure everything was all together so they wouldn't have to turn around and come back.

"Yes Mookie." Imani replied.

"Don't forget to stop and pick up his cake. It's already ordered and paid for, it's under my name. Get vanilla ice cream cause you know he hates chocolate ice cream." I instructed them.

"Okay Mookie." My mom said.

"Call me when y'all get there." I told them.

"Alright Ma." Austin nodded.

"I packed candles and a lighter in-"

"Mookie, we got it. Damn." Jeremy said shutting me up. I threw my hands up in surrender before laughing.

"My bad." I laughed. "Have fun and tell him I said happy birthday." I said as I walked them to the door. I watched them pile into the various vehicles.

Jeremy, Imani, Aaliyah, Adrian, and Austin were in my Escalade. My parents, the rest of my kids, and Alayshia were all in their Navigator. Leilani, Justycee, and Rashad were in Rashad's Mustang.

Once they were gone, I went back upstairs and took a shower. As I was washing my body. The glass door slid back and Chris stepped in.

"My baby's getting old." He cooed.

"Shut up." I laughed as he hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest.

"How does it feel to be twenty eight?" He asked rubbing my back. I shrugged my shoulders, enjoying the feel of his hands rubbing my body.

"Blessed." I smiled before lifting my head to kiss him. After we got out of the shower I went back into my room to find an outfit already laid out for me, courtesy of Aaliyah.

"I'll be back in a minute babe." Chris told me. I nodded my head before drying myself off with my towel. I took my shower cap off and let my natural hair flow down to the middle of my back.

I'd gotten my sew in taken down yesterday and I was very pleased with the results. This pregnancy and the vitamins I've been taking have really helped my hair grow out more and thicken.

I put on my bra and struggled with trying to put on my panties. I had to sit down to put them on. Once I got them on I lotioned my body and rubbed my stomach with cocoa butter.

First I put on my maternity pants. They were cute distressed skinny jeans that Aireka had found online for me. I was in love with them, I'd wear them everyday if I could. They're cute and comfortable. After putting on my pants, I put on the off white oversized sweater that was laid out for me.

I looked big as a damn house.

I had an appointment yesterday with my doctor. Christian is in the birthing position, he's just being stubborn. All of my blood pressure levels, stress levels, mine and Christian's heart rate looks good.

"Ready baby?" Chris asked coming into the room fully dressed. I smiled as he made his way over to me. He was so cute.

He had on a Polo Ralph Lauren pullover and a pair of jeans with a pair of Sperrys. That booty was looking right too.

"Can you help me with my shoes?" I asked him. He nodded and put my socks and Christian Louboutin sneakers on for me before helping me off the bed. I combed through my hair and then put on my MAC powder.

I got lash extensions for the first time yesterday so there was no need for me to put on any mascara or eyeliner. I just put on Chapstick and sprayed myself with perfume before grabbing my Céline bag.

"Hold on, I have to pee." I mumbled to him, passing him my purse. After I used the bathroom I came out to find Chris on the phone.

"How long do you think it'll take to get everything moved to the new house?" I heard him ask before I came and sat on his lap. "Let me call you back bruh." He said as I began playing in his facial hair.

"You ready?" He asked kissing me.

"You didn't have to end your phone call babe." I told him as he rubbed my belly.

"It wasn't important." He mumbled as he watched me with hooded eyes. "You're so beautiful." He said making me blush. No matter how many compliments Chris gives me, he always manages to make me blush without even trying.

"Thank you." I smiled before kissing him.

"You ready?" He asked standing up with me still in his arms. He gently put me on my feet before grabbing my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Well first we're going to visit Jerome, then we'll come back and I'm going take you to do some shopping, then I'll drop you off so you can change clothes so we can have a nice dinner and so I can give you your gift." He explained.

I couldn't lie, I was a little disappointed. I guess it showed on my face because he raised his eyebrow and asked me what was wrong.

"I thought we were going to spend the day together? Just us?" I asked looking up at him. I was trying to heed to Ms. Yolanda's advice, I was trying to let go of Jerome so that I could move forward with Chris.

"We are." He said.

"Just us, Christopher. I don't wanna go see Jerome." I mumbled. Not only was I trying to cut certain ties with Jerome, I wasn't feeling up to that six hour car drive. My bladder can't take that. I already didn't feel the best and I was uncomfortable as is. That six hour drive would've just made things worse.

"Well what do you wanna do baby? It's your birthday. We can do whatever." He said shrugging his shoulders. I smirked before he stopped me. "But no sex." He stated, making me smack my lips.

***

Christopher POV:

Mookie and I were now at my house in our pajamas watching old movies and eating junk food. The only reason I was letting her eat this shit was because it was her day.

She looked adorable as hell in her cheetah print onesie, her hair was up in a big bun and she didn't have on any makeup. She was laid across my chest eating that damn gelato she likes.

"Sorry." She giggled as I felt a drop of cold gelato fall on my damn stomach. Since I was shirtless it was cold as hell. All of my complaints went away when she licked it up. Her warm tongue and thick lips that close to my díck had him waking up.

"Don't." I warned her when I felt her hands trying to creep into my Polo pajama pants. Her hard headed ass continued until I felt her hands wrap around him. "Mookie st-"

"He's mine, shut up and give me my shit." She said making me chuckle to myself and shake my head at her. I watched her as she kissed the tip before slowly taking me in her mouth.

"Babe stop, you're pregnant Mook and it's your birthday." I said trying to push her away from my díck without hurting her. I didn't have a problem with her sucking my díck, I just didn't want to get carried away and be too rough with her, especially while she's pregnant.

"But I want to." She pouted.

"I know baby, it's okay." I told her honestly. She tucked my díck back in my pants and laid her head back on my stomach. "You mad at me?" I asked. I got no response.

I chuckled before resting my hand on the side of her face. My thumb stroked her cheek as she held her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"He won't be still." She mumbled.

"Calm down in there Champ. You giving your Mama a hard time." I said touching her stomach. I continued rubbing her stomach and he eventually calmed down.

"You wanna go shopping after this?" I asked her. She sighed before pausing. Her ass loved shopping, so I knew if she was hesitating to go shopping, she didn't feel good. "You don't feel good do you?"

"It's not that. I'm just uncomfortable and my body is sore." She explained.

"You wanna take a bath?" I asked her.

"Are you getting in with me?" She asked looking up at me. I hated taking baths with her ass. She liked to turn the jets on high and it made my balls feel funny. Like they were vibrating and shit.

"Only cause it's your birthday." I mumbled.

"Yay." She cheered.

"Big ass kid." I joked.

I looked at the clock to see it was a little bit passed noon. The movers said they would be finished moving all of Mookie and the kids stuff by seven tonight. They had so much shit it made no sense. I planned on taking her to dinner tonight at eight just to give them a little extra time.

I'd already talked it over with Jerome, her parents and the kids. They all thought it was a good idea so I went ahead and bought the house. So she wouldn't have to redecorate, I gave the movers specific instructions to move her stuff exactly how it was in her old house.

The kids had already picked their rooms. They were all able to have individual rooms and there were still three leftover guest rooms. KoKo still had her room but it was slightly bigger, my nigga had a real room now, instead of a closet.

"Get up so I can go run your damn water." I told her. She moved to the side a little so I could get up before crawling in the spot I was laying in. I felt her hand and it was cold as shit. I had the heater on and her ass was still freezing. "You been taking your iron?" I asked her.

"I forgot to take them this morning but I took them last night." She mumbled. I went to the master bathroom and started her water, while it was running I went to the kitchen to get her pills and a bottle of water to take them with.

"Thank you." She said taking them from me. I watched her swallow both of them, I can never be too careful with her. Her ass is sneaky as hell.

Once I'd given her, her pills I went back into the bathroom to turn the water off. I didn't fill it up completely because I didn't want water to splash all over the damn place with I turned the jets on.

"No bubbles babe?" She asked raising her eyebrow as she stood in the doorway of the bathroom. I looked at her and then the tub before shaking my head.

"I'm not getting in no damn bubble bath Mookie." I told her with a look. She had me all types of fucked up if she thought I was about to get in a tub full of bubbles like I was gay.

"You did when we were in New Orleans." She smirked.

"That's different. I was just trying to get some pussy that night." I joked.

"Fuck you." She said smacking her lips.

"I'm playing baby." I smirked before opening my arms for a hug. She just looked at me with a blank expression. I laughed before licking my lips and then rolling my eyes. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Thank you." She huffed.

"You so damn spoiled." I said shaking my head at her. She shrugged innocently as she made her way to me. I studied her walk. She was walking like she was in pain and discomfort. It looked ten times worse than her normal pregnancy waddle.

"Back hurt?" I asked once she reached me and had wrapped her arms around my waist. She sighed as she laid her head on my chest.

"And my legs and my feet and my damn stomach." She added.

"Poor booboo." I said kissing the top of her head.

"That made me feel better, I need another one." She said lifting up her head and puckering her lips. I kissed her and she wrapped her arms around my neck and wouldn't let go.

"You better yet?" I laughed.

"One more." She mumbled before kissing me again. She giggled as she pulled away from me and walking to the other side of the bathtub. She got her bubble bath from the bathroom cabinet and poured half the damn bottle in.

"I'm not getting in that water." I stated.

"Yes you are." She laughed.

"You thought." I scoffed.

"It's my birthday." She sang.

"I hate you." I mumbled making her laugh. I helped her out of her onesie and into the tub before taking off my pajama bottoms and socks before getting in the tub.

"Isn't this nice baby?" She giggled before turning on the jets. I cringed as my balls started to vibrate.

"Hell no." I mumbled.

We were in the tub for about an hour and a half. While we were in the jacuzzi tub, we literally talked the whole damn time. We talked about almost everything, we had a few deep conversations, and some silly ass ones. I rubbed her feet and back for her as well.

We were about to go out shopping and to the movies, until she got a call from Jerome. I let her have her privacy, so while they were talking I checked in on the new house and the movers.

Zyonn, Leilani, Aireka, and Rashad were helping direct them and making sure they didn't break any of Mookie's shit. If they did, I knew Mookie was suing the hell out of the company.

"Yes sir?" Leilani said answering the phone.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"This is a big ass house Chris. I'm not sure if everything will be moved in on time. Her and the kids have so much shit." She sighed.

"I know right." I chuckled in agreement.

"You better buy me a damn sandwich for this shit or something Chris. This is a lot of work." She said smacking her lips. "Hell." She added making me laugh.

"I got y'all." I assured her.

"Alright, let me get back to work. I'll talk to you later Chris." She said as I heard lots of noises in the background. After hanging up with her, I decided to call my momma to check up on London.

As I talked to my momma on the phone, I could hear London's loud ass blabbing in the background. She'd just fed London and she was about to put her down for a nap. While I was ending the conversation with my mom, Armoni walked into the room with a smirk on her face.

"How was it?" I asked, referring to her phone conversation.

"It went better than I thought. He's in a really good mood." She said sounding like she was surprised.

"It's his birthday Mook. Is he supposed to be in a bad mood?" I asked, raising my eyebrow with a smirk on my face. She's acting like that man is miserable all the time. Well lowkey he is, but not all the time.

"No, I just didn't expect him to be as happy as he was." She shrugged.

"He like his gifts?" I asked.

"Yeah." She laughed.

"That's good." I nodded.

"You ready to go?" She asked picking up her purse. I nodded my head before I put my wallet and keys in my pocket. "You're not wearing that." She told me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You're wearing gray sweats." She said giving me a blank face. I shrugged my shoulders and smacked my lips. "I can see your díck print Chris. You're not wearing them. I'm not playing with your black ass." She said making me laugh.

"You act like you running something." I laughed harder.

"I am, now go change." She smirked. "And put on some damn underwear." Little did her dumb ass know, I had on boxers and a pair of gym shorts. My díck was just big.

"I'm not changing. You can't even see my shit. You just looking too damn hard and imagining shit." I told her. I went to the room she claimed as hers and looked in her full length mirror. Just like I said, you couldn't see my shit.

***

"Isn't that better?" Mookie smirked as she grabbed my hand. After half an hour of going back and forth I just gave in and changed. I'd just replaced my gray sweat pants with black Adidas track pants.

"Don't talk to me." I said letting go of her hand and walking towards the front door. I heard her laughing behind me as I waited for her so I could lock my house up.

After locking up the house we walked to my car and I helped her in. Once we were in the car, I drove off in the direction of the mall. We had about a half hour drive so I turned on some music. She immediately turned it off.

"The hell?" I mumbled, looking at her.

"Let's talk." She suggested.

"We've been talking all day Mookie. Don't you get tired of talking?" I asked. This girl could talk, I seriously wondered did she ever get tired from talking all the time.

"No." She said smacking her lips.

"Fine, we can talk." I huffed.

"I was thinking ..." She trailed off. I looked over at her and she was biting her bottom lip. "What are we?" She asked.

Oh hell.

"Whatever you want us to be." I said. That was a safe enough answer.

"Are we together? Are we friends? Are we co parents? Are we friends with benefits?" She asked making me sigh.

"What I just say Mook?" I asked.

"Do you want to be with me or not Chris?" She huffed.

"Where am I now Mookie?" I asked her.

"With me." She mumbled.

"If you wanna be together then we are. If you don't, then we aren't babe. Just remember that the bond we have is stronger than a title." I said making her smile at me.

"I love you Chris, for real." She said.

"Love you too." I said pulling up to a red light. I leaned over the console and kissed her. We got carried away and the person in the car behind us honked their horn twice. I gave them the middle finger while Mookie wasn't looking before I burnt off.

"You think we'd ever get married?" She asked randomly. It caught me by surprise because we'd never discussed marriage. We barely discussed being in a committed relationship so it shocked the hell outta me. I frowned before contemplating my answer.

"If that's what you want." I shrugged.

"Tell me what you want Christopher. It's about us, not me. It's what we both want." She stressed.

"I'd like to marry you. When we're both ready." I admitted. I'm about to be thirty five in two years, I'm too damn old to be somebody's boyfriend, especially if we have a whole child together and we love each other.

"You do?" She asked turning to face me. I looked over at her and she had a surprised expression on her face with her eyebrows raised. I chuckled before rolling my eyes.

"Yes Mookie." I replied with the side eye.

"Aw Chris." She cooed.

"Are you crying?" I asked looking over at her again. She sounded like she was about to cry, so when I saw her eyes watering I wasn't surprised.

"Sorry." She mumbled. "It's just, I never thought I'd get married more than once. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be married to the same person for fifty plus years and have tons of kids and grandkids to spoil. Now, I just have tons of kids with two rich ass baby daddies." She huffed.

I bit down on my bottom lip to keep from laughing at her.

"I wish I would've met you first." She mumbled.

"Well Mook, if you hadn't have met Jerome first you wouldn't have your kids. You wouldn't have Aaliyah nor Austin. If you wouldn't have met Jerome, you wouldn't even be in Cali. You'd still be in Texas." I said making her frown.

"Okay, I guess you're right. As always." She mumbled. "If I wouldn't have gone through what I went through with my relationship with Jerome, I wouldn't know how to appreciate you."

"That's cute." I smirked.

"I hate you Christopher." She laughed.

"I love you too Mama." I said placing my hand on her thigh. She grabbed my hand and we held hands the rest of the car ride to the mall. She was playing with my damn fingers the whole time.

"Which store you wanna go in first?" I asked her as I led her into the busy mall. I had already told her in the car that today was about her, meaning this shopping trip was for her and only her. So if she tried to buy any shit for other people, it wasn't happening.

"Louis Vuitton. I need a new carry on." She said, I nodded my head and pulled her off in the direction of the store. I really wanted to just give her my card and tell her to go shopping but I didn't want to leave her by herself, especially while she was pregnant and a whole week past her due date.

After visiting Louis Vuitton to get her carry on bag and a little blanket she thought was cute, we headed to the Céline outlet.

"What's my limit?" She asked looking up at me. We hadn't been here a full thirty minutes and I was already ready to go back home.

"Get whatever you want babe." I told her for the third time. She was worried about my pockets but little did she know. The whole point in going down to Miami was to make extra money so I could go all out for her birthday.

I wasn't struggling financially at all, I just didn't want to blow money like crazy and then be looking stupid when I had to pay bills and provide for my family.

"You sure babe?" She asked raising her eyebrow at me. "You know how I can get when I shop." She giggled.

"Yeah baby, get what you want. Today's your day." I told her once more before I bent down to kiss her. She smiled as I kissed her before she brought her hand up to touch my face.

"Don't say shit when I spoil you for your day then, okay." She mumbled against my lips before pecking them again.

"No promises Mama." I laughed, pulling away from her. I don't know why but I had a hard time with letting her spend her hard earned money on me. I don't think it was my pride, he'll I don't know what it is.

"We only have two hours, gon'." I said shooing her away from me when she tried to kiss me again.

"Just one more." She giggled as she pulled me down by my shirt and kissed me. She turned and went off into the store while I sat on the plush lounging chair and watched her.

Three purses, four sweatshirts, and almost a hundred thousand dollars later we were leaving the Céline outlet. Of course I was carrying all of her bags, including her big ass purse. She led the way to the Chanel store and I groaned internally. I knew her ass was about to go crazy.

"Which one?" She asked pointing to two different bags. One was aqua and the other was gray. I shrugged before telling her to get both and going back to scrolling through my phone.

I was on Instagram creeping through all of Mookie's pictures and comments. She's always getting into me about the girls that comment inappropriate things under my pictures but the same damn thing is going on under hers.

After threatening a few niggas that were commenting under her pictures I looked up to see her at the register. She pulled out the card to pay but I noticed it was hers and not mine. Hers was pink, mine was black.

Her little sneaky ass.

"You not slick Armoni." I told her as we walked out of the store together. She tried to grab my hand but I denied her and put it in my pocket.

"Chris." She said smacking her lips.

"Don't Chris me." I said putting some distance between us. I was acting petty and I didn't care. Her ass always does this shit. Her pride's too fucking big and she never lets people do shit for her. "Move Mookie." I said walking faster, I knew she couldn't walk that fast due to her short ass legs and her big belly.

"You're an ass Christopher." She called.

"That's fine." I shrugged.

"Babe stop being childish." She had to yell because I literally left her ass. I ignored her and continued to walk fast as hell until I felt somebody push me from behind.

I turned around ready to beat the fuck out of whoever touched me. I was about to swing but I stopped mid swing when I saw Armoni's face. She looked pissed. Maybe running away from her wasn't such a good idea. Now I had some ass kissing to do.

"Hi baby." I smiled.

"You're such an asshole Chris." She huffed as she tried to regain her breath. Her face was slightly red and she was breathing all types of heavy, I felt bad.

"I'm sorry baby." I said trying to hug her.

"I was just trying to help." She mumbled. Her nose and ears were turning red so I knew she was about to cry. Oh God.

"I know baby, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"I just didn't want you spending so much money on me. It was too much." She cried as I pulled her into me.

"Mook don't cry baby. Stop it." I told her as I wiped her face with my thumbs and then kissed her. "You're not supposed to cry on your birthday Mama." I smirked.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, poking her bottom lip out and pouting. I laughed to myself before kissing her.

"It's okay baby." I said trying to pull away from her but she wouldn't let me. I felt her grab my ass as she she tried to kiss me again. "Imma slap you Mookie."

"It's so big and firm." She giggled.

"Move." I mumbled pushing her making her laugh. I picked her shopping bags up and laced my fingers with hers. "Where to now?" I asked her.

"Guisuppe and then Louboutin. After that we can go home." She told me. I nodded my head and let her drag me off into the direction of the stores.

"All you want is shoes and bags?" I asked raising my eyebrow as we left Guisuppe." She got two pairs of sneakers, and three pairs of heels that she wouldn't be wearing until two months after she gave birth.

"I got four sweatshirts from Céline." She reminded me.

"You don't want clothes though?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I'm big as a cow Christopher. I don't want to shop for clothes." She sighed. "Plus I don't know what size I'm going to be after I have Christian." She added.

"Then buy a size smaller then what you usually wear and use it as motivation to get back in shape." I suggested.

"I do need more dresses for church." She mumbled as we walked into the Louboutin store. I rolled my eyes when I saw her eyes light up with excitement.

"Here." I said handing her my card. Since I had her purse with her card and cash I just sat down by the registers.

"You like these babe?" She asked holding up these ugly ass sneakers the sales lady had gotten for her. I gave her a look so I wouldn't offend the lady.

"Okay, what about these?" She asked a few minutes later. I nodded my head and she smiled. "I like them too, okay. I'll just take these and then the others that I have at the counter." Mookie told the sales lady.

"Yes ma'am." The lady smiled. I looked away from them and back down at my phone. I was still regulating niggas on Instagram.

Mookie came and sat in my lap and then snatched my phone out of my hand. "What has you so occupied?" She mumbled, as she unlocked my phone and squinted her eyes. "Really Christopher?"

"What?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"Stop being childish." She told me.

"I'm not being childish." I protested. "If somebody's disrespecting me and my relationship then shit, imma say something about it." I scoffed.

"Baby, these people don't even know us. They say anything, they don't mean it." She said defending them nasty ass niggas.

"I don't give a fuck." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "You got these niggas all on here talking about impregnating you and shit. This one nigga said he wanted to suck a fart outta your ass." I said making her bust out laughing.

"Baby I-"

"Don't baby me, that shit ain't funny. You entertaining it too. Posting them damn thirst traps. Posting your titties and shit." I huffed moving my neck when she tried to kiss me.

"Nigga, I know you not talking." She said smacking her lips and narrowing her eyes at me. "You be posting pictures with your damn shirt off and your díck print showing. Then had the nerve to quote the Bible in the caption." She said eyeing me.

"That doesn't count. I didn't know it was showing." I said smacking my lips and defending myself. "You made me delete it anyway so why you tripping?"

"You're the one tripping, not me." She said rolling her eyes at me. I remained silent as she stared at me.

"Quit staring." I said covering my face with my hand. Her ass was starting to creep me out. I removed my hand and she was still looking at me.

"Okay I quit." She said after she bust out laughing. I mugged her and she kissed my cheek. "On a serious note, I'm yours. You don't have to worry about that. I'm yours and that's all that matters baby." She said holding up my phone and referring to her little ugly ass Instagram followers.

"If you say so." I mumbled.

"Love you." She said grabbing my face and kissing me. Her little nasty ass started getting carried away. I heard someone clear their throat so I pulled away from her and looked up to see the saleswoman.

"Your items are ready at the front ma'am." She said with a smirk on her face. Mookie got up from my lap and followed the lady to the front. I gathered all of her bags and followed them.

After finding out it was Armoni's birthday she gave her a thirty percent off discount on her shoes.

"Have a good evening and I hope you enjoy your birthday. Y'all are a beautiful couple." She smiled as she passed me the bag of shoes.

"Thank you." We replied simultaneously.

"What's next?" I asked as she wrapped her arm around my waist and laid her head on my shoulder.

"I don't know, I'm kind of tired." She said just as she yawned. Thank God. I was tired of carrying these heavy ass bags.

"You wanna go eat now?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we can go eat at the food court and then shop some more after that." She said making me roll my eyes. I was not trying to be at this damn mall all damn day but if her spoiled ass wanted to, we would.

"Okay babe." I replied. Once we were at the food court she went and sat down while I ordered our food. After ordering our food I took the bags of stuff she already bought and took them to the car.

"Did you say grace?" I asked her as I sat down in the booth she was seated at. She must've went and got our food while I was outside putting up the bags.

She looked up at me wide eyed before she stopped chewing and closed her eyes. I got my phone out and took her picture. I posted it to Instagram.

#WhenYouForgetToPrayBeforeEating
#SheStillFineTho
#HappyBirthdayBaby
#Mine

I looked up from my phone to see her eyes were still closed and her jaws were still full with food. Her ass was still praying.

I shook my head before putting my phone on the table and bowing my own head to say grace. When I looked back up Mookie was eating off my damn plate.

"Imma slap you." I said smacking my lips.

"I love you." She giggled. Instead of saying it back I just looked at her. She laughed before going back to her own meal.

After we finished eating we sat and talked for a while. She wanted to go into the Alexander McQueen store, where she bought two dresses and a gaudy ass pair of heels.

"These are cute huh?" She asked looking at a nude pair of flats. We were in the Jimmy Choo store looking at more shoes.

"Yeah babe." I mumbled, not looking up from my phone. She busted me upside my head making me smack my lips.

"You didn't even look at them Chris." She huffed. I kissed the top of her head and grabbed her ass simultaneously. She smiled, biting her bottom lip before dropping the subject.

"Since it's my birthday can we-"

"Nope." I said cutting her off. I already knew what she wanted and she already knew the answer before she even asked.

"But I-"

"What if your water breaks?" I asked.

"It won't." She whined.

"How you know?" I asked her.

"Cause." She mumbled.

"Cause what?" I smirked.

"You're such an asshole." She said hitting my chest. I laughed before kissing her lips. She tried to push me away but I wasn't having it.

"Why you crying Mook?" I asked as I heard her sniffle. I internally rolled my eyes as she wiped her nose.

Spoiled ass.

"You won't have sex with me." She whined making me bust out laughing. I could feel her glaring at me as I continued to laugh. "You're an asshole Christopher." She said as my laughter died down.

"I'm sorry baby." I laughed as I pulled her into me. I wrapped my arms around her as her belly bumped my stomach. I could feel my lil man in there going crazy. "You love me?" I asked as I kissed her forehead. She didn't respond so I grabbed her ass. "You love me Mook?" I asked again.

"No." She mumbled.

"You don't?" I asked raising my eyebrow as I lowered my head to kiss her neck. I placed kisses from behind her ear down to the top of her shirt.

"Stop teasing me." She whined. I chuckled before kissing her again and resting my hand on her stomach.

"You done shopping?" I asked her. She shook her head at me and I sighed as she giggled. She ended up getting the flats and four other pairs of heels. After about twenty more minutes we were finally leaving Jimmy Choo and headed to get these Tom Ford boots she's been wanting.

***

"Thank you for my gifts baby." Mookie said kissing me all over my face. We were back home sitting on the couch in the living room. She was in my lap and I had my arm wrapped securely around her waist. "I appreciate you Chris." She smiled.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as I brushed my thumb across her cheek to wipe the tear away.

"Don't worry, they're happy tears." She laughed as she laid her head on my chest. I sighed before kissing the top of her head.

"Imma have to go handle some business in about hour babe." I informed her. I was really about to go check on the house to make sure everything was going good. "I'll be back at eight to pick you up for dinner."

"You're leaving me?" She asked. I laughed at how quick her head popped up when I told her I was leaving.

"Yeah babe. I'll see you in a few hours." I reminded her as I trailed kisses down her neck. At the mall, I promised her I'd give her an orgasm by the end of the night.

I was contemplating on giving it to her now or should I wait to break in her new place. Hell, the way she was rubbing on my díck she was liable to get it both ways. I knew her nasty ass wouldn't mind.

***

"Thank you baby." She grinned drowsily. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and used mouth wash before kissing her. "That was the best gift yet." She giggled.

"No problem baby, I'll see you later babe." I told her as I kissed her lips a few times. She clung to me as I tried to leave.

"One more." She mumbled kissing me. I laughed before kissing her lips and then her forehead. "Love you, be safe." She said grabbing the back of my shirt when I tried to walk away.

"Babe I gotta go." I chuckled as she held onto me when I hugged her. She finally released me and kissed my again.

"See ya champ. Be easy on ya Mama." I said fist bumping her belly before kissing it. I could see his little ass in there moving.

"Bye baby." I she said pulling me down for another kiss.

"Keep on and watch ya lips start swelling, nigga." I said shaking my head at her. She laughed before trying to kiss me again. "Move nigga, I gotta go." I laughed.

"Fine, I'll see you later." She told me.

"Momma is in the living room if you need anything." I told her as I put my phone and wallet in my pocket. "London bad ass is in there watching her shows."

"They're here?" She asked getting excited.

"They live here Mook." I reminded her.

"Oh yeah. I forgot we were at your house." She chuckled as she sat up a little in the bed. "Can you tell them to come in?" She asked me. I nodded my head in response before putting my shoes on.

"Ma." I called to my mom. She was on the couch working a puzzle in her little puzzle book. She looked at me with her glasses on. "Mookie wants you."

"Y'all change them sheets?" She asked.

"We didn't have sex Ma." I said smacking my lips.

"The way she was in there hollerin' y'all did something." She said giving me a look with a smirk on her face.

"Momma." I said giving her a blank look.

"What?" She laughed.

"Can you just see her please?" I asked.

"I'm going, I'm going." She said fanning me off when I tried to help her up. She's doing really good in her therapy and she's gaining her strength back but I don't want her trying to do too much. "You feed my baby today?" She asked eyeing me.

"Yes Ma, she ate twice already." I said smacking my lips. She's always worrying me about making sure I take proper care of Mookie.

"Smack em again." She said in her thick southern accent, raising her hand to hit me. I slowly smacked my lips before dodging her hit. "Keep on Lamont."

"I'm just playing Ma. Love you." I said kissing her cheek. She wiped it off and gave me a stank look before she headed to Armoni's bedroom.

"Stinka." I sang, as I entered London's room. She was in her bouncer watching her Doc McStuffins DVD and sucking on her pacifier.

She began grinning and then spit out her pacifier when she saw me. I smiled as she started kicking her feet trying to get to me.

"Hi baby." I said picking her up and kissing her cheek. I picked up her pacifier from the ground and ran hot water over it, to clean it. "You wanna go see Mookie and Nana?"

"Stink stink." Mookie yelled loudly as hell, as I came in the room holding London. She started moving her body trying to get to armoni. I put her in the bed with them before kissing my Momma and London on the top of her head.

"I'll be back at eight baby." I said kissing Armoni's lips. I left my house and headed to Armoni's old house. I saw six moving vans parked outside. I got ten vans so I assumed the other four were at the new house. I parked at the back of the house and walked around to the front.

"If you break our shit we will sue." I heard Aireka's loud ass from the other side of the front door. I shook my head as I walked through the open door. She was sitting on the island eating pizza.

"The hell are you doing?" I asked raising my eyebrow. Her ass was supposed to be helping, not eating and watching everyone else work.

"I'm just taking a lunch break." She shrugged, looking up at me innocently. I knew her ass hadn't done shit. She had on a white button down, ripped jeans, and nude heels. Her hungry ass. "Want some?" She asked holding up a piece of pizza to me.

"Why not?" I asked taking a slice from her plate. I hadn't eaten since the mall and I was hungry.

"The other house is beautiful Chris, it's big as hell. I got lost twice in like five minutes." She said making me laugh as I wiped my face with a napkin.

"Yeah. She needed more room and a fresh start." I shrugged as I went to the fridge to get something to drink. I opened it and got out a bottle of water.

"Indeed." She agreed.

"You think it'll be ready in time?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. They've done all of the upstairs bedrooms, now they're working on the bathrooms. After that they're doing the theatre, the den, both living rooms, the two downstairs bedrooms, and then finally the kitchen." She informed me.

"Sounds like a plan." I nodded.

"Yep. Rashad and Leilani are at the new house helping put everything together. The kids should be back around nine." She told me as I finished my water.

"Where's Zyonn?" I asked.

"Upstairs with the movers." She said as she rolled her eyes. "His little ass tried to boss me around like I'm not grown." She scoffed making me shake my head.

"Probably cause you ain't doing shit." I said smacking my lips.

"I told you I was taking my lunch break." She reminded me. Her lying ass. I bet she hasn't lifted a finger since she's been here.

"Whatever nigga." I called to her as I went up the stairs to check the upstairs. Almost everything was gone. Furniture, pictures, rugs, and paintings, it was all gone.

"Wassup Chris." Zyonn said giving me dap. He was doing a walk through of the upstairs portion of the house to make sure nothing had been left behind.

"Wassup." I said after we hugged.

"Tired as hell." He huffed.

"I believe it. Y'all doing good though. I got something for y'all for helping me out. I appreciate it dude." I told him.

"No problem bruh, we family." He smirked.

After checking out the old house I headed south and abiut thirty minutes later I was at the new house. The moving vans were parked out front in the circular driveway. I got out of my car and jogged up the steps that led to the front door. Since it was already open, I walked in.

I greeted the movers as I walked through the house. I was impressed. Hopefully she liked it. If not, I was out almost thirty million dollars.

Armoni POV:

"I loved my gift Ms. Yolanda, thank you." I smiled as I leaned over London to hug her. We were both in the bed watching Scandal. We were watching the old seasons on Netflix because she's never seen it before and I wanted to show her what she had been missing. A little commercial break came on so I took that as an opportunity to thank her for my gift.

"You're welcome baby, I'm glad you liked it." She smiled as she rubbed my back. We released each other and I got comfortable in my spot again. She got me a Bible with my name engraved on the front, a hundred dollar Starbucks gift card, a journal with uplifting scriptures on each page, and a young women's prayer devotional.

I didn't catch it at first but after looking at my Bible for a few seconds, I realized she had a different name engraved. I didn't know how to react when I saw, I just knew my eyes were big as all get out.

Armoni Lashae Hawkins.

The hell? When did this happen?

On the inside she wrote a note to me that had my eyes growing even bigger.

I thank God for you. I'm grateful he placed you in my son's life. You've brought so much joy into my family, I can only give all the credit to God. I know you'll be the daughter in law I've always prayed for. God bless you baby, I love you. Momma.

I was confused as heck. Was she dropping hints that Chris was going to propose to me some time soon? I'm hungry as hell.

"You hungry?" She asked me.

"Yes ma'am. I was going to go fix us some snacks." I told her. It was like she read my mind. I threw the covers off my legs and headed to the kitchen.

"Get back in the bed baby, I'll get it." She told me.

"I can get it. Stay in the bed and relax." I told her. Ms. Yolanda is so sweet. She makes sure I'm taken care of and waits on me hand and foot.

"Mookie get in this bed." She called.

"No ma'am." I laughed. I would have to be disobedient to her this one time. She'd been up doing things for me since Chris left and I wanted to give her a break. She smacked her lips making me laugh as I washed my hands at the sink.

"Imma whoop you little girl." I heard her yell. I laughed to myself as I went to the refrigerator to get out ingredients to make us some sandwiches.

After making our sandwiches I looked in the pantry and got out a bag of chips. I placed a handful of Nacho cheese Doritos on both of our plates and cut two slices of the red velvet cake that she made last night.

I took our plates back to my room before going back to the kitchen. I got myself a bottle of water and poured Ms. Yolanda a glass of sweet tea.

"Thank you baby." She said giving me the eye as I handed her, her plate and glass of tea. I looked at the clock on the T.V and noticed London would been waking up from her nap soon.

I went ahead and got a bottle of my breast milk from the fridge and heated it up so it will be ready for her when she woke up. I also got a jar of her baby food, a diaper, and a package of wipes.

My back was hurting and I didn't want to have to get back up when she woke up so I wanted to be prepared.

Ms. Yolanda waited on me so we could say grace together before we ate.

"Now who is this funny looking man?" She asked pointing to the T.V. "Is he a good guy or a bad guy?" She asked.

"That's Cyrus Beene." I chuckled. "He's the White House chief of staff. He's a good guy, but he has his moments." I laughed.

We watched three more episodes before we both fell asleep. London was still up so I turned on Doc McStuffins and gave her, her pacifier and one of her toys to keep her occupied.

I remembered to set my alarm for seven because Chris was supposed to pick me up at eight for dinner.

"Mookie wake up." I heard Aireka say as she tapped my face. I swatted her hand away before rolling onto my side. "Mookie, you gotta get dressed for dinner." She said shaking my body.

I ignored her and she finally left me alone. I sighed in relief as I felt myself falling back to sleep. Not even five minutes later she was back.

"Mookie, Chris said get up." She said as she hit my arm. I rolled my eyes and got up with an attitude.

"What are you doing here?" I asked sitting up and looking around the room. I almost forgot I was at Chris'. I looked beside me to see London and Ms. Yolanda were no longer in the bed with me.

"I came to help you get ready for your little date with Chris tonight." She grinned as she pulled me out of the bed. "Go shower and I'll have your clothes and everything laid out for you." She told me as she led me to the bathroom.

"But I'm sleepy." I whined.

"You can sleep later Mookie." She said pushing me in the bathroom and then closing the door as she left.

Before getting in the shower, I wrapped my hair up and applied my facial mask. I took my time in the shower, letting the warm water relax my body.

After getting out of the shower, I brushed my teeth and used mouth wash, before removing my face mask. I dried off with a towel and put on my silk robe.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mookie. Happy birthday to you." She sang as she held out a cupcake with a candle in to me.

"Thank you." I smiled after I blew out my candle and took the cupcake from her. It looked good as hell, I could tell it was one of those gourmet bakery cupcakes and not one of those grocery store cupcakes.

"From me to you." She smiled as she handed me a little gift bag. It was a black and white stripped gift bag with pink tissue paper sticking out.

I placed the cupcake on the table before taking the tissue paper out and seeing a long white rectangular box.

"Aw, Aireka. It's beautiful." I cooed as I opened the jewelry box to see a diamond bracelet with the infinity symbol in the middle. "Thank you." I said hugging her.

"It's a friendship bracelet." She smiled as she held up her wrist and showed me hers. I smiled before hugging her again.

"Put it on me." I said holding out my wrist.

"Nah, it won't match your outfit." She said making me smack my lips before we both busted out laughing.

"Where's London and Ms. Yolanda?" I asked her as she sat me down at the vanity to do my hair and makeup.

"I can't tell you." She sang. She turned on some music and began doing my hair and makeup. She curled my hair with her wand and put half of it up, in an updo.

"You look beautiful Mookie." She smiled as she stepped away from me. I looked at myself in the mirror and almost started crying. I hadn't been done up in a while and I had to give Aireka her props, she did her thing. "How'd I do? It's my first time doing a contour." She informed me.

"It looks great, thank you." I grinned as I continued to stare at myself in the mirror. She left to get my outfit as I continued to look at myself. I looked and felt pretty.

"No panties tonight, right?" Aireka asked as she came back in with a peach colored jumpsuit and a nude colored blazer.

"Yes I'm wearing panties." I scoffed.

"But it's your birthday. Y'all are probably gonna fuck on the table anyway." She shrugged making me blush.

"No we aren't. We're not having sex until after the baby is born, I'm too far along." I explained to her.

"Lies." She sang making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I huffed as she helped me into my black thong and then did the clasp on my black strapless bra.

"Okay, hold onto my shoulders." She told me as she kneeled to the floor. I lifted one foot at a time so I could step into it. She pulled the jumpsuit up and adjusted it. She handed the blazer to me before pulling out a pair of nude Christian Louboutin's and the nude Chanel bag the kids got me.

"I can't wear those. Chris would kill me." I said eyeing the pumps.

"It's your birthday." She shrugged.

"True." I smirked as she helped me into them. I put my promise ring on, put on my large gold hoop earrings, and slipped on the gold Hermés bracelet I got for my birthday as well.

"Aw. You look great Mookie." She smiled. She got her phone from the bed and told me to pose as she took my picture. I placed both hands on my stomach and smiled as she took the picture.

"Okay, I gotta go. Chris should be here in a minute. Have fun tonight." She said as she fingered a few of my curls into place. "See you later, love you." She said as she got her purse and headed for the door.

"Thanks, love you too." I called to her.

As I waited for Chris to come pick me up I decided to call Jerome to see how his day was. I had about twenty minutes before he came to pick me up.

One of his birthday presents was a little cheap prepaid phone. Since he wasn't allowed to have his actual phone with him while he was in rehab. This phone didn't have internet or a camera so he couldn't access porn or anything like that.

The only thing he could do was call and text certain people. I knew for a fact he didn't memorize anybody's number so I just programmed my number, the kids numbers, his siblings, and Mike's number.

"Hello." He said picking up on the third ring. I laughed to myself before speaking.

"Hey." I said.

"Wassup?" He asked.

"Nothing, just called to check on you. How was your day with the kids?" I asked him.

"It's was cool. I enjoyed myself. Thanks for the gifts and the cake." He said making me smile.

"That's good. No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday." I told him.

"Yeah. How's your day been?" He asked.

"Good." I said before I proceeded to tell him the events of today. Just as I was about to tell him what Aireka got me, I heard the front door open.

I didn't want to be rude and rush Jerome off the phone but I wanted to see my man. I stood up from the couch and anticipated his arrival. I was so excited to see him and I spent almost the whole day with him. Shame.

I heard Jerome talking but all of my focus was on the man standing in front of me. I subconsciously licked my lips as I took in his appearance. His outfit was simple but he made it look hella good. Especially that booty.

He had on a white Polo Ralph Lauren button down, a pair of khaki pants, and Louboutin loafers.

"Let me call you back." I said into the phone before tossing it on the couch.

"Hi." Chris smirked as I continued staring at him. He slowly approached me and then gave me a hug. I grabbed him by his shirt and kissed him.

"Hey." I smirked as I pulled away from him. I laughed to myself as I saw the smeared nude lipstick on his lips. I got a few wipes from my purse and wiped him clean.

"The fuck is on your feet?" He asked, noticing my heels. I was also planning on bringing the flats I bought today.

"It's my birthday." I smiled innocently. He gave me a look before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the house.

"Happy Birthday Baby." He said handing me a bouquet of red roses that he got from the passenger seat of his car.

"Thank you babe." I smiled as I took them and then gave him a peck on the lips. He helped me in the car and then went to the other side and got in the driver's side.

"You trust me?" He asked turning and facing me. I looked at him with confusion evident on my face.

"I think so." I mumbled. He laughed before pulling a blindfold from the backseat and handing it to me. "The hell Chris?" I asked smacking my lips.

"Just put it on." He laughed. I took a deep breath before tying it behind my head. I just prayed this damn thing didn't mess up my makeup or my lashes.

We rode around for about half an hour before the car stopped. I heard Chris get out of the car and come over to my side.

"Chris if you let me fall I swear I'll bre-"

"Shut up, I got you." He said wrapping his arm securely around my waist and pulling my body into his.

Chris led me to our destination without me busting my ass. He sat me down and then allowed me to take off my blindfold.

I blinked my eyes a few times to let them adjust to the lighting. The lights were dim and there were candles on the table that we were seated at. I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face as I saw the rose petals and candles on the table.

"It's beautiful Chris." I grinned.

"Glad you like it babe." He smirked.

"But baby, where are we?" I asked looking around. It looked like we were in the dining room of somebody's house instead of a restaurant. It was a nice ass dining room though.

"A friends house." He responded with a smirk on his face. I shrugged before settling back in my seat and taking in my surroundings. "Ready to eat?" He asked me.

"You know it." I sang. Chris clapped his hands and Aaliyah appeared carrying a tray with two plates on them.

"My baby." I laughed as she sat a Caesar salad in front of me. She looked so cute. She had on black pants, a white button up, and an apron on. She looked so cute.

"Happy Birthday Mama." She smiled at me as she kissed my cheek. She gave Chris his salad too before going back into the kitchen. I smiled at him as he said grace for us. I couldn't wipe this smile off my face no matter how hard I tried.

After we finished our salad, Chris clapped his hands once again and Austin came out with a platter in his hands. Once he sat the platter on the table I realized it was stuffed mushrooms, my mouth watered at the sight and smell of them.

"Happy Birthday Ma." He said kissing my cheek just as Aaliyah had done. He took our salad bowls before leaving the dining room. I faced Chris, he was dishing out the mushrooms onto my plate.

"Chris." I said, calling his name to get his attention. He looked up from the plate of mushrooms and at me. "You're amazing baby, thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome baby." He smirked.

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked. He leaned over and kissed my lips. My hand came up to the side of his face to hold him in place as he made love to my lips. "I love you." I said after he pulled away.

"I love you too baby." He said pecking my lips once more. He passed my plate of mushrooms to me before sitting back in his seat.

"Babe." I said, getting his attention.

"Yeah?" He asked, he had some of the sauce from the mushrooms on his bottom lip so I used my thumb to wipe it off.

"You know how you told me you were a stripper." I laughed as I took a sip of my water. He gave me a look before nodding his head. "I want a dance." I smirked.

"Hell no." He said smacking his lips.

"But Chris." I laughed.

"Nope." He scoffed.

"Baby please." I giggled. "You used to dance for strangers but you won't even dance for your own best friend?" I asked, trying make him feel bad.

"I don't dance anymore, I'm retired." He replied, making me bust out laughing.

"You can't come out of retirement for me?" I asked, pecking his lips.

"I'll think about it." He mumbled. I smiled at him, because whenever he says that, the answer is almost always yes.

"You need more water?" Chris asked. I looked at my glass to see it was empty and that there was only ice left. I nodded my head and smirked when Chris clapped.

"Jerome!" I yelled when I saw him come out with a pitcher of water. Just like Liyah and Austin he had on black and white with an apron.

"Happy Birthday Armoni." He said kissing my cheek after he filled my glass of water up. I was still in disbelief that he was here. Did he escape or something?

"What the hell is he doing here?" I asked.

"They let him out for his birthday. He's been home since around noon. He wanted to surprise you." Chris informed me.

"Y'all are so sweet." I sighed as I tried to control my emotions. I didn't want to bust out crying at the table but I was so happy and filled with joy.

"Happy tears?" Chris asked as he wiped my tears away with his thumb. I leaned in to kiss him and he pecked my lips.

"What was that?" I asked with an attitude.

"Gon' Mookie." Chris laughed when I tried to kiss him again. He didn't want my lipstick all over his face but he wasn't about to get away with giving me that little ass kiss.

"I want a real kiss." I said smacking my lips.

"Later." He mumbled before pecking my lips again. I went back to my food and finished the mushrooms that were on my plate before taking a few sips of water.

"So y'all squashed y'all's beef?" I asked, referring to the altercation between him and Jerome.

"I'm a grown ass man, I don't beef." Chris said with a slight attitude.

"Well excuse me." I scoffed.

"Shut up." He laughed. "I didn't mean it like that. I just don't have time to argue with another grown ass man about irrelevant shit. It's unnecessary." He shrugged.

"I agree." I nodded.

I watched him as he ate. Never in a million years did I think I'd be here in this situation at this time. Divorced from Jerome after having four of his kids. In love with Chris and pregnant with his baby in a matter of months. It all happened quickly but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The bond that Chris and I share, is so strong it's unexplainable. We were friends for seven whole years before even thinking of being anything more. Our friendship is solid, it's the foundation for what's to come later in our lives.

"Get your son Chris." I mumbled as he kicked me in my ribs hard as hell making me hiss. This boy is too much for me.

"Calm down champ." He said touching my stomach. I laughed at the little name he gave him before taking in a deep breath.

"I have to use the bathroom." I told him.

"For real?" He asked.

"Nah, for fake." I said looking at him like he was stupid. He smacked his lips before getting up from the table and leaving.

"This is gonna sound stupid but you gotta put the blindfold back on." He said coming back into the room with it in his hand.

"Why Chris?" I asked.

"Cause. Just put it on before you pee on yourself. You'll understand later." He said making me huff. I took the blindfold from him and tied it around my head.

He wrapped his arm tightly around me and led me to the bathroom. After finishing my business in the restroom, I had to tie it around my head again. Once I was seated at the table again Chris let me take it off.

He clapped his hands and Jr. appeared with two plates of food in his hand.

"Don't drop it baby, be careful." I told him.

"Yes ma'am." He mumbled, concentrating on making it to the table without spilling or dropping anything. My baby looked so cute trying to concentrate.

"He got it, leave him alone." Chris said.

He placed the plate of food in front of me and then gave Chris his. He kissed my cheek and told me happy birthday like the others did. He gave Chris dap before he ran out of the room.

I looked down at my plate and my mouth watered. Steak, seafood Alfredo with angel hair pasta, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. I picked up my knife and fork and cut into my steak.

It tasted like perfection.

"Baby, this is so delicious." I moaned as I tasted the mashed potatoes. After I had tasted everything I was pleased. "Who cooked? Did you have it catered?"

"Me." He smirked.

"Nu uh." I said smacking my lips.

"You act like I can't cook." He laughed.

"I know you can cook, but damn Lamont." I mumbled before stuffing more food in my mouth. "You outdid yourself with this one babe." I told him honestly.

Chris tried to make conversation but I wasn't trying to do any talking. I was too focused on trying to eat.

"Babe, can I have some of your mashed potatoes?" I asked him with a smile on my face. He rolled his eyes dramatically as he scooped some of his potatoes onto my plate. "Thanks babe." I grinned.

"If we get married, would you want a big wedding or a small wedding?" He asked.

"Small. Just family and close friends." I replied before taking a bite of my steak. He nodded his head before taking a drink of his beer. "At our church of course, I don't want a wedding party. Just me and you."

"Simple huh?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Let's just go to Vegas." He suggested.

"No sir." I said shaking my head.

"Court house?" He asked.

"A church Christopher." I laughed.

"Whatever you want babe." He laughed.

"That was great baby. I really enjoyed it." I said stealing a piece of asparagus from his plate and eating it.

"Glad you liked it." He said moving his plate so I couldn't steal food off his plate anymore. "Imma slap you Mookie." He said smacking his lips as I stole some more asparagus.

"I can't help it, it's so good." I groaned.

"I can tell." He joked.

He clapped his hands and Zyonn came out and cleared the table.

"Happy Birthday my nigga." He said kissing my cheek.

"Boy." I said popping his arm.

"I'm playing Aunt Mookie, happy birthday. Love you." He said hugging me. He took the empty plates from the table and as soon as he left Jaydon and Jaylon came out holding pints of gelato.

"My babies." I cooed as Jaydon placed a pint of Salted Caramel Gelato in front of me before handing me a spoon.

"Happy Birthday Mama." He said grabbing my face and kissing me. Jaylon tried to give me a kiss as well but Jaydon pushed him. Jaylon hit him back and they began fighting.

Lord help.

"Aye, cut that out." Chris told them sternly before I could intervene. Surprisingly they both stopped mid swing.

"Apologize." He told them. Both of them mumbled sorry to each other before they hugged. "Tell your Mama happy birthday and go back in the kitchen."

"Happy Birthday Mama." They both told me. I kissed both of them before they went back into the kitchen.

"Okay then, Daddy Chris." I smirked.

"Don't start." He said smacking his lips with a slight smirk on his face. I shrugged my shoulders before giving him a smirk of my own. "You're so pretty baby." He said making me blush.

"Don't start Chris." I groaned, looking away from him.

"I didn't do anything." He chuckled.

"You know what you're doing." I said eyeing him playfully.

"Whatever you say Mookie." He smirked. I ate my salted caramel gelato as Chris ate his pint of Rocky Road ice cream.

"Chris, do you want more kids?" I asked him as I licked my spoon. He looked at me like I was crazy before shaking his head.

"Hell no." He scoffed.

"I was just asking." I laughed.

"You already knew the answer before you asked, hell." He said making me laugh even harder. Chris never wanted kids, which is why he always spoiled mine.

Now that London is here he's so in love with her it's beautiful. I know he'll be the same way with Christian.

"Two is enough for me baby." He sighed.

"Ditto." I agreed.

"Dinner was great baby. Thank you so much for spending the day with me, my gifts, and most importantly your love. The things you do don't go unnoticed and I really appreciate you. I'm glad I have you in my life and I love you." I told Chris as I leaned over to him and puckered my lips.

"You're welcome Mama, love you too." He said before kissing me. He tried to pull away but I kissed him again.

"Shit." I hissed.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked concerned.

"Your son." I mumbled, placing my hand on my stomach to try and calm him down. I rubbed my stomach in a soothing manner as I took slow deep breaths.

"Calm down in there champ." He said reaching across the table and touching my stomach. I laughed at the silly name he calls him before taking a sip of water.

"You ready to be a daddy again?" I asked him with a smirk. Chris is an excellent dad to London and I know that there will be no exception when it comes to Christian. I'm blessed to have two loving men that are great fathers to my children.

"I don't have a choice do I?" He asked with a smirk. I hit his arm and he laughed. "Yeah baby, I'm ready."

"It's gonna be hard." I admitted. Taking care of a newborn, an infant, and two toddlers. Not to mention the four older kids I have. I don't know how I'm going to balance, school, work, volunteering, my kids, church, Jerome's career, my friends and family. It's just so much to do.

"It is, but I got you. Anything you need, just let Daddy know and I'll take care of it." He smirked a little before kissing me as I laughed. "We're in this together babe."

"Thank you Chris." I smiled faintly. "I think I'm gonna have to drop out of school for right now though. It's too much going on in my life and I can always go back lat-"

"Hell no. You're gonna finish." He told me.

"I know I'm gonna finish Chris, just not now." I explained to him. I was getting my doctorate degree, I'd just have to put it off for a little longer.

"Yes, now." He scoffed. "You've put your dreams on hold for everybody else for too damn long Mookie." He said making me sigh. "You're getting that degree, I don't care what you have to do, you're getting it." He said sternly.

"Chris I just have too many responsibilities right now." I sighed as I rested my chin on my fist and looked at him.

"Nigga, all of your responsibilities are my responsibilities. We're in this shit together Mook. I gotchu baby." He said making me smile. "You don't like your job anyway so you might as well quit." He shrugged.

"I need my job Christopher. I have kids to support." I sighed. Although Jerome is on monthly child support and alimony, I just don't feel right letting him take care of me while I just sit at home with no job.

"That's what you got me for nigga." He said flicking my nose. "Go to school and get that degree Mama, I'll worry about the rest babe." He said kissing me.

"No Chris." I huffed.

"We'll talk about this later." He said giving me a look. I rolled my eyes before sitting back in my seat. "Why you gotta attitude?" He asked making me sigh.

"I don't have an attitude." I mumbled.

"Whatever Mook." He said shaking his head at me.

"Can we go have sex now?" I asked him, making him bust out laughing. I smacked my lips before smirking. "It's my birthday."

"Nigga I know it's your birthday. You still not getting no díck." He said before he bust out laughing again.

"You're so damn rude." I mumbled.

"That's fine." He shrugged nonchalantly. I glared at him for about five whole minutes straight before we both bust out laughing.

"Thank you for tonight baby. I really do appreciate it baby. It means a lot to me." I smiled before kissing him.

"It's not over yet baby. You got a few more surprises before the night is over." He said making me smile.

"Chris you've already done enough baby." I said hitting his arm. He smirked before standing me up and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Let's go take a look at the house." He said grabbing my hand and leading me to the stairs. As we walked throughout the house I was lowkey creeped out.

The same exact furniture that I had at my house was the same furniture that was in this house. The chairs, couches, lamps, rugs, paintings, sculptures. Everything was exactly the same. It even had duplicates of all the pictures that were up in the house. It was safe to say I was confused as hell and creeped out.

"Uh babe I-"

"Sssshh." Chris said as we entered a room. He pushed the door open and it looked like an office. It looked exactly like my office back at my house, well before Chris and Jerome destroyed it.

I looked at the wall behind the desk to see different color hand prints. Some were big and some were small. There we pictures of my kids on my desk and the walls, as well as my diplomas.

"Chris ...."

"Happy Birthday Baby." He said kissing the top of my head.

"Wait, I'm confused." I whined.

"It's yours Mookie." He chuckled.

"What is?" I asked.

"The house." He replied.

"How?" I asked raising my eyebrow. Then it dawned on me. "Chris, you bought me a house?" I asked looking up at him.

"Happy Birthday." He smirked.

"Christopher, you bought me a house." I repeated, on the verge of tears. I covered my face with both of my hands and cried. This man just bought me a whole house.

"Happy tears?" He asked. I nodded my head as he pulled me into his chest for a hug and rocked me from side to side.

"I can't accept this Chris. It's too much." I hiccuped. This house to have been a few million dollars. It was much bigger than the house I was living in now and it had more land and that house was ten million.

"Its already paid for Mama, you have to." He chuckled as he rubbed my back.

"Why would you do this?" I asked him.

"You said you wanted to move so you could have a fresh start and more room for the kids." He shrugged.

"You actually listen to me?" I asked.

"Of course baby." He chuckled.

"Are you moving in too?" I asked.

"No, this is your house baby." He told me making me sigh. Things would be so much easier if Chris were to move in but I have other kids to think about. I would have to consider my kids and Jerome's feelings about Chris moving in.

"Thank you Chris." I said as I hugged him.

"You got one more gift." He said pointing to my desk. I looked at it to see a brand new laptop. "That's twenty four karat gold, courtesy of Jerome." He informed me.

"Thank y'all, so much." I laughed. Just as I was about to ask where everyone was, the door bust open. In came my family.

"Manny, you're here." I said throwing my arms around him and hugging him. All of my family was here, literally. My siblings, Jerome's siblings, Tatiyana and Stanley, Mike and the kids, Ashlyn, and Aireka.

"Happy Birthday." They all yelled.

"Thank y'all." I giggled.

My mom pushed Jerome close to me so they could present us with the cakes and sing happy birthday to us. We had two separate cakes, mine was white and pink and his was gray and black.

"Happy Birthday." I told Jerome as we hugged.

"Thanks, you too." He smirked.

"Thanks for my new laptop." I smiled.

"You're welcome." He said draping his arm around my shoulders. "So what are you gonna do with the old house?" He asked as Aireka handed me a piece of cake.

"It's your house Jerome." I shrugged.

"It's in your name Armoni." He smirked.

"You paid for it." I replied.

"Man, what you wanna do with that damn house?" He huffed making me laugh.

"You can have it, sell it, it doesn't really matter to me Jerome." I shrugged.

"So you wouldn't mind if I moved back in?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Of course not." I scoffed. After our little conversation I just sat back and watched everyone as I ate my cake. Chris wouldn't let me have ice cream since I'd just eaten a whole pint of gelato.

As I sat beside Jerome, the conversation between Chris and I had about the three miscarriages, popped into my head. Now was not the time to tell him but when I did tell him, it needed to be in person.

"When are you going back?" I asked him.

"I have to be back tomorrow at noon." He informed me making me nod my head. I didn't know he was allowed to stay out of rehab overnight.

"Before you go back I have to talk to you about something important. We can go to breakfast or something before church." I suggested making him nod. He probably wouldn't go to church since he had to be back at noon. I don't know who'd take him back but it wasn't going to be me. I wasn't about to miss church for a three hour long car ride.

"Okay, that's fine with me." He shrugged.

"Why are you being so nonchalant?" I asked eyeing him. he wasn't being his normal self and it was worrying me.

"That shitty ass food they be feeding us got my damn stomach hurting." He groaned, laying his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." I pouted. An idea popped into my head. "What if I made you dinner and brought it to you on Saturdays. I'll make big portions so it'll last you through the week. You'll just have to freeze it to keep it fresh." I suggested.

"You'd do that for me?" He asked looking at me.

"Duh." I scoffed.

"Thank you." He said leaning up to kiss my forehead. "You finished?" He asked me, nodding to my empty cake plate.

"Thanks." I said handing it to him. After he left, I just sat back and watched everyone. Chris was talking to my mom while trying to put London to sleep with Jaydon in his lap. Mike, Manny, my dad and Jeremy were all talking together. Tatiyana and Stanley were hugged up together. Jr was talking Aireka's ear off and the rest of my kids were playing around. Ms. Yolanda was holding Arianna while talking to Ashlyn and Justycee.

I smirked a little to myself as I saw Jerome approach Ashlyn. She looked up at him with a grin before he grabbed her hand and led her out of the room.

My nosey ass got my pregnant butt up and followed them. I heard the beep of the alarm system, indicating that the front door was opened. I waited a few moments before going to the front door and peaking through the window.

They left the front door slightly ajar so I could hear their conversation.

"I missed you." Ashlyn said wrapping her arms around Jerome's neck. Ashlyn was tall for a woman so she was able to do it with ease. I smirked as she pecked his lips before pulling back and smiling at him.

"Missed you too." He mumbled before he picked her up and settled her on his hips. She wrapped her legs around his waist and leaned in to kiss him again. My eyes widened and I smirked as they deepened the kiss, it looked like they were about to eat each others faces off.

"Whatcha doing nosey?" I heard Mike say from behind me making me jump.

"Nothing." I said quickly. He gave me a look before walking towards the widow were I was spying on Jerome and Ashlyn from.

"Jerome, baby we can't have sex on the porch." I heard Ashlyn say before laughing. Knowing Jerome, he'd probably try.

"My bad." He chuckled before I heard a loud smack.

"Ouch." Ashlyn groaned.

"No panties." He said, I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Um, I think we should go now." I whispered to Mike.

"Is he even allowed to be doing that?" Mike asked raising his eyebrow.

"I don't know." I shrugged. Jerome doesn't tell me much about his therapy sessions or the guidelines he has to follow at rehab. He doesn't say much about it all. All that I know about his stay at rehab is that the food is nasty and he's bored all the time.

"I'm glad they're together. She makes him happy." I told Mike as we walked back to where everyone else was.

"Yeah. He deserves to be happy." Mike said making me nod in agreement.

"Have you talked to Andrea?" I asked him. She didn't come tonight and I haven't seen her since the day Mike and I met up for breakfast.

"Yeah." He mumbled. I looked at him expectantly and he sighed. "I'm filing." Was all he said making my heart drop.

"Mike .." I trailed off.

"I'm filing for legal separation Monday morning and I decided to sign with the Knicks. After the season is over we're going to counseling." He explained making me sigh.

"I don't know what to say." I chuckled.

"Imma always be here for you Mook. You know that, the distance won't affect us. we're family. I love you." He said pulling me in for a hug.

"Love you too." I mumbled. "I know you're not crying Mookie." He said rubbing my back. I sighed before taking a deep breath.

"Does Jerome know you're leaving?" I asked, not only are they like brothers. They're teammates. I know that Mike's leaving will affect him a lot. They've been friends for twelve years.

"He knows. He's the one that told me to do ahead and sign. It's the best thing to do for me right now." He told me.

"Well, I'm happy for you. I'll support you one hundred percent." I told him.

"Thanks Mookie, I appreciate it." He said before kissing the top of my head. I linked my arm with his and we walked back into the room with everybody else. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was late. It was passed the kids bed time but since tomorrow was Sunday they could sleep in a little since they didn't have school.

After thanking everyone for coming out to help celebrate my birthday, I kicked them out of my house. The only people left were the people that live here, Chris, London, and Ms. Yolanda.

"Thank you for today baby, it's been the best birthday I've ever had." I said hugging him from behind. He was washing dishes at the sink. "I appreciate it."

"You're welcome baby." He said turning the water off and turning to face me. He kissed my lips as his hands made their way down to my ass.

"Can you stay the night?" I asked kissing him again.

"I got Momma and London with me baby, I can't." He said caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"They're already upstairs. Ms. Yolanda's in the guest room and London is asleep in the nursery." I informed him.

"Sneaky ass." He mumbled.

"So can we break in my new bed or nah?" I asked with a smirk on my face. He rolled his eyes dramatically making me laugh.

"I guess." He huffed. "How you want it?" He asked making me blush.

"Anyway you give it to me daddy." I said rubbing him through his pants. He laughed before grabbing my hand and leading me through the house.

Next chapter will be in Jerome's POV.

Mike is moving to New York and filing for legal separation.

Mike and Drea eventually working on their marriage.

Thoughts on Jerome and Ashlyn?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.9K 32
After Kings passing, Tameka decided to take over the empire. Building his legacy day by day Tameka just knew he was watching her smiling. Knowing he...
13.7K 396 58
3 lives interconnected together. One side has a childhood crush, while the other two are madly in love. When a turn of events takes place hearts are...
67.1K 11.2K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...
4.9K 165 32
Hurt ; Betrayal ; Love These are things everyone goes through, but would you trust again after being hurt by the same person again and again? Me...