Play that Song (Given x Reade...

By unfinished_writer

A story of how a lazy teen met a boy with history and a boy who was tired REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED!!! War... More

Forewarning!!!
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Valentine's Day Special
Chapter 18
Character Info 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 10

2.4K 118 30
By unfinished_writer

Y/n POV:

I was in shock.

Complete and utter shock.

Everything about the music took my breath away.

There is something unreal about listening to the music coming from the instruments in real life.

I haven't heard anything like this in such a long time.

It almost reminds me of...

It sounds almost like...

...like he was back again...

...And he never left.

The music was incredible, there was no other way to put it.

It filled the room like there was no one in it.

All I heard was music.

Music that was so entrancing and I kept wanting more

I wanted to say something but I couldn't. All my emotions couldn't form into words.

So I just sat there, staring at them with my mouth and eyes-wide-open, gaping like a fish.

I covered my mouth with my hand, trying not to be rude. I look over to Mafuyu and see he has the same expression of shock, except his mouth is less open. I turn back to face the players. They are all looking at us, expecting so kind of review or comment. Not wanting it to be silent anymore, I speak up.

"Uh...T-that...w-was..." I start, sounding a bit serious and stuttering my words. I pause for a second, recollecting my thoughts. Seeing the players look at me expectingly, I lose my words again. Taking a deep breath, I stand up and I clear my mind of everything but a few words.

"THAT WAS F!CKING AMAZING!!! WHAT THE HELL?!! HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD!!!" I shouted out, surprising everyone in the room. Mafuyu continued to look off into space.

"Uhhh..." Haruki said, not expecting that great of a reaction, while Kaji just looked at me with slightly wide eyes. Uenoyama only looked at me with a proud look on his face. They were all tired from playing so hard, but you could see that my words enthralled them a bit. Before they could say anything, I interrupted again.

"Thanks for letting us watch you guys," I say in a calmer demeanour. "It brings back some memories," I finish, leaving them all confused. However, before they can ask me about it, my phone beings playing a stupid ringtone, signifying my brother is calling me. I try to grab my phone before it says anything stupid, but I can't seem to grab it

"Take that back Leorio," I hear Kurapika's automated voice say, still fumbling with my phone. "I said take it back."

"It's MR. Leo-" I cut Leorio off by pressing the pick-up button.

"Dude, why are you calling me?" I ask, still embarrassed and annoyed at the ringtone he put on my phone and that he was calling me.

"Wow, not even a hello," I hear Hiroshi sarcastically say. "I was just wondering when your lame ass was going home. Like I said earlier, I'm not putting up missing posters," he says, sounding agitated and slightly worried, not that he would admit it. He puts up a facade and acts all cool, but I know deep down he does care about me and mom.

"Are you worrying about me? Don't worry I'm not cheating on you," I lightly tease calmly, not wanting to make anyone else in the room think that I am talking to a crazy person. Unknown to me, four breaths slightly stopped when I said those words and their hearts fell a bit, assuming I was talking to a boyfriend or lover.

"Pfft...don't make me laugh," he says. I can almost hear his smirk across the phone and I roll my eyes. "So, are you done with whatever you were doing?" he asks impatiently.

"Wait a sec," I say and turn to face the other people in the room. "Are you guys done practicing?" I calmly ask, hoping they won't ask who I'm talking to. I see Haruki slightly nod, showing that they were. "Yeah, we are," I answer Hiroshi, "Can you pick me up?"

"Sure, as long as I can annoy and embarrass you," he says, slightly laughing at the idea. "Where are you?" he asks. I slightly pause, not even knowing where I am.

'I really should have been paying attention when Uenoyama was leading us here,' I think, partially sweat-dropping.

"Uhh, do you guys have the name of this place?" I ask the three band members as they begin to put their equipment away, hoping they'd tell me.

"BLA Studio," Kaji said, putting his drum-sticks in his bag.

"BLA Studio, it's kinda near the school," I tell Hiroshi, hoping he knew where I was.

"Yeah, I know where it is, I'll be there a few, I just have to change and pack my students shi- I mean homework up," I hear some papers rustle in the background, showing he's still at the college. Hiroshi decided to teach English to 18-25-year-olds for a living and I could never understand why he chose it. I could never imagine dealing with a bunch of dumbasses for a living, even if it paid well.

"That's what you get for picking the most boring job in the world," I tease him, making him scoff. Before he can retort, I interrupt him. "I'll see you in a few, try not to do anything illegal." I hang up the phone, but not before I hear an exaggerated gasp.

'He was probably going to say "Me? I would never break the law..." Yeah ok, tell that to the stop sign that sat on your floor for 5 years. I think he might still have it too since he didn't get rid of it when he moved out.'

I look back to the group and see that three of them are still packing up and the other is looking off into space. I sigh, knowing it was his first time listening to music like this, I wouldn't consider my attempt his first time since he didn't get to hear it with both earbuds in; it's only half of the sound.

My eyes slowly wander over Uenoyama wrapping his cords up. "Hey, Uenoyama!" I said, raising my voice so he would hear it. He looks over to me, slightly confused. "How long have you been playing?" I ask, slightly pointing towards his guitar.

"Since sixth grade," he replies, sounding slightly tired.

"Hmmm...Ok!" I respond, making him even more confused. Before he can question me, I interrupt him. What is it with me always interrupting people? I may never know.

"I could never get my hands to switch cords as easily as you do, but both you and Haruki make it look so effortless," I said with a slight smile, remembering the past. My smile quickly turns to a frown as soon as I remember it. I shake my head, trying to get the thought out of my head.

My actions and words leave Uenoyama even more confused than before. He seems to be thinking through something in his head, but I couldn't tell what.

Suddenly, I become curious about the other bandmates. Since they don't go to our school, I don't know anything about them. For some reason, I always like to know something small about everyone, it makes sure no one is mysterious to me.

"Hey, Haruki! Kaji!" I exclaim, making their heads turn to me. They were finishing packing up their final things, ready to go home. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you guys?" I question with an innocent tone.

'I don't want them to think I'm a stalker. Wait... I already am though. FIne, I don't want them to think I even more of a stalker.'

"20," Kaji replies with barely any hesitation.

Haruki waits a few moments, looking slightly nervous. "Uh...22," he finally answers me.

'So he is the oldest, huh? Neither of them looks the age they told me though.'

"Really? You both look like you be 18," I tell them, not thinking anything of my words. I find that when I'm in a good mood, I don't filter my words as much and don't think them through. This unfortunately means, I could hurt someone's feelings or upset someone easily when I'm happy, which leads me to say 'Sorry' way too much, especially to those I don't know or if I'm in public.

Thankfully, they don't get offended. Haruki looks away from me, but I assume it's cause I complimented him. He looks very cute in this state. Kaji only has a slight smile, but it's better than his blank face. I mean, either way, he's attractive, but it's better when he's smiling.

I pause for a minute, going through my thoughts again. Heat rises to cheeks faster than anyone can blink. I look over at the other two teenagers, hoping to get some reassurance or a distraction from either of them. Uenoyama is only looking at me, still confused from before. If it's even possible, my cheeks turn even redder. Finally, I look down, knowing it will offer me more reassurance than anyone in the room.

'Why is everyone in this band so damn attractive?!'

Before I can pass out from embarrassment, I hear a slight ding come from my back, shaking me out of my flustered state. I already know it's Hiroshi, so I don't check it, but I'm still thankful for him.

"My ride's here," I say, making them all look at me, almost with a longing look in their eyes. Haruki suddenly speaks up, surprising me slightly.

"We'll walk you out, we're going the same way anyway."

I'm slightly torn at the predicament in front of me.

'Do I want them to see Hiroshi and let him ruin any impression I gave to them or do I say 'Screw it" and walk out with them? I'm leaning more towards the second option. I mean, what could Hiroshi do? Wait... don't think like that, he could be out there in a maid outfit for all you know. He looks good in it, but it attracts too much attention.'

"Screw it, I'll walk with you," I say, making my resolve concrete.

And with that we walk out of the studio, but not without me leaving the others slightly confused about what I meant.

Hiii!!! So I'm back rather quicker than I thought. Turns out I can switch emotions quite fast. I got the COVID test today so I'm a bit nervous but a few things get me through it. One, any of those dancing anime character videos, they make me way too happy. Two, any EraserDust videos, they are either cute or funny and make my day. And three, anyone adding my story to their reading list or commenting or voting on the chapters. Thank you guys a lot!

I was going to have a nice bonding moment in this chapter between Y/n and Hiroshi, but I'll move that to the next chapter. Plus some music and some random facing. Yeah, there are times I forget this is not a crackfic, but I'm going to go a little crazy in the next one. Y/n is just going to have fun.

I hope I remembered everything I was going to write. Sorry for the filler, I feel terrible, but it has to be done. I think I may do some flack back for some other charter POV of the meeting, but IDK. Also, please know that I don't think I can't write romance very well, so yeah, any feedback would be appreciated. 

I've never been in a relationship before, so any romantic love is unknown to me. BUT, I do know fluff, so I'll write that and see how it goes!

Have a good day/evening,

-Kyra

(1888 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 1.7K 60
!TRIGGER WARNING! self harm, suicide, major angst, depression, eating disorder i'd recommend not reading this if you're under 13 or 14 just because o...
24.8K 706 12
REPUBLISHED AND DISCONTINUED The mystery behind them was the only thing he never solved. (Damn that sounds cheesy) Gender Neutral Reader (they/the...
269K 8.1K 79
A Deku×OC×Bakugou story ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To Izuku, everything was perfect; perfect friends, perfect rival (with whom he is in love with), perfect t...
3.7K 194 33
OC + DKBK fanfiction. The UA has a new educational implementation: university degrees. In the middle of the second year out of three, they meet a n...