Potter

By lillyanbrooks

Lily Potter is an average 15 year old living in the United States in 2011. When magic upheaves her life and d... More

Potter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapterlette 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(Alternate)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33(FINALLY)
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Epilogue: Part 1/7
Epilogue : Part 2/7
Epilogue : Part 3/7
Epilogue : Part 4/7
Epilogue : Part 5/7
Epilogue : Part 6/7
Epilogue : Part 7/7

Chapter 35

86.5K 2.6K 1.5K
By lillyanbrooks

Chapter 35

I sat at the top of the staircase, staring at the closed door of the dining room. An Order meeting was almost done, and if Sirius kept his promise, he would be addressing the Order about the possibility of me going to Hogwarts this year.

Remus had put in his thoughts, saying while he wasn't a huge fan of the idea he'd support it during the meeting, and I have to admit, I was grateful. Remus was usually the image of reason when it came to things like this, and people very rarely disagreed with him.

Lost in thought, I hadn't realized that the meeting had ended and people were starting to walk out until Sirius called my name, and looking up I saw him standing in the hallway with Remus and Kingsley, all of whom were having serious expression.

"Yeah?" I replied as I pulled myself up, walking down the stairs to join them. Kingsley gave me a small smile.

"We have a few things to discuss about you going back to Hogwarts- if you'll take a seat." He said, gesturing to the dining room table. Nodding, I walked in with the three of them, sitting down next to Remus and across from Sirius and Kingsley.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked, and Sirius bit his lips before speaking.

"The Order has agreed that going back to Hogwarts is your choice, though I suggest you steer clear of Molly for a bit- she wasn't too thrilled with the idea, and she'll probably want to speak with you later. If you are going back though you can't go under your current name. Kingsley, however, has agreed that he can probably get ahold of the list of magical children in your year and add a name to them."

I frowned slightly at that, switching my gaze from Sirius to Kingsley.

"Couldn't that loose you your job?" I asked, and Kingsley smiled at me.

"The witch who runs that department isn't a supporter of You-know-who. She'll be more than happy to help me get in and out fast enough."

"Are you sure? Because you getting caught would be very, very bad."

"I'm sure- it would be wise to have connections to the Order inside Hogwarts besides. If you're willing, of course." He said it with a casual tone, though by the way he was looking at me I knew there was really no way I could turn it down if I wanted to do this. It was to important to not be done.

"Yes- of course." I nodded quickly, and both Sirius and Remus smiled at me encouragingly, though both of them- Remus especially- looking mildly concerned as I continued, "But- how will communicate with the Order? They'll likely have all the fireplaces watched, and the owls."

"That we haven't figured out yet, though we're thinking of trying to find something the ministry wouldn't expect- muggle communication methods of some sort."

"Would that work in Hogwarts?"

"We're not sure." Remus sighed, looking grim. "We can only hope it does- if it not, I'm sure we'll find a way to work something out."

"We have people looking for backup options." Kingsley added, nodding once as if in confirmation with himself. I nodded with him, feeling slightly overwhelmed. Sirius must've caught onto to me, though as he looked over and smiled softly.

"I know we were all hesitant at first- Hell, I still am- but we've figured that if you're going back to Hogwarts we're going to go for it, a hundred percent."

"Leave no page unturned, so to speak." Remus agreed, and smiling weakly I spoke.

"I'm just worried, I mean- I'm not the most responsible person, I know that. I don't want to mess this up."

"You won't." Sirius reassured me, shaking his head. "We're currently workign to see if there's anyone we can station in Hogsmeade to work with you- We'll be talking to the Weasley's about it in the morning."

"The Weasley's?"

"Fred and George." Kingsley said quietly. "They have their joke shop, they'd have a reason to be in Hogsmeade- they just bought a shop there."

I nodded slowly, the memory coming back to me. I hadn't realized they had actually bought the shop. But then, with the passageways leading into Hogwarts, it must've been an offer too good to refuse.

"That's good; it'll be nice to have them close by." I sighed, relief moving through me as I nodded. While I was excited about going to Hogwarts, it didn't make all my worries go away. I knew about the Carrows, and I was no masochist. I knew there would definitely be a few times where I would be regretting my decision to come, under another name or not.

Finally, after Kingsley reassuring me that details would be worked out in the near future he left, Remus and Sirius both walking him to the door and leaving me alone with my thoughts. I was going back to Hogwarts.

I wondered who I should tell- Maybe Harry? If he had the map on him, he would know I would be there as soon as looked at it in September. I knew I had to tell Neville, Ginny and Luna though. I was closest to them, and I'd feel terrible to be keeping it from them. Sighing softly, I let my thoughts drift to Draco. Would he know? I would have to write Snape back, and maybe he would tell him. I kinda hope he won't find out, though. He wouldn't be happy about it, me being in the same building as two Death Eaters.

I was grateful, however, that I wouldn't be going back as me. I wasn't too sure how well this 'Put me under another name' thing would work, and I wasn't a huge fan of the prospect of changing my appearance, but as Sirius had said- now that we were really doing this, we were going through with it 100%, and by any means necessary.

Besides, using hair-dye or something wouldn't be that bad, right?

___

"My name is what?" I asked shrilly, staring at the former convict in alarm.

"We know, it isn't ideal, but we talked to his grandmother and she supported the idea.."

"Do you know how much danger we're putting to that family?"

"Lily- they want to do this. We wouldn't make them-"

"I don't care if they want to do this or not! If I get found out, they'll have death eaters knocking on their door."

"You won't get found out!"

"SAYS WHO?"

"Lily Black, calm down right now!" Sirius said sternly, causing me to jump. I couldn't help but frown slightly at the last name but waved it off, another discussion for another time. For now, I focused on my hands, which were intertwined tightly together on my lap. Sirius sighed quietly, obviously not liking the need to raise his voice before he continued;

"Augusta is more than thrilled to hide you in the family, Lily- and this is a very good cover. Kingsley has already set it up, and there's not going against it."

I nodded weakly, letting out a small sigh of my own.

"Does Neville know?"

"It's still your choice whether or not he's aware- he will know you strictly as his cousin from America, if that's what you wish."

"No, no. I thinks it good if he knows.. I was planning on telling him anyways, this doesn't change anything."

"Alright. You'll be moving into the Longbottom's in August- August 25th. You'll be going to the station with them from there, and, hopefully, you won't get caught." Sirius smiled weakly at me as he spoke, and I nodded as I took in the information.

"How am I supposed to disguise myself, though?" I asked, biting my lips. I still wasn't a huge fan of staying with the Longbottom's- If they got hurt...

"We're thinking of using polyjuice potion." Sirius informed me, and I cringed. While I'd never tasted polyjuice, I knew it wasn't pleasant. But with no other option, I nodded slowly. Sirius saw my expression and laughed.

"It won't be that bad. We're working on making a large dose- Instead of having to take it every hour, it'll be every five or so."

"And how will I know when five hours has been up?"

"We're still working on that." Sirius answered with a cheeky smile, and groaning quietly I nodded.

"So, I leave for the Longbottom's on the 25th, go to Hogwarts the 1st, then drink polyjuice potion every five hours for the next eight months or so?"

"Basically."

"Wonderful! Where do we get started?"

____

As it turns out, the bigger a batch for polyjuice potion is, the harder it is to make and the longer it needs to be watched. And being that I was the one the polyjuice was for, I was included in the shifts to watch it to make sure it didn't boil over or anything.

Of course, this wasn't the most exciting job in the world.

But, with a good book and the occasional company, it was bearable.

"So how long does it have to do this?" I asked as Mad-Eye entered the kitchen. He shrugged, setting down a bag that squished loudly as it hit the counter. It was enough sloshing to make me reconsider asking what it was.

"About forty hours." Mad-Eye mused, scratching his chin as he thought about it. Groaning, I let my head fall onto the table. Mad-Eye scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"There's only about ten more hours, Potter- I think you can handle it, as you've only got three of em."

"Is that including now or not including now?"

"Not including now."

"I thought so." I muttered, turning back to the cauldron, which had now started to bubble slightly. Mad-Eye rolled his eyes again, turning back to his bag of... stuff. I averted my eyes as he started sorting through it, the sounds of cupboards opening and closing continually going through my head.

"Must you do that now?"

"Of course. I can't leave them to rot."

"...Rot?"

"Of course rot, Potter, that's what happens when things-"

"And what's going on in here?" A new voice had entered the room, and turning around I smiled softly when I saw Fred, who was leaning against the doorframe with an amused expression.

"Mad-Eye's being gross." I informed him, and Mad-Eye snorted while Fred laughed, shaking his head.

"When is he not?"

"True." I agreed, biting my lip as Fred sauntered over to where Mad-Eye was, peeking into one of the bags. Paling slightly, he turned back to me with wide eyes and shook his head.

"That's why you don't snoop, Weasley." Mad-Eye grumbled, grabbing the bag and pulling it away from Fred, who looked more grateful than anything as he walked over to me, looking down at the polyjuice potion.

"How much time left?"

"Ten hours." I sighed, and Fred smiled weakly at me, nudging me softly with his shoulder.

"Wonderful- now off you go. I've got the next shift." He said, scooting me off the stool before sitting on it himself. I smiled gratefully, nodding.

"Thanks, Fred."

"Don't mention it- but come back when it's your shift! You can't leave me here forever." He chimed, and laughing, I shook my head, grinning.

"I bet I could."

"Oh, you like me too much- and imagine the trouble you'd cause! And those that cause trouble must be punished, eh Potter?" He said, a mischievous smirk pulling at his lips. I felt the heat rising in my face at his suggestive tone. The git. Rolling my eyes, I shook my head at him.

"You have forgotten the fact that I do have an ex-convict for a father, and that any punishment you put on me will be returned very much so to you." I chimed cheerily, and Fred laughed.

"I suppose you're right. Now, off with you- I got a potion to stare at and you've been enough of a distraction!"

"Alright- later, Fred." I said as I walked out the door, hearing him yell a farewell in return before the door swung shut, leaving me to myself in the hallway.

~A/N~

Hey!

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

I apologize for taking TWO MONTHS(two!!!) to update! That was uncalled for :P And I'm sorry!!

I hope you take this chapter as a gesture of my willingness to make ya'll happy and as an apology.

Luv ya,

-Lily

((ALSO, this wasn't edited AT ALL so have mercy!!!))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 15.3K 10
This is the story of an extraordinary little girl. Orphaned as a baby, Emily grows up as a peculiar ten-year-old with abilities that not only frighte...
797 4 46
Lily Potter is eleven years old. She has been patiently waiting for her turn to go to Hogwarts. But there are a few notches. She is a lycanthrope. Sh...
217K 7.1K 50
Anna and Izzy lead a normal life for 13 year old identical twins. With school, friends, family, guys, and issues their life seems pretty ordinary. Th...
21K 387 84
Y/n is a muggleborn witch starting her 6th year at Hogwarts. Being best friends with two weasly twins had made the first 5 years enjoyable. What happ...